T.H.E. (Trying Hard Everyday) Team~ Week 8~ March 27- April

Options
T.H.E. Team- Week 8- March 27- April 2
itsfriday.jpg

The tragedy in life doesn't lie in not reaching your goal quickly. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach ~ Benjamin Mays

First time seeing this thread? Everyone is welcome to join in at any time. There will be a new thread each Friday In the “Motivation and Support” tab/category. Friday is check in day so feel free to share your results from the week. This can be inches lost or pounds, depending on how you track your progress. Several of our members use both, while some stick to using just the scale or tape measure.

workshop-drink-water.jpg
So I am renewing the “drink ½ your weight in water” challenge to myself and throwing it out there for the new members to join in if they so desire. Here’s a review of some of the tips that were shared by our fellow water chuggers: Drink 24oz first thing in the AM then drink the remainder of your water goal throughout the day. Add slices of lemon, lime, or orange for flavor in some of your water if you are bored with it plain. A splash of juice or a sprinkle of iced tea powder works great too. Carry a bottle or cup w/ a straw with you all day and refill it as soon as it is emptied so you always have it ready to drink. The bigger the bottle, the less refills. What are the benefits of drinking your water? Healthy hair, healthy skin, feel ing fuller longer, less thirsty, plus so much more. Jump on the water train and keep chuggin along!

Also, Id like to challenge you all to do something special for yourself this week. It can be big or small but each of you deserve to reward yourselves for the hard work you have put forth to reach your goals. Maybe get a massage, buy a book or some new clothes, a manicure or whatever just makes you happy. It doesn’t have to be a spendy reward, Just keep your reward non food related and if you want to share what you did for yourself on the thread, please do!

Have a wonderful week everyone!

Replies

• LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    T.H.E. Team- Week 8- March 27- April 2
    itsfriday.jpg

The tragedy in life doesn't lie in not reaching your goal quickly. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach ~ Benjamin Mays

First time seeing this thread? Everyone is welcome to join in at any time. There will be a new thread each Friday In the “Motivation and Support” tab/category. Friday is check in day so feel free to share your results from the week. This can be inches lost or pounds, depending on how you track your progress. Several of our members use both, while some stick to using just the scale or tape measure.

workshop-drink-water.jpg
    So I am renewing the “drink ½ your weight in water” challenge to myself and throwing it out there for the new members to join in if they so desire. Here’s a review of some of the tips that were shared by our fellow water chuggers: Drink 24oz first thing in the AM then drink the remainder of your water goal throughout the day. Add slices of lemon, lime, or orange for flavor in some of your water if you are bored with it plain. A splash of juice or a sprinkle of iced tea powder works great too. Carry a bottle or cup w/ a straw with you all day and refill it as soon as it is emptied so you always have it ready to drink. The bigger the bottle, the less refills. What are the benefits of drinking your water? Healthy hair, healthy skin, feel ing fuller longer, less thirsty, plus so much more. Jump on the water train and keep chuggin along!

Also, Id like to challenge you all to do something special for yourself this week. It can be big or small but each of you deserve to reward yourselves for the hard work you have put forth to reach your goals. Maybe get a massage, buy a book or some new clothes, a manicure or whatever just makes you happy. It doesn’t have to be a spendy reward, Just keep your reward non food related and if you want to share what you did for yourself on the thread, please do!

Have a wonderful week everyone!
  • chantybear
    chantybear Posts: 343
    Options
    Nice intro Li4g:smile: , keep up the good work!
  • indianagranny
    Options
    Nice introduction. I would like to join T.H.E. Team.

Sine joining MFP on March 3rd, I have lost 11.5 pounds . I weighed 198.5 Wednesday but am bouncing between that and 199.5 now - it is TOM time. I have exercised 4 out of the 5 day and stay within my 1600 calories on my exercise days. I had a bad day yesterday - took a day off to catch up on my rest and went over on my calories by almost 200. Back on track today.

I will try the water challenge. I love water but I have days where it is hard for me to get down. Along with the challenge of doing something nice for yourself, I challenge people to send a personal note of encouragement to one of their friends on here. I love reading the boards and they are sooooooooo helpful but have gotten a couple notes of encouragement which were really nice too.
  • tayner
    tayner Posts: 372
    Options
    I am not part of any groups on here, but I have designated friday to be my weigh in day. I lost 3.5 pounds this week, 7.5 total in the first 14 days.
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I am not part of any groups on here, but I have designated friday to be my weigh in day. I lost 3.5 pounds this week, 7.5 total in the first 14 days.

How awesome! Way to go! :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • get_fit2009
    Options
    G'morning! I am up a pound this week, but I am ok with that, and I refuse to change my ticker! :laugh:

Get_Fit SW 175/cw 165/ GW 140 - +1 pound :ohwell:

Ok, the water thing - I drink a lot of water, but then there are SIDE EFFECTS and my boss wonders what my problem is when I have to go by her office a gazillion times on my way to the bathroom!!!

Happy Friday all! I am sooo looking forward to the weekend! On Sunday a big group of friends are taking our families bowling and then to "Lunner" since we'll probably be eating between lunch and dinner. I am a terrible bowler, but I enjoy it anyway. Now, to just get through one more work day!!!!!
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I've had a really rough week. I haven't lost hardly anything because I've been going over on my calories (not too bad, but putting me closer to maintenance than losing) and I've been really down. Hubby is working too many hours still (we're talking 70-80 here) and it's just getting to me. So whine whimper and eat eat eat. Oh yeah and aunt flo just came for a visit... i really hate her....

What's funny is I had a lot of those "100 calorie packs" of stuff rather than real food and it's the first time my sodium wasn't waaaaayyyy over... guess i have to live on junk food to keep my sodium within reach!

Get_Fit SW 175/cw 165/ GW 140 - +1 pound
    tayner - 3.5
    Adopt4 - .2 pounds
  • chantybear
    chantybear Posts: 343
    Options
    Morning everyone!

Getfit - Haven't seen you very much, how's life? That pound wasn't anything, you are still doing great!!!

Welcome tayner, and indiana.
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    Good morning Team, welcome new Team members.. I will be posting my states in a few leaving for my dads so that I can weigh in... can't have that scale to close LOL hint hint Kristi LOL :laugh:

Sheila
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Welcome to the group Indiana & Tayner! Glad you could join us!!!
    Keep up the great work you 2 and if ya need any help or have questions, let us know :happy:

Well If I had a tail I would totally look like that crockadile. I weighed in at 216.5 this morning, which means Ive lost 3.5 pounds since last week. Im sure some of that was water and that I lost more than 1lb last week, but it finally all slid off and is where it should be... gone!. I also did my measurements since its been a month and Ive lost 2" off my hips and 2" off each thigh. I knew my legs were starting to firm up alot cuz my pants are all baggy in the back of my thigh and butt. I wish I could say the same in the waist. I've lost 1/2" there. Im gonna have to become the crunch queen this next month and see if I can get rid of it!!!

get fit, I wouldnt change the ticker either the other direction. I did that one time and its no fun. I refuse to do it again if I gain. :glasses:
  • healthymom2009
    Options
    tayner - 3.5
    Adopt4 - .2 pounds
    healthymom SW/GW/CW 208/150/192 -2 lbs

I lost 9 lbs in Feb. but March has been tough. I hope to stay on track for calories this weekend and let the exercise pay off.

Question: I have 300 calories left after supper(5:30pm) but can't eat again until 9:00pm. Is that too late? I go to bed around 10:30. I don't feel hungry in the evening either. any suggestions?
  • get_fit2009
    Options
    Morning everyone!

Getfit - Haven't seen you very much, how's life? That pound wasn't anything, you are still doing great!!!

Welcome tayner, and indiana.

Hi! I am doing well, but really busy with work still. I miss everyone! I figure as long as I don't go up any MORE I will be ok. Saturday I have time to hang out for a couple of classes at the gym, so that ought to bring that pound back down.

Welcome to all the new folks! See? I gotta log in more, I get too far behind on greeting new people!!!
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    tayner - 3.5
    Adopt4 - .2 pounds
    healthymom SW/GW/CW 208/150/192 -2 lbs

I lost 9 lbs in Feb. but March has been tough. I hope to stay on track for calories this weekend and let the exercise pay off.

Question: I have 300 calories left after supper(5:30pm) but can't eat again until 9:00pm. Is that too late? I go to bed around 10:30. I don't feel hungry in the evening either. any suggestions?

I, myself, wouldnt eat that late and usually Im not hungry either. I usually just have my choc milk.. 2 cups of 1% w/ 2 tblsp of sugar free nesquick. Its about 270 calories, but satisfys my sweet tooth and any cravings for late munchies. Im pretty much the same way.. eat dinner around 5:30-6 and in bed at 10:30ish.
  • DWray44
    DWray44 Posts: 76
    Options
    Welcome new members! you're going to absolutely LOVE this group :heart:

I didn't weigh this morning, since I weighed yesterday, but I'm very happy about my 5 pounds :bigsmile:

Also, for any of you who saw my chicken recipe I posted yesterday, you really should try it! I made it last night for dinner, and it was fantastic! The sauce didn't thicken as much as I would have liked, but still, it was super easy and really good.

It's FRIDAY!!! Is anyone as excited about this as I am???:drinker:
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    well everyone will be happy to know that I have lost another 5 pounds yippie only 3 more pounds and we all can do that under 300 dance!!! so plan on Next Friday!!! wooo hooo the day I start moving into my new house!!! I am so excited....

well here are my stats SW 317/ GW 150 / CW 303 / lose 5 pounds : -}

well team keep up the great work and welcome to all the new team members..

look at my little ticker going !!! LOL

Sheila
  • jamielbeck
    jamielbeck Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'd like to join T.H.E. Team. Sheila referred me. :happy:
  • get_fit2009
    Options
    well everyone will be happy to know that I have lost another 5 pounds yippie only 3 more pounds and we all can do that under 300 dance!!! so plan on Next Friday!!! wooo hooo the day I start moving into my new house!!! I am so excited....

well here are my stats SW 317/ GW 150 / CW 303 / lose 5 pounds : -}

well team keep up the great work and welcome to all the new team members..

look at my little ticker going !!! LOL

Sheila

Way to go!!!!! I will practice my dance so it is ready by next Friday for you!:flowerforyou:
  • get_fit2009
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'd like to join T.H.E. Team. Sheila referred me. :happy:

Welcome! This is a great, supportive, happy group!!!
  • jamielbeck
    Options
    Opps! :blushing:
    I forgot my stats!

SW 195/CW 190/GW 155 - 5lbs lost! :drinker:

I'm really excited! I was worried about weighing in and that it would discourage me. I started 2 weeks ago and today was the first day I weighed myself.

Hope everyone is having a great day and I look forward to getting to chat with everyone! :smile:
  • jamielbeck
    Options
    Do you guys round up your stats or do decimals? Just curious.

I love the water challenge! I drink about 100 oz of water a say if not more. When I first started drinking that much I found it easiest to get up in the more and drink a bottle of really cold water. Someone told me that the cold water makes you burn calories to warm your body up. Not sure if there is any research behind that but it was enough to convince me to start doing it! Now on days I don't drink enough water I feel really tired or I get headaches so I guess my body is used to it! :wink: