Grab and Go Breakfasts???

Options
I used to never eat breakfast which is terrible but I not a morning person and am usually rushing out the door with breakfast in hand to be at my 8am classes on time. Lately I've been eating these "Bagel-Ful" things that are like bagel hot pockets stuffed with cream cheese and jelly at 170 calories a pop. Problem is they are so good and easy that I find it hard to save them just for breakfast and just grab one whenever I want a snack. Next thing you know I've devoured a box of them in a day. Not good.

Does anyone know of any relatively healthy, doesn't taste like twigs and sticks, quick grab and go type breakfast foods that might work for me???

I need some breakfast on the go ideas!!!

Thanks!

Replies

• geistmadl
    Options
    I like to make this breakfast sandwich ahead of time, freeze it and grab it to microwave at work:

English muffin
    1 egg or egg beaters
    1-2 strips of turkey bacon
    Salsa

Toast the muffin, scramble the eggs and cook the bacon. Put the eggs and bacon on the muffin, smear with salsa. Stick in freezer. Microwave in a paper towel for 30 seconds or so. I like using a thick salsa so it doesn't get to drippy.
  • geistmadl
    Options
    Dannon Lite and Fit Yogurt is also good. An apple, pear or banana works too :happy:
  • campuschef
    campuschef Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I make these for work, but if you take just a general cake mix (preferably spice), mix in 1 cup of pineapple tidbits, 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, 1/4 cup raisins and 1/4 cup shredded carrots and add 2 cups of dry powdered milk to the dry mix, add the water and bake, you come up with a dense breakfast bar that not only is a grab and go item, but has one serving of fruit & vegetables in in, along with the nutritional value of one 8 oz serving of milk.

Our guys love it, (and I serve it to about 4000 people every morning).

Change out adding coconut, chocolate chips, M&M's and other goodies for a sweetness and crunch change.

Good Luck on your goals.
  • campuschef
    campuschef Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    A hot option that I do for myself is, on Saturday, I cook enough scrambled egg whites, lowfat chorizo, omelettes, etc for the entire week. I then portion them into ziplock baggies or paper bowls, cover, wrap, and put into the fridge. Then, early in the morning when I am getting ready for work, I simply heat them in the microwave and run out the door. (You can make your own breakfast burrito's this way as well).

The nice part is that you only messed up the kitchen once for 7 days worth of hot breakfast.
  • mohairbears
    mohairbears Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Oats so Simple 1 sachet and Mullerlite no fat toffee yoghurt...
    Mix it up and yum....
  • kepete
    kepete Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I never ate breakfast in the past & now eat all morning long! I each a piece of fruit, 100 calorie treat, yogurt and some dry cereal almost every morning.
  • ttabangel
    ttabangel Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    bump
  • prairiedawg2014
    Options
    i make these and freeze them in freezer bags 2 in each. takes only a minute to nuke them and away you go!

1 onion
    1 green pepper
    4 cloves garlic
    1TBSP olive oil
    1 cup frozen or fresh spinach
    12 eggs
    1 cup fat reduced mozzarella cheese
    3 TBSP bacon bits

Chop garlic and saute in oil. In the meantime chop the spinach, onion and green pepper. When garlic starts to turn light brown add green pepper, onion and spinach. Cook til spinach is done. Set aside to cool.
    In seperate bowl, whip eggs, cheese and bacon bits. when veggies cooled add them to this.
    Mix together. Spoon into muffin tins sprayed with cooking spray.
    Bake approx 20 mins in 350F preheated oven
    Makes 18

Per serving
    103 cals
    2g carbs
    7g fat
    9g protein
  • johnsont2587
    johnsont2587 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of Protein shakes. Doing what is left of my HerbaLife right now, then going to run out to GNC for their BOGO 50% on Total Lean. I like to mix mine in the blender with nonfat milk and frozen fruit. In five minutes you have something loaded with nutrients and it's portable!
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I'm a grab and go-er myself. I don't like a big breakfast, so I usually do banana, string cheese, and coffee. Hard boiled eggs are great, too.

Good carbs, protein, and caffeine. They make the world go 'round.
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I make giant batches of Steel Cut Oats. Split them into tupperware containers in the fridge for the week.

Grab one in the AM, throw it in the microwave for 1 min, and then throw in whatever I'm feeling (peanutbutter, almonds, raisins, pb2, yogurt, whatever)

Good to go!
  • smlamb33
    smlamb33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I never have time for breakfast because I have so much to get done in the morning before work so, I drink an Atkins low carb shake on my way to work or even at my desk first thing. They are filling and delicious and are even low carb. They are 160 calories, have 15g of protien and have 1g of sugar. The Dark Chocolate is my favorite. Quick, Easy and Nutritious!
  • FireMama_24
    FireMama_24 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    To everyone this may sound a bit weird but it is AMAZING!!!!!
    1/2 C oats
    1 T mini chocolate chips
    1 T shredded coconut
    1 T Peanut Butter

Put all that.....except PB into a small container like a 1 C tupperwear one ahead of time. Pull out of cupboard put hot water into it, mix it and then put the lid back on and let steep. After about 4-5 min (as your getting ready or driving to work) put the PB in and mix well.

I love it!!! I eat it almost daily.
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I'm a grab and go-er myself. I don't like a big breakfast, so I usually do banana, string cheese, and coffee. Hard boiled eggs are great, too.

Good carbs, protein, and caffeine. They make the world go 'round.

Sounds like my breakfast!
  • Pattinan
    Pattinan Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Great ideas!
  • kegonzales
    Options
    bump
  • anastasiawildflower
    anastasiawildflower Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I always grab some fruit to take with me. Apples, oranges, clementines, bananas, etc. It's also nice to either make or buy fruit and nut bars. I usually have to eat in the car or the bus otherwise I won't get the chance to eat until 9:30am, which is 5 hours into my baking shift. I don't really feel the need to eat breakfast usually, which is why fruit is my favorite option.
  • beckie4442
    Options
    bump :happy:
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    There are lots of recipes for make ahead egg cups, but if you don't want to make them you can buy Garden Lites--individual egg white cups full of veggies. I got some at Costco in the freezer section.