Do you fart at the gym?

Options

Replies

• cerrajean
    cerrajean Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Just a little tip for everyone...NEVER eat a huge bowl of Kashi cereal before going to a cardio/bootcamp class.....

Unrelated to your post- but I hope the ladybug on your ticker has better luck getting to the red zone than Carson Palmer.

ROFL> I kill me. :D
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Omg this is funny. I think tears just ran down my leg!!

I tend to drop bombs after working out more so than during. And if swimming?? Ohhh......Swimming is dangerous.

Are you sure those were tears?

I think I peed myself there!
  • stellcorb
    stellcorb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    HAHAH...pretty funny stuff.

Just a suggestion though...for those of you who must "Let the Skunk out of the Barn" PLEASE try not to do it near the treadmill/elliptical or other stationary machines...THERE NO ESCAPE.

I have actually just left the gym a couple times. Just sayin, have mercy on the defenseless..

I second this! All of our cardio equipment is lined up in rows and I can't handle it when I'm on the eliptical behind the gassy treadmill guy... How am I supposed to breath for God's sake, through the mouth is no better
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Totally knew it was a guy asking this...

BECAUSE all of us know girls do not fart. :tongue:

...next you're going to tell me that girls don't poop either, huh?

Because that's just crazy....I read a book just today that says otherwise.
    "Everybody Poops!" A rather informative book, really. I suggest you all go out and read it now--right now.

LOL..can I borrow your copy?
  • JeanniebeanL79
    JeanniebeanL79 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    haha this post is great!! Loving it! I have situations when I have too much fiber!!!! Ahhh beware!! :laugh: :laugh: :ohwell: :ohwell:
  • Amanda421
    Amanda421 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    bump. save for a rainy day when i need a good laugh.
  • Amanda421
    Amanda421 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Just a little tip for everyone...NEVER eat a huge bowl of Kashi cereal before going to a cardio/bootcamp class.....

THIS is so true!
  • CandeesLand
    Options
    HAHAH...pretty funny stuff.

Just a suggestion though...for those of you who must "Let the Skunk out of the Barn" PLEASE try not to do it near the treadmill/elliptical or other stationary machines...THERE NO ESCAPE.

I have actually just left the gym a couple times. Just sayin, have mercy on the defenseless..

I second this! All of our cardio equipment is lined up in rows and I can't handle it when I'm on the eliptical behind the gassy treadmill guy... How am I supposed to breath for God's sake, through the mouth is no better

No one wants to taste a fart!
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Hahahaha yes.... running really as you describe gets the gasses moving! Hahaha... and squats... You have to make sure the volume is turned right up, that you're near a window and not going to be "down drafting" anyone! And let it out in bits! I call it duck walking/ running...

If you don't let it out, it's really disruptive to your workout going in and out the bathroom and makes you look like you're ill! If you hold it in, it's painful and disruptive and reduces your performance.

It's a natural thing, you just need to be discrete and clever about it!!!
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Someone (a woman) FARTED in kickboxing class the other day. It was rank too. Man I try not to fart in public. its just NASTY!!!!!!!!!!!

Do me a favor. ...GO TO THE BATHROOM! LMAO
  • NurseNiffa
    NurseNiffa Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Not at the gym but my sister-in-law likes to crop dust me while we play Just Dance...she gets the higher score because I spent half of the song dry heaving!!! Cheater!! haha
  • sinistertitan
    sinistertitan Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Sure, I've had a squeaker pop loose here and there. I'll tell you what though......farts are the reason I had to abandon my abs class. Nope, not because of my own, but the little old lady that seemed to love setting up her mat and such near me regardless of where I was on the floor. She let some monsters go at least 3-4 times in just 30 minutes. I swear she had it out for me.....
  • Makethefatcry12
    Makethefatcry12 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    omg, i did the total fly by at the gym the other day. you know, when you fart, and just keep walking around, trying to dilute the fart by spreading it around as much as possible.

it didn't work as well as i thought it would.

I call that crop dusting!

I'm glad I workout at home but the best is when I am working out and let one rip and the hubby walks in right when I do it. Mine are almost always quiet and he was like really? Did that just slip out while you were doing squats? YEP!
  • heresmyinsidevoice
    heresmyinsidevoice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    This thread is seven pages worth of AWESOME!
    Totally made me LOL for real! I was having a stressful morning, and this just turned my mood around for the better! :laugh:
    Keep on spreading the methane MFPeeps!
  • rhiasmith
    Options
    Oh god when I'm running it's terrible, the shame, atleast everyones making noise in there and noone hears ;D
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I think u guys r bored, hahahahah.........7 pages in da forum......
  • runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I was raised on a farm and when the cows would walk down the path to the barn they would fart with every step! I replicated this on the treadmill one day and got so tickled I almost fell off! :laugh:
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Ya'll are making me fart I am laughing so hard!:sad: :sad: :laugh: :laugh: :sad: :laugh:
  • inuit
    inuit Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Mine have got worse since i have been eating more healthy, not so much smelly, but long and loud. I try and get as much out in the carpark, just have to check people following me in, but when in the pool i have to splash a lot or push my butt to the wall pretending to have a breather and do a controlled slow release or if there is a big one brewing I head to the jacuzzi.
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    My fiancee is looking at me like I have lost my mind because I am sitting here loling like a loon at the computer screen! Thanks for the laughs!! :laugh: