u rock!!!!
  • buckystars
    buckystars Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous! I want your body!
  • olee67
    olee67 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this. It really shows the importance of resistance training. I know I'm a male, but, take today for an example. I did a 20 minute interval run and burned 220 calories. Then, I did a 20 minute circuit training routine (1 leg, 1 chest, 1 back, 1 shoulder, 1 bicep, 1 tricep) and finished with 45 crunches... I burned 380 calories doing the resistance training. If you can't tell, I just got a HRM. It only makes me wonder how many more calories I'll burn doing heavy weights instead of light weights.

Ladies, it is so important to lift. The author of this thread makes that very obvious.

Great job, btw.
  • dlcam61
    dlcam61 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Amazing motivation! Thank you so much for sharing this, I am also checking your link you posted. I was contemplating ordering P90X or hiring a trainer but funds are tight :flowerforyou: I hope this will be good for the interim, but judging by your results it will be!! BTW your *kitten* looks amazing & your abs are solid :flowerforyou:
  • Single_Ma
    Options
    Fabulous results!
  • jaimebarth
    Options
    I just watched Jen Rankin's video and she has some fantastic techniques. Do I want to be a body builder? NO WAY! But her advice is worth considering. Thank you for the link. Heres the link to her video.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jen-rankin-fitness-360.html
  • GemmaWassall
    Options
    I'm really keen to do some weight work, as it obviously has great results. But unfortunately I don't have the money or space for weights. Is there anything around the house I could use that would work the same?
  • MissYogapants
    MissYogapants Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Your post means SO much to me! I'm into weight training myself, and people are often commenting on how weird it is for a girl to wanna do that. It's not weird at all, it's AWESOME! :)
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    fab!! so this is only 6 weeks into it? wow amazing and what was it you ate to do this?
  • zybery
    zybery Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    OMG! I dont lift weights at all. I've been so concerned about my sagging. I will now incorporate weights into my routine. You look FAB!
  • Longbowgilly
    Longbowgilly Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    WOW! Great results!

I am coming home tonight and getting straight on my Weider X factor plus machine, thnks for the inspiration!
  • southernyankee716
    Options
    Wow- you look great!

Thanks for sharing this! I don't know how much of it I can actually do but I'm definitely going to work at it.
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    You look AWESOME!
    Heading to basement to lift weights. :bigsmile:
  • SueD66
    SueD66 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering, because i have such a large amount of weight to lose, if i should wait on the weight training? I have been doing the cardio. Just wondering what you might think.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering, because i have such a large amount of weight to lose, if i should wait on the weight training? I have been doing the cardio. Just wondering what you might think.
    No, this thinking really needs to die.

You should have a weight training program, coupled with sound nutrition. Never use cardio as a means of obtaining a calorie deficit
  • SueD66
    SueD66 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Thank you i'll start when i get home tonight to see where i should start. I'm hoping if i do the weights i won't be saggy/flabby as the pounds come off.
  • krnlcsf
    krnlcsf Posts: 310
    Options
    bump!
  • Shriffee
    Shriffee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    That is an amazing transformation!
  • gailashton
    Options
    You look fabulous! I'm with you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!