Things you see at the Gym

Options

Replies

• ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    The people who use an 10% incline on the treadmill, but then hold on to the sides or top of the TV.
    Really? You aren't getting the benefit of the incline, if you are supporting yourself, lower the incline and use your legs churning to keep up!
  • petergalvin
    Options
    How about the numpty who thinks it is ok to blow dry his meat and two veg?

Most of the other things I see in the gym....

The huffy puffys make me laugh, all the effort and grunting lifting a weight!
    The ladies more interested in the makeup or their phone.
    The blokes checking themselves out in the mirror
    People wearing clothing too small for themselves
    Dropping of the weights!
    How about people using a locker, but not locking it! Always amazes me!

I myself am guilty of.....
    Sweating too much, but I carry a towel and wipe down
    Using a high incline, but in my defence, was told holding on is ok, just not gripping for dear life :-)

Personally my gym has just refurbished the male changing room from cubicals to a common shower area. Now when I played rugby and I knew everyone it is not a problem, but I am not comfortable showering in fornt of people I do not know.
  • MellisaCruz
    Options
    The Ex-Cons who walk around after bench pressing a million pounds giving everybody mean looks. Listen Bro, You dont have to mean mug me, I can tell by the build of your muscles you're a jail bird, I will gladly stay out of your way!!

JUST DONT SHANK ME!
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    There's this one dude, he's actually a good guy, I talk to him once in a while, just a little... off. He does hard workouts about 5 or 6 times a week but before & after each one he enjoys a good long smoke just outside the gym. It kinda surprises me how hard he can go even with the smoking habit.

hmm... maybe it's not tobacco.
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    2. The guy that wears a snorkel and swim mask on the stationary bike (p.s. my gym doesn't have a pool or sauna)
    This is was probably a (poor mans) Training Mask. Used to simulate high elevation training. Pretty big in MMA and other cardio sports right now.
    www.trainingmask.com
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    The Ex-Cons who walk around after bench pressing a million pounds giving everybody mean looks. Listen Bro, You dont have to mean mug me, I can tell by the build of your muscles you're a jail bird, I will gladly stay out of your way!!

JUST DONT SHANK ME!

Note to self: NEVER VISIT DELUTH GEORGIA!
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    There's this guy that goes to work out in ..... pajama jeans... yup.. pajama jeans.

He wore fishnet like pants another time and zebra print pants.....although they should really be more like tights! And he's never met a mirror he did not like! hah!
  • TXCountryChick
    TXCountryChick Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My gym is pretty awesome. I don't see anything all the weird.
    All the newbs are getting annoying though...and Monday nights are crazy packed.
    I'm excited for when most of them fall off the wagon. Is that mean of me? :blushing:

Mondays are ridiculous at my gym as well. Not mean at all. I feel the same way.

Also, I hate the people who just walk around the gym staring at everyone. Really you going to pay for a membership to aimlessly walk around the gym? To each their own but really. Being 400lbs you think they'd take advantage of the machines or the pool.
  • TXCountryChick
    TXCountryChick Posts: 16 Member
    Options

JUST DONT SHANK ME!

I literally just LOL'd! That's great! We have some of those at my gym too.
  • armon403
    armon403 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    people using towels as floormats as they dry themselves and get dressed...

guilty... I hate touching the nasty locker room floor.
  • armon403
    armon403 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I hope you do realize that the same people you are making fun of probably have the same feelings about some of you!

Well of course they are! Duh!! That's what this thread is all about. The humorous and sometimes agravating things that happen to you at the gym. Sometimes you're the observer. Sometimes you're the observed. I sometimes am a grunter at the end of a hard lifting set. I try not to be too loud but I'm sure I occaisionally offend some. I'm gasping for air like I've been running for my life in between intervals.We all have our quirks (except you of course :wink: ). The appropraite clothing and behavior issues can be aggravating when you have to share the same space with people sometimes it can be irritating. Sometimes we can be the irritated and sometimes we are the irritator. It's a healthy to vent a little sometimes. :happy:

So there! :tongue:
  • danibabs
    danibabs Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    People working out in jeans ALWAYS makes me laugh.

I once saw a woman working out in jeggings. That's right, jean colored leggings.

Lol I just saw yesterday that LuLuLemon actually makes a "denim" patterned workout pant. Not sure how much it actually looks like jeans but...
  • emiliewright
    emiliewright Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Maybe it just me, but some of the posters spending to much time looking what other people are doing and not at the task at hand. get in. knock it out, get out.

I love this!

However, I must put in my two cents.
    The ridiculous women that come in chalk full of makeup with a bottle of perfume on and jump on next to you while you are killing yourself and gag you with their diva bull crap! NOT A FAN..go home.
  • DEBAUD
    DEBAUD Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    At my work we have a gym w/ changing room, there is a curtain to change behind but I always walk in on the girl that likes to change out in the open......no panties and a lot of flab that I don't want to see!!!! I also get a kick out of the girl walking on the treadmill in clogs.
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    bump... i so needed this humor today... ;)
  • danibabs
    danibabs Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I used to go to a women's gym with a large open locker area. Some people changed in the bathrooms but I never had a problem getting naked in the main area. I didn't hang around but whatever, we all have the same parts so who cares. And I wasn't the only one who did either.
    Now I'm not a mom so maybe I don't understand, but one night as I was half naked, a woman walked into the locker room after working out with her son, who was maybe 5 or 6 (there's a day care in the gym). It wasn't in and out either, she was in there changing for a while. Why not just leave him in daycare for 10 more mins? I dunno, I just found it super innapropriate and uncomfortable.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Okay I have to agree with the girls wearing Uggs at the gym...it isn't just on treadmills here. I actually saw a girl lifting the other day wearing them. Why the hell would somebody opt to wear them to the gym? I don't get it.

why would somebody opt to wear them at all :sick: lol
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I dont really care/pay attention to what other people do in the gym,they pay they're money to be there same as me,so unless what ever they are doing affects my saftey i just dont care
  • 30yearssincebikini
    Options
    There was a woman in the locker room jumping rope. I walked in and was almost caught up in the rope. Another woman almost got the rope, too. Knowing she was a newb I said "There is a big comfortable room out there to do that", trying to sound upbeat so as not to make her feel like I was telling her she had to get out. Her answer? "I don't like it out there." I never saw her again.
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Now I'm not a mom so maybe I don't understand, but one night as I was half naked, a woman walked into the locker room after working out with her son, who was maybe 5 or 6 (there's a day care in the gym). It wasn't in and out either, she was in there changing for a while. Why not just leave him in daycare for 10 more mins? I dunno, I just found it super innapropriate and uncomfortable.

Our gym has a family changing room area but I see kids in the adult locker rooms on a weekly basis. I consider it inappropriate as well. Just one of many rules that get broken often at my gym.