Options
1181920212224»

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,992 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :explode: :explode: :explode:

Here's what happened to my goals:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

*lose 4 pounds--March 29 166 pounds April 27 156 pounds That surprised me to lose 10 pounds

*keep doing what's been working----I did about half of that
    I tracked my meals, walked, went to line line dance, drank water
    BUT I completely forgot about strength training

*add squats to my workout---I did that for about four days and then completely forgot.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm headed for yoga today so when I do goals for May, I'll probably add something about sticking with the yoga since I bought a yoga mat and a yoga DVD to take in the motorhome.

Now we're off to a bunch of errands. I'll write more later.:bigsmile:
    Barbie:bigsmile:
  • FITFORLIFE1944
    Options
    HI EVERYONE,

HAVE VISITORS FROM NY AND HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO DO MUCH POSTING. I JUST READ ALL THAT YOU HAVE WRITTEN AND JUST FEEL SO HAPPY FOR THOSE WHO REACHED GOAL OR EVEN LOST ANY WEIGHT AT ALL. ALSO FOR THOSE WHO MET OTHER GOALS THEY SET. THE ONLY TIME WE SHOULD FEEL LIKE FAILURES IS IF WE GIVE UP. AS LONG AS YOU KEEP TRYING YOU CAN NEVER BE A FAILURE.

MY HEART GOES OUT TO THOSE WHO WILL BE WITHOUT THEIR BELOVED CHILDREN OR MOTHERS THIS MOTHER'S DAY. THE HARDEST PART OF LIVING IS LOSING SOMEONE YOU LOVE.

KATHY, I HAVE TO SEND YOU A HUG, DEAR. WHAT A TERRIBLE THING TO HAVE HAPPEN TO YOU.
    I AM GLAD YOU ARE ALRIGHT AS FAR AS INJURIES GO AND ALSO THE YOUNG MAN.

MY GOAL FOR APRIL WAS TO LOSE 4LBS. I LOST 2LBS.
    I NEVER DID DRINK THE PLAIN WATER, BUT GUESS WHAT. WEIGHT WATCHERS HAS NOW SAID THAT WATER IS THE BEST BUT ANY LIQUIDS ARE OK. I AM DOING WATER WITH ONE OUNCE OF JUST ABOUT ANYTHING IN IT
    I DID ALL THE EXERCISING I PROMISED MYSELF I WOULD DO

I KNOW WITHOUT YOU LADDIES ,I WOULD NOT HAVE LOST ANYTHING AND I WOULD NOT HAVE JOINED WW. YOU GAVE ME RENEWED MOTIVATION. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH.

NOW, ON TO MAY .

ANNE
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I got my new pedometer set up. This is what it has been showing:
    Steps..12,000
    431 calories burned
    I walked almost 4 and 1/2 miles

You would think that I am active enough and this was just what I did while at work.
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm doing better today. Just really don't feel that great. I have a terrible head cold. So, I'm taking Benadryl to help me sleep. I will get better, I know.

Well, I'm an emotional eater,:noway: :noway: that is for sure. It didn't take long for me to want to eat every thing in site. I am working on it though. I went grocery shopping today and wanted to buy sweets, :bigsmile: :bigsmile: chocolate, ice cream etc. However, I :explode: fought the urge. Progress, I guess. So, what... two days of falling off the wagon, (I hope it's just two days:ohwell: ) is not bad.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I just want to thank you all for the support:drinker: . Everyday will get better. Time heals all wounds. I don't think I would have come back to reality as quickly, if I did not have you ladies. Believe me. I would look at my lap top and see all of you, encouraging me back. This is what this site is for. Thanks, Thanks, Thanks. BIG HUGS TO ALL.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

:heart: Kathy
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    Kathy...take care of yourself. I know that when you don't feel good you don't want to workout. So, get well, do not worry about being inactive now and you will get well sooner.
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    A story about my son comes to mind...we were always extremely close (especially the years his sister was ill and subsequently passed away). Anyway when he was about 3 he would say, "Mommy, I am always going to love you" I would reply, "and I am always going to love you but someday you will find a special someone you will love just as much but in a different way". My son looked at me and said, "but Mom I will always love you more because I loved you first!" I would never want him to chose me over his wife I just want the son back that has forgotten how to love and respect his parents. That is what I hope and long for. I am patient and strongly believe in miracles and will take the blessings wherever I can:happy:

:heart: :cry: heart:cry::heart:

Love that story
  • healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

Glad to hear that everyone is looking forward to starting a new month and new goals. I know that I certainly am eagerly awaiting the new month and better weather:bigsmile: I firmly believe that I will accomplish what I set my mind to.

My DH shared his nasty cold with me so I have been suffering with it all last nite and today:grumble: So no exercising for me yesterday or today. I sure hope that tomorrow I feel better.

I will post my goals tomorrow on the new thread. Thanks Esther for starting this fantastic group:heart:

Best wishes to all:flowerforyou:

Marie:heart:
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Look for the MAY thread in the Motivation and Support Board.

See you there:happy:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,992 Member
    Options
    It’s late and I’m expecting a phone call so I’ll be brief.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Susan----I agree with you about goals. I have to be so careful not to set big goals then kick myself for not reaching them Even so, I want to celebrate, as you did, even the partial reaching of them. You lost 4 pounds----that is absolutely fabulous.

Zaza, you were right on with what you said to your son about his birthday celebration. How wise of you to pause before answering and then give a loving a spiritual answer.

Esther---what fun to be getting your “new” trailer. I don’t envy you the job of moving your stuff. I hope there’s more room and storage in the new one. Thanks for taking the lead with this thread. It has been a lifeline for me. Congrats on your goals especially the late night snacking. I’m giving some serious thoughts about my May goals just like you because we’ll be traveling.

Heather----enjoy your indoor workout while it’s raining. Yes, you’ll be hearing from me while we’re on our trip. We have a wonderful laptop computer and I think all the RV parks have wifi service. I am determined to stick to my eating and exercising plan while we’re on the road.

Anne---I hope you had a great time with your visitors. You have been such a great encouragement to all of us. You lost 2 pounds in April. That is moving in the right direction.

Becky---That is amazing how much you walk at work. I have to go to line dance and walk at the dog park for an hour to get to 12,000 steps.

Kathy----just keep on putting one foot in front of the other (but not in the kitchen) and you’ll be out of this dark place before long. You’re right---every day will get better

Marie—I hope that nasty cold doesn’t last too long. I too am looking forward to the clean slate to the new month.

I bought two pairs of smaller jeans and two smaller t shirts today. It was a weird feeling to buy clothes that just barely fit. I’m used to buying things a little big because I think of myself as a weight gainer not a weight loser.

See you next month,
    Barbie:bigsmile:
  • doobiedoo
    doobiedoo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I had to work all last week and I really missed being on MFP! I continued to record my calories, but didn't get any time in on reading new postings or on the treadmill. I was afraid to weigh this morning, but when I did I had lost 3 pounds!!! I felt like I was going to burst! I was in a slump the week before and thinking I was tired of this dieting thing. But I know that is a negative mindset and I need to keep going to reach my goal. Each of you ladies is an enouragement to me more than you know and I hope I can be to you in some way. Thanks for hanging in there with me...:flowerforyou:
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    That is great doobiedoo. Three pounds is a lot. Do you work fulltime?
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Doobiedoo--

Congrats on the 3 lbs.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: . BTW you posted on the APRIL thread. Had me going there for a minute, couldn't figure out where all the stuff between your post and April 30th went.:laugh: :laugh:

Barb
  • elli
    elli Posts: 593
    Options
    hi everybody - just checking in real quick. We've been working hard all weekend - we're ALMOST done with the wiring in the old part of my house. WHEW - that's a relief!!!!!!!:smile: I'm pretty tired - yesterday was an 11 hour day, today was 10 hours starting at 7am. I have such amazing friends and family. Tuesday we should finish, then they'll be able to come and insulate - then we can move on to drywall, texture, etc......:yawn:

I didn't do great on food, and didn't get to work out - i'll get back on track tomorrow tho! Sorry i'm not responding to anyone's post - but i'll b back tomorrow! Night all.:yawn:
  • doobiedoo
    doobiedoo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I am a Postmaster Relief and work every Saturday. When the Postmaster is gone though I work for a week. That was the case last week. It is good, but I am always glad when it is over...It is good to get back on my regular schedule!:smile: