At a loss for words...my journey is put on hold.

Options
Well everyone. I have been working hard and lost 20 lbs, which is great, I am happy. My husband and I found out we had a little accident and we are pregnant. I was just really working hard on trying to lose the weight from our last one. Of course I would always love any baby that comes into our family, but I'm not ready right now, we have 3 healthy children and I feel so lost and confused. I could use some inspiration if anyone has some.

Replies

• Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    We were trying for three in our family, and wound up with four when the third turned out to be twins. It put a lot of things on hold for us, in terms of health, lifestyle, financial, etc. But I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. And all of those other goals will still be there to work on after the baby comes. Enjoy the time, and continue the journey after the birth. The journey is on hold, it is not over.

Congratulations!
  • Elona_30
    Options
    even though you are expecting you can still workout and lose weight, I did with my little girl and I felt better for it, you have to be carefull but you can still do it, and the more fit you are the easier it will be to have the new bundle of joy. Stay positive and everything will workout.:happy:
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I agree. I think you should check with your doctor first, but normally it is perfectly safe (and actually encouraged) for you to continue your healthy lifestyle. Especially with the eating healthy. As for any exercise, (again, talk to your dr) but should should be able to continue with maybe a few modifications.

Congratulations to you!!:flowerforyou:
  • kmhallett
    kmhallett Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I am sure in a few days it will sink in and I can be excited.....We just recently had a lady that we know pass away during labor and delivery....I just told myself that I am happy with my 3 and do not want to have another one to risk everything that I have now. I am so scared.
  • Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    One more thought: I believe it is generally OK to continue any exercising you are currently doing. I have a friend who ran a marathon while 4 months pregnant.
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Keep working out (modified when needed obviously) and eat healthy.
    Bring a healthy baby into the world and teach him/her a healthy lifestyle.
    :drinker: Congrats
  • Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    It's just a shock right now to find our you're pregnant. Don't feel bad for feeling this way, it's just something you weren't expecting & it is shocking. Once you get used to the idea you'll feel much better about it & of course when your child gets here you will be overjoyed. :) As someone said you can continue trying to get fit & become a healthy weight for carrying your child. Congrats! You will feel much better soon. :heart:
  • lovinbeinold
    Options
    I went through the same thing. We were surprised when I got pregnant with our fourth. That baby is now 35 years old and I would not change a thing. It all went together just fine. We love him so much, we love them all so much.
  • Twyla123
    Twyla123 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I truly believe that everything happens for a reason! Stay strong and focused and only good things can come from it!
  • mrskaylaXOXO
    Options
    just hang in there!!! and get your tubes tied!! LOL
  • gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    My journey was put on hold too for 5 months, because of a blood clot and eventually the diagnoses of cancer. The surgery is behind me and I start radiation treatments next week. BUT I'm a silver lining girl... everything that I've been thru has made me feel so loved. I started back on exercising slowly 2 weeks ago, and it feels great.

Also, I had a surprise pregnancy... and while I already had 2 healthy kids, number 3 has been a wonderful experience. You'll be fine.
  • TashaP2011
    TashaP2011 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    When I was pregnant with my first, and feeling scared, I took a look around while I was stuck in an awful traffic jam and told myself "If this pregnancy stuff didn't work most of the time, I wouldn't be stuck in this stupid traffic jam!" I felt better about the baby and the traffic jam after that! Babies and mommies make it safe so much more often than not! Stay positive!
    I agree with other posters - you can continue your journey for weight loss - just in a different way! Best wishes to you and your beautiful family!
  • angijunbug
    Options
    Everything will work out for you! Congratulations! Just keep eating right, drinking lots of water, & exercising when you can during the pregnancy (as long as your doc says it's ok) Then after the baby is born you'll be so busy that the weight will just come off!
    :flowerforyou: Best wishes during your pregnancy!
  • Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I am sure in a few days it will sink in and I can be excited.....We just recently had a lady that we know pass away during labor and delivery....I just told myself that I am happy with my 3 and do not want to have another one to risk everything that I have now. I am so scared.

I know that it's scary especially because it hits so close to home. But honestly, anything could happen at any time to anyone. Try hard not to let fear grip you. Try to focus on everything wonderful about being a mother. You have three children & you're no newbie to this game. :) I'm a believer that the Bible is right, children are a blessing from the Lord. :) I'm also an "accident". My parents were going to travel full time in the ministry with my two much older brothers then here I came! It rocked all their plans! haha! But now my mother tells me that I'm her best friend & my constant encouragement helped her get through cancer for the third time recently. Your 4th child will be a blessing to you in ways that you won't realize. Pretty soon you'll wonder how you made it all this time without him/her. :smile: *hugs* It will all be alright.
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!! And hugs, too!! It does take time to make the mental shift, and adding fear to the mix does complicate it. I'm sorry for your acquaintance who died giving birth. Remember YOUR experiences, and know you and your family will be fine. Your feelings are perfectly normal, and will turn to excitement and joy again.
  • Melodypharmon
    Options
    Congrats! I know how you feel. I was on my weight loss journey, and training for a marathon when I became pregnant. My doctor was very supportive of me continuing to run, but then I started having complications. I had to stop exercising through the pregnancy, but I watched what I ate. I didn't start to gain weight until the last two months of the pregnancy. Then when I had the baby I was 20 lbs lighter than my starting weight.

Health guidelines are changing for pregnant woman. Now they recommend that overweight women shouldn't gain much weight. It is possible for pregnancy to help with weight loss. Don't be discouraged, but embrace it. Just remember that you're not really eating for two like the saying goes. Just try to make healthy choices.
  • bunnzye2
    Options
    WHY NOT KEEP YOUR ACOUNT OPEN AND CONTINUE TO LOG IN WITH WHAT YOU EAT ANYWAY, AND TALK TO YOUR FRIENDS!
  • jsnv
    jsnv Posts: 24
    Options
    I have four children also, all four were a surprise. We now know what was causing it and have put a stop to it!!! With my last pregnancy I was not happy with my starting weight. I was very careful (meaning... very healthy not low calorie) with my eating and exercised everyday ( lots of walks) and I gained very little weight. I felt great. On the days that I indulged in low quality carbs I felt sluggish and awful and that helped to keep me motivated to eat healthy.

Don't think of it as your journey being put on hold but taking a new exciting path. Congrats.
  • vichm
    vichm Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    they always say when you least expect it, I was in a similar position before, we were trying for our second and it was not really happening so i focussed on my weight as husband was navy and off away for 3months. I thought i will get down while away... I worked my butt off got to 10st 11 which is my smallest and then he returned and within 6months I was pregnant with twins!
    It was a shock and also I was like you not sure as I was just starting to enjoy my new figure ..... its true though the same goal will be there after but you will proberly have more focus and determination. I put on 5st with my twins they are 6months old on Wed and I have 11lbs to be at pre preg weight so dont be disheartened. The baby is a lovely thing, you will love it and ebjoy it and be back to your slim self in no time. 'Oh and congratulations.... :-) x
  • bunnzye2
    Options
    AS FOR BEING SCARED, YOU ARE A NORMAL WOMAN FOR THAT - I REALLY THINK EVERY SINGLE WOMAN WHO GETS PREGNANT IS SCARED OF LOTS OF THINGS. BUT YOU ARE GOING TO BE JUST FINE, ARENT YOU?