50+ Women for the Month of April

Options

Replies

• plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Hi All,:explode:

Hope everyone is having a great day.

I got to the gym and did my house work. Drove my little guy back and forth to school. (I drive a special need child to school) Then got home, had my salad with and egg. and now I just can't move. I was going to go out with my sister to listen to some music, but I just have no energy to do anything. So, home I will stay and get some rest.

funny-pictures-you-have-two-servings-of-fruit-and-one-serving-of-cute.jpg

:heart: Kathy
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Kathy..that is so cute !!! I love it.:love:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,997 Member
    Options
    :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

When we packed the car for our 4 day trip, it looked like we were headed for the wilderness
    blender, electric tea kettle, bags of food, bottles of water but we're obsessed with staying out of restaurants.:bigsmile:

A woman who lost a ton of weight said in a motivational talk at a TOPS meeting, "if you fail to plan, then you plan to fail"

Our car full of food, kathy's plan for what to eat at the food filled birthday party, and all the planning we all do to eat healthy meals and find time for exercise is why we will all succeed.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Just logging onto MFP pal every day and gaining strength from each other is part of the plan. Staying away from the detractors who tell us that we're fanatics or not having fun is part of the plan.

Sleep well and have a happy Friday.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • plantlady99
    Options
    Good Morning all,

Getting ready for another day.

Barbie :flowerforyou: "A woman who lost a ton of weight said in a motivational talk at a TOPS meeting, "if you fail to plan, then you plan to fail" You are so right.

Hello, all the ladies that have no time to stop by. Keep up the fight.

It's Friday and I am so ready to Fight the weekend. I will win. I will win.

• FITFORLIFE1944
    Options
    GOOD MORNING EVERYONE,
    BARBIE,
    CONGRATULATIONS ON THE LOSS OF 8LBS. WOW!!! FANTASTIC!!! ALSO ON MEETING THE OTHER GOALS YOU SET.

KATHY,
    THAT SAYING ABOUT PLANNING IS WHAT I BASED MY ENTIRE WEIGHT LOSS PROGRAM ON. EVERYONE NEEDS A GOOD PLAN. WE THINK OUR WILLPOWER IS NOT AS GOOD AS THE NEXT PERSON'S BUT I THINK IT IS THAT THE OTHER GUY HAS A BETTER STRATEGY. DR. PHIL ADVISES THIS AND A BOOK I READ TOO. IF WE THINK HARD ABOUT WHY WE FAILED, WE CAN SEE THE REASON AND REMOVE IT OR FIND A PLAN TO DEAL WITH IT IF NECESSARY. I DON'T HAVE TO WISH YOU LUCK FOR THIS WEEKEND, I KNOW YOU WILL MAKE IT THROUGH WITH FLYING COLORS.

WELL, EVERYONE HAS SOMETHING AND MY MOST HARD TO RESIST FOOD IS PIZZA. MY SON USUALLY BUYS IT ONCE A WEEK. SO I INCORPORATED INTO MY PLAN AND HAD PIZZA EVERY WEEK WITH THE FAMILY, 2 SLICES. IT NEVER ONCE CAUSED A WEIGHT GAIN BECAUSE I COUNTED THOSE CALORIES INTO THE DAY. I HAD A LIGHT BREAKFAST INSTEAD OF THE USUAL ONE AND A FISH AND VEGGIE LUNCH,VERY LOW CALORIES IN THAT, KEPT THE SNACKS TO FRUIT. SO, WE DON'T HAVE TO FEEL DEPRIVED OF ANYTHING, DO WE? WE JUST NEED THAT "PLAN".

WISH EVERYONE A HAPPY HEALTHY WEEKEND.

ANNE
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    Its GORGEOUS outside today! :laugh: :smile: :laugh: :happy: :laugh:

No treadmill for me today! :noway:

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: You'll find me out working in my new fowerbed. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Tomorrow would have been my mother's 92nd birthday... She died 5 weeks before she would have turned 91. Moma had quite the green thumb, so what better day to plant some flowers :flowerforyou:

Here's a picture of her from her last birthday:
    m82663024.jpg
  • plantlady99
    Options
    Its GORGEOUS outside today! :laugh: :smile: :laugh: :happy: :laugh:

No treadmill for me today! :noway:

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: You'll find me out working in my new fowerbed. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Tomorrow would have been my mother's 92nd birthday... She died 5 weeks before she would have turned 91. Moma had quite the green thumb, so what better day to plant some flowers :flowerforyou:

Here's a picture of her from her last birthday:
    m82663024.jpg

What a nice picture of your mom. I agree in your garden is the place to be. Warm (((HUGS))))

• Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Barbie: I want to grow to be like you :laugh: You are sooooo dedicated and determined!

Kathy: I know you can do it. Just think of all of us when you want to go off your plan. We will be lifting your arms as if you were fighting the army of overeating right beside you (and we are)!:happy:

Anne: Thanks for sharing. That is great stuff.

Susan: What a sweet picture of your mom. You're right - plant those flowers on her birthday. My mom and dad are both gone and I have a rose bush for each that was given to me from our Sunday School class. I love having those bushes and seeing them bloom all summer! I also have some Easter Lillies that were given to me when my dad died and it's so amazing that they bloom on the anniversary of his death each year!!! July 2!

Hope you all have a great day. Enjoy your weekend and lets ALL be weekend warriors!!!

Esther
  • FITFORLIFE1944
    Options
    HI SUSAN,

WHAT A LOVELY WOMAN YOUR MOM WAS. I CAN TELL YOU LOVED AND STILL LOVE HER VERY MUCH. MY MOM PASSED AWAY IN 2006. I MISSED HER SO MUCH,I STARTED EATING AN AWFUL LOT AND GAINED ABOUT 22LBS. I FINALLY WAS ABLE TO FUNCTION AGAIN AND STARTED TAKING CARE OF MYSELF. MY MOM WA 88 AND IN THREE MONTHS WOULD HAVE BEEN 89. I'M A BELIEVER IN SEEING OUR LOVED ONES AGAIN. WHEN MY MOM WAS LEAVING SHE WAS SO PEACEFUL AND SAID HER SISTER WAS THERE TELLING HER NOT TO BE AFRAID,IT WOULDN'T BE LONG. LATER MY COUSIN ASKED IF I THOUGHT MY AUNT WAS REALLY THERE AND I SAID YES,I TRULY BELIEVE IT. MANY CAN SAY NO, BUT THAT IS MY FEELING. MY AUNT HAD DIED THREE YEARS EARLIER AT 94 AND THEY WERE VERY CLOSE.
    ENJOY YOUR DAY AND YOUR FLOWER PLANTING. I'M SURE YOUR MOM WOULD WANT NOTHING MORE THAN FOR YOU TO BE HAPPY AND HEALTHY.

ANNE
  • elli
    elli Posts: 593
    Options
    Good morning all!

Susan - you've been through A LOT!!!!!! You've come through to the other side - way to go! Thank you so much for sharing the picture of your Mom - she's beautiful. My Mom died in 2004. Sunday night i had a total "meltdown" and couldn't stop crying. All i wanted was my Mom............:cry: I'm glad you're planting the flowers.:flowerforyou:

Anne - thank you for sharing your Mom story too. I would have believed her too - that her sister was there guiding her. Also - i love how you incorporate the pizza into your food plan! That's what i love about mfp as opposed to other "diet" plans. It's real life - NOTHING is off limits as long as we plan around it!

Esther - I'm with you, i want to be like Barbie when i grow up! Her determination just blows me away! I told her i'm afraid i would use the travelling as an excuse to eat rather than find the way to stay on plan!

OK Kathy - it's ON!!!!! The Weekend Weight Loss Warrior WILL prevail!!!!!!! We all know you can DO IT!!!!!!!!!!! Be Tough!!!:grumble: :angry: :grumble: :angry: :happy:

Everyone have a great weekend! We're in another blizzard warning right now for tomorrow, so we'll have to see how that goes. I'm worried about no workout today OR tomorrow..........i'm going to try to get at least one of the days in. and i usually do hot yoga on Sunday but it's my friend's grandson's birthday party.............oh NO - i'll have to resist cake................:angry::heart: elli:flowerforyou:
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    No blizzard here but it sure has cooled off and has gotten quite windy.
    I am not looking forward to another weekend. I always fall to my temptations. My son's girlfriend is also visiting again and she likes the sweet, yummy deserts.
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    After literally weeks of preparation, I FINALLY got to plant my new flowerbed today.:flowerforyou: It is near my mailbox and takes the brunt of the sun and wind so I filled it with thornless cactus and drought tolerant succulents. It won't look like much this year, because of spacing everything based on mature growth, but in the years to come it will look great with minimal upkeep. I used cactus hubby's Aunt gave me that looks like prickly pear, but no thorns, some Spanish Bayonets I dug up from the pasture land beside us, Some houseleak that used to be Moma's, and some low growing sedum I bought at Home Depot.

Best part is not only was it warm enough to wear shorts and a tank, to catch some rays so I don't lose my Cancun color, :glasses: but I burned enough calories to eat catfish with my in-laws tonight guilt free! :happy:

I've been working hard this week and everything in me want so weigh and measure today, but I'm trying to wait until Wednesday so it will have been a full week. :grumble:

:drinker: Time to drink more water :drinker: Have a great weekend y'all!
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

The hotel we're staying in has an arrangement to let hotel guests use the health club next door. I went over this morning and used the stair master for awhile then went to 30 minutes of a class that was some sort of mix of yoga and pilates with great music then went back later and used the elliptical for 25 minutes then hooked up with my friend to walk to Wal Mart. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Becky---maybe you can join up with Kathy and be another Weekend Weight Loss Warrior and Just say No to sweet treats:bigsmile: Maybe you can turn your house into a "sugar-free zone":laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Elli----OMG not another blizzard---you guys have had enough---doesn' t the weather man know that you have workouts to do:laugh: :laugh:

Anne---I agree with you so much that planning a special meal can work----nobody has be an innocent victim of pizza (does it have a lot of veggies on it?) or feel like a martyr in her own house.

Sue-z-z
    what a great tribute to your mom and what a great picture. My mom has been gone for over 17 years. We were with her in the hospital when she died. On the way home afterward we stopped at the store where we bought two half gallons of ice cream and ate out of the carton as we made the list of people to call and things to do----ice cream has always (until now) been my comfort food. My mother took me to ballet classes for years so my tribute to her has been the dancing I do now. Almost every day when I dance, I think, "thank you, Mommy, for leading me to dance as a joyous pastime." It must be the same with you and gardening.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

breakfast today----instant breakfast with soy milk, low sodium V-8 and then later banana and herb tea at the breakfast room in the hotel (yes, I avoided the fruit loops, waffles, bacon and eggs , and muffins)

Lunch canned 98% fat free turkey breast, canned asparagus, and tomato
    too much sodium but about 400 calories:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

get ready for the weekend
    we can make it through with our plans intact:smile::bigsmile:

Esther----I thank you every day for getting us going on this thread
    a lot of the success I'm having is because I have all of you to talk to every day :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

I think I deserve a nap:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Grammymax
    Options
    No blizzard here but it sure has cooled off and has gotten quite windy.
    I am not looking forward to another weekend. I always fall to my temptations. My son's girlfriend is also visiting again and she likes the sweet, yummy deserts.
    You can do it. I have promised on another thread to give my stern look that they can invision if they are starting to fail. so here you go :angry: Does that scare you?:laugh: :laugh:
    Stay strong.

Good job Susan. Wow- I'm waiting for that warm weather:happy: I've been tempted to weigh also but need to wait for Sunday to be a week.

Esther
  • Grammymax
    Options
    Barbie you are doing great. You must have burned at least 600 calories by doing all that working out!

Have fun,
    Esther
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies;

I would like to join your group. I am a young 54, and have lost 9 pounds since January. Yes it's a slow process, but I know I am improving myself every day through diet and exercise.

Have been down with the new cold that's going around so weight loss is stalled. Just started to workout again yesterday, and hope to back in that 600 to 900 calorie burn per day soon.

I can use all the help I can get!

My goal for April is to recommit to exercise and get this body back to weight loss.

Alice
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Welcome, Alice, you have come to the right place.....this is the greatest group of women.....we talk to each other almost daily about the same goals that you have.......we get strength and inspiration from each other. Check in with us and tell us how you're doing (good and bad; happy and sad). Get to know MFP and use all the great tools and ideas.

You can do this. Take it one day at a time and take baby steps.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

and drink lots of water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

now it's time for me to drink water and take a nap:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    Welcome Alice....I have a Yorkie !!! Aren't they the greatest?

Oh my goodness, Esther...I am shaking in my shoes.:laugh: I am really going to try. I am so tired of having my weight moving the wrong way.

Barbie...I am having trouble getting in all my water. What is your secret? Besides the fact that you just love it.
  • Gillian00
    Options
    Hi, I started back to journaling my calories (yesterday) and just found this website. I was so happy to see a 50+ group. It is so much harder for me to lose weight than it used to be. I am an accountant and work in front of a computer all day--not great excercise.

My son and his family including twin granddaughters age 2, are coming to visit the middle of May. I would like to feel better about myself, and my goal for April is to start losing and stop gaining.
    I would like to lose at least 5 pounds this month. Using a calorie journal seems to be the only thing that works for me now.

I also have, off an on, used the Strength Training Excercises in the Strong Women Stay Young book, and I am going to do that 3 times a week, and walk with friend an hour a day as many days as the weather permits.

Great to be here!

183267.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • FITFORLIFE1944
    Options
    WELCOME ALICE AND GILLIAN,

THIS IS THE BEST GROUP OF PEOPLE I HAVE EVER HAD THE PLEASURE OF JOINING. LOTS OF SUPPORT AND INFORMATION. ALSO, THIS IS THE WAY TO STAY MOTIVATED. IT'S TRUE THAT AFTER 50 IT MAY TAKE A LITTLE MORE TIME TO LOSE WEIGHT,BUT IT CERTAINLY CAN BE DONE. ANY PROBLEMS,WRITE AND ASK FOR HELP. I HAVE LOST CLOSE TO 100LBS AND ONE OF THE BEST THINGS I DID IS LEARN TO WRITE DOWN WHAT I EAT (CALORIES TOO). IF YOU BITE IT, WRITE IT.
    WISHING YOU BOTH SUCCESS.

ANNE