4 whole eggs?

Options

Replies

• Inlet
    Inlet Posts: 135
    Options
    There are 2 types of cholesterol, HDL (high density lipoprotein) and LDL (low density lipoprotein). HDL is extremely beneficial and protects against heart disease. Eggs are rich in HDL. Please research this! Unless you are on a low fat diet specifically for high cholesterol, eggs are beneficial. (in the same way that fish oil is beneficial to heart health)
    I eat a good four eggs a day and my cholesterol levels are testing awesome. I get it checked now and again.
    Eggs are a good fat.

Edit: plus they are full of vitamin a, b vitamins, vitamin e and d. They contain everything needed to grow a baby chick to hatchable maturity. Egg yolkss are nutritional gold. I will even eat them without the whites if I'm feeling too full for both.

The whole "eggs are dangerous" idea is old science.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    The only thing that's bad I can think of are the cholesterol in the yolks.

I eat 4 hard boiled egg whites and just throw the yolks away.

Maybe just eat 1 with yolk and the rest whites?

There's always the case that egg cholesterol is good for you too.
    I usually mix egg whites with 1-3 eggs.
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21705072

That is a beautiful review article on diabetes and insulin resistance. I don't know if you can access the whole thing. I'm trying to figure out how I can drop a PDF in here.

But well worth a read. Better than a book. From one of the best scientific/medical journals.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

That is a beautiful review article on diabetes and insulin resistance. I don't know if you can access the whole thing. I'm trying to figure out how I can drop a PDF in here.

But well worth a read. Better than a book. From one of the best scientific/medical journals.

link to full pdf

http://www.docvadis.it/assistenzadomiciliare/document/assistenzadomiciliare/type_2_diabetes_across_generations_from_pathophysiology_to_prevention_and_management/fr/metadata/files/0/file/Nolan.pdf
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options

link to full pdf

http://www.docvadis.it/assistenzadomiciliare/document/assistenzadomiciliare/type_2_diabetes_across_generations_from_pathophysiology_to_prevention_and_management/fr/metadata/files/0/file/Nolan.pdf

Thank you!
  • Cgalit
    Cgalit Posts: 13
    Options
    thank you! Just wanted some thought on it.
    I didnt read any of the replies as it doesnt matter. If four eggs a day work for you, its perfectly fine. I eat alot of eggs, and even at my heaviest, my cholesterol never has been over 169---EVER. More and more studies show cholesterol levels are def more genetic vs diet, although a totally bad diet will influence it. I ALWAYS eat whole eggs, as much as two dowzen a week. Just check your cholesterol and make sure it doesnt change and eat away.
  • fastframebelair
    Options
    If your cholesterol is good don't worry about it. Eggs are nutrient rich and that's probably why you aren't hungry until lunch. I've to say I'm on a diet now where I eat two eggs and spinach for breakfast - talk about being filled!
  • fastframebelair
    Options
    Egg yolks are so nutrient rich and should not be skipped, seriously. Egg whites are useless.
  • fastframebelair
    Options
    This is a perfect post and positively more than correct about good old eggs. Seriously. Thank you for telling the truth.
    There are 2 types of cholesterol, HDL (high density lipoprotein) and LDL (low density lipoprotein). HDL is extremely beneficial and protects against heart disease. Eggs are rich in HDL. Please research this! Unless you are on a low fat diet specifically for high cholesterol, eggs are beneficial. (in the same way that fish oil is beneficial to heart health)
    I eat a good four eggs a day and my cholesterol levels are testing awesome. I get it checked now and again.
    Eggs are a good fat.

Edit: plus they are full of vitamin a, b vitamins, vitamin e and d. They contain everything needed to grow a baby chick to hatchable maturity. Egg yolkss are nutritional gold. I will even eat them without the whites if I'm feeling too full for both.

The whole "eggs are dangerous" idea is old science.
  • livingaloha
    Options
    if you are doing well with it, dont change it! I took a nutrition class, and have done alot of research nutrition wise, the yolk is where all the nutrition is. so if its working for you and you dont have a problem with cholesterol I wouldnt change a thing. I always eat the whole egg, foods as nature designed them!
  • dcclimbr
    Options
    my body responded well to whole eggs. a few years ago i started eating four jumbo sized scrambled eggs for breakfast. i did that everyday for 3 weeks. i ate a pretty good sized lunch like a big hamburger or bowl of chili beans. right away when dinner time came around i just wasnt hungry.normally i was hungriest at night. i couldnt even force myself to eat. i could nibble a little something at best. i was (still am) a very active person burning a lot of calories.after the first week i also noticed a change of hardness of my body. it was like concrete. i wasnt anymore muscular. i was just way more solid. other people noticed it too. it was a good feeling. i stopped because i was scared of the cholesterol intake. i tried other things like chicken breasts or 6 egg whites( with 1 yolk) for breakfast. it just wasnt the same.my body has never been as hard since and i have to control my cravings at night. i started the 4 whole eggs again today. im reading what other people have to say about the cholesterol. obviously theres mixed opinions and mixed studies. in my brief experience my body responded so positively i have a hard time believing a few or more whole eggs a day are bad for you. i'll just see what happens.
  • lizzyloe
    lizzyloe Posts: 2
    Options
    Question?? if it says calories remaining does that mean i went over my calorie intake for the day??
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Question?? if it says calories remaining does that mean i went over my calorie intake for the day??

No, it mean how many you have left before you reach your daily limit as set by mfp
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Wow... I can't believe people think eating egg cholesterol affects your cholesterol levels... no.
  • nas061
    nas061 Posts: 256 Member
    Options

I eat 4 hard boiled egg whites and just throw the yolks away.

That's a terrible waste of food !
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    I am eating 4 whole eggs a day for breakfast everyday( 7 days a week) I like it because it totally fills me and I feel very satisfied till lunch.
    I read some people say it's good, others say bad. Should I stop this?

It's fine. In fact if it keeps you going till lunch, I'd say it's damn-near perfect!
  • kenj13
    kenj13 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    There are multiple threads on this topic - both for and against whole eggs - so I would read through those to help formulate your opinion. Personally, I believe that the benefits of whole eggs outweigh the cons (I eat 3 whole eggs for lunch 5 days a week).

Here's a link that lays out the nutritional differences between egg whites and whole eggs in an easy to read chart:

http://www.eggnutritioncenter.org/blog/2011/01/25/whole-eggs-vs-egg-whites/

What THIS person is saying! There's always been a stigma about eggs, (a.k.a. the "good, bad and ugly"), BUT eating cholesterol from eggs will not effect the cholesterol IN your system. See: http://www.health.harvard.edu/press_releases/egg-nutrition) I also eat ~4 whole eggs for breakfast most mornings; they keep me full longer, AND I've lost weight AND BF.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    I eat 4 whole eggs every morning and a while now.
    Can't think of anything wrong with it.

-
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I love eggs. I am currently eating low carb and they are a great source of fat and protein but very low carb. And keep you nicefully full :) I eat 2-3 most days, probably less on a weekend when I have more free time to cook other things.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Not only will the eggs NOT affect your cholesterol, eggs contain "good" cholsterol which has a beneficial effect on your body. The fat is minimal, and each one comes in its own tamper-proof packaging :wink:

Eat whole eggs. End of.