T.H.E. (Trying Hard Everyday) Team~ Week 8~ March 27- April

Options

Replies

• healthymom2009
    Options
    :love: Love all the new hair cuts and good news from the posts.

I finished my 500 laps in the pool today. I feel so good. (took all of March):smokin:
    I am on week 4 of the sit up challenge - did 100 for the progress test. (started at 30)
    Trying the push ups but not having as much success - they are a LOT harder!
    Finally went for a wog OUTSIDE in Canada - spring may be here finally!!!!:glasses: I went a lot farther than I did last fall. That was awesome too. Feels good to be in better shape!

My weakness is eating on the weekends. I started logging those meals too - it helped. I need to keep working on that.

Good night everyone.
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    So, wow! I hardly recognize you all with your new dos! (We still haven't seen nitag's though:ohwell: )

Chanty - Loooove the new pic - we can see your sweet face:flowerforyou:

smontoya - oh my gosh!!! That puppy in the sandwich is the cutest!! I want it:love: Please don't let anybody eat it:noway:

stillkristi- how's the weather in Santa Fe?? Hope you're loving it and having a great time.

jamie- you are doing great - AND you are such a great addition to the team.:heart:

dwray - Hope you are on the mend!!! Soooo sorry you got hurt ~ take goooood care of yourself:flowerforyou: I was a fish in another life too - love, love, love the water!

Sheila - No more Taco Bell for you - your body doesn't like it!!:wink: I bet you just had a bug and the Taco Bell timing was coincidental - but hey, I'll take anything that helps me stay away from the fast food! That's a struggle for me.:grumble:

Dewdrop - where are youuuuuu? Hope you are doing well:happy:

Markay? You still with us? Be strong ~ drink your water!

healthymom - you are doing beautifully! You make me happy:bigsmile: Log EVERY bite - it makes such a difference!

Li4g, I'm excited for you for your trip! New clothes ~ $$$ Airfare ~ $$$ Reuniting with hubby ~ priceless

night gang - it's 11:25 here - waaaaay past my bedtime:yawn:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,997 Member
    Options
    :glasses: lurking..........
    Hi gang. Quick post. Got away late first night in St George, UT. Tomorrow in San Diego. (not St Fe lulu, but sort of close?) Ate sort of crappy but not over on cals. By the way, Nita mfp puts my daily Cal needs at 2340. Its a weight thing, you know. As I lose, it goes down. I try to stay under 1700.

Well gang, I am beat. Ill check in tomorrow.
  • smontoya1
    smontoya1 Posts: 39
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Great job on all the workouts!! I didn't have time to work out yesterday but I feel I did a darn good job on eating...I'm going to make up for it and go bust some butt in the gym today. I hope everyone has an awesome day today!

CMR - I love the new pic, you look gorgeous :heart:

Chanty - I'm an Econ major and that's the class that I'm having the hardest time in!! Our prof does the same thing and confuses everybody...plus she's from Vietnam and nobody understands what she's saying which doesn't really help...Everyone's average on a test is 45...she gives us such a curve that it actually equals out to an A..Thank God!

healthymom - Congrats on reaching 500 laps!! That is awesome, swimming is so tiring, if I go past 10 laps I think I might drown :tongue:

Lulu - You can have my chihuahua's; they are such a menace!...I usually let them out at night by themselves so they can go potty in the yard...but last night they both ran off somewhere and came back with doo-doo all over them!:noway: !! Chihuahua's seem to like finding the most nastiest smelling thing and rub all over it...I didn't even notice the doo-doo at first cuz it was dark and picked them both up..needless to say all three of us needed to be scrubbed down!
  • smontoya1
    smontoya1 Posts: 39
    Options
    I am loving everyone's new hair styles! They look great!
    Sheila you look awesome! You can definitely see a difference between the picks! Great job! :flowerforyou:
    Anita hope the treadmill worked for you!
    Has anyone tried a rowing machine? I keep reading great things about it but I am nervous to try it and well I am not sure if my butt will fit on that small seat...:ohwell:

Hope you all are having a terrific tuesday! :smile:

Jamie - I've heard that the row machine is good for your upper body workout but...it's so boring for me that I only last like 15 minutes on it...plus I have no coordination so I don't think I'm really doing anything...I love kickboxing, I'm finally going to sign up for a membership at our local YMCA...I can't wait to start my spin classes too!

Dewdrop - How's this week going so far?

Have a great day everyone!!
  • jamielbeck
    jamielbeck Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I signed up for the 200 sit ups challenge, so thanks for letting me know about it! If that schedule can help me be able to do 200 situps in one day, not an entire week...well, I'll definitely swear by it! :laugh:

I've been going to water aerobics on M, W, F and that zumba class on T and TH, and I feel so much better than I did 2 weeks ago. It's amazing! I've also decided to swim laps in the mornings. Not only is it good for you, but I swear I think in my past life I was a fish! LOL I'd rather be swimming or in the water than doing anything else, so at least it's fun to me, and doesn't feel like exercise! My family is being really supportive, even though they're all in Indiana and I'm in Tennessee, it's still nice!

Plus, I just found out that my 10 year reunion is in June, so that's definitely some more motivation for me! I hope everyone is having a great day! OH, all of this hair coloring and cutting is making me antsy to do something to my own hair...hmmm, what to do, what to do:bigsmile:

How do you like Zumba? My gym offers it and I've been thinking about trying it but am a bit imtimidated so I've been putting it off :ohwell:
  • jamielbeck
    Options
    SO I have a question.. I am eating around 1200 a day or a little bit more. I am not eating back hardly if any exercise calories.. What is everyone else at?? The Biggest Loser sets me between 1100 and 1399 at my current weight...

Mine is set at 1580. If you are only eating 1200 a day, I would eat more if you are not seeing weight loss, or have any problems with energy, etc. The 1200 per day is if you do nothing, so expending more energy will keep the fat on your body if you're not giving it the energy fuel it needs... or so I've read...

Mine says 1750. When I started it was 1770. I'm 5'10" and currently weigh 190.4. I agree with the above... If you not seeing a weight loss maybe you want to make sure to eat most of your exercise calories. I've always heard your body will start storing if its not getting enough fuel (food) to burn.
  • jamielbeck
    Options
    Good Morning everyone!
    It took me a while to get all caught up on reading but I am now in the loop :smile:

Chanty - hope your paper goes well! I was never a fan of writing papers....I'm sure you are a much better writer than I am!
    Li4g - I've never been to that part of Florida but it sounds like you will have a great time! I'm sure the weather is nice there!
    Sheila - Good job on making yourself go to the gym. The hardest thing for me is getting to the gym, once I convince myself to go I usually feel better.
    Healthymom - what's wog?
    LuLu - Thank you! I really like T.H.E. Team and everyone is so supportive and encouraging! Its Great!
    Smontoya - Maybe I'll give spinning a try. I think I may feel the same way about rowing. The rowing machine in my is facing a wall. I think maybe facing a window or even the rest of the gym would at least give you something to look at and distract yourself.

It's supposed to rain here today, which I am not looking forward to at all! It rained Monday and was decent yesterday and not raining today. Ugh. Tonight is my power class, its the weight training one. I hope everyone is having a great day! :tongue:
    Jamie
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.. I got in my 40 mins on the treadmill, biceps, triceps, squats and 50 crunches.. Now I have to get ready for work..

I think I will up my calories to see what happens.. There is so much talk on these boards about exercise calories. When I talked to my DR. a few weeks ago he looked at me really strange and said why exercise if you eat those calories back. He said to stick to about 1200 a day for a safe weight loss, maybe I am going to start my first plateau who knows. But I will try eating more and see what happens.. Remember I am a shorty.. only 5"4 and I weigh 197 shorty/fatty :laugh:

SO the rest of this week might get a little crazy, family will start trickling in tonight for Kole's funeral. It is Saturday.. We have some people staying with us and I sure wish it was under different circumstances..

Everyone have a great day...

And CM I see you lurking....

Anita
  • indianagranny
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Anita - good job getting the exercise in before work. I usually do mine in the morning after I get home from work - but I sa down first and can't seem to get back up.

Healthymom - 500 laps WTG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LI4G - have awonderful trip and bring back the good weather to here to stay PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

Well i am down another 2.5 pounds making 14 pounds in 28 days. I am so happy. Thanks for the motivation, support and help. I really couldn't have done it without you. I am not celebrating but gonna take the day off today - busy hard night at work last night.

Hope everyone has a fantastic day. I will try to catch up before I go to work tonight. Off to bed right now. Good night

Lisa
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.. I got in my 40 mins on the treadmill, biceps, triceps, squats and 50 crunches.. Now I have to get ready for work..

I think I will up my calories to see what happens.. There is so much talk on these boards about exercise calories. When I talked to my DR. a few weeks ago he looked at me really strange and said why exercise if you eat those calories back. He said to stick to about 1200 a day for a safe weight loss, maybe I am going to start my first plateau who knows. But I will try eating more and see what happens.. Remember I am a shorty.. only 5"4 and I weigh 197 shorty/fatty :laugh:

SO the rest of this week might get a little crazy, family will start trickling in tonight for Kole's funeral. It is Saturday.. We have some people staying with us and I sure wish it was under different circumstances..

Everyone have a great day...

And CM I see you lurking....

Anita

Remember that MFP gives you an automatic deficit in calories over what you would burn in a normal day without exercise.

Here's how I look at exercise calories, whatnot. Seems to make simple sense to me: Your body has stored fat, the only way to get rid of that fat is to burn it off. Hence, exercise is the fastest way to do it. What you put in your body in a daily basis should be used so that your body doesn't store fat out of what you eat, it uses it for instant energy. If you don't eat enough, though, your body will store it as fat. If you eat too much, then it stores fat of the excess.

So eating your exercise calories, or most of them, so that you aren't eating 1200 calories a day yet burning 1000, is so that your body will (a) think it's getting energy frequently enough to not have to store fat and (b) use that energy for your daily life, and then when you exercise you burn the fat stores.

Makes sense to anyone else?
  • chantybear
    chantybear Posts: 343
    Options
    Morning ladies and lads

Hope everyone is doing well today!

Jamie - Haha, thanks....Oh how I love pointless hours of typing about something:yawn:

Anita - I upped my calories 100/day, but then I added more exercise...beside the point I feel better, and lost more weight:smile:
  • nitag
    Options
    Morning ladies and lads

Hope everyone is doing well today!

Jamie - Haha, thanks....Oh how I love pointless hours of typing about something:yawn:

Anita - I upped my calories 100/day, but then I added more exercise...beside the point I feel better, and lost more weight:smile:

I am upping my calories today: ) Logged in everything but dinner and am just over a 1000 so with dinner it will add up.. We shall see. I also plan on adding about 10 mins to my walking, going from 40 to 50 mins.. We shall see...
  • lulubar
    Options
    kristi - San Diego, Santa Fe.... you say tomato....:laugh: You know I am not always the brightest bulb! But hey, if you've never been, Santa Fe is really nice too.:blushing:

Anita - I am 5'3", weigh 191 (currently) - so even stumpier than you, but I eat 1400 to 1500 cals. per day plus at least 1/2 my exercise calories. I had to up my cals a few weeks ago due to lack of energy and it has made a very positive difference. But, my weight loss will probably be slooooooow - :ohwell:

CMR - lurking.gif Good to see you.

Adopt4 - I think the same way about exercise cals - good explainin' hotshot!:drinker:

Smontoya - dogs are the grossest!!! but I love 'em anyway! That story is hysterical - They were just doing an April Fool's prank on you I think...:laugh:
  • lulubar
    Options
    Well i am down another 2.5 pounds making 14 pounds in 28 days. I am so happy. Thanks for the motivation, support and help. I really couldn't have done it without you. I am not celebrating but gonna take the day off today - busy hard night at work last night.

Lisa

Lisa - BIG congratulations and a happy dance for you:
    dancing.gif
    Way to go!!!!!!!!!! Keep up the healthy life!
  • nitag
    Options
    kristi - San Diego, Santa Fe.... you say tomato....:laugh: You know I am not always the brightest bulb! But hey, if you've never been, Santa Fe is really nice too.:blushing:

Anita - I am 5'3", weigh 191 (currently) - so even stumpier than you, but I eat 1400 to 1500 cals. per day plus at least 1/2 my exercise calories. I had to up my cals a few weeks ago due to lack of energy and it has made a very positive difference. But, my weight loss will probably be slooooooow - :ohwell:

CMR - lurking.gif Good to see you.

Adopt4 - I think the same way about exercise cals - good explainin' hotshot!:drinker:

Smontoya - dogs are the grossest!!! but I love 'em anyway! That story is hysterical - They were just doing an April Fool's prank on you I think...:laugh:

Well Lulu I am upping my calories as of today.. We shall see.. But I am going to up my exercise as well. I haven't had the sluggish feeling.. I do go to bed early but I think its cuz I go lay in bed to watch TV and am usually sound asleep by 9:30 but I get up at 5 am (thats when I am sluggish).. I guess it's a learning game.. I honestly just want someone to tell me what to do.. Ha ha..
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Anita... up them and see how you feel. Once I got my hrm, I upped my calories because it said I was burning more at the gym than the machines said. I went from eating 1300 calories a day to eating more around the 1500 range, not including exercise. I dont usually eat all of them, cuz If I did I would be eating around 2100-2400 calories depending on how hard of a workout day I had at the gym, but I eat most of them everyday. It makes a big difference when you are eating enough. I used to have a small headache in the mornings before I ate and I thought it was because of allergies, but i am definitely convinced that I just wasnt eating enough because those little headaches are gone now. Starvation mode is a very real thing and is not fun to experience! Its not a healthy way to lose weight at all.

It was really hard to change those eating calories even though I KNEW I needed them. I was so afraid that it would make me gain or maintain, but really... it didnt! I have way more energy now, more stamina during my workouts and that first week, I lost 3lbs... not 2.

As for your DR... most of them dont understand the dynamics of losing weight unless they are writing you a prescription for pills. Its easy for them to tell you that you have to drop it, but giving advice on the healthiest way to do it isnt necessarily what they are qualified for unless they are a nutritionist or specialize in the area. I used to work in a hospital and when it comes to living healthy lifestyles, probably 95% of them dont have a clue when it comes to exercise and proper nutrition. My dr actually told me "Its ok to have the big hamburger, just stay away from the fries"..... well.. ok.. but if that "big hamburger" is 1000 calories... it is definitely NOT ok.... not for me anyway. :grumble: :laugh: :mad:
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    well I have been eating about 1600 - 1800 calories daily but I burn off about 1400 to 1600 daily so I really try not to eat much of my excersice caloires back....

well Team I got up and went to the gym bright and early so that I could get back home and pack.. well that was my plan but I was at the gym a very very long time.. I did the hour on the elliptical then I did the toning then I went into the sauna then the pool I was in the pool for an 1 1/2 hours doing laps and areobics.. now I need a nap LOL just kiding I am getting ready to get a bite to eat and then go sign on the house and then start moving some boxes tonight!!! then we will be loading all the furniture on Friday.. so this weekend we will be in the new house... and hoping to have the internet this weekend there if not by monday... so I am not sure how I am going to be checking in I might have to go by my fathers anyway talk to you guys Later...

sheila
  • nitag
    Options
    According to my handy dandy HRM lets say as of today.. 40 mins on the treadmill I burned 441 calories.. I set my calorie goal 10 1350.. So that gives me a total of 1791 calories I can eat for the day.. Now I have already ate 1080 in calories so I have a lot left over for dinner.. We typically have a protien, Veggie, brown rice or cottage cheese for dinner.. Nothing big.. Usually my dinners are just under 400 calories.. I try to eat light and then I have a Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich for desert ... That will put me at 1440 for the day.. i will start with that and give this a test run for a few weeks... Hopefully with all the company thats coming in for the funeral I won't blow it.. But maybe my body needs an eating day..

Thanks everyone for your advise.. It's so much appreciated..