No bake energy bites

1 cup oatmeal
    1/2 cup peanut butter
    1/3 cup honey
    1/2 cup coconut
    1/2 milled flax
    1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
    1 tsp vanilla
    Mix all ingredients together, chill for 30 minutes then form into 1-1 1/2 inch balls. Chill again and then toss into a ziploc bag. Keep in fridge and just grab 2-3 every morning.
  • jchester71
    jchester71 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    If I don't have time to cook eggs, I grab a bar of some kind. Usually a LARA bar, since it is actual food, although I am at times guilty of eating an engineered nutrition type protein supplement bar.
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Vanessadk0604
    Options
    Oatmeal, and you can always add fruit
  • tiptoeketo
    tiptoeketo Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I spend 20 minutes on Sunday to prep and organize my food.

This week for breakfast I'll be having fresh pineapple or fresh watermelon(already portioned out), and yogurt.

Other days I eat toast and peanut butter- I keep the pb at work so all I need to bring is a slice of bread.

Another idea is portioned cottage cheese, or babybel cheese and some fruit.
  • shellshalla
    shellshalla Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Yummy....bumping to copy recipes on my home computer!!
  • MRS131
    MRS131 Posts: 1
    Options
    I work afternoons, so I dont have to worry about being in a rush right away in the mornings. However, I'm usually starting to get hungry as I'm ready to leave for work so I make a yoplait smoothy and drink it on the way to work. It's filling, and then I'll finish eating my 'lunch' when I get to work. The bag has enough for 2 servings, but I usually drink both just to keep me full longer :)
  • seahorsewahine
    seahorsewahine Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I make crustless quiches.

1 block cream cheese (low fat or regular)
    1/2 bag baby spinach, chopped and wilted in microwave for 30 seconds
    1/2 bag shredded cheese
    6-8 eggs
    salt, pepper, seasoning,
    optional - bacon, sausage, etc.

Mix well and pour in greased 9x9 pan or muffin pan

I wrap each piece in tin foil and then ziplock them all in a gallon bag. I pull them out of the freezer, and defrost for 1lb and they are perfect!

It makes about 12-16 breakfasts and is super yummy. It is dense enough that you could use it in a wrap, or warm it in a recycled yogurt cup and take on the road.
  • kristi3565
    Options
    I would love to try this. How much hot water do you add? Is the T a teaspoon or a Tablespoon? Can't wait to try it. Thanks for the idea.
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Here's the website: http://www.garden-lites.com/

Thanks for sharing............the cauliflower and zucchini look fabulous! Will have to looke for them in Costco.
  • kristi3565
    Options
    [QUOTE:

To everyone this may sound a bit weird but it is AMAZING!!!!!
    1/2 C oats
    1 T mini chocolate chips
    1 T shredded coconut
    1 T Peanut Butter

Put all that.....except PB into a small container like a 1 C tupperwear one ahead of time. Pull out of cupboard put hot water into it, mix it and then put the lid back on and let steep. After about 4-5 min (as your getting ready or driving to work) put the PB in and mix well.

I love it!!! I eat it almost daily.

I would love to try this. How much hot water do you add? Is the T a teaspoon or a Tablespoon? Can't wait to try it. Thanks for the idea.
    [/quote]
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat a couple small things throughout the morning instead of one larger meal. One meal leaves me sleepy and then I'm hungry before lunch. I like Kashi cereal bars, granola bars, homemade biscotti, homemade microwave breakfast burritos, hard boiled eggs, instant oatmeal, dry cereal, or whatever strikes my fancy at the grocery store that week. I put my breakfast and lunch together the night before and get my milk and sugar mixed in my travel cup so I'm more organized in the morning. All I have to do is throw everything in my bag, pour my coffee and I'm out the door. (In theory at least. I've discovered that the more organized I am, the harder it is for the dogs to find just the right spot outside.)
  • TeeJayBee_xo
    Options
    bump
  • gipperakh
    gipperakh Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    bump!
    Also, you could just make a quick bowl of instant cream of wheat with skim milk and i put a little brown sugar in mine.
  • MystikPixie
    MystikPixie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I never wake up early enough to make breakfast so I have to have something that I can grab and pitch in my lunchbox to eat at work. Lately it's been Fage Greek Yogurt or a snack pack Cottage Cheese. One of my friends told me about an eggy muffin recipe that you can make ahead a time like on Sunday, that way it'd still be grab and go. I'm going to try that after my next shopping trip. It's basically any scrambled or omelette recipe you can think of poured into a muffin pan. I'm going more veggie so I'm going to try red and green bell peppers with onions. Maybe some light cheese.
  • BlueStar1989
    BlueStar1989 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    fiber one honey squares with yogurt and fruit. If you want to eat it on the go just skip to yogurt and save it for protien snack later.
  • julesandrich
    julesandrich Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    To everyone this may sound a bit weird but it is AMAZING!!!!!
    1/2 C oats
    1 T mini chocolate chips
    1 T shredded coconut
    1 T Peanut Butter

Put all that.....except PB into a small container like a 1 C tupperwear one ahead of time. Pull out of cupboard put hot water into it, mix it and then put the lid back on and let steep. After about 4-5 min (as your getting ready or driving to work) put the PB in and mix well.

I love it!!! I eat it almost daily.

Sounds amazing!! I am going to try it this week. :-)
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    Blue Cheese Egg Cups

1/8 Cup Crumbled Blue Cheese

1 TBSP Bacon

4 TBSP Egg Whites

Put bacon and blue cheese in a muffin pan.

Add egg whites. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes.

Makes 1 Muffin, if you make extras refrigerate them and heat up later

108 Calories 2 Carbs 6 Fat 460 Sodium 12 Protien 1 Fiber

Mexi-Egg Cups

1/8 Cup Pico de Gallo

1/8 Cup Shredded Colby Jack Cheese

4 TBSP Egg Whites

Put Pico de Gallo and cheese in a muffin pan. Add egg whites. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes.

96 Calories 5 Carbs 4 Fat 188 Sodium 11 Protien 1 Fiber

Mediterranean Egg Cups

1/8 Cup Chopped frozen Spinach (thawed)

1 TBSP Crumbled Feta

1 tsp Chopped sun Dried Tomatoes

4 TBSP Egg Whites

Put Spinach, feta, and sun dried tomatoes in a muffin pan. Add egg whites. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes.

83 Calories 6 Carbs 3 Fat 302 Sodium 12 Protien 2 Fiber
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    How about you just get up 30 minutes early and make breakfast?

That's what I do.