4 whole eggs?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• danelledawnc
    danelledawnc Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am sure many people can find at least 3 articles that argue their side as well. Live with the mantra "everything in moderation." I eat an egg casserole every work day morning and 1-2 eggs Saturday/Sunday. Eggs are the only thing that make me feel great in the morning - anything with sugar gives me the shakes and oatmeal-yeah right, I'm hungry within 10 minutes after eating it. Too little of one thing is bad, too much of one thing is bad. Just do what you feel is right for you :) As for me, I will always question the "authority" of doctors, especially when a lot of them are being paid off to support claims of any one industry.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2005/04/13/egg-myths.aspx
    "Research showed that, in healthy adults, eating eggs every day did not produce: (1) A negative effect on endothelial function, an aggregate measure of cardiac risk. (2) (or) An increase in cholesterol levels."

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/08/10/making-sense-of-your-cholesterol-numbers.aspx
    "First and foremost," Dr. Rosedale points out, "cholesterol is a vital component of every cell membrane on Earth. In other words, there is no life on Earth that can live without cholesterol. That will automatically tell you that, in and of itself, it cannot be evil. In fact, it is one of our best friends. We would not be here without it. No wonder lowering cholesterol too much increases one's risk of dying. Cholesterol is also a precursor to all of the steroid hormones. You cannot make estrogen, testosterone, cortisone, and a host of other vital hormones without cholesterol."

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/02/01/29-billion-reasons-to-lie-about-cholesterol.aspx
    "Much of what is commonly believed about high cholesterol and how it relates to saturated fats, heart disease and strokes is wrong; scientific research linking high cholesterol to heart disease is actually weak"
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Wow... I can't believe people think eating egg cholesterol affects your cholesterol levels... no.

Parroted wisdom dies hard ... Just eat the fracking eggs ferchrissakes ...
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Wow... I can't believe people think eating egg cholesterol affects your cholesterol levels... no.

Parroted wisdom dies hard ... Just eat the fracking eggs ferchrissakes ...

It's amazing that this myth is still around. I eat minimal 4 eggs a day... sometimes as high as 10. Tested once a year for lab work and my health markers are always in place.

EAT YO EGGS.
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    this thread made me crave some eggs, so I made some. Yolks and all. Will I die from this?
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    this thread made me crave some eggs, so I made some. Yolks and all. Will I die from this?

Probably, if I don't see you around I'll stop eating yolks just in case :laugh: