What counts as water?

Options

Replies

• FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    Actually yes, chiropractors are real doctors.

You don't need a PhD to be a chiropractor. Some may have them, those would be Doctors, even if it's not medical. But for the most part, chiropractors are not doctors.

you dont need a PhD to be a medical doctor either

But you DO need a doctorate degree. An MD is a doctoral level degree in medicine, just as a PharmD is a doctoral degree in pharmacy. You don't need a doctoral degree in anything to be a chiropractor. Chiropractic is pseudoscience. BTW, I live in the birthplace of chiropractic--it was invented here. We have more chiropractors per capita than anywhere else in the world. Chiropractors get virtually no hands-on training in school, and DO get "marketing" training. No medical school in the US teaches "marketing."
  • Jipples
    Jipples Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    H2O
  • Lary_babe
    Lary_babe Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I count flavored water, lemonade, tea (i like hot tea without sugar), and 100% juice. It's all about liquids and being hydrated. I don't count milk though, or smoothies, or coffee type things. And I don't drink soda any more so its not an issue for me. :D
  • savage22hp
    savage22hp Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    ......and this is where we end up every time this subject is brought up so I will go back to my former sarcastic reply , if it's not dehydrated then count it as water . Most fruits and vegetables are mostly water ( tomatoes are 94percent ) , many of which are more than 80percent . Meat , for the most part is greater than 50percent water .all this water in these foods count toward your daily needs for hydration so just save yourself time and energy , throw out all your cups and get your hydration from your food on a fork , it's all good !

All tell those Chiropractors to get a real job !
  • andrejjorje
    andrejjorje Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    My rule is: if it's liquid and drink it you count it. There are few exceptions to the rule but we don't consider them.:smile:
  • NorthernLight2
    Options
    Hi. I tend to agree that water is water HOWEVER if you are using the Crystal Lite product or drinking tea (particular Green Tea) and you're feeling GREAT about yourself, then why not. If it helps you injest the necessary water intake with a bit of variety (because who doesn't like variety?!) then keep with it.

Great question!!
  • savage22hp
    Options
    ......and this is where we end up every time this subject is brought up so I will go back to my former sarcastic reply , if it's not dehydrated then count it as water . Most fruits and vegetables are mostly water ( tomatoes are 94percent ) , many of which are more than 80percent . Meat , for the most part is greater than 50percent water .all this water in these foods count toward your daily needs for hydration so just save yourself time and energy , throw out all your cups and get your hydration from your food on a fork , it's all good !

Or if you need to put it in a cup and pull it through a straw to feel like you are getting a liquid , a blender does wonders and you can still put it in a cup !
  • LeAnne_Louise
    Options
    I HATE water as well, however I found that adding a cucumber slice to my water is really enjoyable and refreshing!
  • FunkBunny
    FunkBunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Anything with caffeine in it does NOT count towards fluids!!

BUT...anythign without it is water. Herbal teas are as good as water. Some have aditional benefits besides the hydration!
  • LittleMissAngi
    LittleMissAngi Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    wa·ter   [waw-ter, wot-er] Show IPA
    noun

1. a transparent, odorless, tasteless liquid, a compound of hydrogen and oxygen, H 2 O, freezing at 32°F or 0°C and boiling at 212°F or 100°C, that in a more or less impure state constitutes rain, oceans, lakes, rivers, etc.: it contains 11.188 percent hydrogen and 88.812 percent oxygen, by weight.

2. a special form or variety of this liquid, as rain.

3. Often, waters. this liquid in an impure state as obtained from a mineral spring: Last year we went to Marienbad for the waters.

4. the liquid content of a river, inlet, etc., with reference to its relative height, especially as dependent on tide: a difference of 20 feet between high and low water.

5. the surface of a stream, river, lake, ocean, etc.: above, below, or on the water.

Defined by dictionary.com
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/water
  • andrejjorje
    Options
    Sorry, you missed my 1st condition: liquid.
    Before going into the blender wasn't liquid so it doesn't count.
    I'd like to know how can you accurately measure the water from all the solids you eat daily. Just for the purpose of reaching the water daily goal.
    The procedure must be really tedious but funny.

Or if you need to put it in a cup and pull it through a straw to feel like you are getting a liquid , a blender does wonders and you can still put it in a cup !
  • andrejjorje
    Options
    I'm personally going for no. 5.:laugh:
    wa·ter   [waw-ter, wot-er] Show IPA
    noun

1. a transparent, odorless, tasteless liquid, a compound of hydrogen and oxygen, H 2 O, freezing at 32°F or 0°C and boiling at 212°F or 100°C, that in a more or less impure state constitutes rain, oceans, lakes, rivers, etc.: it contains 11.188 percent hydrogen and 88.812 percent oxygen, by weight.

2. a special form or variety of this liquid, as rain.

3. Often, waters. this liquid in an impure state as obtained from a mineral spring: Last year we went to Marienbad for the waters.

4. the liquid content of a river, inlet, etc., with reference to its relative height, especially as dependent on tide: a difference of 20 feet between high and low water.

5. the surface of a stream, river, lake, ocean, etc.: above, below, or on the water.

Defined by dictionary.com
  • Carrotz5
    Carrotz5 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    everything
    YES EVERYTHING
    except alcohol
    cafeine does not dehydrates it's a myth

Caffeine is a diuretic. It will cause you to urinate more often as it does pull water from your body and form urine. This is a known fact about biochemistry. Alcohol is also a diuretic. Same effect. I wouldn't suggest counting tea towards since teas usually contain caffeine. Also, carbonated drinks should not be considered water since it contains carbonated water not plain water.

As for me, I only count water towards my daily totals.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Before going into the blender wasn't liquid so it doesn't count.
    I'd like to know how can you accurately measure the water from all the solids you eat daily. Just for the purpose of reaching the water daily goal.

I'd like to know why you think it's that important to drink 8 cups of water a day? I get that if you're feeling thirsty and dehydrated you drink...but really, give me the benefits of doing this and try to use a reputable source...I'll be here waiting.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    everything
    YES EVERYTHING
    except alcohol

Caffeine is a diuretic. It will cause you to urinate more often as it does pull water from your body and form urine. This is a known fact about biochemistry. Alcohol is also a diuretic. Same effect. I wouldn't suggest counting tea towards since teas usually contain caffeine. Also, carbonated drinks should not be considered water since it contains carbonated water not plain water.

Apparently you've ignored the information in this thread, I don't know why it surprises me...clearly many of the posters haven't read the factual information and like to use anecdotes or 'what they think'.
  • savage22hp
    Options
    Before going to the blender wasn't liquid so it doesn't count.
    ......and this is where we end up every time this subject is brought up so I will go back to my former sarcastic reply , if it's not dehydrated then count it as water . Most fruits and vegetables are mostly water ( tomatoes are 94percent ) , many of which are more than 80percent . Meat , for the most part is greater than 50percent water .all this water in these foods count toward your daily
    needs for hydration so just save yourself time and energy , throw out all your cups and get your hydration from your food on a fork , it's all good !

Or if you need to put it in a cup and pull it through a straw to feel like you are getting a liquid , a blender does wonders and you can
    still put it in a cup !

The blender just releases the water from whatever it is disguised as ( clever water can disguise itself as almost anything ) and don't let that solid thing fool you , it even goes incognito as ice sometimes .
  • savage22hp
    Options
    Google water and weight loss .
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I only count water as water.

me too!
  • Carrotz5
    Carrotz5 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    everything
    YES EVERYTHING
    except alcohol

Apparently you've ignored the information in this thread, I don't know why it surprises me...clearly many of the posters haven't read the factual information and like to use anecdotes or 'what they think'.

I wasn't using anecdotal evidence. I do have a degree in biology. This particular signal cascade was covered in biochemistry. Caffeine and alcohol are diuretics. However, will you become dehydrated because you counted two cups of coffee as part of your water intake? No. Are you going to suffer long-term health issues because you count the diet coke as part of your water intake? No. However, the caffeine and alcohol will cause an increase in urine production which does take more water out of your system than if you didn't have the caffeine or alcohol.

To answer the original poster's questions, honestly, in the big picture... it doesn't matter if you count the tea or Crystal Light in you daily water. It's not going to make that big of a difference. Personally, I only count water.