Things you see at the Gym

Options
Ok, so I know we are there for our workouts but the Gym is a soap opera full of very interesting characters.

It never ceases to amaze me when I am in the locker room and women walk around butt *kitten* naked. Boobs flapping around everywhere not to mention that spider about to jump at me. And why is that the time they pick to have a full on convo. LADY: the barrier on personal space increases with nakedness.

Dont get me started on the dude who wears NO underwear with his teeny workout shorts......

What do you see in the Gym that makes you go....WTH????

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    It happens in the male locker room as well. It's always the older guys, I think it's a generational thing.
  • armon403
    armon403 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I get a kick out of the newbies walking on the treadmill drinking from their fast-food cup. I know you have to start somewhere but can you NOT stop at McDs on the way to the gym? or at least leave your super sized drink in your car?
  • cekeys
    cekeys Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    People working out in jeans ALWAYS makes me laugh.

I once saw a woman working out in jeggings. That's right, jean colored leggings.
  • MellisaCruz
    Options
    People working out in jeans ALWAYS makes me laugh.

I once saw a woman working out in jeggings. That's right, jean colored leggings.

I saw her working out this morning...lolol :)
  • NeshBeMe
    NeshBeMe Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    OMG!! Don't get me started. Ok, you forced my hand. Here goes:

1. They newbies with the very coordinated workout clothes, hair and makeup flawless walking extremely slow on the treadmill so they can still text and not sweat.
    2. The guy that is drinking a diet coke while on the elliptical.
    3. The guy that is CLEARLY there to just pick up woman (I pretend not to hear him talking)
    4. The guy running on the treadmill in jeans and his work shirt.
    5. The girl last night on the treadmill in snow boots (it was 60 degrees yesterday, might I add.)
  • sar_leo
    sar_leo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I practice hot yoga, and I think my favourite was seeing a girl in a class wearing tight jean capris.

Those restrict regular movements, let alone any yoga poses. And how would denim be comfortable in a 98 degree room?!?
  • Jazzmagic
    Jazzmagic Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Oooo where do I start....?

- The girls who go in groups to basically wear teenie tiny tops and shorts, and have a gossip, not work out!
    - The women who feel it necessary to wear their shorts very low and their thongs up under their armpits.
    - The people who sweat so badly it covers the entire machine, and then fail to wipe it clean....
    - The people who have headphones in and make very scary (pretty embarrasing grunting/groans) because, ok, they're working hard but really don't do it?! take your headphones out and you'll hear why everyone and I mean everyone is staring at you! - I cringe for them!
  • merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    argh! Ok people using the equipment as a bar /pick up stool.
    People who smell bad lol
    men who are lifting more weight than they should with really bad form.
    Very few women lifting weights which is sad because women NEED to do strength training.
  • seanian
    seanian Posts: 103
    Options
    Girls in Uggs on the treadmill trying to look cute and wont move fast enough to break a sweat
    Naked old guys in the locker room that seem to enjoy being naked way too much
    People who get on an elleptical/treadmill/bike for 5-10 minutes and go home
    The people who focus more on their playlist than their work out.
  • merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I love love love going early in the morning- you get your serious workout folks and not the pick up bar scene at that time!
  • MellisaCruz
    Options
    -Men who wear no underwear with shorts and get on the Hip Abductor machine. Everytime they open their legs the one eye bandits comes out and winks...

;)
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    the naked guys that wanna have a convo and that can't ever seem to find there clothes.
    the lady at the gym doing cardio who has on her headhones but sing loudly and claps so we the whole gym can hear her
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Chicks who come with their boyfriends to the gym and then sit against the wall or on an unused machine to watch him work out.
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    My gym is pretty awesome. I don't see anything all the weird.
    All the newbs are getting annoying though...and Monday nights are crazy packed.
    I'm excited for when most of them fall off the wagon. Is that mean of me? :blushing:
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I'd seen leg warmers over leggings, rockin' it like it's 1985.

I try not to judge the women wearing makeup tooo much, only because I go straight from work with my makeup on. Of course, I don't look like I'm going to the club.

I did see one woman, obviously never having done step aerobics before, come to class without sneakers on. She went through the whole step class barefoot...
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    I never really see anything out of the ordinary ... that is until this one guy comes in. He's always wearing jeans and a wife beater, and speaks in a very faint YELL. He's always working out in the area with weights.. though I don't watch him to know his routine. Along with his big mouth, he brings the most vulgar tales to the gym.. most of them about his roundabout with some broad. He goes into great detail, and doesn't scrimp on the dirty words .. or cuss words.

Also, I tend to catch quite a few people who use the machine, sweat profusely all over the machine, then leave. Oh WHY am I so observant?!
  • Deedsie
    Deedsie Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    LOL- There was someone in snow boots on the treadmill!

I am guilty of the naked thing <<<blushing>>> I guess I figured since I don't look at other people that they weren't looking at me.

The weird thing I see all the time is the places some people stand to spot each other. I sorry but I don't think if you are really spotting someone you should be on your iphone playing blitz or something 10 ft from your friend.
  • seanian
    seanian Posts: 103
    Options
    The naked thing isn't super bad I mean there are showers and steam rooms in my gym so whatever. Sometimes it gets kinda crazy though. One time I swear I walked in and there was a naked chinese dude around 55 years old with a pot belly just doing tai chi poses....
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    The guys who want to hold a long conversation in the shower. (we have a common shower stall with 8 heads) You want to talk about racing or the superbowl, lets do it at the bar or at work. But while your standing there sudsing your man junk, were not going to talk about the giants/pats thank you.
  • OKmac3
    OKmac3 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    There is one guy that comes in and wears jeans while walking the treadmill. He has it at a some what fast pace walk but as he is walking he holds on for dear life and acts like he can not keep up the the treadmill and about falls off every ten seconds or so. Bless his heart for doing the best he can with what he has.