Grab and Go Breakfasts???

Options

Replies

• msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    It's all about putting in the time... I hit the gym at 5:30am 3 days a week before work (2 a days to meet my goals yay!. And on these days I make sure that on Monday night I make a HUGE scramble eggs, bell pepper, onion, spinach, mushrooms, bacon and divide it into 3 containers so I can just throw one in my lunch bag and heat it up after I get to work. If I forget to put it in my bag I have been known to grab a protein shake. Take the time a couple times a week to cook in advance and you'll have much better options than a sugar filed carb laden bagel thingy.
  • wishous21
    Options
    I ran into the same problem over the years. I have devoted Sunday nights to making my meals for the week. My favorite and easy breakfast is quick and delish. A little over 300 calories and keeps you full for a while.
    Sandwich:
    1 slice Ezekiel Bread
    3 tbsp All Whites - Egg Whites
    1 slice Kraft low fat cheddar cheese
    Buy an egg frying pan about 5" in diameter. Pour in egg whites and cook both sides. Toast the bread. Add slice of cheese to toasted bread and place egg on top. Place in a sandwich bag or tupperware dish. Microwave about 15 seconds. Because the bread is already toasted, it won't get soggy. It is enough heat to melt the cheese and warm up the eggs.

Then have your half banana, hardboiled egg and use the milk in your coffee or tea or drink it straight up. Like I said, it is a lot of food for a little over 300 calories, but you are full and most times I have to spread the food out because it does fill me up!

half of a banana
    1 hardboiled egg
    1 cup skim milk
  • GBO323
    GBO323 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    A couple of ideas...

1. Buy a box of Jimmy Dean Breakfast Muffins with the Turkey Sausage. Yummy, filling, and 1:30 in the microwave. 260 Calories.

2. Keep a box of FiberOne bars handy. ~140 calories each and 1 provides almos half of your DAILY fiber. Two of them keep me satisfied until lunch.
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I think in these situations planning ahead of time is so important. On Sunday evening, make 6 - 12 hard-boiled eggs or some healthy muffins, something like that. So that you have it ready for the week. Then in the morning you are grabbing it. String cheese, yogurt, Lara Bars are also good ideas.
  • hotmama1174
    hotmama1174 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    When I have to grab and go - I actually head to MeDonalds-all under 300 calories:
    -oatmeal
    -parfait
    -apple/walnut salad

Good luck!!
  • agibson0430
    agibson0430 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    bump
  • goforkissy
    goforkissy Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • lms333
    lms333 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I make Quiche Cups on Sunday for the week. They're basically an omlete in the shape of a circle since I use muffin pans. After I cook them I portion them out into 4 per sandwich baggie. As I am ready to walk out the door I pop them in the microwave for 30-45 seconds, grab the bag, and go. They have been the easiest and healthiest thing I have done in the morning. Otherwise, in a pinch, I grab a Kashi granola bar and fruit.
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    To everyone this may sound a bit weird but it is AMAZING!!!!!
    1/2 C oats
    1 T mini chocolate chips
    1 T shredded coconut
    1 T Peanut Butter

I love it!!! I eat it almost daily.

I think sounds delicious too! I've never tried putting coconut in my oatmeal. I'm going to have to try it.
  • nnapieralski
    nnapieralski Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hardboiled egg, precooked bacon, and either tomatoes or string cheese.
  • ashwarren21
    ashwarren21 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Eggface's breakfast bites make great grab and go breakfasts. Make a batch then freeze them 2-3 in a bag. Fast to re-heat and tastes great!

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2009/10/party-time-confetti-bites.html
  • JeNn45nFiT
    JeNn45nFiT Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    For me on the go its a cereal bar under 100 cals a piece of fruit and a fat free yogurt x
  • kk1964
    kk1964 Posts: 46
    Options
    I would like to know what bump means as well?
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I usually have to have something in my stomach in the mornings even if it is not a lot. I try to have a fruit, cereal, or bowl of cream of wheat. Sometimes, I'll stop and get an Odawalla bar. Those are so good!! They have all kinds of flavors and only 210 cal. You could also have bagels or some kind of nutritional shake.

My suggestion if you have a hard time getting to breakfast...make your breakfast ahead of time for a whole week. Then you can just heat it up or grab it on your way out the door.
  • wvbuckeye
    Options
    Protein shake mix (I use Isolated protein mix), banana and pure almond vanilla soy milk. Put it in a blender and it is amazing. I woulda never drand this because of the soy milk, but IT IS AWESOME! It has about 330 calories and packed with protein, potassium and calcium. AWESOME way to start the morning! Takes me three minutes to put it together.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I would like to know what bump means as well?

People post that to move the topic to the top of the boards. It will show up as the most recent topic on forum pages and on user's homepages. Just a way to get more hits :-)
  • jmjones66
    jmjones66 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    i make these and freeze them in freezer bags 2 in each. takes only a minute to nuke them and away you go!

1 onion
    1 green pepper
    4 cloves garlic
    1TBSP olive oil
    1 cup frozen or fresh spinach
    12 eggs
    1 cup fat reduced mozzarella cheese
    3 TBSP bacon bits

Chop garlic and saute in oil. In the meantime chop the spinach, onion and green pepper. When garlic starts to turn light brown add green pepper, onion and spinach. Cook til spinach is done. Set aside to cool.
    In seperate bowl, whip eggs, cheese and bacon bits. when veggies cooled add them to this.
    Mix together. Spoon into muffin tins sprayed with cooking spray.
    Bake approx 20 mins in 350F preheated oven
    Makes 18

Per serving
    103 cals
    2g carbs
    7g fat
    9g protein

Nice Fritatta! I make a similar one with broccoli, shredded potatoes, and bacon. I also make enough to freeze and they last me throughout the week.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    On Sundays and Wednesdays I make a big batch of smoothies up. Get pineapple, strawberries and blueberries off the market and blend them with grape juice. For 500mls approx 250 cals and fills you up for ages!!! Store them in the 2l coke bottles and just pour a cold glass and drink it quickly before leaving or poor some into a cold drinks flask and drink on the go... Really works x
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Some good ideas