Do you fart at the gym?

Options

Replies

• Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I totally let one rip about a month ago on the ab machine. It was LOUD. I was mortified. Oh well.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Definition of the day:
    Fart - a poop honking for right of way.
    Aaaaand good night.
  • KatkaBar
    Options
    HAHAH...pretty funny stuff.

Just a suggestion though...for those of you who must "Let the Skunk out of the Barn" PLEASE try not to do it near the treadmill/elliptical or other stationary machines...THERE NO ESCAPE.

I have actually just left the gym a couple times. Just sayin, have mercy on the defenseless..

I second this! All of our cardio equipment is lined up in rows and I can't handle it when I'm on the eliptical behind the gassy treadmill guy... How am I supposed to breath for God's sake, through the mouth is no better

unfortunately... then you can even taste it.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I work out at home, and since I like to dance like a loon, my daughter is usually rolling on the floor laughing at me. To get even, I like to stink her out of the room.

I also have air freshener right at my desk "just in case". I am pretty sure my co-workes think I fart cinnamon apple
  • katya73
    katya73 Posts: 464
    Options
    Haha.. OMG .. leg press .. For sure and when I do crunches with a 10kg sandbag behind my neck ..lolzzz .. Gets me each time ... Thank god for loud gym music ..
  • LelliAmi
    LelliAmi Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    lol this is such an awkward conversation...
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I always do.....especially during Yoga Days
  • meycay
    meycay Posts: 29
    Options
    omg, i did the total fly by at the gym the other day. you know, when you fart, and just keep walking around, trying to dilute the fart by spreading it around as much as possible.

it didn't work as well as i thought it would.
    \

also referred to as "crop dusting"

HA HA HA HA HA
  • meycay
    meycay Posts: 29
    Options
    I am pretty sure my co-workes think I fart cinnamon apple

You crack me up!
  • mszcheon
    Options
    The urge to fart seems to fade until I get home. However, I am known to burp! : )
  • 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Farting in the supermarket is better, move down to the end of the aisle & watch the other shopper's faces :laugh: :devil:

Someone did this to me at Target last night! I was walking by the bread aisle, a woman and her son walked by, and as soon as I passed by her bum it smelled like poop. It lasted all the way to electronics. I thought I was going to die. My teen daughter and I laughed so hard and then went to the scented candle aisle to try to smell something better.
  • ginger_fury187
    ginger_fury187 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This is the FUNNIEST post I have ever seen and i have been wetting myself at the replies.

I think its entertaining me more just because I now know im not the only one haha! I thought it might be because I take 2 pro plus before gymming it to help me get lots of energy.

Ive managed to control it recently - but found on the cross trainer when I was going really fast there was no sign or signal that it was about to happen and then POW there is it. And then you have to do the casual look around the room to make sure those near are wearing ear phones cos someones bound to have heard

thank god my gym has a Dj that plays loud sets or i would have been screwed by now lol.

Thanks all, this has really made my thursday a hell of a lot better!!!
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    It's the reason why I stopped going. :laugh:
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Totally knew it was a guy asking this...

BECAUSE all of us know girls do not fart. :tongue:

^^THIS^^ So true!!!:drinker:
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I always do.....especially during Yoga Days

Why is that a common response to yoga??? Don't know..but it is!:ohwell:
  • jmjatlanta
    Options
    Funny you should ask. I never have... until Monday. I was trying out a new (to me) exercise, the reverse fly. I was prone on a bench, dumbells to the side. First lift and R.I.P. A quick check revealed 2 guys in the freeweight area, both with headphones. I was spared most of the embarrassment. The minute of terror passed with no foul odor detected. Crisis averted.

I've always been pretty good at detecting the inevitable and moving the party to an unpopulated location. Unfortunately, sometimes I'm surprised. Recent diet changes can certainly lead to unintended consequences.

Oh, and one more phrase to add to the glossary...

Tugboating - fart, wait not quite long enough, walk away and the darned thing follows you!
  • CandeesLand
    Options
    NO. NEVER. BUT.... One time in the shower I forgot where I was... was thinking I was at home...and... well.... it echoed.

Shower farts are the worst! something about the moisture makes those babies hang out a lot longer!
  • tritt86
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh:
  • vanillasugar
    vanillasugar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I have never laughed so hard in my life at an online thread before this. :laugh: :sad: :laugh:
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,357 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :bigsmile: Thanks guys now I'm thinking about WHO farts in the gym, lmao!!!!