T.H.E. (Trying Hard Everyday) Team~ Week 8~ March 27- April

Options

Replies

• chantybear
    chantybear Posts: 343
    Options
    Smontoya - Thanks hun:smile: Yeah well...my prof was like 'you at least passed'...I try to get more then a pass :laugh: ...a lot of people in my class were confused at the exam...even though it was opened book. Our prof is great, but confuses the **** out of us with notes! Hope you do well on your exams/papers/what ever!! Ohh.. I love your new pic, my aunt has 3 of them, and they are so cute (though extremely annoyingly vocal) Good job on the 3 miles, my bf hadn't ran in a while and I got him to go with me on a 4 mile yesterday...and we think he pulled his butt muscle :laugh: funny but painful for him!

Anita - Thanks! I got some platinum blonde put in, and love it! Does she say no, because of the damage it will cause...or no because she does not think it would look good?
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Smontoya - Thanks hun:smile: Yeah well...my prof was like 'you at least passed'...I try to get more then a pass :laugh: ...a lot of people in my class were confused at the exam...even though it was opened book. Our prof is great, but confuses the **** out of us with notes! Hope you do well on your exams/papers/what ever!! Ohh.. I love your new pic, my aunt has 3 of them, and they are so cute (though extremely annoyingly vocal) Good job on the 3 miles, my bf hadn't ran in a while and I got him to go with me on a 4 mile yesterday...and we think he pulled his butt muscle :laugh: funny but painful for him!

Anita - Thanks! I got some platinum blonde put in, and love it! Does she say no, because of the damage it will cause...or no because she does not think it would look good?

She said she is going as light as she can with the bleach.. As I've gotten older my hair seems to get darker.. Oh well once I get tanned this summer it will look lighter.. I just look so pasty right now.. But I do love your color...
  • nitag
    Options
    Adopt4 - Love the new do!

Li4G - You did a great job on A4's hair..and yay for the smaller size..I can't wait to go get some girly shirts too!

Chantybear - Love the new do and you look fantastic with or w/o make-up! Good luck on the midterm, I'm in the same boat.

Swignal - Hope you feel better, what did you have at Taco Bell? I don't eat there much but they added a new fresca menu which I heard is pretty darn good.

Thanks StillKristi!

I just came back from a quick 3 mile run with the hubby...I'm hungry but I'm just gonna drink lots of water cuz I'm only 2 hours away from bedtime...I can't remember where I saw this but all I'm thinking right now is ~ "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"....did I see that on our board..somewhere on MFP..can't be sure.

Good night everyone!

It took me forever to figure out your picture lol.. My eyes are bad.. I thought it was a muskrat at first..
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    yes Chantybear nice color.. mine is brown but I like to put highlights and low lights in mine so it has blond and red.. but the girl who did it last time I wasnt really happy you could barley tell so yeah I prob wont go back to her but she has done mine in the past and she did a great job... I figure if I am paying almost 100 dollars It better be the way I want it.... well I was so not happy the last time but I am not one to complain cuz then I could be bald the next time I go in... if you know what I mean....

I must say that I hate packing... I cant wait to be done with this crap..... Looking forward for the weekend to be over..

hey today when I went to the gym I only did the water areobics for an hour but I had stoped twice to use the potty so when I documented my excersice I only loged in 30 minutes... I feel like I cheeted my self today even though I wasnt feeling at my best....

I hope to get to the gym tomorrow with all my packing and stuff... cuz I have been tanning on Tues Thurs Saturday... and tomorrow is my tanning day!!!! I just hope I am feeling better ... I should get up early and go to the gym so then I have all day to pack pack pack even though I feel like crap...: - {

oh yeah I added a new picture of me from this past weekend so if you want to check the new photo out you can see the difference in my face already!!!

sheila
  • jamielbeck
    jamielbeck Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Ok everyone just a quick check in. My husband says my treadmill is fixed so I am going to go in and check that out.. If I live I will be back later..

Chanty I love your blonde color.. I want to go blonde like that but my hair lady keeps saying no no no..

Jamie do you like kickboxing? I tried it a couple of times but I think I need to lose some more lbs.. I can't stand that jiggle lol..

Everyone else have a fab monday night..

Anita

Anita I love kickboxing! I do a weight training class and thought I wanted to find a cardio class I liked. I've tried step but I always feel lost in the class. This was my 3rd kickboxing class, I am still learning the moves but the instructor is great! I have a lot of jiggle but my hopes are the since that class burns so many calories it will jiggle its way off my body :laugh:
  • jamielbeck
    Options
    I am loving everyone's new hair styles! They look great!
    Sheila you look awesome! You can definitely see a difference between the picks! Great job! :flowerforyou:
    Anita hope the treadmill worked for you!
    Has anyone tried a rowing machine? I keep reading great things about it but I am nervous to try it and well I am not sure if my butt will fit on that small seat...:ohwell:

Hope you all are having a terrific tuesday! :smile:
  • swignal
    Options
    I am loving everyone's new hair styles! They look great!
    Sheila you look awesome! You can definitely see a difference between the picks! Great job! :flowerforyou:
    Anita hope the treadmill worked for you!
    Has anyone tried a rowing machine? I keep reading great things about it but I am nervous to try it and well I am not sure if my butt will fit on that small seat...:ohwell:

Hope you all are having a terrific tuesday! :smile:

thanks Jamie.. I like being able to see the difference.. even though I see the scale moving it is much different looking at the pictures... I might even get a family picture soon LOL

I havent tryed the rowing machine I do the bike treadmill and the elliptical but I like the elliptical the best because it burns more calories for me...

how do you log the calories that you burn in the sauna? cuz i sit in there for like 30 minutes and I am sweating my but off in there..
  • chantybear
    Options
    Morning team,

Anita - Sounds logical about the hair, what is your original colour?

Sheila - In the sauna you lose water, not fat. I would not log it as anything, because you are just sitting there. Sweat does not always = a lot calorie/fat burn.
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Morning all! This hanging out with LI4G to keep her company while her family is gone is killing me! We're staying up way too late... and unlike her, I have little kids who wake up at the same time every day (6) no matter how late momma stays up! ha!

The 200 situps challenge can be found at twohundredsitups.com. Since LI4G was here last night, she did hers here, so I did mine with her. Oh gosh, that hurts. That was AFTER doing as many as I could for the initial test. I'm also doing a hip thrust thing, both things to get my stomach tightened as much as possible. I also worked out my arms and shoulders and upper back at the weights yesterday, and today I feel like one big sore muscle! No weights today, I can barely lift my water to my lips this morning!

This week my challenge is to do the elliptical for 45 mins. The good thing is that amount of time on it does all the calories I need to for the day, exceeds my goal. But I'm getting really bored with the elliptical. I don't understand how some of you can do it for an hour! I did start doing it backwards, then forwards. Can't do too much backwards but I definitely felt the burn, so that's going to be added into my workout from now on too. I saw on a weight loss thing you should do half forward and half backward - yeah right! It will take me as long to go backwards for any length of time as it did to go forwards! ha!
  • swignal
    Options
    Morning team,

Anita - Sounds logical about the hair, what is your original colour?

Sheila - In the sauna you lose water, not fat. I would not log it as anything, because you are just sitting there. Sweat does not always = a lot calorie/fat burn.

Thanks, Someone told me you burn calories thats why I asked... and I only sit in there on Mon Wed Fri when I do my water areobics I go in there first...

well I am off to the gym since I didnt go Sunday and I didnt do much Yesterday cuz of still feeling a bit under the weather... And I am going to have my nerve test today in my lower back so let see what the scale says to me today... maybe I can do my dance early LOL

well talk to you guys later... Have a Great Day...
  • adopt4
    Options
    Just back from the gym, 45 min on elliptical (but slower than usual, I'm tiredy!) and then I went to do my cool down on the treadmill and decided to see if I could run. I did! Not for long, especially with it only being a week since my injury, but I couldn't believe I could run! Will have to try that again! I SO want to join the ranks of woggers...

Although I have to admit, I did feel like that wogging lady someone posted a few weeks ago... things were really bouncing that shouldn't be... LOL
  • DWray44
    DWray44 Posts: 76
    Options
    I signed up for the 200 sit ups challenge, so thanks for letting me know about it! If that schedule can help me be able to do 200 situps in one day, not an entire week...well, I'll definitely swear by it! :laugh:

I've been going to water aerobics on M, W, F and that zumba class on T and TH, and I feel so much better than I did 2 weeks ago. It's amazing! I've also decided to swim laps in the mornings. Not only is it good for you, but I swear I think in my past life I was a fish! LOL I'd rather be swimming or in the water than doing anything else, so at least it's fun to me, and doesn't feel like exercise! My family is being really supportive, even though they're all in Indiana and I'm in Tennessee, it's still nice!

Plus, I just found out that my 10 year reunion is in June, so that's definitely some more motivation for me! I hope everyone is having a great day! OH, all of this hair coloring and cutting is making me antsy to do something to my own hair...hmmm, what to do, what to do:bigsmile:
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options

Li4g - congrats on coming down a size, and on your girly outfits. Are you getting excited for your trip to Florida? What about school for the kids? I've been worrying about your daughter's track and stuff. Keep us posted on plans!

I am getting WAY excited. Just a trip to where there is sunshine has me counting down the days.. then add to that that I havent seen hubby in over 3 weeks and by that time it will have been 4 1/2.... you can imagine!

My kids are on spring break this week. I decided not to go when they were on break because everytime I count on the ex to take them... he screws me over, even if I try to plan it ahead. So they will be back in school when I go. I leave on a Friday that they go to his house for the weekend. They wont be back till Monday and I have a good friend that is coming to house/cat sit and stay the nights with them so they arent here alone. Daughters next race isnt until the day I leave, but she has rides too and from so its all good.
  • nitag
    Options
    Hi eveyone.. It appears that my husband knows what he is doing.. Walked for 40 mins last night and 40 mins this morning on the treadmill.. It didn't kick me off!! So yeah..

I am feeling bloated again.. I am thinking its either stress or maybe my flow is a changing. WHO knows but either way it is annoying me..

LI4G.. I went for 3 weeks without the hubby when he was in Texas working.. I missed him like crazy and boy I tell ya it was good to see him but now I am annoyed and he could go back for all I care.. Kidding.. I miss him but he still annoys me..Ok.. I guess I am annoyed today...

I can't weigh myself till next friday, he took that scale from me.. I am hoping I see a loss.. Right now with feeling bloated I feel like I am losing nothing.. Last time I weighed I was at 197.. woo haa....

Ok, my boss is back.. I have to work or pretend too...

Talk to ya all later...

Anita
  • jamielbeck
    Options
    Anita good to hear the treadmill is back up and running!
    Li4g You'll have a great time in Florida! What part are you headed to?

Today was a good day. I hope it was for the rest of you! I tried to make mashed cauliflower tonight and it was actually good! Yea! I hope to improve the recipe on the next try!
    Hope you all have a great evening! :smile:
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Nita... I know whatcha mean. I miss him like mad, but I dont miss cleaning up after him..LOL! My bedroom, bathroom and kitchen stay alot cleaner somehow when he's not here and he never seems to think that him being gone is the reason why. :angry: :laugh:

Jaime... Port Saint Lucie...just north of West Palm beach on the atlantic side of the coast. Also going down to the keys for a couple days cuz our friends are borrowing thier friends yacht. Its been more than 10 years since Ive been to Florida, but Ive been several times! I just cant wait for some warm weather especially after days like today. I live in Washington state.... and Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr its been cold and windy and nasty outside again. Again with chasing the garbage can lids down the street... what fun!:noway:
  • chantybear
    Options
    Li4g -...I hate when things go astray in the wind..(we live on a hill as well..!!)

Good Evening everyone,

Hope everyone had a good day:smile:

Off now to try and finish that freaking history paper:grumble:
  • swignal
    Options
    good evening Team,

I went to the gym today and did my 1 hour on the elliptical!!! and I even tanned 12 minutes....yeah I am feeling much better today.. I swear it was that Taco Bell..

well anyway I am back to the working out It killed me not having enough energy to go...but I went back!!! and that was what I was so affraid of... if I were to miss a day getting my self back to the gym the next day..

well I wont be doing my water areobics tomorrow cuz we are signing on the house when its time for the class so I need to go early... boy am I going to be catching up Next week...

well I did have a dr appt today and i steped on the scale early and I am down 1 more pound!!! so few more pounds till I am under 300 .... so Team Get Ready to do the dance...

Sheila
  • nitag
    Options
    SO I have a question.. I am eating around 1200 a day or a little bit more. I am not eating back hardly if any exercise calories.. What is everyone else at?? The Biggest Loser sets me between 1100 and 1399 at my current weight...
  • adopt4
    Options
    SO I have a question.. I am eating around 1200 a day or a little bit more. I am not eating back hardly if any exercise calories.. What is everyone else at?? The Biggest Loser sets me between 1100 and 1399 at my current weight...

Mine is set at 1580. If you are only eating 1200 a day, I would eat more if you are not seeing weight loss, or have any problems with energy, etc. The 1200 per day is if you do nothing, so expending more energy will keep the fat on your body if you're not giving it the energy fuel it needs... or so I've read...