Shape Up with the Daily HEET, April Thread (New Members Welc

Options

Replies

• LilWaterBug
    LilWaterBug Posts: 213
    Options
    Hey HEETers,

Having a little medical issue right now. Was (-) close to going to the ER yesterday afternoon. Got right in to my Primary Doctor this morning and she sent me for an EKG, Chest X-Ray and Blood Work. We don't *think* it's my heart but it's my upper-left chest so we're trying to cover all the bases. The pain is almost constant but varies in intensity. Yesterday was an exceptionally stressful day and it kicked in, one of the worst, which scared me enough to consider the ER. I've been under incredible amounts of stress in the past few months and am considering making some major changes in my life. All the more reason for me to focus on super-duper healthy foods. Heal myself from the inside-out so to speak. Forgive me for not posting but I've been a little preoccupied. :ohwell: :ohwell:

Happy Birthday Lucy and thanks for sharing more on advanced hygiene. I hope you continue to get many blessings.

Congrats to Debbie for getting back on the wagon and for sending the SOS. Glad you got your *disaster* day out of the way. Here's to another 9 weeks or more of healthy eating before another day like yesterday.

Hazel, great job on walking 8 blocks to and from. Hope your weigh in went well. I grill my asparagus on the grill or chop it and sautee it with a little olive oil. To me, those are the only two ways to eat it!

Cindy, I can symapthize with high grocery costs. The only reason our milk recently fell below $4.79 a gallon was because we had an Aldi supermarket open up down the street. Gives my store a little healthy competition. They are still expensive but I LOVE my store and their staff and refuse to shop anywhere else, for the most part, anyway. I kknow them, they know me, from the management staff to the Dairy Girl, the Produce Guy, the Butcher, the Seafood Guy and several of the cashiers and baggers. We may not know each other's names but we *know* each other and they are always willing to help me with whatever I need. :love:

I just got back from the store after spending hours at the hospital and other medical facilities and have plenty of produce to go put away. Just needed to sit down and take a breather and check in. I did buy 2 new items today...Sharon Fruit (according to the Produce Guy, part of the Persimmon Family) and Rappini - a dark green, leafy vegetable. I have no idea what to do with it so I need to research it and find a recipe.

I know I'm forgetting stuff but I did read everything. Just feel like my brains are scrambled right now and I can't keep a good focus on anything for any length of time. I'll try to get back later tonight.

Here's to our HEALTH!! :drinker:
    Julie
  • hazelmichling
    Options
    Cindy my dear. With an 18 lb. cat, what do you need heavier weights for? Just pick up your kitty cat and lift her up in the air a few times. That should take care of it. ha. ha. ha. Do you think your cat would appreciate that?

Free weights ... with your legs straight, then bend over and bend only slightly on knees, lift your weight off the ground, pick up your arms straight in the air above your head, down again, with knees slightly bent and up again. You should feel it in the back of your thighs.

Sitting on a bench, lean back with your body at any angle. Lift your arms straight up above your chest, abdomen area and put your weights together in a parallel position. Separate and bring your arms down just above your body and up again. You should feel it in your abdomen area as well as your arms.

Hope this helps some. What you learn, you teach me. Okay?

Keep on keeping on. We will be looking fine some day. :smile:

Debbie, you are so good with that coupon clipping and shopping. I failed trying to do that. I couldn't find any coupons for the stuff we like and there is only my DH and me now. I guess you would call that empty nesters? I like to shop for bargains too where I can find them.

Easter dinner .... haven't decided what I am going to do. With only two of us well, I just don't feel like fixing too much and having all those left overs. Will be watching to see what you all fixing and maybe that will give me some ideas. I'm like Cindy, away from close family members.

Trying to drink my share of water today.
  • hazelmichling
    Options
    Welcome back, Julie. OMG! What a scare. I was hoping it wasn't anything like you are describing but the thought did occur to me that something was drastically wrong with you since you didn't check in or post. I am glad you did get to your PCP and that all kinds of tests are being run and I pray they all come out for the best. Whatever it is, Julie, my suggestion is for you to STOP smoking. You will feel much better for it. I know, it is easier said than done and you have heard it many times before. I used to be a smoker too many years ago and finally gave it up and I do feel so much better. You are a smart gal so you know what I am trying to say to you. Please listen to your body. We like having you around for a loooong time.:flowerforyou:

Take some time for yourself. Stay focused to your body and listen to what it is telling you and get well soon. But want you to know you are so missed by all of us HEETER gals.:heart::heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Julie, OMG! I am glad your ok. I am sorry your having this issue. I second what Hazel said . STOP SMOKING! I used to smoke . 2 packs of menthols a day. I've been smoke free for 8 years. I can not even imagine doing the exercise I do now while being a smoker. You can quit! I know it's hard, BUT you Can do it! I quit when I started weight watchers years ago. I quit cold turkey the day I started weight watchers. I did not gain weight when I quit. This is my one wish for you . Quit smoking, you will feel sooo much better. Keep us posted on your health scare. Cindy
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Hazel, thanks for the free weight moves. HA HA :bigsmile: That 18 pound cat isn't even a year old yet. He is my baby . I just love him! We have 2 cats . Sammy is sooo much bigger than Lilly. You should see them side by side ,it's soo funny. :laugh: Cindy
  • lucyfan2009
    Options
    Julie, we need to have a way to find this stuff out. Can someone email us or something so if we don't hear from you like normal we can find out? You are too important for us (me) not to know how you are!!!!! I will be praying.

Lucy
  • LilWaterBug
    Options
    Evening HEETers....

Lucy, you brought up a very important point. One I have ventured to discuss in the past but never got around to it. When I was part of my Hysterectomy Support Group, Better Eaters Support Team, the group that was actually the inspiration for me starting the HEET back in '07, there were quite a few of us who grew friendships and some of those ladies had already been been friends in excess of 7 or 8 years if you can believe that. They are still there to this day posting with each other. During the time I was there it was decided amongst the group that there would be "2 Keepers" of information because some of the women were dealing with serious health issues. For some, the Hysterectomy was only part of their problem, there were other more serious and sinister reasons for them wanting to eat healthy, cancer being one. We all shared our email addresses, home addresses and phone numbers and made sure that our *significant others* knew how to access the site...just in case... The reason for 2 was if one fell ill or was *HIt by a bus* (I'm using that term loosely, mind you) the Other One would be able to notify the group. When I left the group I explained why so as not to cause any concern. In a Message Board situation, people will come and people will go. It's just the way it is. With that being said, there are some that will remain focused and true to the *cause*, whatever that cause may be.

Sooo....now that it's been brought up and I think we have a small core of *committed* friends, I will volunteer to be the First Keeper of information. But I will need a Back-Up in case I get *Hit By The Bus*. The information will be kept strictly confidential and only used in case of emergencies. Missing a day or two, in my mind, would not constitute an emergency, maybe even a week, but any time after that, depending on the regularity of the poster, might be cause for a personal email or maybe even a phone call.

If anyone wants to send me a message through this site with their personal information I'll catalog it and keep it handy and tell DH where it is...just in case...Accidents happen, people fall ill, whatever. But it doesn't mean our *Sistah's" need to be left hanging in the breeze wondering what happened.

As for me, personally, I don't know what my problem is. I've had this pain/problem since November. The same time I got laid off. I went digging in the top of the closet and pulled down a heavy box looking for something. A couple days later I packed the box back up and heaved it back up. It took me almost a month before I made the connection and assumed I had pulled a muscle. Then we went camping and canoeing for a week for Christmas break. I figured I just continued to *aggravate* the problem with all the physical activity that comes with camping and canoeing. But with all the time that has gone by I figured surely this *muscle* thing would have healed by now. In fact, I was actually hoping something would show up on my Mammogram last week. It's my left side and I have significant breast cysts on that side. Even though I couldn't feel anything, nor my GYN Doctor, I thought for sure I had another cyst *deep* that we couldn't feel that was causing the pain. I got my results Wednesday and they were *within my normal range*. Stress seems to be a significant factor and I can't figure out why. I'm not a Whimp. Heck...I've had the pain for over 5 months and refused to see a doctor about it. Trying to figure out how my body works and identifying this pain. But last night I was actually scared and that was a turning point for me. When I said I was considering making major changes in my life, I'm considering leaving my job, for which I'm only a volunteer at this point. I've got 8 long years invested with these two guys and we are like family but they keep piling it on me, forgetting every day that I *work* for nothing, hoping for the day when *WE* can *Pull off the Big One*. Boss JP and I had *words* just as I was walking out the door. He asked me if I was *under control* and I said "No". I had tons of work to do. He said he'd see me *tomorrow*. I said "No, you won't. It's Friday." And off we went to the races, so to speak. My charity only goes so far, I guess. I'm not sure. I'm really torn. I did my part. I paid my dues. Eight years of building a company from almost nothing to being one of the biggest and the best on the coast. Then when hard times hit I took 4 pay cuts, then had my hours reduced twice, then the lay-off. I was the "last to go." I don't know what more they want from me or what more I'm supposed to contribute - on a spiritual level. It's something I'm working through and the path is extremely difficult to navigate. I think this pain "In My Heart" is more symbolic than anything else. I spent several years studying Spiritualism and Symbolism, abandoning my Southern Baptist, Bible Beating, Pulpit Pounding, Hellfire and Brimstone roots. DH hates what it's doing to me. As much as he likes bosses DW and JP he sees how torn I am and the turmoil I'm in but I refuse to let him influence my decision. It's mine and mine alone. A destiny of sorts. An opportunity of growth that I have yet to embrace because I don't yet know what to embrace. I'm working on it...

So, that's it HEETers. Why I think my Heart hurts and what's causing me stress. If you want to send me your information please do so via private message through this site and I'll let DH know what to do *just in case*...

I hope you all had a Fabulous Friday and I'll *see* you in the morning!!

Julie
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    OHH Julie, I can tell you that if your job is doing this to you and you are not happy there you should quit. Life is too short for such nonsence. You are such a special lady. Please don't let yourself become a doormat so to speak. :frown: I'm getting ready to send you my info. Have a great night. :bigsmile: Cindy :heart:
  • happygirl518
    happygirl518 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Julie....It breaks my heart to hear you say, "your heart is hurting, and it sounds like in more than one way ~~~~I am glad you went to the ER to be checked out, and if the pain persist, be sure to go back and raise some _ _ _ _ !!!!! Perhaps honey this is your wake up call. God telling you its time to slowwwwww downnnnnn, and take care of yourself, spiritually, mentally, physically, ....those of us that get those calls are truly the lucky ones. Now you could not have told me that in 2003 when I took ill and within one yr. was terminated by my employer because my health was not good and the doctors would not release me to return. Looking back now I see it was a blessing.

You are so gifted Julie and perhaps once you get things straightened out and results back from the test and all, perhaps its time if you can to take a little time for yourself, and pursue something new. But for now nothing is more important than YOU Getting WELL. Your in my prayers and I am here for you always.

Cindy, Hazel, Lucy, thank you all for posting today and sharing.
    See you all tomorrow.
    Debbie:heart:
  • hazelmichling
    Options
    Julie, you know we care and will be praying. Your health is not worth all this stress though you care and that is what makes your decision making so difficult. Take some time off. I am sure DB understands now why you reacted the way you did on Thursday. Especially if you are a "volunteer employee", put Julie first.

Remember, God still has you in his list of children. He will not forsake you as He is faithful. Yes, He puts us through different trials and perhaps this is His way of getting your attention. Think about it. Say a prayer for yourself and redeem yourself. When God closes one door, He opens another. Put a smile on your face and keep on.
    :flowerforyou: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • hazelmichling
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY DEAR LUCYFAN, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU,. MAY THE LORD BLESS YOU AND KEEP YOU. Have a wonderful birthday day today. My prayer for you today is that the Lord will bless you with enough of everything your heart desires, time with the family, money to shop with, time to do your studies and time for enjoyment of this day that the Lord has made. This is the day, this is the day, this is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice, let us rejoice and be glad in it. We give praises for you and our new friendship and sisterhood. Lucy, I wish you only the best.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :smile:

Good morning to the rest of you Heeters.

Julie, I pray you are feeling much better today after a good night's rest. Take it easy today and REMEMBER, JULIE FIRST.

Debbie, I pray, too,m that your legs are feeling much better after some rest from exercise yesterday.

Toni, headache feels better too, I pray.

Kath, Bebe where are you? Cindy, you go girl. It's nice to be young and full of energy and homeschooling sounds like a lot of work but fun at the same time. Especially your field trips. Has Eddie been coming to you?

Going on an outing with DH today. We are going to see Bluebonnets!!! Hooray!!! I think they are so beautiful and the fragrance they put off i s wonderful for the senses. Will try to get some pictures and hopefully they turn out as I am not a very good photographer.

Have a great day and let us rejoice and celebrate Lucy's birthday. Hip hip hooray!:drinker: :drinker:
  • happygirl518
    Options
    Good Morning Heeters, Hope your all doing well this morning, especially you Julie and Wonderland. Take care of yourselves and we will hold down the fort and keep the home fires burning while you rest up and get better.

DD is going to an Easter Egg Hunt this morning, and is al excited, then to another one next Saturday as well. So Easter has been on my mind alot. I am glad to be the cook, so that I have better control over the menu plan. I know for many that visit family it is challenging, but their are ways that you too can plan and enjoy the holiday and stay on track. Desserts are always a big part of this coming up holiday so make a low-cal dessert. One of our favorite is strawbetty shortcake. Take an angel food cake and slice in half filling the middle with lite cool whip and sliced strawberries, then ice the top of the cake with cool whip as well and slices of strawberries and serve immediately.

We use to have an adult easter egg hunt after dinner. All the children after hunting for easter eggs and treats, would then hide the eggs and watch the adults find them. The winner would then gather all the children together and read them a story fit for the holiday, biblical one, or traditional fiction. It was alot of fun, and I do miss those that have been gone for my life for a while now fo their wonderful traditions and what they gave to me and my children. What blessings. Easter is a special time for me in every sense of the word. Being of catholic faith it is filled with celebration and traditions we hold dear as a family. I wish you all a very blessed holiday and may it be a time of renewal of faith, love and joy.

Happy Birthday Lucy!!!!!!!!! Have a Wonderful Day! Make a wish and blow out your candles!
    Tootin my party horn.........................................bbl Debbie
  • lucyfan2009
    Options
    Gosh, Julie what can I say...I'm sorry all this has happened to you, with your job and health and such. It's fine if you leave your church, just don't leave Jesus, He is not someone you want to abandon in your search for "what to do" or "meaning in your life". I will keep praying for the Lord to encourage you, heal you, give you guidance, heal your heart, broken as it is, and whatever else I can think of...:smile:

I will be sending my info to you as well, and if everyone else is okay with it, I will be keeper #2.

Hazel, your bluebonnets sound wonderful, smell some for me and if you can send pictures if you can.

Thanks for everyone for my birthday wishes. I got the best card from Matt, it made me cry, which I don't normally do. I'm going shopping with my son, my DH is making me breakfast and it will be a great day!

I'll post some more later!
    Lucy
  • LilWaterBug
    Options
    Happy Sunny Saturday HEETers!

And Happy Birthday to Lucy!! WooHoo!

Made homemade Egg Muffins for breakfast. I have those little circle/ring things that you put in your pan to cook your egg in a cirlce shape. Just kind of a fun twist on breakfast. I bought whole wheat muffins yesterday and I added a slice of tomato to mine. Even though it's just a slice, if you start adding things here and there you can start getting more vitamins without too many calories.

Gonna take it slow today. Have lots to do but I'm not gonna be in a hurry to do it. It will get done one way or the other.

Thank you all for your kind words. I feel better already. Just getting it off my chest. I kind of *dumped* on DH last night about some other things that were bothering me (not him or us - just stuff). I really think I needed to do that. Just let it go. This new neighbor that just moved in to a rental about 3 months ago called animal control on Kitty Cat. She's the one that was abandoned by the renter next door and we've been feeding for over a year and would bring her in during the really cold nights. We're both pretty whizzed off about it but we don't have the money to go get her and can't keep her in the house full time because of the dogs and my cat allergy. There's half a dozen feral cats in this neighborhood and the only reason he called on her was because she's friendly enough to walk up to you and let you pick her up. I think he held her until they showed up. We saw the truck and when Kitty didn't come around for a couple days we knew what happened so DH asked one of the kids and he confirmed that his dad had called them. So now we feel guilty. We'd like to go get her but just feel torn about the situation. Stupid Guy! Newcomer to the neighborhood and has no clue what's going on or the story behind what he's done. Ugh!!

Well, the birds are going crazy out back. I can hear them all the way in to my office. We've finally got some sunshine after days of overcast skies and dreariness. Time for me to get up and get busy doing something.

Hazel, enjoy your day in the flowers! Wishing everyone a beautiful, fragrant, colorful day today! :flowerforyou:

Julie

Edit...Hey Lucy, you and I were posting at the same time...Yes, thanks for offering to be Keeper #2!! I'll send you information as I get it. I hope you have a FABULOUS birthday!! :love:
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Hi HEETERS! I already got my 3 mile watp in this morning. I made some hummingbird food and vacumed and did dishes. Guess why I did all of this before 9 am? Eddie's coming to stay the day today. :bigsmile: We'll have loads of fun! I'll catch up with you all later. Have a great day! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: Cindy :heart: :heart:
  • LilWaterBug
    Options
    MOTIVATION4.jpg

YAY!!!!! I finally figured it out!!! How to post a picture in a thread!!!

WooHoo!!!

These are my glass beads that I keep in my bathroom. Every pound lost I move 3 beads to the other jar. Only reason I'm using 3 instead of 1 is because I had enough beads to do it and they look so pretty.

WooHoo!! :laugh: :tongue: :laugh: :tongue:
  • LilWaterBug
    Options
    MOTIVATION3.jpg

MOTIVATION2.jpg

And these are my Motivational Stars. The top one shows where I am today and the bottom shows all the different variations of numbers so I can pick and choose according to my weight lost...
  • LilWaterBug
    Options
    Ok, slide shows don't work...:ohwell:
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Hideeho Heeters! WELLL, Eddie's dad called and said he had forgotten he had to help someone move today. So no Eddie . He did say he would call me about tomorrow. Julie, I know what you mean about that cat. :frown: I love animals. We have 2 cats ,1 dog and a hamster :heart: . I have always had animals and always will. We have stray cats running around our neighborhood too. I feed them. I even have named them all. One of them is a beautiful white female with blue eyes. Last May she brought her 5 kittens and left them under our deck. I saved the poor babies. We kept a white kitten and found homes for the other 4 . That little white kitten is now my 18 pound baby. He looks exactly like a Rag Doll cat. He's huge! He has the most beautiful blue eyes. I think many people do not like cats. They look at them as nusinses. I WISH everyone would understand that spaying and neutering your pets is not an option. Unless you are going to breed the animal getting it fixed ensures it's long healthy life and will reduce the strays. I want to open a pet rescue center one day. That is one of my main goals in life this and to adopt a child . Your pictures look great. I like your stone idea. I might do that too. What a great visual! I'm bored! I'ts very windy here. No afternoon walk for me. I already did my 3 mile watp. I hope it dies down for my walk tonight. I hope your feeling better dear friend. ttfn- Cindy :heart:
  • happygirl518
    Options
    Good Afternoon everyone, finally home and man am I glad to be. Our morning was busy but fun. Kay got lots of easter eggs at the easter egg hunt. A business on the edge of town sells john deere tractors and they had the hunt for the kids. Kay got around 30 easter eggs filled with candy in all, and their must have been close to 150 kids from 1 to age 10.

Then I took the family with me to the store and got just what was on sale. Then went to another store and they were out of the meat they had on sale, so got a rain check. All in all I didn't do bad, but I am worn out. but for all I saved I think it was all worth it. So freezer is packed full, can't fit another thing in it, same with pantry, so we will eat good for a week or two. Even got the cat and dog food for the month as I had coupons and it too was on sale, so they are good as well.

That is ashame Julie that that new neighbor had to call and have the cat taken away. I'm sure it didn't set well with many of your neighbors, your probably not alone.

Cindy, you are so right, everyone needs to do their part when it comes to their animals. When we got our puppy we went 40 miles away where she was with a family that helps with rescuing animals through an animal shelter, and of what we paid for her, part of the amount helps in the spaying which she is due to have done next month. She is a delightful puppy and very loving. We have a cat that I absolutely adore, and I must say I never liked cats growing up....can't say I didn't like them as much as that I was thought to be afraid of them. I had no idea how much fun they can be. My DH is an animal lover, especially when it comes to cats, as he's always had them. I wouldn't part with them for anything. We had rabbits (2) and another cat and dog before moving and had to find homes for them and we still miss them. The 2 we have now I will not give up as we've sacrificed so much in the last several months. We continue to re-build our lives and are going to get there someday.

Glad you all all having a great day. Lucy I hope you are having a birthday that you will cherish, and your day is filled with love and happiness.

Well gonna get dinner, everyone have a great day, Love Debbie:heart: