Grab and Go Breakfasts???

Options

Replies

• profgal43
    profgal43 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    When I don't have time to make a protein smoothie, I like LaraBars...all natural, lots of protein and they are all fruit and nut.
  • ssteinbring677
    ssteinbring677 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    what does BUMP mean?

if you find out, let me know!
  • Valera0466
    Valera0466 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Valera0466
    Valera0466 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    what does BUMP mean?

if you find out, let me know!

For me it means "I don't have time to read this right now but it's interesting so I want to load it in my Topics"
  • Sheenamarie1221
    Options
    Sounds good! I'm gonna try that sometime, thanks :)
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    i make these and freeze them in freezer bags 2 in each. takes only a minute to nuke them and away you go!

1 onion
    1 green pepper
    4 cloves garlic
    1TBSP olive oil
    1 cup frozen or fresh spinach
    12 eggs
    1 cup fat reduced mozzarella cheese
    3 TBSP bacon bits

Chop garlic and saute in oil. In the meantime chop the spinach, onion and green pepper. When garlic starts to turn light brown add green pepper, onion and spinach. Cook til spinach is done. Set aside to cool.
    In seperate bowl, whip eggs, cheese and bacon bits. when veggies cooled add them to this.
    Mix together. Spoon into muffin tins sprayed with cooking spray.
    Bake approx 20 mins in 350F preheated oven
    Makes 18

Per serving
    103 cals
    2g carbs
    7g fat
    9g protein

That sounds so good!
  • Sheenamarie1221
    Options
    Lol it's keep this topic on top, so it doesn't get lost in mix.
  • dot1212
    dot1212 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Definitely trying.
  • bratleen
    bratleen Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I keep all natural peanut butter, polaner all fruit, and 100 calorie sandwich rounds in my office fridge and lean pockets in the freezer. This way if I'm rushed it's there.
  • yentess
    yentess Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I make these for work, but if you take just a general cake mix (preferably spice), mix in 1 cup of pineapple tidbits, 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, 1/4 cup raisins and 1/4 cup shredded carrots and add 2 cups of dry powdered milk to the dry mix, add the water and bake, you come up with a dense breakfast bar that not only is a grab and go item, but has one serving of fruit & vegetables in in, along with the nutritional value of one 8 oz serving of milk.

Our guys love it, (and I serve it to about 4000 people every morning).

Change out adding coconut, chocolate chips, M&M's and other goodies for a sweetness and crunch change.

Good Luck on your goals.

Sounds delish!
  • joanie152
    joanie152 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Bump. What a great question
  • NewChristina
    NewChristina Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Not the best answer, but truly grab-n-go: Ensure, high protein.
  • BrandiD56
    BrandiD56 Posts: 103
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas.
  • RockKelly
    RockKelly Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I never have time for breakfast because I have so much to get done in the morning before work so, I drink an Atkins low carb shake on my way to work or even at my desk first thing. They are filling and delicious and are even low carb. They are 160 calories, have 15g of protien and have 1g of sugar. The Dark Chocolate is my favorite. Quick, Easy and Nutritious!

This is me too. I use the EAS Advantage Low Carb, 17gm of protein and 110 cal..Dark Chocolate :0)
  • kikiboniki
    kikiboniki Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    my go to breakfast, that I eat seriously EVERY day is:
    greek yogurt, fruit (usually a banana or raisins), and something bready but low cal- whole wheat english muffin or bagel thin. I get my protein, carbs, and fruit. super easy and yum.
  • Tender78
    Tender78 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    To everyone this may sound a bit weird but it is AMAZING!!!!!
    1/2 C oats
    1 T mini chocolate chips
    1 T shredded coconut
    1 T Peanut Butter

Put all that.....except PB into a small container like a 1 C tupperwear one ahead of time. Pull out of cupboard put hot water into it, mix it and then put the lid back on and let steep. After about 4-5 min (as your getting ready or driving to work) put the PB in and mix well.

I love it!!! I eat it almost daily.

I think this sounds delicious, will definately have to try it. Reg oats or instant?
  • chellebelle315
    Options
    To everyone this may sound a bit weird but it is AMAZING!!!!!
    1/2 C oats
    1 T mini chocolate chips
    1 T shredded coconut
    1 T Peanut Butter

Put all that.....except PB into a small container like a 1 C tupperware one ahead of time. Pull out of cupboard put hot water into it, mix it and then put the lid back on and let steep. After about 4-5 min (as your getting ready or driving to work) put the PB in and mix well.

This. I use quick cook oats, but you don't have to. Regular rolled oats works. 1/2 cup oatmeal, raisins, walnuts, fresh (or frozen fruit)....I zap the water pour it over the oatmeal and let it sit while I finish gathering up stuff for the day. if I'm looking for extra protein I put a big spoonful of plain greek yogurt and a drizzle of honey on top.
  • iqnas
    iqnas Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Clif Bars
  • 2youngatheart
    2youngatheart Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    bump
  • buderfwy
    buderfwy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I swear by protein shakes. Seriously. It will keep you full for several hours, and has good fats, and proteins to keep your body going. I am pretty fond of shakeology, which is expensive, but when you break it down, it is 4 dollars a day, so I tried it. It has all the veggies you need in a day in it, as well, so that is an added bonus. I keep reading diet plans, and they all say like a cup of vegetables at every meal... I do not know about you, but I have never in my entire life, eaten a cup of vegetables at breakfast, nor do I intend to start. Cheers!