T.H.E. (Trying Hard Everyday) Team~ Week 8~ March 27- April

Options

Replies

• get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Do you guys round up your stats or do decimals? Just curious.

I love the water challenge! I drink about 100 oz of water a say if not more. When I first started drinking that much I found it easiest to get up in the more and drink a bottle of really cold water. Someone told me that the cold water makes you burn calories to warm your body up. Not sure if there is any research behind that but it was enough to convince me to start doing it! Now on days I don't drink enough water I feel really tired or I get headaches so I guess my body is used to it! :wink:

My scale goes to the 1/2 pound and the ticker will automatically round up.
  • jamielbeck
    jamielbeck Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Do you guys round up your stats or do decimals? Just curious.

I love the water challenge! I drink about 100 oz of water a say if not more. When I first started drinking that much I found it easiest to get up in the more and drink a bottle of really cold water. Someone told me that the cold water makes you burn calories to warm your body up. Not sure if there is any research behind that but it was enough to convince me to start doing it! Now on days I don't drink enough water I feel really tired or I get headaches so I guess my body is used to it! :wink:

My scale goes to the 1/2 pound and the ticker will automatically round up.

Thanks Get_Fit! In that case I am 190.4 and lost 4.6 :laugh:
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Get_Fit SW 175/cw 165/ GW 140 - +1 pound
    DWray - 5 lbs
    indianagranny total lost -11.5 lbs
    tayner - 3.5
    Adopt4 - .2 pounds
    healthymom SW/GW/CW 208/150/192 -2 lbs
    jamierobertsonSW 195/CW 190/GW 155 - 5lbs lost!
    swignal SW 317/ GW 150 / CW 303 / lose 5 pounds : -}
    stillkristi SW 461/CW 440 GW 195 STILL ON THE DREADED PLATEAU :frown:
    nitag - SW 220/cw 197/GW 145 - 2 lbs.. Woo hoo..

Ok, internet was down at my house again this morning, so I am at work logging the news. Obviously, not doing the happy dance for me, but for you losers - - WAY TO GO!! :happy: :happy: Welcome newbies - good to see you here! This is the best thread - everyone is extremely supportive! I am not as unhappy as I thought. I have lost inches - .25 on my thigh, .25 on my waist, .5 on my hips, .25 on my upper arm. And, clothing is baggier all the time. Not a great look, but kind of gratifying! So, time to get re-dedicated to the exercise, that's where I have been slacking. I am worried about next week, because I will be on vacation in San Diego, but I am going to do my best to stay in touch, and to stay on track. Talk to everyone later! You guys and gals rock!!!!!
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    tayner - 3.5
    Adopt4 - .2 pounds

Nice intro LI4G...

Now the husband won't let me weigh in again for 2 weeks.. He once again took the scale away.. But thats ok, I can live with that...

I am off today but had to go to a meeting this morning at 8:30, I got all the material and snuck out the back door I was only there for 15 mins.. But I am getting paid for the whole day. Oh well.. What the boss doesn't know won't hurt. He shouldn't mess with my days off...

I am hanging with my sister and grandson Austin today.. He is just too cute.. When I walked in the door he ran to me yelling grammie.. He is not even 2 yet and he talks so much.. Love that kid.. I will post pics of all my grandbabies for you all to see. They are my life.. Hard to believe at 44 I have 3 of them... But thats ok, I can't wait for more.. Ooops.. I hijacked the thread again.. lOL..

I have to say, I feel so good.. I feel so healthy and just can't believe it.. I think differently about food.. I went to Starbucks and got a fat free mocha and oatmeal for breakfast. I could have just went to Jack in the box, but I don't feel myself craving junk food anymore...

Ok, I am watching the Doctors and they are talking about tanning beds.. I must change the channel.. Sheila don't watch the Doctors.. With a tanning bed at home now I don't know, makes me think I should just sell it....

Well all I am off to have lunch with my sister...

Talk to ya all later.. Oh last thing.. Welcome newbies... This is an awesome team...

nitag
  • nitag
    Options
    DWray - 5 lbs
    tayner - 3.5
    Adopt4 - .2 pounds
    jamierobertsonSW 195/CW 190/GW 155 - 5lbs lost!
    swignal SW 317/ GW 150 / CW 303 / lose 5 pounds : -}
    nitag - SW 220/CW 197/GW 145 - 2 lbs..

I was slow in posting ..

Hi Kristi...
  • nitag
    Options
    Maybe someone can fix the updates.. I'm not on my computer and am having all sorts of issues..
  • stillkristi
    Options
    Hi, Nita!
  • stillkristi
    Options
    Toombs posted this information on another thread. Check it out:

WATER

#1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.
    (Likely applies to half the world population)

#2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak
    that it is mistaken for hunger.

#3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as 3%.

#4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs
    for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of
    Washington study.

#5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

#6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of
    water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain
    for up to 80% of sufferers.

#7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term
    memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on
    the computer screen or on a printed page.

#8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of
    colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast
    cancer by 79%., and one is 50% less likely to develop
    bladder cancer. Are you drinking the amount of water
    you should drink every day?

COKE

#1. In many states the highway patrol carries
    two gallons of Coke in the trunk to remove blood from
    the highway after a car accident.

#2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of Coke
    and it will be gone in two days.

#3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the
    toilet bowl and let the 'real thing' sit for one hour,
    then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes
    stains from vitreous china.

#4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers:
    Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds
    Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

#5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour
    a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble
    away the corrosion.

#6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Apply a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola
    to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

#7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into
    the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake.
    Thirty minutes before ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix
    with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.

#8... To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of Coke
    into the load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run
    through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen
    grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your
    windshield.

FOR YOUR INFORMATION:

#1 the active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid.
    It will dissolve a nail in about four days. Phosphoric
    acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major
    contributor to the rising increase of osteoporosis.

#2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup! (the concentrate) the
    commercial trucks must use a hazardous Material place
    cards reserved for highly corrosive materials.

#3. The distributors of Coke have been using it to clean
    engines of the trucks for about 20 years!

Now the question is, would you like a glass of water?

or Coke?
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Wow, look at all these new people... 3 in one day.. thats great!! Im lookin forward to getting to know each of ya! This is a great group that truely does "Try Hard Everyday" to meet our own personal goals. We start a new thread each Friday, which is also our weigh in day, but some of us prefer to use the tape measure instead.

Anyway.. Welcome aboard Jaime, and congrats with those first 5lbs lost! Thats terrific!!

Swignal.. holy moly girlfriend! Great job once again!! Im looking forward to next friday for you! What a great achievement!!

Kristi- Inches lost is great! That means your shrinking and even if your not seeing the pounds drop, you are building some muscle which is always best in the end anyway. More muscle means more calories burned. :wink:

Nita- Congrats on breaking free of the junkie food. I personally know how great that feels! Good girl going for the oatmeal at starbucks. Yum yum! Oh.. and thank hubby for me for hiding your scale again...:laugh:

I hit the gym with Adopt4 earlier. Spent 45 minutes on the elliptical and opted not to do the treadmill today. My left heel/ankle is still spasming on me.. so I kept it low impact. I hit the grocery store to restock my fridge with fruits & veggies for the next week. Its just me all by myself for the next week because the kids are going to thier dads house for spring break. I made some chicken salad using fat free plain yogurt, celery, mustard, basil & garlic salt. Will be having that for the next couple days for lunch on some marbled rye bread. I also got some more portabella mushrooms and peppers Chanty. Gonna be eating those for dinner a couple nights this week also. HEHEHE Im addicted to them now!
    Saw a thread for shrimp & orzo so gonna make that tonight for dinner. I love shrimp, but hubby is allergic and the kids dont like it...... thier loss!!

Im sure I will be here alot this next week looking for some adult interaction since Im gonna be all by myself.. :frown: Im hosting bunco at my house tomorrow night and we are doing a Mexican potluck. Im gonna make some chicken tortilla soup and margarita's. Havent had margaritas in forever!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,997 Member
    Options

Welcome! :flowerforyou:
    Check in when you want - weigh once a week (or more - or less) as you like. Several of us chose Friday as weigh in day….but we are mostly here for support and motivation - and to share the journey.

This week's link to our team thread:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/47038-t-h-e-trying-hard-everyday-team-week-8-march-27-april

We start a new thread weekly on FRIDAY.

The new link is posted on the old thread on Thursday night.

Here is last week's thread:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/46063-the-team-week-7-march-20th-26th
    THE Team Week 3
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/41849-the-team-week-3-2-20-0
    THE Team Week 4
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/42904-the-team-week-4
    THE Team Week 5
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/44055-the-team-week-5
    THE Team Week 6
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/45085-the-team-week-6-3-13-09-to-3-19-09

~cmriverside

(END)

Here are all those who joined: I like what someone said about "Send a note to one of your friends encouraging them."

We miss you all, for whatever reason you chose not to come back.

1. cmriverside
    2. tobell
    3. Vixen16
    4. jessangel
    5. mandersen16
    6. chenders
    7. andersonchristineg
    8. Wolfena
    9. 130Lynsee
    10. lulubar
    11. wanning
    12. LosingIt4good
    13. zano2008
    14. will4change
    15. vonzo
    16. get_fit2009
    17. prayerfulmom
    18. chantybear
    19. Kelleighanne
    20. ethan19blue
    21. FletcherChic
    22. adamk0324
    23. renayeb
    24. smontoya1
    25. agapita1965
    26. markay3
    27. morgolis
    28. healthymom2009
    29. beahurey
    30. nitag
    31. Mangoaddict
    32. lacijae
    33. dewdrop
    34. gonabfit
    35. Sadeyes2
    36. Jackie_W
    37. adopt4
    38. Penny46
    39. stillkristi
    40. claireashby
    41. exerciseisfree
    42. swignal
    43. jyrowe34
    44. mncardiojunkie
    45. DWray44
    46. indianagranny
    47. tayner
    48. jamierobertson

They are listed in order by when they "joined". If you have a "buddy" on the list who has fallen away, send them a little note saying "hi".

Kristi:

That Coke info is frightening. Thanks for posting it! Where did you find that?

I'll take water, thank you.
  • LosingIt4good
    Options

#2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of Coke
    and it will be gone in two days.

Or you can throw it on the grill, add a little seasoning and I can finish it off for ya in about 20 minutes....

t-bone-steak.jpg

:devil:

On a serious note, very very good info kristi, thanks for sharing :happy:
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    Hey Team,

when I went to my dads to weigh in earlier my little niece was there she is in pre-school and I told my dad I lost 5 more pounds and my nieces says great job auntie i am proud of you .. here is a stick for a good job.. so I wore my happy face sticker all day for her... Out of the mouths of Babe's...

Then I went to the gym and did the elliptical for 1 hour and the I did some toning and my water areobics for an hour..

Then I met My hubby, cousin, and her boyfriend at a resturant for dinner.. I had half of a dinner salad, half piece of my broiled orange ruffie, and some rice.. and I drank water with a slice of lemon..

Now I am at my sister and I am in here on the computer and they are all out in the other room drinking beer...

I told hubby I was going to take dance lesons so next year for our 10yr wedding aniversary I can give him a lap dance LOL... of course he smiles from ear to ear!!!!

well GREAT JOB everyone for the lost pounds and inches..

Talk to you Tomorrow

Sheila
  • chantybear
    chantybear Posts: 343
    Options
    Oh wow I made protein bars (because I keep buying them)...oh darn they are yummy! I made them before dinner, and am pretty much full haha...I have a nibbling problem when I bake:grumble:

I took a day off today, and could not weigh in, because I do it at the gym...and did not get there today! I will weight till next week I think....

Hope everyone had a good day...

COKE IS NASTY...PERIOD!
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I just had a light bulb moment, so I thought I'd share. I have nearly 800 cals left today, have NOT eaten enough, and was trying to think of what sounded good, and I thought of that stick of licorice I've been waiting to eat for a month, waiting to have enough calories to eat it... and thought, but that's just empty calories, I'm not feeding my body anything, and I need to feed my body..

Uh, what?

So cool THAT thought went thru my head... it must finally be starting to be ingrained!
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    so i had oatmeal.. :)
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Good girl adopt4... BUT did you eat 800 calories worth of oatmeal??? LOL You prolly got enough left over for that licorice too :laugh:

I am STUFFED.. i ate good dinner tonight and I still have more than 1000 calories left! I know Im not gonna get to eat them all cuz I am just not hungry. Im thinkin here in about an hour Im gonna head to the bookstore and see if I can find a new book to read and maybe get a fat free mocha or something from starbucks (not that I need the caffiene this late.. but what they hay).

Has anyone read "The Host" by Stephanie Meyer? Ive been wanting to get it since I read the twilight series. Im thinkin I need something to read to keep my mind busy and out of the kitchen while Im alone this week. So.. thats gonna be my reward to myself! A new book :wink:
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Oh wow I made protein bars (because I keep buying them)...oh darn they are yummy! I made them before dinner, and am pretty much full haha...I have a nibbling problem when I bake:grumble:

I took a day off today, and could not weigh in, because I do it at the gym...and did not get there today! I will weight till next week I think....

Hope everyone had a good day...

COKE IS NASTY...PERIOD!

Interesting Chanty!! That sounds like fun. What do ya put in them anyway. I love to bake but havent in a while, mostly cuz everything I bake isnt "good for me" :laugh:
  • healthymom2009
    Options
    indianagranny -11.5 lbs overall
    tayner – 3.5 lbs this week
    Adopt4 - .2 pounds
    Li4g – 3.5 lbs this week
    DWray44 – 5 lbs
    swignal - SW 317/ GW 150 / CW 303 / lose 5 pounds : -}
    jaimerobertson - SW 195/CW 190.4/GW 155 – 4.6 lbs lost!
    stillkristi SW 461/CW 440 GW 195 STILL ON THE DREADED PLATEAU

stillkristi - take heart I feel like I'm on a plateau too, the scale keeps going up instead of down. I recorded the lowest reading in hopes to stay there or go down a couple by next friday. We all hang in there, right?

Zano, where are you? did he get lost in the renovation??? I need my wogging buddy. I'm still working on the 1.5 miles. How is everyone else doing?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,997 Member
    Options
    I will confess, I have been woefully under-exercised.

The weather has been so rainy, and cold. If I go out to run, my nose runs with me the whole time. Does anyone have a good remedy for the runny-nose-while-running?

Good for you healthymom, keep going. How are your times, you were getting pretty fast last I heard?
    I have done some Zumba and some TurboJam, because I have the DVDs, but I'd much rather be working on the running outside. It's like working from home, there is always some distraction. (excuse?)