Grab and Go Breakfasts???

Options

Replies

• JWolf7911
    JWolf7911 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    That sounds delicious!
    i make these and freeze them in freezer bags 2 in each. takes only a minute to nuke them and away you go!

1 onion
    1 green pepper
    4 cloves garlic
    1TBSP olive oil
    1 cup frozen or fresh spinach
    12 eggs
    1 cup fat reduced mozzarella cheese
    3 TBSP bacon bits

Chop garlic and saute in oil. In the meantime chop the spinach, onion and green pepper. When garlic starts to turn light brown add green pepper, onion and spinach. Cook til spinach is done. Set aside to cool.
    In seperate bowl, whip eggs, cheese and bacon bits. when veggies cooled add them to this.
    Mix together. Spoon into muffin tins sprayed with cooking spray.
    Bake approx 20 mins in 350F preheated oven
    Makes 18

Per serving
    103 cals
    2g carbs
    7g fat
    9g protein
  • Shinkermom
    Shinkermom Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas
  • Tangy1966
    Tangy1966 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    i make these and freeze them in freezer bags 2 in each. takes only a minute to nuke them and away you go!

1 onion
    1 green pepper
    4 cloves garlic
    1TBSP olive oil
    1 cup frozen or fresh spinach
    12 eggs
    1 cup fat reduced mozzarella cheese
    3 TBSP bacon bits

Chop garlic and saute in oil. In the meantime chop the spinach, onion and green pepper. When garlic starts to turn light brown add green pepper, onion and spinach. Cook til spinach is done. Set aside to cool.
    In seperate bowl, whip eggs, cheese and bacon bits. when veggies cooled add them to this.
    Mix together. Spoon into muffin tins sprayed with cooking spray.
    Bake approx 20 mins in 350F preheated oven
    Makes 18

Per serving
    103 cals
    2g carbs
    7g fat
    9g protein
  • Tangy1966
    Options
    Looks like a great recipe...thank you for sharing!!!
  • Tangy1966
    Options
    Looks like a great recipe...thank you for sharing!!!
  • Tangy1966
    Options
    Just made the above "egg muffins" and they ARE delcious...
  • tiktacsr
    Options
    Bump
  • marquesajen
    Options
    I sometimes make mini frittatas in muffin tins. Eggs, milk, spinach or kale, some grated cheese, onions, mushrooms and bake. You can probably find better instructions online, but they're great in the morning. I just microwave one and then run out the door!
  • SuccessThisTime
    SuccessThisTime Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    For any of you out there that are vegan...I make green smoothies the night before with fruit of your choice, maybe a small banana for texture and lots of greens, i.e. kale, chard, spinach, etc. Whirl it all up in the vita mix, put it in a to-go container and then take it to work in the morning. It's satistying, easily digestible and very healthy. You can adjust the calories based on the fruit you choose. You can also throw in any other healthy additives, such as flax, etc.
  • stacywx2
    Options
    bump!
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Orowheat Mini Rounds & Old Folks Turkey sausage patties. Cook the sausage for the entire week & make up the sandwiches & put them in ziplocs. In the morning, stick it on a plate & zap to desired heat. Add some mustard or jelly & hit the door! 210 cals for 2 WHOLE sandwiches!! Super low on sodium too!! and 21g of protein!

oldfolks.jpg
    oroweat_minis_337w.jpg
  • ezBrizy
    ezBrizy Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    There are some great Ideas here...I usually have the same issue.

My staples are...

A hard boiled egg with some fresh fruit and a cup of cherrios (various flavors). I can boil the eggs ahead of time and I portion out the cereal into baggies.

Fage greek yogurt w/ cereal or granola

Really in a rush: Naked juice smoothie, 1 srvg (usually Blue or Green Machine) and an egg or cereal.
  • creyn10
    Options
    bump
  • naturallynikki
    Options
    I pop a Thomas' Whole Grain English muffin into the toaster, smear 1/2 tablespoon of creamy natural peanut butter on each slice, and pour myself a cup of Lite Vanilla soymilk and head out the door. Easy, filling, and low cal. This meal is under 300 calories...I think something like 265 to be exact.
  • holmesc8
    holmesc8 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Do you know what the calorie and fat content is for that?
  • kymschoenfeld
    Options
    I am a big fan of protein bars and have one every morning. I was super skeptical at first because I was afraid it would taste like twigs, but the chocolate peanut butter bar from Aldi turned me onto bars (it litterally tastes like a Reeses). Now I am into the Zone Perfect bars becaues there is a pretty good variety and am amazed at how filling (and how long I am full for) especially since they taste great!
  • mariacolumbus
    mariacolumbus Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I make these for work, but if you take just a general cake mix (preferably spice), mix in 1 cup of pineapple tidbits, 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, 1/4 cup raisins and 1/4 cup shredded carrots and add 2 cups of dry powdered milk to the dry mix, add the water and bake, you come up with a dense breakfast bar that not only is a grab and go item, but has one serving of fruit & vegetables in in, along with the nutritional value of one 8 oz serving of milk.

Our guys love it, (and I serve it to about 4000 people every morning).

Change out adding coconut, chocolate chips, M&M's and other goodies for a sweetness and crunch change.

Good Luck on your goals.
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I also made the egg muffins recently, LOVE them!
  • mgrottkaugarcia
    Options
    I have the same issue as you, and used to skip breakfast because I wouldn't be hungry, and I wouldn't have time. Then I started grabbing protein shakes. I realized that unless I had protein in the morning, I would snack constantly through lunchtime, seriously upping my caloric intake. What I do now, is I blend my own protein shakes at home the night before, and they hold me through til lunch (most of the time).

3/4 cup of frozen mixed fruit
    2 cups of spinach (don't worry, it doesn't make the shake taste like spinach)
    2 scoops of Arbonne Vanilla Protein Powder mix
    1 cup of water

Additional options:
    2 tsp of Paleogreens
    1 tbsp of fiber powder
  • ValerieMcGaha
    ValerieMcGaha Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    How much water do you put in the breakfast bar recipe? Any idea what the total calories are?