Grab and Go Breakfasts???

Options

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Hardboiled eggs are my go-to breakfast on the run. Nice balance of protein, fat, and tiny bit of carbs.
  • WBSJR
    WBSJR Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    bump :drinker:
  • SamMorBelsmom
    SamMorBelsmom Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Sunday night, hard boil a weeks worth of eggs or what ever. Peel them and put them in the fidge. Each egg is about 70 calories. eat with a yogurt or toast. I like to nuke turkey sausage with it!!
  • andforpoise
    Options
    This article from Runner's World has a couple ideas you can prepare the night before... or minutes before you go out the door:

http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-242-300--14077-0,00.html

There's only two options for breakfast, the rest are snacks and lunches... Might be something good!
  • emmalene1984
    emmalene1984 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    it takes minutes to eat breakfast, especially if you prepare it the night before, i never used to have breakfast either, coz i would rather be in bed for 5 extra minutes, but if you get your low sugar cereal ready the night before all you have to do is pour some milk in and eat, takes 2mins or if you want something hot, oatso simple hot oat sachets are great, just follow the instructions and instead of waiting around the two mins its in the microwave, have your shower/ get dressed/ dry hair/ apply make up whatever whilst its cook and then (if you are like me) coooling down enough to be able to eat, eat it, brush teeth and off you go. or at least grab a piece of fruit to eat on your way, an apple, banana, clementines, anything (i don't have this luxury as i am alergic to most raw fruits although i do take clementines to university to eat as a snack in lectures, much better than the crisps and chocolate bars i used to snack on! )
  • amysmartin
    amysmartin Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I love the egg muffin ideas, I may have to try that.

I tend to just have 2 peices of toast with jelly on one and nutella or PB on the other. Or an english muffin sandwich with 1 egg and slice of Veggie Slices fake cheese. If I do a workout in the AM I'll add a protein shake or fat free milk disguised as a latte. ;-)

I prefer big breakfasts, I feel better and aren't as hungry throughout the day if I load my calories early.
  • pg1girl
    pg1girl Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Here's a smoothie recipe that could work for you:

Ingredients:

2 whole Bananas (best with brown flecks on peel)
    2 cups Ice
    1/3 cup Yogurt - preferably Greek yogurt flavored with honey
    1/2 cup Cooked oatmeal
    1/3 cup Almonds

Instructions for:
    Quick Banana Oatmeal Smoothie Recipe

Pour all ingredients in blender pouring ice in last. Blend on high for 30 seconds or until smoothie thickens.

Nutrition Information Per Serving:

Calories 380; Total Fat 15 g (Sat 2 g, Trans 0 g, Poly 4 g, Mono 8 g); Cholesterol 5 mg; Sodium 35 mg; Potassium 690 mg; Total Carbohydrates 53 g; Dietary Fiber 9 g; Total Sugars 19 g; Protein 12 g. Percent Daily Value: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin B6 25%; Vitamin C 20%; Vitamin D 0%; Calcium 15%, Iron 15%.
  • memcd911
    memcd911 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Blue Cheese Egg Cups

1/8 Cup Crumbled Blue Cheese

1 TBSP Bacon

4 TBSP Egg Whites

Put bacon and blue cheese in a muffin pan.

Add egg whites. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes.

Makes 1 Muffin, if you make extras refrigerate them and heat up later

108 Calories 2 Carbs 6 Fat 460 Sodium 12 Protien 1 Fiber

Mexi-Egg Cups

1/8 Cup Pico de Gallo

1/8 Cup Shredded Colby Jack Cheese

4 TBSP Egg Whites

Put Pico de Gallo and cheese in a muffin pan. Add egg whites. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes.

96 Calories 5 Carbs 4 Fat 188 Sodium 11 Protien 1 Fiber

Mediterranean Egg Cups

1/8 Cup Chopped frozen Spinach (thawed)

1 TBSP Crumbled Feta

1 tsp Chopped sun Dried Tomatoes

4 TBSP Egg Whites

Put Spinach, feta, and sun dried tomatoes in a muffin pan. Add egg whites. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes.

83 Calories 6 Carbs 3 Fat 302 Sodium 12 Protien 2 Fiber

LOVE this idea. Little baby frittatas!!
  • krkoch1983
    krkoch1983 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bethanylaugh
    Options
    luna bars!
  • analubobadilla
    analubobadilla Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • templeofgod
    Options
    Make sure you avoid as many processed grab and go breakfast foods as possible. If your goal is to live a healthy lifestyle while losing weight then try making your own food ahead of time. Dont' just pay attention to the calories but rather where the calories are coming from. Most of the prepackaged breakfast options on the market have so many preservatives that are horrible for your health. Try making oatmeal muffins, smoothies, breakfast burritios, protein bars or other yummy treats for the week. This makes it easy to stay healthy, be active and lose weight.
  • 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I love Luna bars, They run about 170 calories and I usually pair with a glass of skim milk.
  • dizzyblondegirlie
    Options
    banana every week day. Weekends I usually have a 'breakfast quesadilla'

Recipe name

Ingredients Calories Carbs Fat Protein
    Tesco - Red Pepper, 20 g 5 1 0 0
    Tesco - British Closed Cup Mushrooms, 30 g 5 0 0 1
    Co-Operative - British Red Leicester Cheese, 10 g 40 0 3 2
    Weightwatchers - Wrap, 1 wrap 106 21 0 3
    Add Ingredient
    Total: 156 22 3 6
    Per Serving: 156 22 3 6
  • KatiePanda25
    Options
    Slice a banana long wise in half, spread 1-2 tbs ( I usually do 1 b/c I'm not a big pb fan) on each half, then use half a container of yoplait boston creme pie yogurt putting it on the banana, sprinkle with granola or grape nuts..but again..I love granola to much so I try not to keep it in the house and go for the grape nuts,lol.
  • dimoul
    dimoul Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    my work oatmeal recipe:
    1/2 cup of quick 1-minute Quaker oatmeal - 150 cal
    hot water from water cooler's red handle - 0 cal (you could also use a microwave or maybe hot water from a coffee pot).
    artificial sweetener - 0 cal
    either cinnamon, maple flavoring, cocoa, french vanilla coffee creamer (or any kind) - minimal cals (20-50)

let it sit for a few minutes. that's it.
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    This isn't really a Grab & Go, but I do Eggs in a Mug here at work. Yum.
    Going to try some of your suggestions though for sure! Yum!
  • henriettalady
    Options
    This sounds good for the whole family. How much water and how long do you cook it?
  • tonyacoursey
    tonyacoursey Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I made a version of the "egg muffins or cups" yesterday for breakfast all this week. Just left them in the individual silicon cups, placed in ziploc bag and grabbed as I was heading out the door. 30 seconds in the microwave and they were delish!