Do you fart at the gym?

Options
UponThisRock
UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
I do, especially on lower body days. Those exercises that put pressure on the midsection, squats, deadlifts, leg press etc. really gets that gas moving. The fact that I workout right after my morning coffee doesn't help, I think the warmth of the coffee gets the fart cannons primed.

The key is to try not to fart in the middle of the exercise, because you can't control the sound and you have to stand there and smell it. I prefer to hold it and walk to a far off corner of the gym, let it out, and walk back to where I am working so as to spread my gas evenly around the gym. No point in making one part of the gym suffer disproportionately, I figure.

Of course, there are times when a pant-splitting fart rips out right at the bottom of a squat. Not much you can do there except try to cover up the sound with grunt.

What are your gym farting techniques?

Replies

• HOSED49
    HOSED49 Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I like to fart when I am doing flutterkicks, that way it acts as a fan to distribute my home cooking to the masses..there I am concentratiing on my form....then off at a distance you hear someone yell "oh my god!" ....ahhhh.....mission accomplished!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh:

OMG LOL!
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    omg, i did the total fly by at the gym the other day. you know, when you fart, and just keep walking around, trying to dilute the fart by spreading it around as much as possible.

it didn't work as well as i thought it would.
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    yup - just did last night as a matter of fact.
  • HOSED49
    HOSED49 Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    omg, i did the total fly by at the gym the other day. you know, when you fart, and just keep walking around, trying to dilute the fart by spreading it around as much as possible.

it didn't work as well as i thought it would.
    \

also referred to as "crop dusting"
  • JENNIFERTOPS
    JENNIFERTOPS Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love this post. Yes I fart and the gym and sometimes is smells really bad. I just act like my friend next to me let it out. LOL
    This should be interesting. Thanks for posting this!
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Lentil soup for lunch yesterday wasn't such a good idea after all....
  • elfie9863
    Options
    HAHAH...pretty funny stuff.

Just a suggestion though...for those of you who must "Let the Skunk out of the Barn" PLEASE try not to do it near the treadmill/elliptical or other stationary machines...THERE NO ESCAPE.

I have actually just left the gym a couple times. Just sayin, have mercy on the defenseless..
  • 967_1111
    967_1111 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    The problem is the folks working out with their music on full blast, who figure if they can't hear the sound of their rushing wind, nobody else can.

I attempt to hold it in while I treadmill, but will let a few SBD's go when required.
  • raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Just a little tip for everyone...NEVER eat a huge bowl of Kashi cereal before going to a cardio/bootcamp class.....
  • mochalovies
    mochalovies Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Totally knew it was a guy asking this...

BECAUSE all of us know girls do not fart. :tongue:
  • RedVelvetCurls
    RedVelvetCurls Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Oh my god, this topic, I've laughed so hard I'm shedding tears/calories/humanity. Love you guys. :D
  • JCN_1103
    Options
    Every chance I get. I try to fart every where I go. Similar to that of a dog marking his territory.
  • raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options

Liez!!!! :)
  • cruiseking
    cruiseking Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Try doing a Yoga class with Senior Citizens. More gas than Strickland Propane.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options

PSH!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Well...I used to do most of my exercise at home or outdoors, but joined the gym in December, I can honestly say I have not farted at the gym...yet. However, I was flanked by a farter and a someone with major body odor on the treadmill one day. Eeek! It was a plethora of lovely scents...
  • nevareg
    nevareg Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    LMAO!! :laugh: This is too funny!!!
  • SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel
    Options
    :bigsmile: I like to do it silent but violent. I am known as "The Stealth Farter" at my gym. :devil: