Dr Oz says people who cheat lose more weight

Options

Replies

• kathyc609
    kathyc609 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Ok..maybe I need to watch that show because all I got from these posts is that everyone cheats with a guy named Spike. I'm sure he's getting all the exercise he needs. :wink:

lololol!
  • stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    bump
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I do agree with this but just the words "Dr OZ says" makes me not want too lol
  • serenity216
    serenity216 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    One of my cousins is a trainer and says the same thing. It's been working for me so far also! =)
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    it has worked for me. so i nowadays use pms days as spike days :P

ditto!
  • krypt5
    krypt5 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    35l8qj.jpg
  • Guardien
    Guardien Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    The idea behind having a cheat day or meal has 2 main reasons.
    1) You have something torward to, like a reward for good eating
    2) Our bodies adapt rather quickly, so restricting calories constantly can lower your metabolism. It will believe that this is all the energy it will have to run on and go into starvation mode. A caloric spike every now and then will keep your metabolism relatively steady.
    It really does work. People who refuse to allow themselves a cheat day or meal get grouchy sooner, have less energy in the long run, hit plateaus earlier, and worst of all, are more likely to gain the weight back upon going into what they think would be maintemance mode.
  • bstoetzer
    Options
    Ok..maybe I need to watch that show because all I got from these posts is that everyone cheats with a guy named Spike. I'm sure he's getting all the exercise he needs. :wink:

LMAO!!
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I have been making a point to spike around the middle of the week, have a little fun food here and there since mainly its also my gym day. I still drink plenty of water during my cheat days and make sure to keep under in my sodium but besides that I enjoy some leeway to have maybe a sweet or some sort of comfort food with butter.
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options

But but..Dr. Oz is the bomb ~ hehe you don't like him?
  • dls1957
    dls1957 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    What are you doing that you lost 7 lbs in 1 week????. I have been maintaining my 1200 calories a day and have been exercising 60 - 90 minutes a day and have only missed 1 day exercising and have only had 2 spiked calorie days in the last 3 weeks and have only lost 3 lbs. I need a week like you had to get me more pumped up.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    < Cheater here too. I tracked it one time and haven't bothered since - I still get my water down, but I don't fuss too much over what I'm eating. The time I tracked it, I ate 3700 calories that day and lost 3lbs that week. When I ate less on my last spike day, I lost less too.
  • dbutorac
    dbutorac Posts: 120
    Options
    I do't believe it. Believing stuff like that is why we are all in this boat.
  • lorabaybai
    Options
    Bump
  • Nettabee
    Nettabee Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    It all makes sense!!!!

Since joining MFP las Monday (1/23/12) i've had two days that I thought i completely BLEW. The first was last Thursday, when I cracked and went to Cookout. I feel soooo guilty, I worked my butt off in the gym and watched EVERY thing I ate. Then again on yesterday, I was so worn out from working out, and I just felt like eating and not doing a thing (except sit-ups and stretching). I didn't eat any fast food, but I ate plenty of bread. So I know I have to kick butt the rest of the weekend.

At my weigh in on Wednesday I had lost 8lbs and I couldn't believe it!! If I have the same positive results after my next weigh in, i'm definitely going to give myself a spike day once a week! I don't think I could gorge or over do it like in the video clip, but a day of carefree eating and minimum exercise doable!
  • nitepagan
    nitepagan Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    On every Tuesday, I take my daughter to Weight Watchers to get weighed in. We end up at Denny's for supper, so that is my splurge meal. Last couple times, I had the the Ultimate Skillet and the other week was Western Skillet. I don't agree with having egg whites in place of real eggs. I have scrapped their chocolate shake for their cup of coffee. I end up with about 800 calories for the meal. :glasses:
  • reddi2roll
    reddi2roll Posts: 356 Member
    Options

lololol!

Could you send me Spikes phone number? HHHAAAAHAAAA
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    I do't believe it. Believing stuff like that is why we are all in this boat.

Wrong, eating at a calorie surplus everyday is why we are in this boat.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options

But but..Dr. Oz is the bomb ~ hehe you don't like him?

Hes a quack
  • MrsSullivan08
    MrsSullivan08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I like the sound of this!!! And I have had at least one cheat day a week and have lost 9.5 pounds in 25 days. So I think its safe to say I am a believer. :) Thank you for posting this.