At a loss for words...my journey is put on hold.

Options
14567810»

Replies

• ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to pontificate (preach lol) to you on what you should or shouldn't do with your child - that's not why you posted (i don't think anyway).

Just know that you have options out there, and NO ONE should be trying to tell you one way or the other. This is a decision between you and your husband and the 4 walls of your house. PERIOD!

Now then - I wouldn't say that your weight loss journey needs to be on hold - like many here have suggested, you can, with the support and guidance of a Dr., remain on a healthy weight loss plan while pregnant. The only reason why some women cannot, is because it will put the child in jeaopardy - which is why it's strongly suggested that you create a plan with the help of your Dr.

I hope you find the answers you seek - and know that you will have support out there no matter what YOU choose to do - don't ever forget that :)
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to pontificate (preach lol) to you on what you should or shouldn't do with your child - that's not why you posted (i don't think anyway).

Just know that you have options out there, and NO ONE should be trying to tell you one way or the other. This is a decision between you and your husband and the 4 walls of your house. PERIOD!

Now then - I wouldn't say that your weight loss journey needs to be on hold - like many here have suggested, you can, with the support and guidance of a Dr., remain on a healthy weight loss plan while pregnant. The only reason why some women cannot, is because it will put the child in jeaopardy - which is why it's strongly suggested that you create a plan with the help of your Dr.

I hope you find the answers you seek - and know that you will have support out there no matter what YOU choose to do - don't ever forget that :)

^This
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    hope you've adjusted to the shock now x
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Take it from someone who always wanted another child but ended up in menopause early, this is a blessing!

@ mslack01 - same here! My "surprise" baby was born 6 months before my 40th birthday, and I hit menopause shortly after. I found out during an ultrasound that I didn't have any follicles (no eggs left), so it was too late to have another.:frown:

Originally my husband and I weren't planning on having kids. But once our daughter came along, my husband (who was an only child) wanted another! Amazing how children change you.
  • kmhallett
    kmhallett Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I want to thank everyone for the great amount of support and all of you that had msged me and gave me inspiration. Unfortuantley today I went to the Drs after some bleeding and they believe I am in the process of a miscarriage. When I am healed emotionally and physically I will be back and running for my goal.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    sorry to hear that, wishing you the best with all your goals!