Grab and Go Breakfasts???

Options

Replies

• kittybitz79
    Options
    I also was not a huge breakfast eater but I am now doing it.
    I make myself a fruit/veggie(1 cup v8 fusion, 1/2 c frozen fruit) shake and grab one of the following with it
    1) humus and a few rice crackers
    2) peanut butter and apples
    3) Hard boiled egg
  • helcat
    Options
    I have a weakness for all things Pumpkin :-) Here is my take on Pumpkin Cappucino:

2 tbsp canned pumpkin
    1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    1 scoop syntha-6 cookies and cream

Blend (do this the night before if you want - I like my coffee really hot, so I zap this for a few secs to warm it up), then add coffee & cinnamon to taste. I used to be hooked on the 7-11 version, but now I think I like mine better!
    (18 carb, 10 fat, 24 protein - I add a small piece of fruit to make it "zone" ish)
  • Blondie007wi
    Blondie007wi Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    2 minute Egg beater sandwich:

1/4 c. egg beaters fried in a nonstick pan with cooking spray for 1 minute. Place 1 slice of fat free american cheese on a sandwich thin bottom and put the hot egg beaters on top of the cheese. Warm 1 slice of deli ham in the frypan 1 minute and put on top of the egg egg beaters. Put the top of the sandwich thin on. 21 gms protein, 190 calories:drinker:
  • btworthen
    btworthen Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    bump
  • krisotis
    krisotis Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    i make these ahead of time and just warm in the microwave as needed for a quick breakfast

pigs n a blanket and side of yogurt

1 can great value homestyle biscuits (50 calories per biscuit)
    20 Turkey Little Smokies (5 smokies for 80 calories)
    cut each biscuit in half &wrap it around a little smokie
    makes about 20 little piggies serves 4 people 5 smokies each total of 205 calories

add an Activia yogurt for 70 calories

breakfast under 300 calories :)
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    To everyone this may sound a bit weird but it is AMAZING!!!!!
    1/2 C oats
    1 T mini chocolate chips
    1 T shredded coconut
    1 T Peanut Butter

Put all that.....except PB into a small container like a 1 C tupperwear one ahead of time. Pull out of cupboard put hot water into it, mix it and then put the lid back on and let steep. After about 4-5 min (as your getting ready or driving to work) put the PB in and mix well.

I love it!!! I eat it almost daily.

Yum! I would eat that for a sweet snack for sure!!
  • santafeegret
    santafeegret Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Tmsbbgrl
    Options
    bump
  • Tmsbbgrl
    Options
    Folks c’mon. It takes maybe 15 minutes total to scramble some eggs and eat them. Then grab a bag of almonds on your way out the door for the car ride to work. Making excuses doesn’t get the job done. All I’m seeing is excuses in this thread. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day if you plan on losing weight. Period.

I personally get up at 4 every morning and I am not spending 15-20mins making breakfast...
  • JmeJinxx
    JmeJinxx Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Fruity greek yogurt + bob's red mill granola sprinkled on top. Very filling and quick!
  • orangy1124
    Options
    I don't have any ideas but I have a wonderful website for you to try. The recipes are great and filling. www.skinnytaste.com
    You can always make meals ahead and freeze for on the go. I believe I just saw a mini loaf recipe on there. Ginny is good at getting back to you so if you email her something you would like to try or a recipes she prepares it in her home the healthy way and will post the results for all to share. :smile:
  • houstonmacbro
    houstonmacbro Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Once or twice a week I make steel cut oat(meal) and place it in 1 cup containers. Let it cool, put in refrigerator and you literally have breakfast for pennies all week.
  • houstonmacbro
    houstonmacbro Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I like all of those ingredients, so just might try it!
  • HoopoeBird
    HoopoeBird Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Protein bar and a piece of fruit, like an apple or a banana. That's my breakfast almost every morning as I walk to class!
  • kiwinik
    kiwinik Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    bump
  • stacielow
    stacielow Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    bump
  • hunnyspice
    hunnyspice Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    These are all great ideas. Gonna try some of these soon!:smile:
  • ltruscott
    ltruscott Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am gonna have to try these. :smile:
  • leeann79
    Options
    got to be belvita bars, (not the yoghurty ones) 4 biscuits for 224 biscuits and they are slow releasing so last me to past lunch time