Black Team Challenge-- lucky 13!

Options

Replies

• Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    So this SUCKS with a capital S!! I have been doing everything right and still I am stuck at 179!!! My body may be all right with this number but I'm NOT!!!:grumble: :sad: :cry: :brokenheart:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Hi gang,

It's been really busy here lately, so not much posting, but I have been lurking.

Great new AVs for Sara and Beth - you both look so thin... way to go..

Also, Lori - I love the Easter pic of Harley - she is so pretty, and really photogenic - is she a camera ham?

bobbi - I am mostly off coffee, but do indulge now and then. Difference between 2 cups a day and 1 cup every once in a while. Way to go on C25K - you are my hero.

Shuntae - glad you got to see your dad. I had a strained relationship with my dad most of my life, but was able to reconnect for a few years before he passed - makes all the difference in the world, even if all you can do is agree to disagree.

For everyone else I didn't reach out to - way to go all.. Sounds like most of you are seeing some move in the right direction - keep up the good work. .

I went to a training seminar yesterday all day and was not in control of my food, so needless to say, was unable to log.. I did eat mostly salads and healthy food - some that I brought myself, but no refrigerator or microwave, so did have to eat some of the restaurant food. Hopefully, did not backslide too badly - definitely drank lots of water - they had this at the table in the training rooms..

Back at it with a passion today.. log, log, log.... workout, workout, workout...

Janie
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    So this SUCKS with a capital S!! I have been doing everything right and still I am stuck at 179!!! My body may be all right with this number but I'm NOT!!!:grumble: :sad: :cry: :brokenheart:

So I have to come back for Sam, since she snuck in while I was writing my novel above.. Hang in there Sam - from the look of your AV, it appears you are putting on muscle. I'd bet you are in that space that Sara wrote about (was it last week) where your weight training is adding fluid weight to your muscles. I'm guessing that you will see the scale move soon.. Just keep the faith... We love you, and are all pulling for you.

A couple of other shout outs:

Roni - snow this time of year is just not right..:grumble: :grumble:

Lori - me + elliptical = true love, but I need to up the intensity, so expect the relationship to soon be strained..

Lynnie - way to go with the ticker

Marla - thanks so much for this challenge.. looks like it has helped everyone this week

Jen - welcome..

OK, no more novels..
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    okay-- Sara-- the mother-in-law tale, such that it is--

So I walk into my kitchen yesterday morning, right, to greet my in-laws who'd arrived while I was doing some morning typing. In I sauntered, red sleeveless shell and blue jeans, black heel sandals-- dab of perfume behind the ears-- feeling good, looking good. My big day out-- a basketball playoff game for my 13 year old. Feeling rather good about the sleeveless shell-- down 30 pounds, doing some pushups-- arms looking better, not perfect, not great, not awesome -- but better-- maybe even good, actually.

I walk in, wave to them and greet them warmly. My mother-in-law greets me with-- "I wish I could have your fat arms." My husband burst out laughing-- :grumble: I burst out, "WHAT?!!" Then told her I'm sure she meant that in the nicest way. The woman is wasting away to nothing, being in the grips of old age.

Now, before you all suggest ( and tempt me ) to moidalize the crazy old loon :grumble: :wink: -- it must be said this is the same beginning stages of Alzheimer's woman who thinks her husband's her son half the time, her son's her father-in-law and my son with "the funny ears" is adopted. Bless her heart, believe it or not ( fat arms comment not withstanding) she is at her most lucid in my home with all the stimulation from my children-- so we're actually trying to figure out a way to get them to live in our home. All prayers for a lottery victory are welcome-- for that seems to be the only way we can do it. My father-in-law is 81, mother-in-law is 80 and it's time they get some 24 hour family care, you know?

Oh well-- so that's my tale. My son won his basketball game. I got over the fat arms diss and all is well with the world. Championship game for DS is today at 4pm.

Andrew and Beth-- a great big, black team public hug and shout out for the gift of your scale. Andrew bought a new scale and is sending me his used digital scale to replace my year of the flood scale, formerly owned by Noah himself-- sooooo thankful. Thank you so much.

Glad to read this challenge has hit its mark. It is something that came to me Tuesday night. So, I'm glad nobody had the challenge so I could share it-- and that it's helping. I'll be looking forward to receiving the scale and jumping on.

:heart: to all-- heading to work--
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Afternoon everyone,

Marla- lol mother in laws are hilarious. I hope you find a way to get them into the house. They do require alot of care at that age. And we are very happy to pass that scale along- It's a good multi cell scale and should finally provide you with some accurate weights.

Got to the gym and did my thing but I am just feeling kinda Blah today. I'm sure I will feel better soon lol. Have a good afternoon everyone.

:drinker:
  • Tri_Dad
    Options

Sam- Not gonna lie to you. It does in fact suck. But your doing such a good job. Stick with it and the scale will move eventually. Try to look at the stuff other than the scale, Better faster and stronger ya know. Think of the things you can do today that you couldnt when you get started. I know when I first got started I wouldnt be able to run away from a murderer. At least now I'd stand a chance. lol I know, I'm crazy. :laugh: :laugh:
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    Ok folks,

It's been to quiet around here. The honeymoon is NOT over people. So lets get chatting. Everyone read about my embarrasing musical experience at the gym. Do any of you listen to music when you work out? Well I wanna know what you listen to. Another great way to get to know one another better is to know what our likes are. While there was no "it's raining men" on my playlist today I thought I would whare the music that got my butt rolling today.

Today's workout mix was:
    Killing in the name-Rage against the machine
    Bicycle Race-Queen
    Sweet Child o' mine-Guns and Roses
    Fat bottom girls-queen
    Click Click Boom-Saliva
    Rock your Body-Justin Timberlake
    All mixed up-311
    Dont stop me now-Queen
    Bad religion-Godsmack
    Brass Monkey-Beastie Boys
    Toxicity-System of a down
    Virtual Insanity-jamiroqui
    Viva La Vida-Cold Play
    Final Countdown-Europe

So that's the wacky mix of stuff I listened to at the gym. What do you gals listen to?

• Girlmom282109
    Options
    Today's workout mix was:

Andrew, careful that the headphones don't come out on this song too. Even though I love me some JT!! I too listen to him on my Ipod!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Dude, you had me until Beastie Boys. I love me some alternative/metal/rock, but the Beastie Boys have always escaped me as actual "music". :noway: You need to add The Offspring's Dance Dance song. It's FANTASTIC to workout to. Oh, and I now have All Mixed Up stuck in my head.:laugh:

I don't have an cassette player, you new fangled kids...*snicker* Actually, I don't have an mp3 player so I listen to whatever's on the elliptical/random death machine at the gym. There's an "alternative rock" station that's all music that I plug into & rock out to that. It's fantastic. I hear music I love that I can't usually listen to while the kids are around. :embarassed:

Thanks for the compliments, Andrew! My face is finally the weight I want it to be. :bigsmile:

Marla - Good for you for being so willing to want to move them into your home. That takes a BIG adjustment, but it is so worht it, IMO. I worked with dementia patients for a couple years & I think the best care comes from a loving family. :heart:

Sam - *hugs* I'm sorry, my dear. It does suck. I have no magic advise. If I did, I would have saw my goal weight again by now. jerky numbers. They think they control us.

Lori - Have fun at the cookout! Godo luck controling the munchy munches

Janie - I've been uping the intensity of the elliptical every time I use it by 1. I'm thinking if I do it gradually, the 2 of us will never know the difference & can go on with our relationship as is. SPINNING, however...I think the 2 of us need counseling. :laugh:

Howdy everyone that I missed! It was a silly day today so I'm off for a bit.

Edit: Thank you to ALL that complimented my pic. I think I just focused on Andrew b/c I was shocked that a guy noticed! :laugh:
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    Here is what I listen to.

I'm Yours- Jason Mraz
    I don't believe you-Pink
    Womanizer-BS
    Poker face-Lady Gaga
    Whatever you like-TI
    So What-Pink
    Right Now-Akon
    Just Dance-Lady Gaga
    Let it Rock-Kevin Rudolf and Lil wayne
    Keeps gettin better-Xtina Aguilera
    Dead and Gone-TI and JT
    Gives you hell-All american rejects
    Right Round-flo rida
    Addicted-saving abel
    Love remains the same-gavin rossdale

first song I warm up too. Last one I warm down to. :laugh:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Lady Gaga? Pink? Beastie Boys? This does not compute.

Call me a relic, call me what you will. Say I'm old fashioned say I'm over the hill. Today's music ain't' got the same soul, I like that old time rock and roll--

Seriously-- and I don't have an mp3, either-- and it would drive me nuts having it drown out all the noise-- wait a minute-- what am I saying? :noway: :wink:

But, really-- it would make me crazy.

What I'd love, though, is a satellite radio iPod so I can just punch in my oldies and have a steady stream of 'em-- I don't want to have to sit and go through the catalogs of music out there and download this crap-- who has the time?

My dingaling son went to some ridiculous concert in Hershey last week... Avenge of the 7 Dwarfs, I teasingly call them-- "Avenge7Fold?" Something stupid like that-- what a name.

I don't think I'd do the music thing when I run, anyway-- truly, I like to get into "ME" out there, and I wouldn't be doing that if I'm too busy boppin' to my babydoll Huey Lewis.

Later all-- my son won his game today-- wooooo. He is the champion, my friennnds.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    My music starts with Andrea Boccelli and ends with Lil Feat.
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    I should admit that I'm also a huge classic rock fan, too, but a)the gym doesn't have a classic rock station & b) I can't get my heart rate up that high to CCR. :laugh: One of the reasons I like Life On Mars so much is b/c of the music. :love:

Marla - YAY! Congrats to your son!
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    I don't think I'd do the music thing when I run, anyway-- truly, I like to get into "ME" out there, and I wouldn't be doing that if I'm too busy boppin' to my babydoll Huey Lewis.

I HAVE to listen to music when I run or else I won't last. I get bored easily and if I'm just running and running I can go forever if I have music.

also, I am a hard runner and it sounds like I'm about to break the treadmill. I have to drowned that out too.:blushing: :laugh:
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    Today's workout mix was:

Andrew, careful that the headphones don't come out on this song too. Even though I love me some JT!! I too listen to him on my Ipod!

<
    secure in his masculinity. lol that tune rocks. lol
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Today's workout mix was:

<
    secure in his masculinity. lol that tune rocks. lol

tsk tsk But I bet It's Raining Men isn't on your iPod anymore. :laugh: My TurboKick instructor busted that song out on Friday & I started laughing out loud & thought of you. I was next to the only dude in class, too so he just thought I was extra nuts. :bigsmile:
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    Dude, you had me until Beastie Boys. I love me some alternative/metal/rock, but the Beastie Boys have always escaped me as actual "music". :noway: You need to add The Offspring's Dance Dance song. It's FANTASTIC to workout to. Oh, and I now have All Mixed Up stuck in my head.:laugh:

I don't have an cassette player, you new fangled kids...*snicker* Actually, I don't have an mp3 player so I listen to whatever's on the elliptical/random death machine at the gym. There's an "alternative rock" station that's all music that I plug into & rock out to that. It's fantastic. I hear music I love that I can't usually listen to while the kids are around. :embarassed:

Thanks for the compliments, Andrew! My face is finally the weight I want it to be. :bigsmile:

Marla - Good for you for being so willing to want to move them into your home. That takes a BIG adjustment, but it is so worht it, IMO. I worked with dementia patients for a couple years & I think the best care comes from a loving family. :heart:

Sam - *hugs* I'm sorry, my dear. It does suck. I have no magic advise. If I did, I would have saw my goal weight again by now. jerky numbers. They think they control us.

Lori - Have fun at the cookout! Godo luck controling the munchy munches

Janie - I've been uping the intensity of the elliptical every time I use it by 1. I'm thinking if I do it gradually, the 2 of us will never know the difference & can go on with our relationship as is. SPINNING, however...I think the 2 of us need counseling. :laugh:

Howdy everyone that I missed! It was a silly day today so I'm off for a bit.

Edit: Thank you to ALL that complimented my pic. I think I just focused on Andrew b/c I was shocked that a guy noticed! :laugh:

I've got some off-spring in there. I guess the majority of what I listen to is rock/alternative and classic rock all though It made me feel like I was getting older when I was in my car and put on the oldies station and they were playing Dr. Feel good my Motley Crue. Oh golly it did not occur to me that would be considered an "oldie". lol My blackberry is just loaded with music some normal some odd. I have a wide variety of stuff in there. I think I am with sam I need the music to keep me going. Something about running on the treadmill to "Eye of the Tiger" makes me an unstoppable beast lol.

• loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    When I'm on the elliptical, I listen to Now 29. It's a bunch of hit songs like "So What" by Pink and "Hot and Cold" by Katy Perry and "Disturbia" by Rihanna, high beat stuff like that. I skip through the more rap-ish stuff though.

Tonight went really well at Dave's friend's house. I had a turkey burger, lots of baby carrots, and cherry tomatoes. That's it. I didn't have any of the chips, I didn't finish Harley's hamburger bun, and I didn't eat any of the drool-worthy-looking desserts like the brownies, chocolate-chip cookies, chocolate chocolate-chip cookies, and chocolate pudding something pie.

It's really hard because I start to let myself think "What's the big deal. I've only lost 13 or so pounds. If I stuff my face and get back to that, would I really be that unhappy?" Then the entire black team jumps on my other shoulder and tells me "Keep up the good work, you can do it, you don't really want to eat that crap" kinda thing. And then I resisted. :laugh: So thanks guys! :flowerforyou:
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I'm Yours- Jason Mraz

That's my cell phone ringer. I call it my "happy" song. It makes me think of just chilling out on a beach in Hawaii with a drink in my hand. *sigh*
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    I'm Yours- Jason Mraz

That's my cell phone ringer. I call it my "happy" song. It makes me think of just chilling out on a beach in Hawaii with a drink in my hand. *sigh*

When I'm doing a long run on the treadmill and that song comes on again I think to myself one day I will looklike a girl that he woiuld date! Is that bad of me?:bigsmile: