50+ Women for the Month of April

Options

Replies

• Exqitblkprl
    Exqitblkprl Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hey Everybody, It's me Pearl and I'mmmmm Baaaaccck!!! Just stopping in for a quick second to make my presence known. I want to say thanks to the lovely ladies who checked on me when I sort of fell by the wayside and disappeared for time. All was not lost while I was gone. I managed to keep on track with the battle of the bulge and have dropped another 6.5 pounds...wooo hooo!!! When I have a little more time ( not tonight) I'll have to bring my ticker up to date. Now that it's warm I've been getting out and walking with a group of friends and we even get together to exercise. OMG can you believe it...I actually look forward to walking and exercising now. I feel like something is wrong if I don't get it in, LOL. Maybe it's the company I'm keeping while doing it....um, heck yes, it's the company I'm keeping. There's power in numbers, LOL Anyway...just wanted to come by and say hey to you all and let you know the girl is back in town! Have a great evening and I'll be back soon.

Hugs To You All,

Pearl
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Hi to all the ladies:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

:flowerforyou: weaklink, that story about your cat and the hair dryer is hilarious. I had tears in my eyes from laughing. I'm glad I read it. Very funny story. I'm still laughing.

scared_cat.jpg

:flowerforyou: Pearl I'm glad the girl is back in town. You go girl.

:flowerforyou: Sue Boy you are working hard. Keep going:glasses: Glad you almost have your cement done.

:flowerforyou: Benson, I have done that so many times, and boy am I happy when I realize I have already logged in my dinner. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: R E L I E F !!!!!

:flowerforyou: doobiedoo just keep at it. Don't stop and keep checking in with your food log. Nice to see you again. :bigsmile:

:heart: Kathy
  • elli
    elli Posts: 593
    Options
    hi everyone - Weedie - hope you're doing ok........you're in my thoughts

I had a really good day - started with a 20 minute jog with the dogs - it's nice enough in the mornings now! After work i glopped more wood, went to the gym - did elliptical, bike and legs. Then when i came home i stripped the wood, then the dogs and went for an hour long walk. We checked on one wild asparagus patch and even got to pick a little! We saw a coyote and a pair of pheasants! Very fun!!!!!!

I ate all but about 200 of my exercise calories today and it feels like i ate WAY too much. I guess i'll keep trying it tho. These last 5 pounds are SO hard to lose!!!!!! The other times i've done it i know i've eaten way less - but maybe if i do it this way they'll stay off forever.

Welcome back Pearl and congrats on the 6.5 pounds! That's AWESOME!

For all of you who have trouble with water - have you tried Sport Tea? it's a cold brew, ginseng tea - no caffeine - it's REALLY good and i count it as a quart of water every day.

Happy Thursday night!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options

For all of you who have trouble with water - have you tried Sport Tea? it's a cold brew, ginseng tea - no caffeine - it's REALLY good and i count it as a quart of water every day.

Happy Thursday night!
    ?
    I have never heard of Sport tea. Do you know who makes it? As soon as you said no caffiene, you had my attention. I hope it is available in my area. Thanks for mentioning it.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,995 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I read everything but my brain is too fried to write tonight.:laugh:

All is well
    hope all is well with all of you. Keep up the good work. :bigsmile:

Barbie :love: :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • weedietoday
    Options
    Back to life after a very, very hard day. Our Julie did not suffer and I stayed with her during the euthanasia and for some time after. My poor husband had to leave when we put her on the table. The vet was wonderful. We spent the evening talking about the good stuff (and any cat lover knows we talked about the funny stuff) and went through the house and gathered all her things. We are going to bury her toys and such with her when her ashes come back. Thanks to all of you for your support. It meant so much to know that most of you have been through similar loss and reached out to me.

I wasn't able to stay too focused on food, water, and exercise yesterday so I'll try and get back on the bus today.

The sport tea. Who makes and markets it? It does sound interesting...

Another question. I am not totally computer illiterate, but am not the brightest light on the computer shelf. Is there a simple explanation of how to get your ticker to show on your post?
  • plantlady99
    Options
    Talk about not putting two and two together.

Sometimes, I just don't think.

I was reading weaklinks funny story about her cat and the hair dryer and so quickly had to find a funny cat pic. Then this morning I read weedies terribly hard day yesterday. Boy I was not thinking.

Please forgive me:cry::cry: :cry: :cry:

:heart: Kathy
  • dricotta1
    dricotta1 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Mornin' to all,

I have just barely had time to catch up on posts. So good to hear from everyone.

Weedie--I, too, am really sorry about you losing your cat. I lost my 13 yr. old Beagle many years ago and now have an 11 yr. old everything mix. He's in good health but I know the time is coming. They become such a part of our lives that their loss leaves a real hole in our hearts.

Weigh in for me tomorrow and, although I still feel like I'm looking better, I'm afraid that stubborn scale is not going to have moved. My friend and exercise buddy suggested that maybe I need to up calories since I've been working outside and using more. I just don't know. Anyone tried the adding calories when you're stuck? I seems counter intuitive but.....?

With the little ones today and off to home town to bury and scatter my father's ashes tomorrow. Keep me in prayers please. Diane
  • elli
    Options
    'morning everyone

Diane - I hope there will be peace for you in the scattering of your Dad's ashes.

Weedie - hope today is a better day. It seems like too many of us are having to deal with the loss of our beloved pets right now. I had an appointment for the vet to come see my old (27) horse this afternoon and when i got up this morning he was gone:brokenheart: :cry: Oh it's just so hard..........WHY did i get her out here sooner???????????

Thank God my best friend works here with me and today just so happens that her husband came to work with her. They'll help me get through this.

Thank you all for listening - i'll check back in soon.

elli
  • elli
    Options
    oh - sorry - the Sport Tea...........i'll look at the box when i go home - but i know they have a website now. It's just www.sportea.com i think!
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    I am not totally computer illiterate, but am not the brightest light on the computer shelf. Is there a simple explanation of how to get your ticker to show on your post?

1. Go to Tools and create your ticker.
    2. Highlight and copy the code you'll find at the bottom of the page.
    3. Go to MFP Account Settings and click on the link for "Change your forum signature".
    4. Paste the code there.
    5. If you want to add your name or goals hit the return button and then type what you want below your ticker.
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    I'm feeling empowered today. I went Garage Sale-ing this morning and MADE money! After spending $4 at one and $1 at another for a total of 6 different items, I found $6 on the pavement as I was getting into my car. :happy:

Now I'm going outside to treat the lawn for gophers and then on to the treadmill.

Happy Friday y'all! :flowerforyou:
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options
    Morning Ladies

So very sorry Elli. I'm glad you have someone to be with you through this sadness. Chin up:flowerforyou:

Suezzzque - you should buy a lottery ticket today!!! Good scoop on the $$ found and the bargains found.

Yesterday I did great but again no exercise - at least formally anyway. I only went over by 9 little calories so I am still hopeful for a loss tommorrow on dreaded scale day!!

This weekend for sure I am walking and cleaning. I am going for the weekend warrior attitude of Kathy to see if I can keep my good habits up front and keep in control. Unfortunately the farther you allow yourself to stray, the farther the road back is. Baby steps!!

Ladies we are all moving forward. I think I am the slow poke on the weight loss but only because I've allowed myself to go 3 steps forward and 4 steps back. I hope I have the strength to drop the backward slides.

In case I don't get back on line, have a great weekend all.

Heather
  • FITFORLIFE1944
    Options
    KATHY , GLAD YOU HAD SUCH A GOOD TIME WITH MOM AND AUNTIE.
    DON'T FEEL BAD ABOUT THE PICTURE OF THE CAT. I AM SURE WEEDIE UNDERSTANDS. SHE SAID THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT THE FUN TIMES WITH THE CAT. LIFE DOES GO ON FOR US AND WE CAN LOOK BACK AND FEEL ONLY THANKFUL THAT PEOPLE OR PETS WHO CAME INTO OUR LIVES BROUGHT SUCH JOY TO US.

ELLI, SO VERY SORRY DEAR. MY HEART GOES OUT TO YOU.

DIANE, THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU.

BARB, I KNOW IT'S A LONG ROAD, DO THINK OF SMALL GOALS ONLY. I DID 5LBS AT A TIME. BEST DAY WAS REACHING 199, NO MORE 200'S YEA!!! ALSO IN DOING SOMETHING ABOUT YOUR WEIGHT, YOU ARE BACK IN CONTROL. OTHERWISE YOU COULD KEEP GAINING.
    THERE ARE DAYS I FEEL LIKE I AM 30 AND OTHERS WHEN I FEEL LIKE I AM 90. I TRY TO FIND SOMETHING TO BE THANKFUL FOR EACH AND EVERY DAY. GOOD HEALTH IS EVERYTHING IN LIFE.
    CAN'T ENJOY LOOKING GOOD IF YOU FEEL SICK OR TIRED OR OLD. I LEARNED THE HARD WAY.

HEATHER, SORRY YOU WERE IN A LOT OF PAIN, HOPE YOU ARE BETTER NOW.
    THAT DOCTOR WAS SO WRONG IN HOW HE HANDLED YOUR CASE AND SHOULD HAVE LOOKED AT ALL TESTS,SINCE THEY BOTHERED TO TAKE THEM. PERHAPS HE HAD ALREADY WORKED MANY HOURS AND WAS FEELING STRESSED. OUR EMERGENCY ROOMS ARE SO OVER BURDENED THESE DAYS. I DON'T WANT TO HURT YOUR FEELINGS, BUT WASN'T IT POSSIBLE TO GO TO A WALK IN FAMILY PRACTICE OR GET ANOTHER DOCTOR TO FIT YOU IN. EMERGENCY ROOMS ARE LIKE 911 AND SHOULD BE USED ONLY FOR REAL EMERGENCIES.
    GLAD YOU MET YOUR GOALS YESTERDAY.

DEBI, I'M WITH YOU. THIS IS THE BEST TIME OF YEAR AND BEST FOODS FOR DIETING ARE OUT THERE. I USED TO PUT A DROP OF WATER IN A POT AND ADD THE VEGGIES AND CALL IT STEAMED. NOW I USE A REAL STEAMER AND WHAT A DIFFERENCE IT MAKES.I JUST LOVE MY VEGETABLES.

SUSAN, LOVE YOUR BODY AND APPRECIATE IT AT ANY WEIGHT. YOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL.
    JUST KEEP GOING AND WHATEVER WEIGHT YOU REACH AT THE TIME OF YOUR GOAL, BE HAPPY WITH IT. CONCENTRATE ON WHAT YOU ARE ACCOMPLISHING. YOU ARE DOING SUCH A GOOD JOB.

DOOBIE, NOT A GOOD FEELING AT ALL WHEN WE SEE A GAIN. IT DOES ALL COME DOWN TO HOW BAD DO I WANT IT. YOUR WORDS "AM I WILLING TO PAY THE PRICE" SHOW A SIGN OF FEELING DEPRIVED. PERHAPS YOU CAN FIND MORE SUBSTITUTES FOR THE FOODS YOU CANNOT HAVE A LOT OF RIGHT NOW. I MISS A SWEET TREAT SO I DO THE 100 CALORIE PACK OF HOSTESS CUPCAKES OR THE DIET PUDDINGS AND JELLO. IF YOU FEEL HUNGRY, FILL UP ON SALADS AND VEGGIES. BE SURE TO EAT LOTS OF PROTEIN AND FIBER. DO YOU WANT THAT KICK ? "JUST DO IT"
    WISH YOU SUCCESS.

HAPPY FRIDAY ALL.
    ANNE
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    SUSAN, LOVE YOUR BODY AND APPRECIATE IT AT ANY WEIGHT. YOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL.
    JUST KEEP GOING AND WHATEVER WEIGHT YOU REACH AT THE TIME OF YOUR GOAL, BE HAPPY WITH IT. CONCENTRATE ON WHAT YOU ARE ACCOMPLISHING. YOU ARE DOING SUCH A GOOD JOB.

Thanks for the pep talk. Loving my body has never come naturally to me. Even when I was "in my prime" I always thought I was too something. Sadly I am much more comfortable with who I am now (with all the wrinkles and bulges) than I was then. That is one reason my realistic goal weight is 145. I know I'll never weigh 109 again....
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options
    Anne - You are not hurting my feelings - I knew that going in and am very concious of not over-using our services but the telehealth nurse suggested the ER because I would have to have an x-ray (she thought) All is well that ends well and I did forgive his behaviour for much the same as those reasons you stated- however it doesn't excuse the fact that I was treated poorly and wasn't at all to blame for being put in the Cardiac care area of triage. That actually stressed me out because I naturally assumed that my vital numbers were something to be concerned about. Thanks for always being supportive - and honest.

Heather
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    The sport tea. Who makes and markets it? It does sound interesting...

I found the website. It is sportea.com. as Elli said. The company is located in Colorado, and I talked to a very nice lady named "Lana" when I called them. Whole Foods/Wild Oats can order the product in, but not all stores carry it. You can order it from the website, also.

At present it is only sold in teabag form, but they are working on a bottle version for the future. I plan on scoping out my Whole Foods store to see if it is available. Another thing you can do is call the phone number on the website, give them your location, and they will look up and see if a retailer near you carries the product.

Weedie: I am glad you will have your Julie's ashes. It has been a comfort to me. I have little Dreyfus, my late Shih tzu with me still. When I can plan a trip to his favorite beach, about 100 miles from me, Mai Li and Pepper and I will make a visit and he will live forever at Long Beach, WA.

Diane: My thoughts are with you as you scatter your dad's ashes.

Elli: What a terrible shock it must have been for you to discover your horse was gone. I am glad you had someone around who could understand and support you.
    I'm feeling empowered today. I went Garage Sale-ing this morning and MADE money! After spending $4 at one and $1 at another for a total of 6 different items, I found $6 on the pavement as I was getting into my car.
    Suezzzque: This reminds me of something that happened to me a couple of weeks ago. I managed to go to work without my id badge and keys. Fortunately, I only live 3 miles away, so I went home to get them, and upon my return, as I walked through our parking lot and past a large SUV, what should be sitting folded up on the rear bumper but a $1 bill!!:glasses: It is amazing how one can always see money, especially in a parking lot at 5:10am!!:happy:

Today I went to Costco, and ran the sample gauntlet. Can you imagine the evil mind that put the guy with the CHOCOLATE :love: muffins right NEXT to the produce cooler entrance?!?! I confess to having a couple of bites. Then we started talking about calorie myths. Here are a few:

"Samples have no caloric value." :laugh:

"Your own birthday cake has no calories.":laugh:

"Everyone else's birthday cake has only half the usual number of calories for others,and none for the birthday person.":laugh:

"If you eat on an airplane and change time zones during your jouney, you will leave the calories behind.":laugh:

"Putting the word 'just' in front of whatever you are about to eat will reduce the caloric value, as in " I'll 'just' have another small piece of that chocolate cake!!":noway: :laugh:

You get the idea. Does anybody have any more of these little gems?:bigsmile:

After my shopping trip, I delivered some items to my mother, who was nice enough to have a big plate of just baked Nestle Tollhouse cookies staring me in the face when I walked in the kitchen. Talk about lead us not in to temptation!! Each one of those babies has about 110 calories and 6 grams of fat. NO FAIR!!:grumble:

I may not get back to the post until Sunday. On Saturday I am driving about an hour east of my location to attend a birthday party for 5. My birthday and another friend's is in April, and her husband, her mother and a friend of mine are all born in May, so we are going to jointly celebrate.:drinker: (To those of you who remember the 70's--I don't mean THAT kind of joint !!):smile:

I can just about guarantee an interesting post upon my return. I am making the trip with my two dogs PLUS a labrador with ADHD and an elderly pug, along with their owner in my little Toyota Matrix. To keep things from gettng dull, we will also be transporting 2 birthday cakes and 2 ROTISSERIE CHICKENS!! :noway:

Would anyone like to make bets on whether or not the chickens will be intact by the time we arrive??:laugh:

Well everyone have a good weekend. I am going to weigh in tomorrow, so we will find out if my zigging and zagging has been my undoing.:ohwell:

I am trying to stay awake long enough to see if the Blazers can pull a rabbit out of the hat in their 3rd game against Houston. Then it is sleepytime.:yawn:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,995 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Life gets busier all the time. I did find time todayfor line dance and the dog park and planning healthy meals.

We were at an event this evening where I spent some time with a friend who had gotten to her goal weight a year or so ago and now has put on weight and seems to be more interested in food than she is in staying in her smaller size clothes. What a teacher she was for me. We had eaten our regular supper at home and skipped the potluck part of the event and talking to my friend reinforced my focus on sticking to my plan.

Weedie---my heart is with you today----how brave of you to stay with Julie at her last moments----I hope the crying will pass soon and the warm memories will fill your heart. We had our beloved Golden Retriever, Shilo, cremated and bought two lovely boxes so half her ashes are on the mantle at home and the other half are in the motorhome because she loved to travel.

Elli---I am so sorry about your horse---something like that happened to me with my cat, Nadia, many years ago and I thought I’d never forgive myself, but in time the anger at myself and the sadness for her passed and I was able to go on---I wish the same for you.

Diane----I wish you the best feelings as you scatter your dad’s ashes---I’ll be thinking of you

Susan---I love how you find the positive things in what you do. Keep that attitude; it’s going to get you where you’re going. Good luck with your air conditioning

Heather----you, too, have a positive attitude---you don’t give up---keep on trudging, you’ll get where you want to go

Anne---you always have such great stuff to say---thanks for keeping us all on track

Barb
    you seem to find the greatest entertainment in everyday activities
    I’m betting that you’ll win the war of keeping the chicken safe until your destination---you may all be bonkers by the time you get there:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

And to everybody else, let’s all keep putting one foot in front of the other and make this weekend a triumph in the health and exercise game. We can do it.

I went to yoga again yesterday and learned some new stuff and found some muscles I didn't realize i had.

Pleasant dreams to all.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    Barbie
  • FITFORLIFE1944
    Options
    HI EVERYONE,

BARB , I WILL GIVE THAT LIST OF CALORIE MYTHS SOME THOUGHT.YOU HAVE SO MANY GOOD ONES,DON'T KNOW IF I CAN COME UP WITH ANY,BUT WILL TRY IT.
    DID YOU MEAN YOU AND YOUR FRIEND AND PETS WOULD EAT THE CHICKEN?

BARBIE, GLAD YOUR FRIEND GAVE YOU MORE INCENTIVE. IT'S SAD WHEN WE SEE FRIENDS AND FAMILY MAKING A BIG MISTAKE AND GAINING BACK WEIGHT. NO ONE CAN DO IT FOR THEM,SO WE HAVE TO JUST HOPE THEY WAKE UP.

PEARL, WELCOME BACK.

SUSAN AND BARB, FINDING MONEY REMINDED ME OF SOMETHING I ALWAYS FOUND ASTOUNDING. IT IS ABOUT MONEY,BUT NOT FINDING IT. I WANT TO SHARE THIS TRUE STORY WITH EVERYONE. MY MOM WOKE UP ONE MORNING AND NEVER HAVING GAMBLED A DIME IN HER LIFE,ASKED ME TO PUT ONE DOLLAR ON A NUMBER SHE DREAMED OF. SHE SAID MY GRANDMA CAME TO HER IN A DREAM AND SAID "MARGARET,I HAVE 5 DOLLARS, DO YOU HAVE 35 CENTS". SHE FELT IT WAS LUCKY. THAT VERY DAY I CALLED MY COUSIN TO PLACE THAT DOLLAR BET, NUMBER 535, FOR MOM AND IT CAME OUT.SHE WON 500.00. IF ONLY I HAD FAITH AND PLACED SOME MONEY ON THAT NUMBER TOO. LOL. AMAZING TO ME EVEN NOW THAT IT HAPPENED THE WAY IT DID.

WISH EVERYONE A WONDERFUL DAY. STAY STRONG!

ANNE
  • plantlady99
    Options
    Good Morning All,

My :heart: heart goes out to all that are sad. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

The weather is just wonderful here today. It could reach 70 to 80. That's New England. I hope to spend most of it out doors. I have been working hard keeping my weight down. I hope by the end of the month it at least stays the same.

Not sure If I'm going to the gym. I still have so much to do out in the yard. So, I just might put my HRM on and go nuts out doors. My neighbors will think "I'm nuts" but, they know the already. :bigsmile:

:heart: to all

Kathy