Things you see at the Gym

Options

Replies

• MellisaCruz
    Options
    This morning a lady who is not a regular left her dirty, ear wax infested Q-Tips on changing bench....PISSED ME OFF.... :mad: :angry: :explode: :grumble: <<<<---all of those at once!
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    The one that kills me are the older dudes (say 45+) that come to the gym, sit in the sauna for awhile in their swim trunks and then go back in the locker room to redress. It makes me think they are getting all sweaty to go home and pretend to their wives that they are working out. Just seems WEIRD to me! That and the pregnant old dude who sits in the sauna and gets beet red then sits outside the pool and stares at us doing water aerobics!
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    people using towels as floormats as they dry themselves and get dressed...

guilty... I hate touching the nasty locker room floor.

Eh I do it too - after a shower I don't want to stand on the dirty floor. I wear flip flops in the shower and come out and stand on the towel. It also dries my feet bottoms after walking around in wet flip flops.
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    I don't notice too much oddity at my gym, and I love it. I did find it odd when that one older lady put on goggles in the hot tub when we were in there together. That gave me the heeby-jeebies.

:laugh:
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    People working out in jeans ALWAYS makes me laugh.

I once saw a woman working out in jeggings. That's right, jean colored leggings.

Sometimes I work out in jeans. (because that was what I was wearing when I got to sneak over there)
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    The Ex-Cons who walk around after bench pressing a million pounds giving everybody mean looks. Listen Bro, You dont have to mean mug me, I can tell by the build of your muscles you're a jail bird, I will gladly stay out of your way!!

JUST DONT SHANK ME!

:laugh:
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    The one that kills me are the older dudes (say 45+) that come to the gym, sit in the sauna for awhile in their swim trunks and then go back in the locker room to redress. It makes me think they are getting all sweaty to go home and pretend to their wives that they are working out. Just seems WEIRD to me! That and the pregnant old dude who sits in the sauna and gets beet red then sits outside the pool and stares at us doing water aerobics!

If you are in the pool doing water aerobics, how do you know these guys aren't working out before hitting the sauna? Time permitting, I hit the hot tub, sauna or steam room after every workout.
  • thpeek
    thpeek Posts: 76
    Options
    I met my hot husband at the gym! For me it was the best place to meet someone more like me in a healthy atmoshere, we were just friends first and really got to know each other through our workouts by spotting each other on heavier lifts and started to open up about other things. Over time, love just blossomed and then one day it was like, Hey what are you doing later?????? Twelve years later he is still the best thing in my life and we still enjoy flirting at the gym when we workout together!
  • PeanutsMamaTx
    PeanutsMamaTx Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I try not to judge when at the gym... because, well, I don't care if what I am wearing doesn't exactly match. I don't wear jeans - that is just nuts... but I don't care if I am wearing blue capris and a dark gray or black shirt. As long as it's clean and not stinky and comfortable for me, it works.

That said, at my gym, we have quite a few older ladies (older than me and I am nearly 42), that while they are in decent shape, they wear the super tight spandex/lycra pants and tops with their fake boob cleavage (and fake tans) showing, plus now that I think of it one older lady that wears the same stuff and shouldn't (she's not fit, but I cut her a break because at least she is breaking a sweat). The two older "lycra" ladies never really seem to be doing anything to me... except walking the floor of the gym in their outfits. LOL

We also have quite a few of the 20s crowd (both guys and girls) that get on the elliptical, go as fast as possible with no resistance on and don't even break a sweat. I still can't figure that one out. What's the point? Look like you're working out hard without exerting any real effort?
  • PeanutsMamaTx
    PeanutsMamaTx Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    People working out in jeans ALWAYS makes me laugh.

I once saw a woman working out in jeggings. That's right, jean colored leggings.

Sometimes I work out in jeans. (because that was what I was wearing when I got to sneak over there)

No offense meant... I just said that this is nuts. LOL But hey, at least you went and worked out, right?
  • christinal83
    christinal83 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    The people who work at my gym bring in fast food and sit at the front desk & eat it where everyone can see it. I can't say it bugs me too much because my problem has never been eating a lot of fast food.
  • IRONAMY
    Options
    BahahahA ! You must have been at my gym ! I see that all the time :p
  • Blossom41290
    Blossom41290 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I go to a womens only gym, and it is great, none of this old man, sweating all over the machine rubbish, or perverts. I am also guilty of most of these complaints

Sweating over a mchine- but i do clean it off afterwards
    Going hardout on the treadmill like real hardout or bike.
    Singing/dancing while inbetween workout machines
    Walking around the changing room naked- its a changing room people are there to get changed if you do not like it do not look then.
    and having conversations with the person on the machine next to me.

However 3 days ago, i was in the middle of doing a class, and our class is packed when its the dance one, anyways our gym use to be a mcdonalds, a year ago before it got renovated. and from the outside it still does look a bit like mcdonalds except for the signs, so anyways this guy he walks in during the class and hes wondering around and hes asking where is the counter to order food, and hes lyk is this mcdonalds, where is the counter and hes wondering around the gym lol.
  • agibson0430
    agibson0430 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Picture the scene.....

female changing room, ladies milling around doing what they need to do. Two friends in deep conversation, just out the shower, butt naked drying themselves...then they proceed to put one foot at a time up on to the bench in the middle of the room and holding either end of the towel in each hand frantically dry their nether regions (not each others I might add), back and forth, back and forth.........eek!....OMFG what is the need...SERIOUSLY - a bit of discretion please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I am still traumatised by this - can you tell? lol)

Would you rather see them using the gym handheld hair dryers to do it? Thankfully I don't have hair to dry because I would never touch one of those hair dryers.

This is too funny! My husband was a fitness coordinator and trainer at a 5 star gym in town. He said it never failed that when he walked into the men's locker room he always found some old dude with his foot on bench drying his nether regions with hair dryer (that was provided by the gym).

I will say I chuckled a bit the day before yesterday when this girl came in went straight to the hip abductor (30lbs of weight) and sat there and did that for 10 minutes all while playing on her phone. She followed that with about 10 minutes of elliptical and was out the door.
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    exactly! But I just did mostly cardio. Did not do anything to endanger benches or what not. I get funny looks a lot because I also work out with my hair down as pulling it back gives me mega headaches. I don't care what people think. I work out for me. But I am guilty of the hair being done and rarely wearing regular clothes to work out.

I actually got a kudos from the owner of gym for getting in what I can when I can! Plus, I am losing weight so my jeans are definitely NOT restrictive.
  • aymarie33
    aymarie33 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    At my gym only a select few people are allowed into the classes at once and the zumba one fills up soooo fast, so I go in 30 minutes early and do some ab work and stretch.
    Well the other day I was stretching and i thought my subconscious was playing tricks on me because I started smelling chocolate. But then I looked over and honest to god there was a chick next to me who had just folded up her snickers bar wrapper and was starting to unwrap her twix.
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Picture the scene.....

female changing room, ladies milling around doing what they need to do. Two friends in deep conversation, just out the shower, butt naked drying themselves...then they proceed to put one foot at a time up on to the bench in the middle of the room and holding either end of the towel in each hand frantically dry their nether regions (not each others I might add), back and forth, back and forth.........eek!....OMFG what is the need...SERIOUSLY - a bit of discretion please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I am still traumatised by this - can you tell? lol)

Would you rather see them using the gym handheld hair dryers to do it? Thankfully I don't have hair to dry because I would never touch one of those hair dryers.

This is too funny! My husband was a fitness coordinator and trainer at a 5 star gym in town. He said it never failed that when he walked into the men's locker room he always found some old dude with his foot on bench drying his nether regions with hair dryer (that was provided by the gym).

I will say I chuckled a bit the day before yesterday when this girl came in went straight to the hip abductor (30lbs of weight) and sat there and did that for 10 minutes all while playing on her phone. She followed that with about 10 minutes of elliptical and was out the door.

Thankfully I don't encounter it daily. It is just nasty!
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    i'm just envious that i can't turn up in teeny tiny shorts and bra tops with flawless hair and make up and do 10 minutes at snails pace and have a body to kill for.

i wish i had that much self control with food, but i don't, so i have to seriously work my butt off and sweat like a horse in my baggy old daggy gym clothes.
  • cathak
    cathak Posts: 13
    Options
    hahaha thats funny Jeggings .. never heard that before
    I agree people working out in jeans... I mean WTF??? Seriously!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    The people who come in mid-morning on a Saturday or Sunday and do nothing but lounge around chatting in the Jacuzzi next to the pool. They are inevitably chubby and seem not to use any other facilities. I avoid the jacuzzi like the plague, quite literally. I call in Swinger Soup.