At a loss for words...my journey is put on hold.

Options

Replies

• busym0m
    busym0m Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Talk to your doctor. I got pregnant with our third while I was trying to lose the baby weight from the first two. I had lost 24 lbs and was able to continue exercising on the elliptical and walking (no more Jillian routines though!) through part of my pregnancy. It helped o keep my weight gain in check. Once I gave birth, I was able to drop the weight I'd gained without too much trouble and now I'm continuing with it. Using this system is a great way to keep your calories in check! And think of all the extra calorie you'll burn while nursing! Congratulations!!
  • jmart53
    jmart53 Posts: 47
    Options
    Congratulations to you and your husband. My last one was a surprise (i have 3) but such a blessing. You just need to get with your Doc about this program and he will tell you whats best for you and the baby to keep you both healthy. You will just have to find the will power during your pregnancy to keep on track with what you eat. You can do it I will keep my thoughts with you and good luck. Be sure to keep us posted on how you are doing.
  • JackieLM
    JackieLM Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    That happened to me too... I was losing and then became pregnant. I just recently had our 4th and I could not imagine my life without him. It may not have been your plan, but God is always in control. He will provide what you need. It is okay to still exercise while pregnant as long as you were doing it before the pregnancy. check with your doctor and at least you can keep within a healthy "gain" so that the weight comes off easier when the baby is born. Remember to enjoy these 9 months, every stage... your weight loss journey like you said... is on hold... not cancelled. :-) The thing that made me so excited about my pregnancy was that I never got back to my "high weight" from before my journey began. Now, I am below my pre pregnancy weight and losing steadily. Congratulations on the baby!!! Big families are so much fun!!!!
  • xTenaciousJx
    Options
    ditto!
    Keep working out (modified when needed obviously) and eat healthy.
    Bring a healthy baby into the world and teach him/her a healthy lifestyle.
    :drinker: Congrats
  • TweedleDebo
    TweedleDebo Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Keep your head up! Everything happens for a reason & what doesn't kill us makes us stronger. You can definitely still eat healthy while pregnant and it will be good for baby, too!

I looked for some cookbooks for you and this one jumped out at me: Feed the Belly: The Pregnant Mom's Healthy Eating Guide

Check it out here: http://books.google.com/books?id=bCfnVTFoYdYC&pg=PR16&dq=healthy+eating+while+pregnant+cookbook&hl=en&sa=X&ei=LisoT7WtDsfM2AWu3p3GAg&ved=0CGkQ6AEwBQ#v=onepage&q=healthy eating while pregnant cookbook&f=false

Hope that helps!!
  • joeygirl84
    joeygirl84 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I know that must be so hard... but you can still be healthy with your eating... even if you can't work out as much. After the baby comes, you can pick up again. Just stay active with walking and so on. It'll be ok. Congratulations on your little blessing :)
  • GlenWalterGal
    GlenWalterGal Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I exercised daily and did not gain any weight during my pregnancy, I actually lost some (it was great as I was overweightat the time I got pregnant), my doctor was baffled but my daughter was born 7 pounds 11 ounce and healthy as can be.

That was 40 years ago when people did not talk about weight and exercise....to date, my daughter is the healthiest person I've ever met, she is a mother herself and is a gorgeous slim woman. Me, on the other side, I've gone back to my bad habits recently and I have ballooned....which is why I'm here...working hard to lose it all again.

My message to you: there is no law that says you have to gain a ton of weight during pregnancy...Stay on track, eat healthy, exercise and you and the new baby will thank you. Good luck and keep your spirits high.
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    ITS TOO LATE NOW HONEY, so get UNlost, and UNconfused LOL

Congrats on your little accident :)
  • lizaiza79
    lizaiza79 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I was right where you are a year ago! I was 15 lbs away from my goal weight, then unexpectedly got pregnant. Then my husband left for Afghanistan, and I just had to survive. We already have 4 too!!

It made my cry to start over again after this one...I had 25 to lose from my pregnancy, just to get back to that last 15! The baby is 5 months old now though, hubby is coming back in about 8 weeks, and I am close to having the baby weight gone.

My point is, it seems overwhelming now, and will be for awhile, but you will indeed be looking back a year from now and things will be ok. Just enjoy your pregnancy and the growing life inside you!
  • MrsNoir
    MrsNoir Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Yes, keep logging everything you eat, that would also help you to give your on coming baby a balanced diet, and keep exercising! I gave up exercising when I found out I was pregnant, because I was scared, in fact, you might even lose weight during pregnancy if you keep exercising and counting calories, so I don't think you need to stop, but I know how you feel, I'm quite scared about that happening to me as well, as I recall having the period a couple of times, then banished again, I did a pregnancy test last week or two or more weeks ago and turned out negative, but I could be in your position and not knowing yet. However I'll keep doing exercise if I were pregnant again!
    And congratulations!! think of all the women in the world out there who wish they got pregnant and they can't, and feel yourself lucky for having that gift!:D
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    ITS TOO LATE NOW HONEY, so get UNlost, and UNconfused LOL

Congrats on your little accident :)

This is a pretty ridiculous response - OP's feelings are absolutely justified. Besides, who says it's too late for a decision to be made either way?
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
  • ARDuBaie
    ARDuBaie Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Just because you are pregnant doesn't mean you can't eat sensibly, exercise, and maintain the weight that you are at. My sister did that. You burn the fat on your body by exercising in the AM and the baby gets the food. Worked great for her.
  • ShrinkingNinja
    ShrinkingNinja Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Well everyone. I have been working hard and lost 20 lbs, which is great, I am happy. My husband and I found out we had a little accident and we are pregnant. I was just really working hard on trying to lose the weight from our last one. Of course I would always love any baby that comes into our family, but I'm not ready right now, we have 3 healthy children and I feel so lost and confused. I could use some inspiration if anyone has some.

No reason that a pregnancy should put your journey on hold. Eating healthy with a baby on board is a good thing.
  • dadoffo
    dadoffo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hope this thread does not turn into a debate.
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    While your journey may have changed, it doesn't need to be put on hold. Being pregnant isn't a reason to not be healthy, eat healthy and exercise. You can do all three of these things until the day you deliver if your pregnancy is not complicated. And if it is complicated then you can still be healthy and eat healthy even if you are not able to do much exercise.
    Don't think of this baby as an accident because no child is an accident. Each one is a unique gift from God. Enjoy the blessing you are about to receive, just do it while making healthy choices.
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! !! I understand the shock. You can still eat right and exercise with your doctors permission. My advice would be continue to log your food as you have been. Eat as healthy as possible & do what exercises are ok with your doctor & enjoy your blessing when he/she arrives.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I have a few friends who are infertile and they would do anything to get pregnant, so try to think how lucky you are to be having a forth. Lol. Must be so scary for you, with your friend. The chances of something like that happening are so so slim... Please don't be scared. See your doctor and talk about everything, including your fears. Maybe you need a little therapy. Good luck on your journey xxxx
  • dragracer64
    Options
    I have been through this SAME experience-at 36 (also with 3 healthy children) and my life has been blessed beyond words. My husband had just quit his stressful job for a much lower pay and we had sold all our baby stuff. You can have the healthiest pregnancy by eating good food and walking walking walking. I even ran through much of that pregnancy. I am now 48 and in the best shape of my life with a happy 11 year old! Feel free to add me as your friend :)
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    This^ It's your body, your life and your choice.
    I know it's "taboo", but if you really feel like you can't (or sincerely don't want to) raise and bring another child into this world, you certainly don't have to.If it would do more harm than good to your family, finances, resources, etc. it's worth considering alternative options.

Except now there's another body and another life who doesn't get a choice. Just make sure it's one you can live with.