Black Team Challenge-- lucky 13!

Options

Replies

• lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I'm sick and tired of this friggin Marla I could scream! Move, damn scale! I am tired of being overweight!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Just for reference, the Browns will never go to the *actual* Super Bowl. :laugh:

Sam - *hugs* I feel your pain, sweetie. I really do. I often weigh myself again after I breastfeed T in the morning & somehow it goes up. WTH?
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    I'm sick and tired of this friggin Marla I could scream! Move, damn scale! I am tired of being overweight!

That Marla. *shakes head* OH...you mean the p-word-marla. :laugh: *hugs* I bet part of your "marla" is that you started that new job. Stress can do a number on a body! *hugs*
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Just for reference, the Browns will never go to the *actual* Super Bowl. :laugh:

Very true, But with the amount of fiber I've been eating lately they are like the friggin patriots in my house.

I know TMI, it's early and I am still sleepy.
  • 3babybeans
    Options

Very true, But with the amount of fiber I've been eating lately they are like the friggin patriots in my house.

I know TMI, it's early and I am still sleepy.

:laugh: I'm probably the exception to the group, but I have such a "boy" sense of humor, I found this quite hysterical. LOL
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Sanifrey – I’m sorry. All of the black team challenges are copyrighted and may not be duplicated. The only way to use them is to switch over to the dark side with us. :laugh:

Sara – The little ice cream place near us isn’t open yet. I said something to Dave recently about not going there since we’re watching. He said “OR we’ll go there and just deal with it.” :huh:

Andrew – Good job of meeting your current goal. Dave is also 5’11”. He isn’t going by the BMI because it always seems too thin for guys. The lowest he’s ever been in 209 out of boot camp when he was 18. So now he’s aiming for somewhere between 200-225. He’ll see when he gets there.

Sam – I gained the other day after going #2. I’m like - stuff exited, nothing entered ,how did I gain? Yesterday I weighed myself when I got up. I came downstairs and ate my breakfast bars. I went upstairs and had lost. :noway: :grumble:

Lynnie – Good things we know what “Marla”s are. Otherwise, I’d just think she’s a really mean lady. :laugh:

I did well yesterday. Harley and I went to a different mall to look for a dress that wasn't available in my size at our local mall. (They didn't have it so Dave offered to stop by a store near where he's going for work today. He had me email the link to his phone so he can go up to the lady and say "I need this dress in my wife's size." I :heart: him.)

Anyway it went well until Harley realized how nicely a big mall with high ceilings echos. I so wanted to get a smoothie or something from Dairy Queen. But I realized when I stress is when I binge. It's when Dave and I fight or Harley drives me crazy. It's like I'm binging to prove that I have control of something. So I just flipped up both "lids" on her stroller to muffle the screams a bit and walked away. And last night we had leftovers that I'd measured when I put them away and then I had strawberries (that I measured) for a snack.

I will not be doing the challenge on Saturday evening though *flinches so I did get hit by Marla* because Dave's mom is making homemade chicken noodle soup with homemade noodles and I don't want to make her break everything down so I can figure it all out. But I don't eat a huge bowl and I only eat the white meat.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Once in a while I check through out the day out of curiosity. The other day I had a good clean day
    141.5 upon awakening
    138.0 2 hours later
    140. 2 hours later

end of the day, after all food and stuff 138.5 at bedtime.

I take the lowest number, input it and dont change it again until I see another lower number.

~~ Singer~~I am skinny, oh so skinny, I am skinny, and minny and LIGHT!! and my heart strings feel ev eeee ver light.....
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Sanifrey – I’m sorry. All of the black team challenges are copyrighted and may not be duplicated. The only way to use them is to switch over to the dark side with us. :laugh:

Sara – The little ice cream place near us isn’t open yet. I said something to Dave recently about not going there since we’re watching. He said “OR we’ll go there and just deal with it.” :huh:

Andrew – Good job of meeting your current goal. Dave is also 5’11”. He isn’t going by the BMI because it always seems too thin for guys. The lowest he’s ever been in 209 out of boot camp when he was 18. So now he’s aiming for somewhere between 200-225. He’ll see when he gets there.

Sam – I gained the other day after going #2. I’m like - stuff exited, nothing entered ,how did I gain? Yesterday I weighed myself when I got up. I came downstairs and ate my breakfast bars. I went upstairs and had lost. :noway: :grumble:

Lynnie – Good things we know what “Marla”s are. Otherwise, I’d just think she’s a really mean lady. :laugh:

I did well yesterday. Harley and I went to a different mall to look for a dress that wasn't available in my size at our local mall. (They didn't have it so Dave offered to stop by a store near where he's going for work today. He had me email the link to his phone so he can go up to the lady and say "I need this dress in my wife's size." I :heart: him.)

Anyway it went well until Harley realized how nicely a big mall with high ceilings echos. I so wanted to get a smoothie or something from Dairy Queen. But I realized when I stress is when I binge. It's when Dave and I fight or Harley drives me crazy. It's like I'm binging to prove that I have control of something. So I just flipped up both "lids" on her stroller to muffle the screams a bit and walked away. And last night we had leftovers that I'd measured when I put them away and then I had strawberries (that I measured) for a snack.

I will not be doing the challenge on Saturday evening though *flinches so I did get hit by Marla* because Dave's mom is making homemade chicken noodle soup with homemade noodles and I don't want to make her break everything down so I can figure it all out. But I don't eat a huge bowl and I only eat the white meat.

Lori, I dont think homemade chicken noodle soups will kill ya in calories.You wil be fine using one of the homemade recipes in here. Just count your ounces or cups.

AND ENJOY!! I LOVE homemade chix noodle soup!

:drinker: Jeannie
  • loreeb18
    Options
    Lori, I dont think homemade chicken noodle soups will kill ya in calories.You wil be fine using one of the homemade recipes in here. Just count your ounces or cups.

It drives Dave crazy because his mom is a great cook but he said she stunk while he was growing up. (Meat was always dry kinda thing.) He's like "Why couldn't she cook like this all those years?" :laugh:
  • 3babybeans
    Options

It drives Dave crazy because his mom is a great cook but he said she stunk while he was growing up. (Meat was always dry kinda thing.) He's like "Why couldn't she cook like this all those years?" :laugh:

My mom STILL dries all the meat out! I ws shocked when I moved out that a boneless, skinless chicken breast could be GOOD...check that...that I could actually chew & swallow a boneless, skinless, chix breast. :laugh: She loves to cook & is REALLY good when she takes her time, but she rushes everything & it doesn't turn out that great. :tongue:
  • loreeb18
    Options

My mom STILL dries all the meat out! I ws shocked when I moved out that a boneless, skinless chicken breast could be GOOD...check that...that I could actually chew & swallow a boneless, skinless, chix breast. :laugh: She loves to cook & is REALLY good when she takes her time, but she rushes everything & it doesn't turn out that great. :tongue:

The first time I suggested pork chops, Dave was like "I don't know," Now we eat them at least every 2 weeks. Everytime we do, he says "I didn't know pork chops could be not dry." Everytime. LOL
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Ok Im a late bloomer here lol...but I wanted to say great challenge, thank you Marla! Sometimes we do get so caught up in things and trying to do this right and that right, when all along all we needed to do was get "back to the basics":smile: Heres hoping it has a great effect on us all!:drinker: Have a wonderful day everyone, Im off to play some more tennis:happy:
    ~Roni
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    well I guess this really does make a difference because I have 216 cals left for the day. I have logged each oz, mouthful and teaspoon of food.

Guess I will be exercising, migraine and all!:glasses:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    OK all, let's have a vote..

I am falling asleep at my desk - early for me, this usually happens 2 hours from now - I worked out really hard the past 5 days, and am not sleeping really well. My body is achy and complaining a little - not a lot, just fatigue type stuff. My nose and ears are stuffed and my eyes are burning..

Need to do something - should I try to work out, or take a short nap and workout later - there will still be a workout at some point..

Please help me decide, because I am apparently pre-TOM and can not make a decision to save my life..

thanks, jb
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Janie - I think that you need to toss the workout & just take a nap. I think you're getting sick & if you keep pushing your body, it isn't going to do any "good". *hugs*

Jeannie - Geeze a loo, woman! Maybe going for a walk would help the migraine (although I know the answer b/c I live this...) *hugs* Take it easy!

Roni - Hello, pretty lady! Glad to see you pop in here for the challenge! Enjoy your tennis time!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Gee-- I missed all the poop conversations-- what rotten luck. :wink:

good morning team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm feeling good about this week-- truly!!!!!! This is the week, my friends-- this is the week!!!!!!!!!

Bye-bye "Marlas"-- and my good name shall be restored! Ha!

Sara, Lori-- I thought MY mom was the only who killed the meat-- we choked on her porkchops. She'd "brown" 'em-- aka fry the snot out of 'em, then put 'em in a roaster and bake them for an hour. Funniest thing-- this was her pride and joy meal, the one she'd cook for company-- they were AWFUL.

Her chicken wasn't much better-- or her Thanksgiving turkey for that matter. I had to get married before I was to learn that white meat turkey wasn't supposed to leave splinters in your tongue.

Heading to work-- had a good breakfast and didn't snitch even a nibble from the egg/sausage/biscuit breakfast I made for the kids. Not even a sip of their orange juice.

Big black team hugs to all-- have a great day!
  • Tri_Dad
    Options

My dad used to act like he was king of the grill. Until he saw me and my friends using one of his left over burgers to practice our street hockey wrist shots in the back yard. From that day on he knew he grilled hockey pucks. lol

:drinker:
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options

My dad used to act like he was king of the grill. Until he saw me and my friends using one of his left over burgers to practice our street hockey wrist shots in the back yard. From that day on he knew he grilled hockey pucks. lol

:drinker:

he still does :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I want to fess up. I DID log every stinking calorie (actually thought of another food to add right now) BUT I went over my calories by double today. I had a migraine and loaded up on home made foods that were high in fats and cals.

this is the 1st time since June I have gone over like this.

I am not saying I feel bad, or guilty or whatever...............Just keeping honest with my buds.

Migraine is gone so tomorrow will be another day. Better get my butt to the gym!
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    I want to fess up. I DID log every stinking calorie (actually thought of another food to add right now) BUT I went over my calories by double today. I had a migraine and loaded up on home made foods that were high in fats and cals.

this is the 1st time since June I have gone over like this.

I am not saying I feel bad, or guilty or whatever...............Just keeping honest with my buds.

Migraine is gone so tomorrow will be another day. Better get my butt to the gym!

No sweat Jeannie!

Food is pretty damn tasty. I'm pretty sure we still love you. One day of comfort food surrounded by days of great choices is a wonderful thing. If you told me I had to go the rest of my life without having a day here and there where I don't sweat the cals I would probably have to turn in my letter of resignation. It's funny because I am having the opposite problem today. I feel like I ate well today. Egg and cheese on an english muffin for breakfast with my coffee. Left over chicken from last night in a wrap with spinach and laughing cow cheese with a yogurt for lunch. Wheat thins with laughing cow cheese for an afternoon snack and TWO servings of turkey meatloaf, a cup of steamed green beans and 2/3 a cup of brown rice for supper. I plan to have a skinny cow ice cream treat later this evening so I already logged that. As for excersice I did my c25k at the gym but had to stop into work so that is all I did at the gym for 430cals....then when I got home my wife suggested that we take the boys to the bike path so aiden could ride his bike so off we went. 460 cals for that walk. So now I am stuffed full with supper thinking that I have just enough room for my icecream later and this is what I have LEFT in the budget for the day....
    Calories-1,172
    Carbs-184
    Fats-40
    Protein-1
    Sodium-101
    Fiber- Over 12

I am always worried about the starvation mode thing but there is no way I am gonna stuff my face full of 1200 calories tonight.
    Hopefully this wont freeze up the scale.

Cheers friends:drinker: