At a loss for words...my journey is put on hold.

Options

Replies

• MummyOfSeven
    MummyOfSeven Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    My husband and I found out we had a little accident and we are pregnant.
    "Accident" will make a great first or middle name. :flowerforyou:

Take a look at my user name. Do you REALLY think they were all planned? Lol.
  • janegalt37
    janegalt37 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, honey! I am so excited for you! I echo the sentiments of everyone else here - this is a blessing, just wait and see. We're all here for you, you know. No matter what.
    {Hugs!}
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I have no idea, nor do I care to know. Thanks.
  • jhartram
    jhartram Posts: 165
    Options
    You can handle it! It's a shock, I know... had the same thing happen with my second... and I was on birth control at the time! But I was told that the better shape I was in when the baby came the easier it would be, and it actually worked out that way. I was surprised. Your doctor can tell you how to modify your eating habits and your exercise, and as you work out tell yourself that it'll only make it that much better so you don't have to worry about anything during labor.
  • janakroesbergen
    janakroesbergen Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

My mother in law had an surprise baby at 43 (they were thrilled). During her pregnancy she had gestational diabetes and so had to really watch her carb & sugar intake. She was carrying some extra weight before the pregnancy, but wasn't really overweight. Without trying (only trying to follow the diet she was given for the gestational diabetes) she only gained 4 lbs over the whole course of her pregnancy. She also got a treadmill and did 20mins of walking on it most days. Healthy baby boy was born around 7 lbs. The little one is now 2 years old and she's been able to keep off all the weight she lost during her pregnancy by eating healthy!

It's not impossible to lose weight while pregnant, just make sure your eating healthy and following your doctors recommendations!
  • MummyOfSeven
    MummyOfSeven Posts: 314 Member
    Options

Well *that* was totally uncalled for. People are here offering congratulations, support, advice and sharing whether or not they had 'accidents'. Why single me out for spite?
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Well *that* was totally uncalled for. People are here offering congratulations, support, advice and sharing whether or not they had 'accidents'. Why single me out for spite?
    And why single me out with your question? :huh:

Let's move on, shall we?
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    my daughter ate healthy and exercised through both her pregnancies.. i did the same thing. nothing happend to our babies .. just because you are prego doesnt mean you cant walk or eat healthy .. ask the doctor for a guideline of things you must have while you try to watch your weight so that it doesnt affect the baby ..and congratulations!!
  • COOKINATOR
    COOKINATOR Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Consider it a beautiful gift from God.......Even tho you are Prego you can still eat healthy and excercise....I have friends that have done that and nothing bad has happened
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I know it's not much consolation but I came from a family of three and I think it's terrible to have three, the middle one (me) is a mess:tongue:
    you're better with four:flowerforyou:
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    congratulations! you can keep up your healthy lifestyle while pregnant, just check with your doc to make sure that you're doing what's best for you and your baby!
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Is it that you don't feel ready because of your fitness goals, or you don't feel ready to have another child in your family?

If it's the latter, why do something that you aren't ready for?
  • dubois75
    Options
    Your journey is not put on hold, it's just been modified! A child is a blessing and although you were not expecting this little one chose you and your husband! =) You can continue to workout during your pregnancy, so you'll remain healthy and afterwards baby weight should easily drop. Keep your head up! Everything happens for a reason and your little one happened because you are already a healthier you.
  • apena_06
    Options
    A friend of mine did pre-natal yoga through her entire pregnancy and she said she felt amazing. Maybe try that (your other kids can even participate with you :smile: ) and continue to eat healthy. Children are always a blessing but like I was told when I had my little one....there's never really a "good" time for a new baby because life's always going to be hectic. Congratulations :heart:
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    You sound to me like you want to be convinced that this is a good thing, a blessing, when you think that it might not be. I would urge you to think about your resources and the obligations you have to your children that already exist, and make decisions based on what is best for your entire family: the three children you already have, your husband, and yourself. Only you can look at all these factors and decide what is the best and most logical decision. Do not let anyone make you feel bad for making the best and most logical decision for everyone involved.

This^ It's your body, your life and your choice.
    I know it's "taboo", but if you really feel like you can't (or sincerely don't want to) raise and bring another child into this world, you certainly don't have to.If it would do more harm than good to your family, finances, resources, etc. it's worth considering alternative options.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    This^ It's your body, your life and your choice.
    I know it's "taboo", but if you really feel like you can't (or sincerely don't want to) raise and bring another child into this world, you certainly don't have to.If it would do more harm than good to your family, finances, resources, etc. it's worth considering alternative options.

This.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Hey, be happy! Your body is producing HCG. Use it to your advantage ;)
    There's no reason you can't continue to exercise and eat healthy for the remainder of your pregnancy.
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Like everyone said your journey is no where near over and doesn't have to be stopped :). I understand how you're feeling. My fiancé and I are getting married in October and are paying a lot of to student loans. We always talk about the what ifs. We decided that no matter what our situation in life if we got pregnant it must have been meant to be. As much as we would like to be more settled or have more money or whatever the case, I never want to be upset about having a child, that's what I remember. Congratulations :)
  • keywestsunset
    keywestsunset Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are actively trying for our 2nd and my plan is to continue mfp even after I get pregnant. Im sure I will have to tweak my calorie intake, but I want to stay on this healthier path I've started. So keep logging, you don't have to go anywhere!!
  • harley0269
    harley0269 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    For years i never used protection. nothing happened. Then when I did use protection, SUPRISE!!!
    So let me tell you...THERE IS NO ACCIDENTS, ONLY BLESSINGS IN DISGUISE!
    God bless you & your family!

...the best presents are the ones you dont expect :wink: