Replies

• bricchip
    bricchip Posts: 2
    Options
    Is this cooked oatmeal?
  • monicaroozo
    monicaroozo Posts: 200
    Options
    To everyone this may sound a bit weird but it is AMAZING!!!!!
    1/2 C oats
    1 T mini chocolate chips
    1 T shredded coconut
    1 T Peanut Butter

Put all that.....except PB into a small container like a 1 C tupperwear one ahead of time. Pull out of cupboard put hot water into it, mix it and then put the lid back on and let steep. After about 4-5 min (as your getting ready or driving to work) put the PB in and mix well.

I love it!!! I eat it almost daily.

bump... this sounds yummy
  • MaryRg68
    MaryRg68 Posts: 1
    Options
    How much water do you use in the breakfast bars please? they sound yummy. thanks
  • joseejolie
    joseejolie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    This sounds so delicious
  • MaritimeGirl1986
    MaritimeGirl1986 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Single Serve Muffin - about 215 calories

3 tablespoons ground flax seed
    1 egg
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

You put it all in a mug, beat it until it is all mixed and then microwave for 1 minute.
    Dump it out of the mug, cut it in half and put on some butter, jam or peanut butter.

These are great. I eat one every morning at about 6:30am and it keeps me full until I have my snack at 10:00am.
  • joseejolie
    joseejolie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    This sounds so delicious
  • kristinlien04
    kristinlien04 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    There are some great ideas here that I'm definitely going to have to try! Thanks everyone for sharing!
  • amberiam
    amberiam Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • steadk
    steadk Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    if you make them ahead of time, you could make your own breakfast burritos and freeze them, that way you only have to warm them up for a min or two in the microwave. i'd do bacon bits, scrambled egg, low fat cheese and maybe some spinach or something in a low cal/low carb tortilla.... got me wanting one now lol
  • MustBeTheRows
    MustBeTheRows Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    No breakfast for me. Thanks.
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Bump...I'm loving the "egg muffin" recipes!!!
  • Time4tee
    Time4tee Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    To everyone this may sound a bit weird but it is AMAZING!!!!!
    1/2 C oats
    1 T mini chocolate chips
    1 T shredded coconut
    1 T Peanut Butter

Put all that.....except PB into a small container like a 1 C tupperwear one ahead of time. Pull out of cupboard put hot water into it, mix it and then put the lid back on and let steep. After about 4-5 min (as your getting ready or driving to work) put the PB in and mix well.

I love it!!! I eat it almost daily.

bump... this sounds yummy
    I can see getting addicted to this. He had me at Chocolate for breakfast. lol
  • k2charmed4u
    k2charmed4u Posts: 282
    Options
    Belvita breakfast biscuits. Taste great and with a portion of fruit and yoghurt stop me from snacking until lunchtime and they come in loads of flavours and taste goooooooooooood! :happy:

EDIT: oh yeah and low cals :happy: BONUS :happy:
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    yogurt and fresh fruit
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Some great ideas here!
  • MrsJaimeW
    MrsJaimeW Posts: 54
    Options
    Bump for later.. these are great ideas
  • ValRAAAAY
    ValRAAAAY Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Spice Cake Mix
    1 15 oz can of Pumpkin

Mix it up--it'll take a while to incorporate as there are no additional ingredients (water, eggs, milk, oil, etc....) spoon into a muffin tin sprayed lightly with non-stick cooking spray, bake at 350 for about 15-20 minutes (do the toothpick test to make sure) and you have the BEST pumpkin muffins EVER.

Walnuts are really good in them, too, and you can top them with cream cheese frosting if you want (kills the calorie count, but hey...can deprive yourself all the time!!!)
  • DonnaMclachlan
    Options
    I am a breakfast on the go person too by the time ive got myself and the kids ready its time to go!!

I tend to always have 3 pieces of fruit on the way to work a banana, apple and a satsuma. that way i dont starve till lunch and thats 3 portions of fruit/veg for the day already started :smile:

also i find them belvita breakfast biscuits are good and they do fill you up till lunch 56 cal per biscuit.

donna
  • Yisaak
    Yisaak Posts: 7
    Options
    overnight oatmeal, lots of recipes on internet, love the maple blueberry, I use 1 tbsp chia seeds to make it nice & thick.

1/4 cup 9 grain cereal ( I find you get a real nutty flavor using the 9 grain cereal original recipe called for oatmeal)
    1/3 cup milk
    1/4 cup greek yogurt
    1 1/2 tsp chia seeds (original recipe)
    2 tsp maple syrup
    blueberries to fill a one cup mason jar or similar container

Mix all tog and put in fridge overnight, good for a few days.

Yumm
  • mtalton
    mtalton Posts: 2
    Options
    OMG!! all my favorite things in a breakfast meal!! thanks so much!!:happy: