Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties - February Challenge!! Take 2!

Options
123457»

Replies

• lalonmeg000
    lalonmeg000 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    So sorry I lost touch this month. It has been a really draining month overall.

Quick update for me, and I will try to make some time to go back to see what everyone was up to.

I slacked off with insanity, and eating has been spotty. I finally went to the docs after 2 weeks of a terrible "stomach bug". Turns out it was severe anxiety and I was dehydrated. On the positive however, the doc said I lost 14 lbs since I had last been there in mid November :) Still a size smaller in jeans and in between sizes in shorts (why do shorts always run smaller!? and they are all so short!)...and yes I know its novemeber and I am looking at shorts lol its been 70-80 all week where I live.

I have really reevaluated my priorities and my current job is enough. I have decided to really look into summer internships, and if I can't get one of those I will just get a job bartending over the summer, and an on campus job for the school year. I can't be expected to sacrifice my healthy for a job that isn't a career aspiration. Now when to tell them I quit is the tough part. I will be there at least through march if not April, still kind of fine tuning my budget to see just how long I can last without a job on the money I have saved.

My theater show opened last night and so far its a hit! Which is a nice relief. I am playing catch up this weekend for all the homework I haven't done, due to the show, and filling out some applications for internships/new job. Hoping to start insanity back Monday, taking the weekend to enjoy my short amount of time with my parents. I haven't seen them since christmas day, and I am not sure when the next time I can see them will be.

Hope you are all doing fabulous, and I will be keeping up with y'all for the rest of the month, promise :)

-meghan
  • greenhumanclay
    greenhumanclay Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies,

Hope everyone has a great day!

Meghan btw I live in San Jose it's about 45 minutes south of S.F. Sorry to hear about all the tummy issues caused by the stress, sounds like you need to look for a new job for sure. bar tending sounds fun i used to want to be a bartender but didn't want to give up my social life lol. Im sure you can bring in some good tips though. Congrats on the NSV that is awesome and a nice healthy loss!

stylistntenn Sounds like you have your goals on lock great job! I think I will repost mine too and see if Im on track or far off. Congrats on the 5 pound loss thats incredible in such a short time and giving up the soda thats a major health benefit right there.

GreenHumanClay (Cynthia) Continue to train for my 1/2, increase h20, 1-2 days of R&R, eat less than 10% of boxed food items, lose 2 pounds, weight train 3xs/week, sleep more, focus and stay on top of my current school program and enjoy this month more than last!!

So far I've stayed on top of my training plan sick and all. water intake is good, not resting enough actually I should take a rest day tomorrow since I haven't in 12 days, my eating has been okay I feel like I ate at restaurants more than I planned but making the best choices I could, weight training is 3xs per week religiously, sleep meh :ohwell:, school has been kicking my *kitten* I have to work twice as hard to do okay than the average person it feels, Im much more of a hands on learner. This month has been crappy worse than January so I know now what March goals should look like! As far as losing two pounds ya right I can't even lose 1 with all the weight training Im staying the same weight but have lost a couple inches, reason why i gave up the scale for Lent but do get prof. measured every 4 weeks so thats what I will use to gauge my progress. Have to go to school in a bit and plan to do a short run/weights after, as far as tomorrows long run Ill see I've had heel pan and noticed yesterday that my heel has a fews looking blood clots Im sure thats not what it is but it looks like small reddish bruises never had it before so i will take it easy. thats it for me ladies will catch up tomorrow or maybe later if I have time! have great weekend! :bigsmile: Cynthia!
  • kendib
    kendib Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday ladies!!!! This is my one day to sleep in and do whatever I want with little to no obligations.

Meag - I agree with the Herbal Life $$$ scheme. I'm too cheap to do that and would rather spend my money on other things. I have a great supply of easy, healthy 30 minute meals that I use during the week. I am always looking for new recipes to try though. I tend to cook more complex meals during the weekend when I have the time. Yes, the in-laws do usually have the typical Southern diet. I grew up in Southern New Mexico and came to Oklahoma for college so even after all these years the diet still shocks me sometimes since it isn't what I would eat as a default.

As for the caffeine...I stopped drinking carbonated drinks first and cut myself down to 1 cup of coffee in the mornings. So I have been slowly dropping the amount of caffeine. As for stopping all together there are multiple reasons. 1. Don't want to be dependent on a substance to function in the morning. 2. The hubs is having a hard time drinking to much caffeine so is trying to cut back and quit as well, so to support him. 3. We would like to have a baby in the near future so caffeine isn't healthy then and would rather have it under control now. The no caffeine has been a challenge and I didn't start until after I had used all of my regular coffee. I bought decaf tea and coffee so I can still have something hot in the mornings and that kind of tricks my mind into thinking its awake. This isn't a permanent choice. I completely cut out carbonated drinks until I was no longer wanting one every day or with every meal and then reintroduced them into my life, as a sporadic and occasional drink choice. I think caffeine will be the same if I can get myself off of it.

Cynthia - I understand about giving up the scale. I have to put mine up or I will get on in every day. I pull it out once a week and then up it goes again. I agree about the rest day but sometimes finding the time to rest is hard. I've been there and could do it again if necessary but after I got my degree I was so burned out on everything I didn't want to do anything. I hope you do find the time to rest and have a day to do something fun and let your body recoup. The CPR training sounds interesting. We have to rectified in this every year and I usually leave the class feeling intimated about actually performing it if needed. Hopefully the class will teach you what you need to know.

Stylistntenn - Good job keeping to this months goals. It's motivating to see and make me want to do better on my own.

meghan - Congrats on the weight loss and smaller sizes of clothing. I'm sure the job situation will work out for the best. It sounds like you are thinking through things before acting and hopefully the result will be what you are hoping for.

AFM - Having a planned girls night tonight with all kinds of snacks and drinks and just hanging out. I am super excited. The meetings I was stressing over went well and pretty much how I thought they would go. I don't know why I second guess myself, I know my stuff. Haven't been as faithful running this week and am ready to pick it up next week.

Hope you all have a great, relaxing, fun-filled weekend.

Kendi
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Bumping this... Because I AM going to post. I just need some time and have been swamped and emotionally overdrawn the last little while. You guys are doing great though! Nearly the end of Feb and looks like many of us are sticking to our goals.

Quick update from me. Ran my LONGEST run ever yesterday -15.06 miles! :noway: I actually ran a huge loop through the boundaries of 3 adjacent cities and it was awesome. Nearly 5 miles along hilly country roads, lots to see and a lot of time to just be alone and have some peace of mind. I very much spend that time *NOT* thinking, expressly. It's my running time. I don't want it bogged down with all my life bullsh*t :laugh: After about mile 11 my hips and feet were killing me, but I persevered and it felt good. I know that 30K is going to be trying on my joints but I CAN and WILL do it. It's just a matter of will and determination.

Anyway! Its GORGEOUS outside. I walked to/from the gym today and did some weight circuit training but now I'm off to enjoy the day. Have a fabulous Sunday ladies. We'll catch up very soon :heart:
  • lalonmeg000
    lalonmeg000 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    kendi- have fun with your girls night!

meag- woo hoo! Great run ! You are going to rock that 30k

AFM: My parents came and it was great to see them and get to talk to them about everything going on face to face. We agreed that would happily support in my decision to quit this bank job if I agreed to stay through April so that I could save as much money as possible and all my bills would be paid off. I also and quiting my dance team which is bitter sweet. I love to dance and always will, but this team is more concerned with fame and its becoming an added stress. I dance for the fun of it, not because I expect recognition. I will just find me a relax studio to take classes at :)

Tomorrow is going to be a hard day all around, I gotta muster up the confidence to tell everyone I am letting things go in my life that is no longer a priority. It will be hard, because I don't want to be seen as a quiter...but I am not really quiting, I am reprioritizing...i gave that a job almost 2 years, and the dance team 3.5 years, I have grown up and its just time to move on....

Starting insanity back tomorrow and I can't wait! It feels good to have time again to do that.

Hope everyone's weekend has been great :)

-meghan
  • greenhumanclay
    Options
    Morning ladies,

Kendi Hope your girls night was fun! Th class was okay I always leave feeling like I still don't know exactly what to do lol and this is about my 4th recertification! Im with you on the caffeine consumption I stopped drinking coffee which was my choice of caffeine about 16 weeks ago or so could be longer but i do know i stopped on a Monday good luck and it's not a permanent choice for me either later on Ill com back around to it but for now Im okay without it!

Meag WOW Congrats thats amazing I haven't done a long run like that in a few weeks and plan to this coming weekend suck to be swamped with homework.. Hope you hips aren't to bad today take it easy!!

Meg Good luck missy I bet thats tough but it's for your own good! The bank job sounds more like a burden anyways and the dance team does't sound like it suits you good luck with all that let us know how it turns out, have fun kicking some insane *kitten*!! :wink:

AFM I took a rest day yesterday first one in 13 days and I needed it but still didn't feel like a rest day because i had grocery shopped prepared some of my meals/snacks did laundry and about 4 hours worth of homework I was done with everything around 9:15pm Went to bed and I might actually take another day off to let my body fully recover and do some homework tonight and get that out of the way so I can really focus on running/weight training Tuesday. Trying to long 30-35 miles running this week and 3 weight training sessions which I have been doing great at so far this month!

Well off to work hope you ladies have a great Monday!! Cynthia!
  • eleanoreb
    eleanoreb Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Hey all

almost the end of the month!! I'm sure most of you will have killed your goals this month! I keep reading about all the awesome workouts people are doing.

Abby- Yep i'm in a weekly recreational league for soccer. it's co-ed and my team is really nice, so it's a lot of fun. And it's nice to do a different kind of exercise.Your town looks very pretty even if it's small. Did you grow up there?

Meag-I go to RR in the Glebe, but there is one closer to downtown. I just like to go further away from my work. Wow amazing run yesterday!! thats awesome. you will definitely be ready for your 30k.

I have been running a lot, and trying to go to yoga more ( I realized I have less thena month to use up all my passes before they expire..eek). I have been struggling with my cals lately. I have been feeling really hungry as I'm increasing my running mileage and I am eating more and not healthy enough. In terms of weight management I don't think marathon training is the best. I'd rather be doing interval and speed burst and have more time for cross training...ah well, just a few more months of this.. Top priority for now needs to be on getting ready for the marathon and having enough energy etc and trying not to panick or focus too much on weight fluctuations..

Any body giving up anything for lent? I dont do lent but I should exercise some self control and try and give up something..
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Lovelies!! I apologize for being slightly MIA. I started to post something on Friday but it was lacking enthusiasm so I thought I would erase it and come back when I felt like I could address everyone properly. So here goes nothing...

Abby – hope you are having an amazing time on your vacation!! And I think $150 is hardly anything when you are investing in something that is gonna change my quailty of life. Trust me, its a lot of money for me to spend because I am very frugal but still sounds totally worth it to me. I’m hoping you didn’t pull a calf muscle.

Kendi – glad to hear that the no-caffeine train is moving right along for you. And one of my favorite parts about this whole journey is finding new ways to be creative with old habits. My co-worker was the one that first introduced me to this site and it was so much fun coming into work each day and sharing our new finds. I have fallen off the wagon numerous times since then and she fell off and she isn’t even a speck in the distance anymore. But I am always lookin get creative with my calories. So what did you and the bestie end up doing for your girl’s night out?

Meag – I am hoping that one day I could meet up with some fellow MFPers!! Especially if I could find ones in my area. I definitely need more people in my bubble that share my healthy lifestyle. But it is definitely nice to put a face with a screen name. Years ago I used to be very active in the AOL chat rooms and one weekend we decided to have a bonfire. It was so nice to be able to finally put faces with screen names. And I will take any and all recipes you are willing to send my way!! I am a baker and not a cooker (haha) so I can use all the help I can get. And great job on you run!!! Sounds like you definitely had some great scenery so there was no need for useless thinking and mindless thoughts!

Cynthia – so glad to hear that you are back to 100%!! Although it sounds like you are running on little energy!! So great job on finally taking a rest day!! I am sure your body more than appreciated it.

Stylist – glad to hear that your February goals are coming along so nicely!! I am sure you will finish out the month with a bang!!

Meghan – sounds like you have had a lot on your plate lately!! Glad that you finally went to the doctor’s though. Sounds like it was much needed and that loss on the scale should have been a little boost of encouragement. And kudos for taking the time to re-evaluate things in your life and figure out what changes needed to be made to make things better for you! Congrats on the theater show being a hit!! I Enjoy the time with your parents!! I’m headed out to Arizona next month to go and visit my parents since I haven’t seen them since they moved away last summer. I will definitely be sending good thoughts and prayers your way as you begin to start the next chapter of your life by letting go of the things that just aren’t fitting into your lifestyle.

Eleanore – hope that you are able to get things sorted out with the calories!! And I am not Catholic so I didn’t give up anything for Lent but I like the idea behind it and still might give up something for a period of time. I will keep you updated.

AFM...my brother has yet to move in but I think that will be taking place this week. I love my brother to death and he is one of my best friends but I feel that he will just expect me to take care of him. And I’m sorry but he is a grown man and I already have 2 kids to take care of that need my attention. So when he does finally move in, I am going to set ground rules. It completely sucks that I have to do that but I will not allow him to take advantage of the situation and then both of us be upset with each other and the situation. I had an amazing weekend with family but it was not good food-wise or exercise-wise. I think I might have gained back everything that I have lost so far but I’m not gonna let it get to me because I wouldn’t have traded that quality time with my family for anything!! I only got one run in last week for C25K so I will be working on week 2 again this week. W2D1 is scheduled for tonight. As soon as I’m done here, I will be rummaging through sales sheets to plan my meals for the week. Once I get them figured out then I will post them (I need the accountability).

Hope everyone has a wonderful week and makes every moment count as we near the end of the month!

Question of the day – what is the one NSV that you are looking forward to the most? Big or small!!

For me – wearing shorts to the country bar that I go to every Friday and feeling confident in them that I look good and that my inner thighs aren’t waving at everyone!!
  • meagalayne
    Options
    OK! Here I am... I've got 15 minutes to type out some replies, so we'll see how far I get!

First off - I've got a batch of experimental muffins in the oven right now. Some spice cake mix, pumpkin puree, and greek yogurt. We'll see how they turn out :huh:

Guam - It is SO nice to put a face to a name! Meeting up with Gonks and Cait was so lovely last summer. We are still in touch every once in a while, but our lives have gotten so busy that much has gotten in the way. But we are hoping to plan a rendezvous again and I will definitely cherish the memories I have from our weekend of racing and the many months of support, love and friendship on here :smile: They will definitely have a place in my heart for a long time.

I've got a boat load of running friends in my area now that I have hooked up with on MFP and cannot wait to race with them this spring. I've only met on in RL so far, but many more to come. There are 5 of us racing in March together and I know that I will meet more as racing season approaches. I am eager to visit all over the US in the next year, so if ANYONE's got a couch they want to lend to a freak run-cation-er, let me know! :bigsmile:

Ahhh back to you! :blushing: Re: Brothers... It sounds like your brother wants a mom, not a sister. Or at least you think he might. My brother would be very much the same. In need of constantly being looked after or managed. But he's not your kid and you have own responsibilities to tend to. It sounds like you've got your priorities straight. Maybe he just needs a wake up call? Good luck with your continued success on C25K girlie. I know you'll get there! And shorts at a country bar sounds like a PERFECT goal! I want to come! Pleaaasseee take me if I ever make it down for a visit! :bigsmile: Sounds like SO much fun! I've always wanted to hit up a proper country bar....None around here, though, that's for sure!

QOTD - My biggest NSV/Goal right now would be finishing the Around the Bay 30K, but I know I'll do it and I'm not giving myself the option not to. Other than that, it would be finding a job doing something I love and finally being free of this awfulness I endure every day. I hate feeling "stuck"

El - I have been feeling the same. My mileage is up and I am starving, constantly. And craving not very healthy foods at all :ohwell: I haven't been weighing but I feel like I have definitely put on a little weight in my mid-section. So weird for an endurance runner to struggle with this, but it is tough. Day in day out. Yoga helps - that's for sure. At least to ease my mind a bit. Don't panic though. You'll figure it out and if you do gain a few you know exactly how to get them off. Just train and eat if your body is craving fuel. Drink lots and LOTS of water (I'm dying of thirst lately too) and stick to it. You'll get there :bigsmile: Did I mention LOTS of water and yoga? :laugh: Just kidding. But use up those classes! May as well, you paid for em!

Cynth - Thanks! and glad to hear you took a rest day! sheesh - 13 days without one?!? Whattdya doing!??! :laugh: Enjoy it girl! Hips are feeling a bit better. I think my whole body was just achey and sore from being on my feet for 2h40mins, to be honest. Just takes some time to heal up. 30miles is a BIG ask for running in one week. I know you can do it, but make sure it's not at the expense of your body. Aiming for goals that put us at risk for injury is just no good at all. End motherly lecture :tongue:

Eeep Time is way up, and then some. Catch up with you all soon! Love! :heart:
  • meagalayne
    Options
    One day left ladies!! :drinker: Where are you all?

Here's the goal list for your reference... How has your progress stacked up? You've still got one more day to make it count, so get your a$$es out there and make good on your commitment to yourself tomorrow.

~Allie7383- PR in my Disney Half Marathon, be under 145, log 5 days a week and drink at least 8 glasses of water every day.
    ~Skreal89 - break the 210 mark for the first time in 3 years; run 4 miles without a walking break; burn 6000 calories a week working out; eat all of my daily calories instead of eating low and being hungry all the time.
    ~Catrina9785 - actually finish the 30DS, work on completing my C25K, decrease my muffintop area by 0.5in, lose 5 lbs, start cooking more homemade healthy meals.
    ~courtneymal17-Lose at least 1 lb//week, workout 6 times a week, no fast food, & start running (Long term goal is to run a 5k in november!)
    ~jnbud2002- start working out 6 times a week with P90, drink at least one whole 3 qt ish jug of water while at work, lose at least 5 lbs, and start eating more homecooked meals
    ~adam4life - Swim 3 times a week, Bike at least 3, run at least 4. 3 hours of workouts per day. Push-ups and sit-ups in the morning and at night before bed. Keep up another solid month of no soda and no fast food. TRAIN HARD!!!
    ~Kaitthegr8t- go to the gym M/W/F and walk the park or beach Saturday AND Sunday. Cut carbs and eliminate beer all together. Only go out to eat twice this month :)
    ~strunkm4 - Run 100 miles this month, Lose 5 lbs, eat at least 1,200 calories a day.
    ~miss_amy- hit onederland this month!, lose at least 6lbs, work out 5-6x a week, making sure to get at least 2 arm/back workout days in every week, do more yoga!
    ~monkeypantz - Do some kind of cardio workout 6 days a week, no takeaways/ fast food, track food in MFP everyday, stay within calorie limit everyday
    ~StacyAnn1001 - work out 6 days a week, minimum an hour a day - double works out 3 times a week (cardio on my lunch for 45 mins, circuit training at night for 55 mins), learn how to use weights (this is the goal i didn't complete last month), get down to 120 lb by feb 29 (HAPPY LEAP YEAR!!!!), continue to NOT snack on cheese at home, book a vacation for March to somewhere tropical i can wear a bikini, continue to network on MFP and help support all my new friends on here :)
    ~lilieslosinit- I have one goal that is really important to me. I want to log everything, every day. I'm terrible at holding myself accountable. Other goals include: drinking 8 glasses of water, getting down to 160, and exercising 5 days per week.
    ~abby459 - Run 100 miles in Febuary (will be harder this month, less days and vaca!!) Keep up with my training plan for my 1/2 in April. Hopefully get to 135lbs. And since I have vacation from Feb 25 - March 3, I am making it a goal to work out a minimum of 4times over that week!!
    ~mkingraham (Megan)- stretch, drink at least 64oz of water a day, make heatlhy eating choices, and visit the gym
    ~ eleanoreb- El- rack up the running miles
    ~ moochachip (Emily)- Drink 8 glasses water a day, work out at the gym 3-4 times a week, run 4-5 days a week preparing for 5K in May.
    ~Maridelsol82 (Mari)- Drink at least 10 cups of water a day, weight train at least twice a week, and some type of cardio at least 3 or 4 times a week. Lose at least 4 pounds this month:)
    ~Jessie544- get below "lowest weight" (since I've been dieting) which is 175 (current weight 184.8) AKA lose 10 lbs, continue going to cardio classes and maybe try zumba (big maybe cuz they charge $11 a class!)
    ~Cassi_Eats_Apples- Knock off 5 pounds this month, try a Zumba or Aqua Zumba class. Do more strength training.
    ~Shannonaufman - Eat 1200 net calories; Drink 64 ounces of water on weekdays, 32 on weekends; exercise for 1000 minutes; burn 10000 calories; walk/run 30 miles this month. I wouldn't be devastated if I saw 161 on the scale at the end of the month.
    GreenHumanClay (Cynthia) Continue to train for my 1/2, increase h20, 1-2 days of R&R, eat less than 10% of boxed food items, lose 2 pounds, weight train 3xs/week, sleep more, focus and stay on top of my current school program and enjoy this month more than last!!
    ~Meagalayne- Complete 4 more weeks of ATB training (modified for my travel schedule) including a long run up to 14miles; weight train 2x per week + spin with CrazyCarl on Mondays; Try hot yoga; No weigh-ins after Feb 3rd until post ATB; allow myself to indulge while in Austin, but not to completely derail my progress with food and emotional eating; Start/Finish another novel on vacation.
    ~jublum- workout 4-5 days a week. each of those days include cardio, but each day i need to incorporate 15-20 of strength training which I have been lacking in. Also, to stay on tracking and meet my calorie goal everyday!
    ~lalonmeg000 (meghan) Finish up Insanity, only 4.5 more weeks! Continue eating healthy by grocery shopping 1x/week so I can get fresh fruits and veggies. Do 1 thing this month that is fun, for me just because I am worth it (ie, a new shirt, a pedi, massage etc)
    ~KCrandi-I'd like to fit into size 10 Jeans. BUT the goal I'm setting is to Work out atleast once everyday, as well as drink atleast 8 glasses of water/day.
    ~btor- My goals for this month are to not drink pop, work out a minimum of 5 days a week for an hour each time, and to eat more veggies!
    ~Stylistntenn - My goals this month: to lose 7 lbs, to keep increasing my exercise and treadmill time as I get in better shape, also decrease my diet soda intake and up my water. :) Good luck to everyone!
    ~Alcavin08-My goals for this month are to drink at least 8 glasses of water 7 days a week, be more active, eat more fruits and veggies, and be down in the mid 170's by the end of this month.
    ~clairification-Complete the 30 Day Shred, work out on breaks at work, eat more raw foods and remember to take my vitamins!
    ~GuamGrly (Bethany) - create a meal plan each week, workout 3-4 times per week, keep up with 5K training for the mud run on March 31st, consume no less than 64oz of water per day, up fruit and veggie intake
    ~CaliAliLouise- stick to my meal plan for the month, only eat out twice this month, work-out 6 days a week and get below 175!
    ~Twisted88- My goals for this month are to be under 225 by month's end, to workout at least 5 times a week, and to start bringing my dinner with me Tuesday-Thursday when I have class in the evening (10 out of 13 potential times if possible).
    ~alodell89 - My goals are to drink more water and to work out at least 4 days a week!
    ~ TonnaJai - lose 5 lbs, 6 glasses of water I want say 8 because I am beginning from old habits, use my elliptical Monday through Friday!
    ~melrose09 - run a 10k and get my 5k below 30 minutes. 5 second one arm handstand on EACH side, 4 press handstands in a row, perfect 2 man squat and at least 3 more acro tricks with my partner.
    ~siobhanhannon: workout 5x weekly including at least one pilates class to improve my posture; drink 3L of water a day (regularly not gulping down when I realise its been hours!), lose 8lb to bring me down to 160lbs, think positive and keep at it
    ~kendib - work out 6 days a week, enjoy my rest day, back to going to bed early, lose 6 pounds.
    ~jacksonsarah6 - work out 3 or 4 days a week, drink 6-8 glasses of water every day and finally see the scale move in the right direction!
    -ThisisMiss - Walk at least one hour every day with my DD, get more aerobics/dancing time in at least five days a week, drink more water, eat fewer carbs
    -nyfashionista19- Stick with my zumba for wii routine, while incorporating 30 DS starting on the 13th and complete it! Get under the 210 mark(7 lbs.to go!) and take my son for more stroller walks!-weather permitting
    -ser1019 : Drink 8-10 glasses of water a day, lose 6 pounds, eat more fruit/veggies, and work out 4-5 days a week for 1-2 hours. Good luck everyone!
    -ElleD89 - Lose at least 3 pounds, bring my running up to 25 miles/wk (currently at 18), and limit my drinking to one night a week.
    -charf88 - Try 30 Day Shred, but if i vomit work out by walking or doing a Zumba DVD at least 3 times a week
    ~zgolub - log in every day to MFP till end of month, work out every day off from work (I work 3 days a week), get up early one workday to work out, stick to under 2000 cals 5 days a week.
    -missgolightly727(Emily)- Run 3 days a week(stick to 10k training plan), spin 1 day a week, drink 3 water bottles full of water per day, track EVERYTHING, BREAK THIS STUPID PLATEAU!

Thursday I will post a new thread for March goals - Please stay tuned and join in on that one, as well. We could all use the continued motivation and support, I'm sure. This group is such a great resource. I would hate to see it be under-utilized :ohwell:

Love you ladies. Keep up the hard work. You're rocking it this month :drinker:
  • greenhumanclay
    Options
    Hey Ladies,

Bethany! I would agree with laying down the rules for your brother, I have three of them and I mentioned before I would actually only allow one of my brothers to live with me and I have actually for a few months ,I have a soft spot for hime plus he's my younger brother and I would do anything for that kiddo. I think it's great that your opening your home to him but tough also to find a balance where you don't want to be taken advantage of especially if they know you'll do anything for them but in the end if you cook, do his laundry just giving examples of what I ended up doing because I wanted his living situation to be great I ended up sacrificing too much and started to recent him but were good now so definitely lay it down!! good luck you seem to be a great communicator for some reason on these threads I get different vibes from everyone but good vibes but I can tell you seem like a nice person and have great comm. skills! well wait you did say you work in the car sales business right lol jk!! :wink:

Meag you're nsv goal sounds great, a 30k is a lot but of course if anyone can do it, it's you!! :bigsmile: I know 30 is a lot but I will definitely listen to my body and run every other day and take two days off if necessary! btw I want your pumpkin recipe i think this weekend I want to make churros from scratch with a healthy twist!!

AFM I had a very productive day woke up super early without an alarm finally some good rest! Did some weight training and ran 10 miles in under 100 minutes without having to rest up which is a first, usually I feel the need to rest for a few minutes at least, but today my mind was really into the music and I was in a groove and once I thought oh **** I better take a break I realized I only needed 3 miles so I thought I feel good might as well knock those out! Treated myself to a small hot cocoa and my guilt from yesterdays over eating/binging is gone, going to do some homework and read tonight and my goal for the week is to finish my hw before Friday girls night out plus I have a hair appt so thats also an incentive to finish up, need to go out and show it off! :tongue:

NSV What Im looking forward to is also wearing shorts, I haven't worn shorts in years let alone own a bathing suit, but I do plan on wearing shorts cuz after losing nearly 60 pounds and running solid for almost a year my legs are looking much better, still got the big thighs/legs but I doubt I can get rid of that Im just built that way!!

As far as my goals I haven't really lost any weight maybe one pound not sure but I have lost inch(es) which of course is a better indicator since I weight train consistently, so although I might not weigh less I'm shrinking sloooowly very slowly and gaining strength! Other than that my other goals have been good except for Feb was a ****ty month overall but I still managed to push threw it March will definitely be better! Need to take R&R days more frequently and not every 10-15 days.. Im soo stubborn! Well thats it for me ladies until tomorrow hope you all have a fantastic Hump Day!! Cynthia! :bigsmile:
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Happy Eve of the final day of February Lovelies!!

Meag – I think I might have actually met a fellow MFPer that I will be racing with in the near future. I am very excited about this. And she actually lives like 10 minutes from me. She is thinking about signing up to run my 5K with me in April and I might end up signing up for a mud run with her in September. Yay…I’m super excited!! Another thing to keep me on track with my training. And “when” you make it out to southern California, I will definitely take you to a country bar. I was going regularly every Friday night but my friend and I had a slight falling out. She seems to have recovered since then but we have yet to go. I really miss it cause its such a great workout and I have so much fun doing it.

In regards to my brother…he is definitely looking for a mother-figure. Let me see if I can give you the Cliff’s notes version…my dad passed away when I was 14 and my brother was 11. My mom met my stepdad just 6 months later. I think her focus should have been her kids. Don’t get me wrong, I completely want her to be happy but I think she should have waited to get us through, or at least into, high school before focusing on herself. So he was left to pretty much fend for himself at a crucial time in his life. He has never bounced back from that and has continued to fail because of it. We have joked on numerous occasions that I am more of his mother than his mother. So I kinda think that at this point in time, it is up to me to push him in the direction he needs to be pushed. But I need to seriously sit down with him and discuss his goals and intentions. It’s hard being a parent to a 27-year old but he is actually living under my roof so I do have the ability to make the rules. We shall see!!

Cynthia – definitely will not being doing his laundry!! I refuse to let him throw off my routine that I have finally gotten my kids and me into. He is more than welcome to eat dinner with us if there is enough but I can’t go out of my way for him. I need to push him to get a job and get his GED. While he lives with me, these will be the rules. And I do much better communicating in writing rather than verbally. I am not good with confrontations. So I really need to sit down and write out exactly what my expectations are of him before I decide to hold this conversation with him. Haha…and yes, I am in the car business but there is no possible way that I could be a car saleswoman!! So glad to hear that you had such a wonderful and productive day today!! What do you girls have planned for your night out on Friday??

February goals…
    ~GuamGrly (Bethany) - create a meal plan each week, workout 3-4 times per week, keep up with 5K training for the mud run on March 31st, consume no less than 64oz of water per day, up fruit and veggie intake
    Meal plans have yet to be completed but I am doing much better at cooking meals for me and the kiddos. Workouts each week have been hit or miss but I am on target for 3 this week. 5K training is coming along although I decided to forego the mud run at the end of March so that I could continue 5K training and not get discouraged for not being prepared. However, I do have a 5K on April 22nd. Water intake has definitely increased but I haven’t hit 8 glasses per day every day. Fruits and veggies are slowly but surely coming along. I think my daughter is doing better than I am cause I pack them for her in her lunch each day. But I think that I have been more on track this month than many other months in the past. I am not necessarily worried about the number on the scale because I feel like I am finally back into a routine.

AFM…made it to the gym last night to finally re-start W2 of C25K. My run was nothing close to being exciting. I wasted 550 calories during breakfast so I was paying for it the rest of the day. And I have just been taking my headphones to the gym so that I can hook them up to the machine and watch tv (I seem to do better with that than music which is very odd to me) but that part of the machine I got on wasn’t working. But I powered through it and I’m looking forward to my run tomorrow. I have been doing pretty good about logging my food though. Had a mommy and me date night with my daughter tonight and she wanted In-N-Out and then I took her bowling so I burned off some of those calories. But I knew I was gonna be going there tonight so I could plan my day around it. I came home tonight and got my pork loin roast prepped and in the Crock Pot so that my brother can turn it on for me tomorrow and I will (hopefully) have a yummy dinner to come home to.

Well Lovelies (for the ones that stuck around), we are getting an extra day in February to make it count so lets do just that! Make Leap Day, like every day, worth it!!

Quote of the Day - "Don't count the days, make the days count."
    Muhammad Ali
  • JulieH3art
    JulieH3art Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join this?? I never saw this group before, it looks great! My "goal" would be to finally see the 55 number on my scale. :)
  • MzKnappiiRed
    MzKnappiiRed Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm currently losing weight. None of my friends understand my struggle with weight loss. I would love to get updates and stuff. I could definitely use the motivation!!!!
  • kendib
    kendib Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Happy Last Day of February!

meag - being able to "not" think during a run is one of the reasons I like to run. It's nice to know that I have no responsiblities during that time except to myself. It has become my escape.

meghan - Changing paths in life can be hard, scary and stressful. It sounds like you have thought through your options and are choosing what is best for you. Good luck and I hope everything goes well.

Cynthia - Congrats on the 10 miles. I am still working on my distance. I usually like to see the inches come off and am more excited about that than weight. I have never been big weight until I had too much of it.

Bethany - We ended up going to the next town over, city really and having dinner and hanging out. It was nice to get out of town for an evening and even though we see each other almost everyday at the gym, it was great to talk without being at they gym. I'm on week 4 of the C25k program. In the past I have repeated weeks as needed.

AFM - girls night last week was great! One night was unplanned and was so much fun. She was my college roommate and so we had a lot to talk about. The planned girls night was great. We had wine and yummy snacks. One girl brought strawberry crepes and they were amazing.

Was looking at my Feb. goals and haven't done very well. So March's goal will simply be: get my MOTIVATION back!!!

Hope you all have a great Leap Day!

Kendi
  • meagalayne
    Options
    OH my heavens! It's nearly March ! :noway: Where has the month gone....!

New challenge for March is up and ready to go - You can find it here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/509384-kicking-a-in-our-twenties-march-challenge-take-2

Feel free to post your results from Feb in the new thread and start updating with your Mar goals once you have them sorted :bigsmile: To those who are interested in joining, sign up in our new thread with your goals and start posting. We'd love to have your input, encouragement and support :flowerforyou:

Kendib - Running is like my best kept secret for escaping the bullsh*t that is real life some days. Having that time to just be quiet and alone, and escape the nonsense of RL and all the overwhelming/irritating/just plain frustrating things that tend to clutter my days is priceless. I cherish it. And yes - I refuse to let anyone take it from me! :laugh: May be selfish but that time is MY time. And I don't find the same escape with any of my other activities... Spinning is a close 2nd. Yoga is entirely different, altogether. It's just not as easy to find "quiet" doing anything else. Running is in a league of it's own in that regard, IMO.

Bethany - I hear you loud and clear, girl. My brother is VERY much the same. Except he has *no* excuse. He just has no motivation or inspiration to work hard at what he wants and he settles for not ever reaching his potential. He dropped out of school, multiple times, despite being very bright, he's given up on anything he could have been really good at had he really tried, his personal life is a mess because he can't wrap his head around not being a selfish d*ck towards his friends/family, and he's largely ostracized himself. Makes you wonder if some people don't just make life harder than it needs to be to have an excuse to always give up... Who knows! Sure I'm being hard on him but it seems to me like tough love is what he needs most. My parents have coddled him forever and that's why he's never getting anywhere - no expectations. Sounds like your brother just needs someone to keep him accountable, hold his feet to the fire, and say "you have no choice but to succeed and do right by yourself" -- it's not easy but he owes it to himself to get *kitten* done and done right. Just like we all owe it to ourselves to put US first - at least some of the time :wink: It's easy to feel frustrated and resentful when you have to parent a grown up - been there! - so here's hoping he doesn't make it too hard on you. Vent here whenever you need to girl. We'll be here to listen :flowerforyou:

Cynthia - what pumpkin recipe? The muffins? Oh it wasn't anything exciting... I just used spice cake mix, some pumpkin puree and greek yogurt. I wouldn't really recommend it :ohwell: Then again, I'm not super keen on muffins either. I gave all of them to Tyler to eat :laugh: He's like my food-experiment-repository... Whatever you end up making from scratch, please post about it! Any new foodie idea make me very very happy! I love the inspiration.

AFM - I made flatout pizza for the first time tonight. Not too shabby. With a side of roasted asparagus, of course :blushing: Can't escape my veggie addiction! Got up at 5am to hit the gym before work and will be doing the same tomorrow, so I better run. Here's what dinner looked like at my place tonight:
    IMAG0254-1.jpg

Would love for us all to start sharing more pics with one another. I'd love to see life from YOUR perspective. So post 'em if you've got 'em! See you in March ladies! :drinker:

Love ya ! :heart: