You know you're a fitness nut when...

Options

Replies

• xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    Options
    I actually perfer the Reserves over Active Duty. Not like I've spent numerous years on Active, besides training and deployments. But I enjoy what I do, but I wouldn't want to do it every day of the week. I feel like I have a bit more control over my destiny as well. All of my deployments have been strictly volunteer basis so far. I get to pick whatever schools or training I want. Its rare anything I do in my career thats mandatory. Everyone operates more like "friends" basis then the average "rank structured" cohesiveness. I'd rather just go out and do my job, get it over with.....then follow all the unnecessary hoops the active-duty makes you jump thru. Air Guard is not a bad way to go, especially if your looking for specific job/career training, yet wanna stay in the civilian world.

Foot bread is awesome! I dont know what you guys are talking about. I loved the local cruisine there.
    We were up in the Kwost province for a few months. The locals were on the FOB building up brick-n-mortor huts. They were always cooking up something yummy. I'd go over with some candy bars outta the MRE bags, sit down and hang out.
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Okay... We tell our kids not to eat anything from friends unless we give them permission. Main thought is: You don't know what they were doing with their hands before making THAT... I think that applies twice as much to foods made with people's FEET! You guys are craaaaazy!

And in an attempt to put this thread back to where it belonged before we hijacked it...:blushing:

You know when you're a fitness nut when you join a running club in Afghanistan... A place renouned for it's prevalance in LANDMINES...:noway: Person in question... My insane husband...
  • xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    Options
    Okay... We tell our kids not to eat anything from friends unless we give them permission. Main thought is: You don't know what they were doing with their hands before making THAT... I think that applies twice as much to foods made with people's FEET! You guys are craaaaazy!

And in an attempt to put this thread back to where it belonged before we hijacked it...:blushing:

You know when you're a fitness nut when you join a running club in Afghanistan... A place renouned for it's prevalance in LANDMINES...:noway: Person in question... My insane husband...

hahahaha. They wash before they eat. Its just a lack of soap in question here.

For the sake of non-hijackingness..... You know your a Health Nut when your actually performing a PT test in the desert.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    My husband went to New Orleans after hurricane Katrina for a few months. He came back just in time for Wilma to tear our lives apart. With him he brought MRE's. He was raised an army brat and was amazed at the 'quality' of the new MRE's.

A few days into our 3 weeks without electricity, we had an MRE party for my kids and their friends (late teens, early 20s)

We had a great time and some of them where actually tasty (was gonna say good, but that would be stretching the truth too far:laugh: )

The point is we had a great time and the condiments have come in handy over the years!

hahaha, you civilians crack me up. You mean you didn't receive those MRE's and throw them back at the Natl Guardsmen and FEMA in disgust.

"What the f......?? No Menu #22 Jambalaya??!?!? What an insult."

Oh Hell no! My DH was thankful for their help. Everywhere he turned there was a big ol humvee like veh. him being an army brat, that made him feel safe.

The best investment I ever made was teh GPS system.....there WHERE no addresses!!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    You know you are a fitness nut when you go for your lunch break walk and all your friends are walking in the road, and you are walking zig zag up and down the small incline in the grass.........AND your wearing your HRM!!!:laugh: :laugh:
  • MissResa
    Options
    You know when you're a fitness nut when people you play volleyball with ask you...
    "So, where's you heart rate at NOW?" in the middle of an intense, competitive game...
    They know me waaaayyy too well.:laugh:
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    You know your a fitness nut- when you get your meal/diet plan to start training for a fitness figure competetion and you are considering even though its ridiculousy strict- and the workouts are intense- What am I thinking????
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    strained your calf can hardly walk but still go to the gym and lift as heavy as you can
  • MissResa
    Options
    You get shin splints so bad to sleep with icepacks... And then you go for a run again the next day...

*My husband hates it-now he knows what I think about his cold feet:laugh:
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    You're late for your own wedding, that's right, I NEEDED to get my workout in, which meant I was 22 minutes late for my walk down the aisle, it's pretty bad, when you put the gym ahead of real life.
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I dont know if Im a health nut yet but already my thoughts are into, new sports shoes for running, new polar 6 for my birthday and spinning shoes. Does that make me a nut? :wink:
  • MissResa
    Options
    You sound like me 2 months ago... Except I didn't even have my birthday as a reason to buy anything...:laugh:
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    You know you're a fitness nut when......

the thing that bums you out the most in your day is that your hrm didn't work properly during your workout!!!!:laugh:
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    You're late for your own wedding, that's right, I NEEDED to get my workout in, which meant I was 22 minutes late for my walk down the aisle, it's pretty bad, when you put the gym ahead of real life.

This doen't sound crazy, you wanted to look good walking down the aisle. beside the gym is my real life, it's stuff like work that gets in the way. Dam bills
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

This doen't sound crazy, you wanted to look good walking down the aisle. beside the gym is my real life, it's stuff like work that gets in the way. Dam bills

you know John is a fitness nut when he rows the boat with the anchor down
  • MissResa
    Options
    Hahahaha!!! Is this going to turn into a fitness nut version of "You might be a redneck if..."?! I'm sure things are going to be getting ugly pretty soon!!!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    you know your a fitness nut when you decide you'll be the Designated Driver because it's easier than trying to figure out how many calories are in mixed drinks (true story).

My exact quote was "*kitten* It, I'll drive"
  • MissResa
    Options
    Banks-THAT WAS THE BEST ONE YET!!!!!
    I was laughing my *kitten* off!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    you know your a fitness nut when you decide you'll be the Designated Driver because it's easier than trying to figure out how many calories are in mixed drinks (true story).

ditto-
  • arewethereyet
    Options

:glasses:

:laugh: Thanks for the much needed laugh!!