At a loss for words...my journey is put on hold.

Options

Replies

• Quilterbunny
    Quilterbunny Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yes, as time goes on you will get more excited about this precious little one. The unexpected can be a shock (my first 2 were unplanned by us but planned by God). We have 2 girls and 2 boys - all grown up now and I just wish I had enjoyed them more while they were small - they keep you so busy it is hard to really enjoy them :) Keep healthy, love and enjoy your little ones and this new one will add more love and blessings to your family.
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    An accident? uhh, no.
    Uhh yes, we used protection:)
    Last time I checked, no "protection" was 100%...

Enough already.
  • kmhallett
    kmhallett Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    An accident? uhh, no.

so wait...are you telling me unless she doesnt want another baby she should stop having sex with her husband??? wow...that's a lovely idea....:noway:

I love this lol
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    An accident? uhh, no.
    so wait...are you telling me unless she doesnt want another baby she should stop having sex with her husband??? wow...that's a lovely idea....:noway:
    No...just don't refer to a baby as an accident.

I know it's shocking, but not everyone here on the internetz thinks babies are a "blessing". I am Child Free by Choice, therefore I take great strides to ensure no "accidents" occur. I just believe that Q was stating that babies might not always be planned, but they aren't accidents.
  • Switty_Kitty
    Switty_Kitty Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    He is very supportive. I called him at work today to tell him. he told me this morning to get a preg test to put my mind at ease. He said there is a reason why we are having this child and we will work together to get through it. Hes great:) A bit in shock, but great:)

Sounds like you have a good man there.
    The road might get bumpy, but we always manage to get through.
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    An accident? uhh, no.

I know it's shocking, but not everyone here on the internetz thinks babies are a "blessing". I am Child Free by Choice, therefore I take great strides to ensure no "accidents" occur. I just believe that Q was stating that babies might not always be planned, but they aren't accidents.

This is not a time for a semantics lesson.
  • kmhallett
    kmhallett Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    An accident? uhh, no.

Alright, enough drama over this....it is very unplanned. Our first was unplanned as well and i did not mean to have him, does not mean that I do not love him and that he is not my whole world. I am just surprised and would not mean accident as a demeaning thing.
  • 42hockeymom
    42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Alllll righty... gonna stay out of that debate roaring overhead.......

So then.....Congratulations! I've been there.

A friend of mine just announced she's 15 weeks pregnant, she's 40 and she, too, is freaking out right now. And truthfully, I'm a little jealous. But I'm 43, I have a 21 year old, and a 14 year old. Having a baby probably would be pretty silly right now. Even though my 14 year old thinks it's the BEST.IDEA.EVER!!!

Keep being healthy. The shock will subside to a dull roar. One thing though. I like surprise, accident just sort of brings up negativity in a way. But hey, it's YOUR story/experience! And I know you're not trying to be negative, just shocked.

Once again, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
  • cwilliams215
    Options
    Well when I read your situation, I can relate. I have 3 kids of my own....back to back all 3 one year apart! Can you imagine. First baby I was 189 lbs for a short 5'4 inch woman, that's a lot of baggage. It's not easy to lose weight/fat when you are pregnant all those years so close together! What I started doing was...When I had someone to help me babysit or watch my kids, I'd take time to ride my bike (if you have one). I eat any food! But, just eat to were you are just satisfied, not FULL. Drink plenty of water. No soda. Before I know it, I had lost about 45 lbs!

Now 2012 I had to get myself back in shape because I have been a lil lazy and put on about 30 lbs because I have a serious "sweet tooth" Reason why I also need some motivattion right now. Believe me, if a 300 lbs woman can do it, WE CAN TOO! lol.
  • harley0269
    harley0269 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    "CHANCE" would be a cute name for the baby. Because it was by Chance that this new little one came about :flowerforyou:
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    "CHANCE" would be a cute name for the baby. Because it was by Chance that this new little one came about :flowerforyou:

Loving this!
  • MummyOfSeven
    MummyOfSeven Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I don't see the problem with saying that a pregnancy is an accident. It happens.
    Now saying that a child was a 'mistake', that would be different.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you're getting to a good place with this, and that your husband is supportive.

Despite taking very careful precautions, I have mini panic attacks every month that I'll end up pregnant. I adore my two kids, but I'm done! It would be far from a "blessing" if I was accidentally to get pregnant now. It always shocks me that so many people think everyone should get excited about an accidental pregnancy. I can't think of anything that would screw up my life more than an unplanned pregnancy.
  • QueenJayJay
    Options
    I don't see the problem with saying that a pregnancy is an accident. It happens.
    Now saying that a child was a 'mistake', that would be different.

129024965398573549.jpg
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    This^ It's your body, your life and your choice.
    I know it's "taboo", but if you really feel like you can't (or sincerely don't want to) raise and bring another child into this world, you certainly don't have to.If it would do more harm than good to your family, finances, resources, etc. it's worth considering alternative options.

This.

Agreed.
  • dadoffo
    dadoffo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    He is very supportive. I called him at work today to tell him. he told me this morning to get a preg test to put my mind at ease. He said there is a reason why we are having this child and we will work together to get through it. Hes great:) A bit in shock, but great:)

Hang in there. He's reaction is just like mine.
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I went through the same thing. We were surprised when I got pregnant with our fourth. That baby is now 35 years old and I would not change a thing. It all went together just fine. We love him so much, we love them all so much.
    I love this!:heart:
  • ProjectSara
    ProjectSara Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    This^ It's your body, your life and your choice.
    I know it's "taboo", but if you really feel like you can't (or sincerely don't want to) raise and bring another child into this world, you certainly don't have to.If it would do more harm than good to your family, finances, resources, etc. it's worth considering alternative options.

This.

Agreed.

Yep. Also, the world is over-populated enough.

On another note... If accidents didn't happen, why would birth control even exist? Or hospitals, for that matter?
  • ProjectSara
    ProjectSara Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Well everyone. I have been working hard and lost 20 lbs, which is great, I am happy. My husband and I found out we had a little accident and we are pregnant. I was just really working hard on trying to lose the weight from our last one. Of course I would always love any baby that comes into our family, but I'm not ready right now, we have 3 healthy children and I feel so lost and confused. I could use some inspiration if anyone has some.

I would love to be 'oops" pregnant, or any kind of pregnant one day. You are so lucky to be able to bear children!

:drinker:

:drinker: Amen to that! Congratulations, OP!

So... you people are demeaning her feelings because of your own problems? Very nice. You really think every woman in the world should be thrilled to be pregnant regardless of thier desires or circumstances because that would make you happy?

WOW. Look up narcissism. And ignorance.
  • QueenJayJay
    Options
    So... you people are demeaning her feelings because of your own problems? Very nice. You really think every woman in the world should be thrilled to be pregnant regardless of thier desires or circumstances because that would make you happy?

WOW. Look up narcissism. And ignorance.

5af8a1d2_523ac920_beating_a_dead_horse.jpg