Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

T.H.E. (Trying Hard Everyday) Team~ Week 8~ March 27- April

Replies

• lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member

The weather has been so rainy, and cold. If I go out to run, my nose runs with me the whole time. Does anyone have a good remedy for the runny-nose-while-running?

I one time was going through the line at a Picadilly cafeteria and when I looked up at the lady who was serving me, she had cotton stuffed in her nostrils.:huh:

:bigsmile:
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    indianagranny -11.5 lbs overall
    tayner – 3.5 lbs this week
    Get_Fit SW 175/cw 165/ GW 140 - +1 pound
    Adopt4 - .2 pounds
    Li4g – 3.5 lbs this week
    healthymom SW/GW/CW 208/150/192 -2 lbs
    DWray44 – 5 lbs
    swignal - SW 317/ GW 150 / CW 303 / lose 5 pounds : -}
    jaimerobertson - SW 195/CW 190.4/GW 155 – 4.6 lbs lost!
    stillkristi SW 461/CW 440 GW 195 STILL ON THE DREADED PLATEAU
    nitag - SW 220/cw 197/GW 145 - 2 lbs.. Woo hoo..
    lulubar - SW205/GW145/CW192/ +1 lb.

yeah, i'm with getfit this week - up a pound - not changing my ticker either!!:angry:
    But I sure do like hangin' out with all you losers! You people rock!!

Welcome to our new teamies! The more, the merrier - and I looooove being merry!
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Hi, gang. My internet is still down, so I am checking in on my blackberry. Takes forever! However, I don't want to go awol or Sheila will come looking for me! ;o)

Hope to be back on line tomorrow. Love you guys!
  • chantybear
    chantybear Posts: 343
    Oh wow I made protein bars (because I keep buying them)...oh darn they are yummy! I made them before dinner, and am pretty much full haha...I have a nibbling problem when I bake:grumble:

I took a day off today, and could not weigh in, because I do it at the gym...and did not get there today! I will weight till next week I think....

Hope everyone had a good day...

COKE IS NASTY...PERIOD!

Interesting Chanty!! That sounds like fun. What do ya put in them anyway. I love to bake but havent in a while, mostly cuz everything I bake isnt "good for me" :laugh:

I have stopped baking my cookies that my bf absolutely adores, and I used to sell, because I eat about 15 (dough+ baked) haha....here is the recipe

http://ezinearticles.com/?Homemade-Energy-Bar-Recipe&id=1591022

I did not use pecans or coconut, and added dried cranberries, dried cherries, protein powder, dry skim milk powder, and greens+ extra energy (cappuccino flavor)...I went way over today with how many I ate, but I have a cheat day every week, and going over with these was way better then cheese!

You guys who are 800 -1000 cal over...what is your daily limit set at? I would only be able to eat like 200-400 calories to have that much left over!
  • Good Morning Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stillkristi and nitag - sorry to hear about your computor issues. I do not know what I would do if my internet went out now. I love this site so much and you all are so motiviating, Thank you!

Congratulations to everyone on their losses and successes. Continue the good work. My heart goes to you who have hit the dreaded plateau. I am not looking forward to those days. So whatever you do to make that scale move, please post so we have ideas.

Well I have been on the move already this morning - 51 minutes of low impact aerobics and 21 minutes of general aerobics. Not stepping on scale though cause I know body is holding water. - just going to try and work through it.

Have a good week end everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Good Morning Team,

Just checking in, I am about to head out to the gym for a few hours, Then I will be running around the rest of the day being the mommy and sister Taxi LoL, although I will be making time to log my food and excersice in..

see you soon Hope you all have a great day..

Sheila
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    You guys who are 800 -1000 cal over...what is your daily limit set at? I would only be able to eat like 200-400 calories to have that much left over!

My daily limit is set at 1450 when I dont exercise. When I do exercise, I usually average about 600-700 calories per workout, which I include in my total for the day. That bumps it up to about 2100 calories a day. Yesterday I had 779 calories in exercise and I ate breakfast at about 8am and had oatmeal & a banana at about 275 calories, then for lunch (about 12:00) I had my homemade chick salad on marbled rye. I put my chick salad recipe into the sparkspeople.com recipe calculator and its only 81 calories per 1/2 cup serving, so that with the 2 slices of bread was about 350 calories. I planned to eat more for lunch but that sandwhich was so filling, I didnt. Then for dinner at about 5:00, I made 2 portobella/yellow bell pepper/roma tomato/feta & cream cheese burritos using the mission carb balance tortillas. That turned out to be 475 calories for both and I was stuffed to the rim. At about 9:00 last night I headed out to go find my book and decided to get a coffee at starbucks. That was a non fat, grande, hazelnut mocha with no whip.... around 250 calories and 1/2 of a almond biscotti at 70 calories. Yesterday was just one of those "Im not hungry" days. Im sure I'll make up for it tonight tho. Bunco night mexican potluck at my house with 15 people coming over and bringing food PLUS its not a workout day for me... :laugh:
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Hi everyone.. I don't have time to read through all the posts this morning but I will soon...

Just around midnight last night my nephew Kole passed away. The Dr's took him off the machines around 11 pm last night and his parents got to hold him for the first time since he was born. For those of you whom are new, Kole was born 5 weeks ago with CDH - He had all his organs in his chest and a hole in his esophagas (sp). He fought like a warrior but he is now in a better place.. Pray for my neice and nephew.

thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers. Even though Kole didn't live, the prayers worked, he fought for 5 weeks ...

I will try to check in when I can.. Stay strong and Keep TRYING HARDER EVERYDAY!!!

Anita
  • chantybear
    Morning everyone!

Just saying hi, then I have a hair appointment, then snow shoeing (I know..nice way to wreck my nice styled hair...haha..but it is the last day of the season!)...then I think my bf and his friends are going shooting up a mountain:ohwell:

Better get going my appointment is soon! Talk to you guys later! Have a good day!
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Awwww ((((((((((((((((((((Anita)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
    So sorry to hear about Kole. I will keep praying for your family.
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Anita.

I am so sorry my friend! Everything you said about Kole being in a better place is true, but those who love him still mourn. For several years, I was president of the women's organization in my church. I saw many families go througt the loss of a loved one. It seems like families draw a lot of comfort from being together at a time like this. I hope your family does. There is also a verse of scripture I find very comforting: "those that live together in love weep at the loss of a loved one". If there were no love, there would be no sense of loss. So, celebrate the love that brings tears today because of loss. Love is a great thing.

Take care, friend, and know you are loved!
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Hi everyone.. I don't have time to read through all the posts this morning but I will soon...

Just around midnight last night my nephew Kole passed away. The Dr's took him off the machines around 11 pm last night and his parents got to hold him for the first time since he was born. For those of you whom are new, Kole was born 5 weeks ago with CDH - He had all his organs in his chest and a hole in his esophagas (sp). He fought like a warrior but he is now in a better place.. Pray for my neice and nephew.

thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers. Even though Kole didn't live, the prayers worked, he fought for 5 weeks ...

I will try to check in when I can.. Stay strong and Keep TRYING HARDER EVERYDAY!!!

Anita

Oh, I am so sorry! We were all pulling for him, but God wanted him home. I will pray for your family. :heart:
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Nitag, I am so sorry about Kole. My heart goes out to you all.
  • Nitag, I am so sorry to hear about Kole. You all will be in my thoughts and prayers.
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Just got back from the gym. Did 45 mins on elliptical (at a faster/harder pace than I'd done it before) and then finished out with 17 mins on the treadmill. Whoo-hoo! No endorphin rush like I was hoping, by going quite a bit longer, but there is a lot of personal satisfaction in pushing myself farther. I could really feel it in my thighs and legs so I knew I was pushing myself, which is good.

Ate scrambled eggs and whole wheat toast for breakfast, to see if it would help my energy level. Not sure if it did that, but I'm still feeling overfull and it's after my workout, which normally after my workout I'm absolutely starving! So think I'll be doing that again!

I had to do extra calories today at the gym so I could have some treats tonight if I felt like it, have Bunco with a group of women at LI4G's house. She's making a soup that is ok to eat, low cal, so I'll be able to eat that at least and whatever I bring, but if there's something really yummy looking there I wanted to be able to have some if I wanted. Since I still feel full from breakfast, don't think I'll have to worry about pigging out too much on lunch!

I could have technically gone longer at the gym, I had planned on doing weights, but I was sore from what I had done and figured I'd better not push too much harder in worries of reinjuring myself. Since it's doing so good after just a few days, which is very unusual, I thought I'd still better take it easy. Next weekend or the weekend after, depending on my hip situation and how stable it feels, I plan on taking a class at the gym once a week, can't remember the name but it has "plus abs" in it. It's a weight/cardio class. I'm looking forward to being able to do it.

Think I need to go stretch out some, it's bothering me to sit here. Dont' want to stove up and ruin my Bunco night!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,293 Member
    Anita :brokenheart: so sorry about the precious baby Kole. My thoughts and prayers are with you and his family.

This is a passage from
    "The Prophet" by KAHLIL GIBRAN, IN 1923

Then a woman said, Speak to us of Joy and Sorrow.
    And he answered:
    Your joy is your sorrow unmasked.
    And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears.
    And how else can it be?
    The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain.
    Is not the cup that holds your wine the very cup that was burned in the potter's oven?
    And is not the lute that soothes your spirit, the very wood that was hollowed with knives?
    When you are joyous, look deep into your heart and you shall find it is only that which has given you sorrow that is giving you joy.
    When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.
    Some of you say, "Joy is greater than sorrow," and others say, "Nay sorrow is the greater."
    But I say unto you, they are inseparable.
    Together they come, and when one sits alone with you at your board, remember that the other is asleep upon your bed.

:heart:
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    I....CANNOT....BELIEVE....IT....IS .....FRIGGIN'.....SNOWING.........ARRGHGHGHGH!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I have not decorated for Easter in a few years, because my boys are older. This year, my house is covered in flowers, bunnies, chickies and pastels because I want Spring weather to be here so badly!!!!!

On the plus side, I did do my 2 classes at the gym this morning. However, I apparently did not sweat enough to heat the earth enough to prevent snow. It's not sticking, and it's really more like chunky rain, BUT STILL!!!
  • chantybear
    I am sorry to hear about Baby Kola, Anita.

It was snowing here too, but good for snowshoeing:smile: Oh I love my new hair cut and colour!!
  • cmriverside
    It was snowing here too, but good for snowshoeing:smile: Oh I love my new hair cut and colour!!

No snow, but it's cold and raining and I live near Get_Fit, so my optimism is waning. :frown:

Pictures of the new hair, Chanty???
  • cmriverside
    Adopt4, what does this mean?
    Dont' want to stove up
This discussion has been closed.