Dear...

Options

Replies

• 20danielle12
    20danielle12 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Dear MPF friends:

You are trying to "lose" weight, not "loose" weight.

Best regards,
    Jim

I too love this!
  • MrsBlobs
    MrsBlobs Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Dear Self
    Please stop putting this off. Waiting for tomorrow is a mistake as tomorrow may never come. I know things have been tough and I know you're just trying to console yourself but really, this just isn't the way. You know you're heading down a rocky road with food et al. You KNOW this.
    Try to use that little wish you have - you know - the one where you are strong, fit, healthy and in control. That little picture you have of yourself that you hold on to, but fight against. Stop fighting, you are not rebelling against the shackles, you are keeping them firmly in place instead.
    You KNOW you want to be free. Stop doing this to yourself, please.

Love
    Self

Ps. Well done for sitting there with that bloomin book and learning all those new knit stitches last night. I know there where times you felt like throwing it in the bin, stabbing yourself in the thigh and/or stabbing your husband with both needles. I know you felt like attacking that ball of yarn with the scissors untill there was nothing but cotton wool left but, you didn't. Try to take that pig headed stubborness and put that toward other areas of your life - you may be suprised.
  • Spinelli2288
    Spinelli2288 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Dear MPF friends:

Best regards,
    Jim

God forbid someone makes a spelling mistake on your watch huh? Troll.
  • DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Dear Husband,

You sir are the brightest part of my day and I'm so thankful that every day begins and ends with an I love you, and a kiss from you. You are my husband, lover, and best friend rolled all into one wonderful package. You understand me better that I understand myself at times and for that I thank you. In case you didn't know it and if I ever fail to show it. I love you!

Your wife
    Debbie (aka one lucky woman)
  • tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Dear Friend,
    When you said that your cubicle neighbor spent 6 weeks not talking to you because of something you said that he didn't like, and you thought that was childish, I was stunned.... because you did the exact same thing to me. I can't believe you don't realize it. People in glass houses, my friend. I mean really? That was a horrible time for me and you not acknowledging it makes it worse.
    Thanks for being a friend.
  • Nerelda
    Options
    Dear MFP friends,

We are here to motivate EACH OTHER. I am not your personal motivator. Would it really kill you to put up a comment now and then with words of encouragement or even just "congrats!"? Really?
  • caligirl2802
    caligirl2802 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Dear Man on the treadmill next to me Monday night....

In future please take some gas-ex or something similar before stepping on the treadmill.... it is bad enough that I am gasping for breath, I would prefer for my last gasps not to be entirely polluted with fumes from your bowels!!!!

Sincerely
    The blonde girl to your right :)
  • Spinelli2288
    Spinelli2288 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Dear MFP friends,

We are here to motivate EACH OTHER. I am not your personal motivator. Would it really kill you to put up a comment now and then with words of encouragement or even just "congrats!"? Really?

Agreed, we're all on here for the same reason, to be healthy and yet there are so many people on here that are jerks. Whether it's a slight spelling error, your diet, your exercise, or whatever else people want to feel all holier than thou about, it's just stupid.
  • MummyOfSeven
    MummyOfSeven Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Dear MPF friends:

Best regards,
    Jim

God forbid someone makes a spelling mistake on your watch huh? Troll.

Am I the only one noticing the "MPF" here?
    Deliberate mistake or brilliant irony?
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Dear Cat,

I realize it is EXTREMELY interesting that I am on the exercise bike but that doesn't mean you can try to rub on my feet while I'm going 15mph. Accidents happen my furry friend. Leave me alone!

This one is adorable!! :laugh:
  • 30yearssincebikini
    Options
    Dear Bob,

It snowed. That's why I didn't open my shop to cut your hair. There was no need to call me and leave a nasty message. I am no one's slave. I figured that you customers would understand that when it snows even a little bit, it's no use me opening, because most of you don't show up. I am not going to sit there all day twiddling my thumbs and only make less than half the money I normally do. Especially when I know that you will come back to me because no matter how much I pss you off, you still wuv me!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    Dear Frank,
    Where were you yesterday? Thursday was payday - right?
    We miss you so much.
    Joey will explain further when he pays you a visit today.

I am looking forward to seeing you....:angry:

I used to work with a Frank! Ugh!
  • thetiwi1890
    thetiwi1890 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Dear Aiden, (my boyfriends 7 year old son)

Thank you for telling me that you think I'm beautiful no matter how much weight I lose. You're an amazing kid and you don't even know it. You have such a kind and loving heart. You see the world as a big place full of adventure and fast cars, I envy you sometimes, but I enjoy seeing you so excited when you learn something new. You're polite, responsible, chivalrous, intelligent, and most of all, you're special to me. I know you want a brother or a sister out of your dad and I, but truthfully, I am perfectly happy to only have you. I may not be your biological mom, but I'll come as close as I can. I love you Aiden.

Rawr (means I love you in dinosaur),
    Your Ashley

That is absolutely beautiful. You obviously love Aiden, and he loves you - awww!
  • ffuunnnnyy__ggiirrll
    Options
  • GlenWalterGal
    GlenWalterGal Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Dear English speaking MFP friends,

Please enlighten me on this, my native tongue is French and I find that after all these years, I am still learning the language of Shakespeare.

I find myself puzzled when I read that people are "shredding fat"....or when I read "fat shred".

I thought shredding something was tearing it in long strips and that "shedding" meant losing. Should it not be "shedding fat" and "fat shed"?

Signed: Always learning.
  • rayleansout
    Options
    Dear fat, I never gave you permission to stay this long, the quicker you vacate my body the quicker ill stop kicking your *kitten* please take the hint and move a little faster!!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    Dear English speaking MFP friends,

Please enlighten me on this, my native tongue is French and I find that after all these years, I am still learning the language of Shakespeare.

I find myself puzzled when I read that people are "shredding fat"....or when I read "fat shred".

I thought shredding something was tearing it in long strips and that "shedding" meant losing. Should it not be "shedding fat" and "fat shed"?

Signed: Always learning.

The English language is hard. It is constantly evolving. The expression 'shredding fat' is a colloquialism created by fitness marketers like Jillian Michaels.
  • MummyOfSeven
    MummyOfSeven Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Dear 16yr old Son,

I have been using MFP for 210 days and have never missed a log-in. I know how to track my calories, some would say religiously. I have a qualification in Holistic Therapies (including nutrition). I have been using the gym for many months now. I know how to use most of the equipment and am more than aware of what I am, or am not, capable of.

Since your trial membership at the gym began last week, you have obviously learned more than I did in ten years. I now bow to your superior knowledge of everything in the world of fitness and nutrition.

Sarcastically,

Your Mother.
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Dear Somebody ....

Your always on my mind ! For a 1000 Years !

~ Me
    xoxoxo
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    Dear ex-boyfriend,

If you want me back, then you are going to have to do some things differently. I thought that was obvious.