50+ Women for the Month of April

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,992 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Just a quick post this morning to say that I lost 2 pounds this week. YIPPEE :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I had a quick breakfast----hard boiled egg and toast, now I'll get dressed and head out to pick up the dogs from the vet and the cats from The Cat's Pajamas----I've missed them so much---then I'll take the dogs to the dog park and get a 30 minute walk while they run.

Talk to you later---Elli--congrats on saying no to birthday cake and ice cream--your body is thanking you this morning.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Hello all :flowerforyou:

:flowerforyou: I'm reading that so many of us are doing really well.:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

My weekend was fantastic. I am so proud of myself.:drinker: I felt like I really accomplished something. I even weighed myself and lost 2 lbs. this week. I just want to keep it off. I do not want the yo-yo syndrome to catch up with me. I am really working hard for it not to.

My grandkids were not crazy about the Strawberries, blueberries, banana's & angel food cake. I could have put sugar but I did not want them to have sugar. However my son Kevin brought them to a convenience store and bought them all individual Ben & Jerry Ice creams. OH WELL I tried. :bigsmile
    But, they really enjoyed making the paper mache eggs. :

Well, what is everyone doing for Easter?
    My family all 25 of us are going to my sisters. We are going to have a New England Clam Boil. I am going to bring my spray butter. I love clams. I will probably make a big salad for me and others to fill up on. I am also going to work out that morning. Well, that is my plan.

Hope all have a great Monday.
    :heart: Kathy
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Good morning all.

It is a beautiful morning here and I am headed outside to do some more yard work before the rains return.

Welcome to the new ones on the thread. Glad to have you here. It's a great place to be!

I'll be back later to check in before bed. Hope you all have an awesome Monday.

Esther
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Way to go Barbie and Kathy!!! Congrats on losing 2 pounds!:drinker:
    This group is great and is really motivating me to stay strong today, especially hard since it's raining and I'm doing chores inside (the kitchen tempts me constantly)
    Zaza
  • elli
    elli Posts: 593
    Options
    Happy Monday all!

Zaza - do you live close to the beach????? OH - i SO know what you mean about being housebound. That was when i blew it - on Saturday when we had an awful blizzard. I ended up staying in ALL day and eating EVERYTHING!!!!!!!! This morning was my weigh in, i didn't gain but i didn't lose - i suppose i better be happy with THAT!!!!!!!!!:smile: I wish i had some advice for you - if only i could have kept my HANDS busy!!!!!! Keep drinking lots of water - some hot tea may help also............

Kathy! Congratulations on your successful weekend AND losing 2 pounds!!!!! That is AWESOME! Your plan for easter sounds great. We have some family coming from CA for the day (easter sunday) - they're showing their son colleges i Colorado. I'm sure we'll end up going out to eat since my house is in limbo for now.........I'll just have to do the best i can.

Barbie - your weight loss continues to amaze me!!!!!!!!

Well - i better get back to work. AND, i'm talking to my Soldier/Son online this morning - so i'm happy!!!!!!1:bigsmile: have a fantastic monday everybody!!!!!!!! elli
  • FITFORLIFE1944
    Options
    BARBIE, 2 LBS GONE, FABULOUS. YOU ARE A REAL INSPIRATION TO ALL ON THIS BOARD.

ELLIE, GOLD STAR FOR SAYNG NO TO CAKE AND ICE CREAM. GOOD JOB.

SUSAN, MOM IS SO PROUD OF YOU FOR NOT EATING THE WRONG THINGS ON HER BIRTHDAY AND SAYING IT WAS BECAUSE OF HER AND THE SADNESS YOU FEEL. IN HEAVEN, A GROUP OF WOMEN WERE WALKING ALONG A BEAUTIFUL TREE LINED ROAD WITH LOVELY FLOWERS. THEY SANG AND HELD LIT CANDLES. AN ANGEL NOTICED ONE WOMAN STANDING OFF FROM THE OTHERS AND ASKED HER WHY. SHE SAID EVERY TIME I LIGHT MY CANDLE SOMEONE IN MY FAMILY STARTS CRYING AND IT GOES OUT. WHEN WE ARE HAPPY , OUR LOVED ONES ARE HAPPY. THEY WOULD NEVER EVER WANT TO BE THE REASON WE FAIL AT SOMETHING THAT'S IMPORTANT TO US. HUGS.

ZAZA, GLAD YOU GOT RIGHT BACK ON TRACK TODAY, GOOD FOR YOU.

ESTHER, HOPE YOU HAD A NICE DAY AND INCLUDED SOME PLANTING IN THE YARD WORK. I LIKE THAT PART BEST. THE "WORK" MAY USE UP THE CALORIES,BUT NOTHING NICER THAN PLANTING AND WATCHING THINGS GROW. HAVE A GREAT WEEK.

ANNE
  • LilWaterBug
    LilWaterBug Posts: 213
    Options
    Good Evening Ladies!

Way to go Barbie (not sure if that's your real name or not...still learning) and Kathy on the awesome loss this week!! :bigsmile: And additional kudos to Kathy for being the Weekend Weight Loss Warrior. You REALLY did it! Awesome job! And I think someone had a maintain...forgive me for not knowing your name yet but congratulations for No Gain!

I don't weigh in until Wednesday and am not quite sure where I'll end up. I had a lousy food and water weekend. I needed some time to De-Stress and Decompress and not *think* about anything and I did just that. I don't think I ate anything too bad...I'm not a sweet eater so I didn't indulge in anything like that. I just didn't get my water or eat enough fruits or veggies. I may pay a significant price for it on the scale but mentally I feel better, more focused and recharged. I take the losses with the gains and just keep moving forward.

I had some blood work done last Friday and got the results today. Everything looks good. Sugar was normal but Cholesterol was just a tad high. Within points of being borderline either way. Bad is just a couple points too high and good is just a couple points too low. Doc says nothing a healthy diet can't cure. So I'll continue doing what I'm doing and look forward to better results in the future.

I hope you all had a great and Motivating Monday. I look forward to checking in tomorrow. Have a great night!
    Julie
  • mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    Options
    I weighed myself at home this morning and lost 1 lb, I hope it stays lost!!! :laugh:

157298.png
  • plantlady99
    Options
    Hi All, :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Thank you so much for the congratulations. You all don’t know how much you helped me get through this past weekend. I just know I will have another success this coming weekend.

:flowerforyou: Barbie you are something else. What an inspiration. So happy for you. 2lbs. Way to go!!!!

:flowerforyou: Esther, can’t wait to get my hands dirty planting more flowers. I hope your day WAS AWESOME.

:flowerforyou: ZaZa, I was so hungry today but kept with my salads and had more grilled chicken. Not to interesting but it works. To bad you are having rain I am also. Keep busy and watch out for you enemy (the kitchen) You can do it.

:flowerforyou: Elli sounds l like you are going to have a great Easter Sunday.

:flowerforyou: Anne, you are so very sweet. I can just see Sue’s mom smiling looking down on her.

:flowerforyou: Julie, Best of luck on Wednesday. Congratulations with your Cholesterol. I can’t wait to get off my meds for that. My appointment is in May and I’m hoping mine has improved. So glad you are part of this great group of ladies.

:flowerforyou: Mnichol, congratulations on your 1lb. Loss.

And to all the :flowerforyou: ladies that have not had time to post. Keep working at it. Never give up. We are here for support good or bad. I know I get so much support I just can’t say it enough times. Even if it’s just to say hello it just might help.

Weight Loss Weekend Warrior

Summer is almost here.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I haven't looked at the thread until just now. I don't know how all of you can keep track of everyone. And, Kathy...you actually remember EVERYONE. Congratulations on the 2 pounds lost.

Julie...I am surprised that you were allowed to swim after your surgery. I had surgery on March 5 and am still not allowed to bathe. I am so looking forward to the Jacuzzi at the gym. I also find that if I eat a big breakfast then I don't have the tendency to over eat the rest of the day.

mnichol...Great!! That is the way to do it.
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    Has anyone done the abs diet? I have the book and am finding it hard to understand.
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies;

Weekend Warrior, what a success!

I am not so successful. I have been arguing with a bum foot that just won't give up. Three trips to the Podiatrist and new arch supports and new fitted shoes, and my foot is really mad. Some days are OK and somedays stink. This is having a really negative impact on my exercise, not to mention my attitude. It is such a simple little thing, so piddly and no account.
    I look at all the people with real problems and am amazed at how they carry on.
  • plantlady99
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Swiss I went through the whole thread and got all the names. I did it to help regenerate some who have not checked in. Hope it will help. Now I can scroll up the thread to see If I forget someone. . I hope it is helping others also. I just feel MFP is so important and I am trying anyway I can to keep people on their journey to a new healthy life style. It works it may be slow but if you just keep trying (I believe) you will attain your goal. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: Alice. Just take your time. Take care of you food. sit on the couch and do a bicicle movement use your arms with weights to burn more calories. Go swimming. I had trouble with my legs for quiet some time so I know what you are going through.

DON'T GIVE UP. Keep track of you eating first. That will really help. I have a cat that weights about 19lbs and I say gee thats I lot of weight I was carrying around. Now when I pick him up, I'm glad I can put that 19lbs. back down on the floor and it runs away. :laugh: :laugh: I hope you can understand my analogy :blushing: :blushing: I hope you can understand it's late and I just had to check in before I went to bed.

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,992 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Hello, Everybody----all you great motivators:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I made a new rule
    before I can sit down at the computer and read anything on MFP I have to drink 8 ounces of water. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: I read a lot even when I don't post, so that should be a lot of water. Right now I'm drinking peach tea following the 8 ounces of water. after all the water today, I may need to bring a sleeping bag into the bathroom and just sleep there. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:flowerforyou: Elli-welcome to the "just say no to birthday cake" club :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    How great that you had all your dogs inside with you---I think all dogs want to be inside dogs at least some of the time :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: Julie---keep on keeping on---just take baby steps toward the place you want to go :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Susan :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: your mom would be proud of you for doing healthy things on her birthday :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Zaza :flowerforyou: It's good to hear from you---glad you got right back on track :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Kathy :flowerforyou: my grandkids think I'm the boring grandma----I serve healthy food and give sensible gifts----no matter what I do, I'll never be able to compete with the grandma who lives near Disneyland, or the grandpa who has all the kids over for giant slumber parties.

:flowerforyou: Anne--thanks for all the encouragement, not only for me but for everyone on the thread...we all really need you :bigsmile: :heart:

Becky, the only way I can remember what everyone says is to write it down.....this isn't the only thing I write down, I have lists all over my house. :flowerforyou:

:flowerforyou: Esther, your weather is a lot like mine.....I should have been outside like you working in the yard before the rain that will come at the end of the week.

Alice :flowerforyou: I've read about "chair exercises"
    maybe there are some you could do or like Kathy suggested use weights even cans of food make good hand weights

:flowerforyou: mnichol---congratulations on losing a pound----that's a huge accomplishment, especially for people like us who have too much of a history of gaining.

It's past my bedtime---those sweet dogs are going to want to be walked as soon as it gets light :laugh:

Big hugs to all :heart: :heart: :heart:
    Barbie :love:
  • plantlady99
    Options
    food-pyramid.gif

• FITFORLIFE1944
    Options
    GOOD MORNING ALL,

THURSDAY IS MY WEIGH IN DAY AND MY SCALE IS STAYING THE SAME. WON'T COMPLAIN BECAUSE I KNOW THAT HAPPENS EVEN WHEN WE HAVE DONE WELL WITH EATING AND EXERCISE. I AM JUST THANKFUL TO FEEL IN CONTROL AND THIS BOARD AND THE WONDERFUL PEOPLE ON IT,HAVE BEEN THE BEST HELP EVER. THANKS TO EVERYONE.

KATHY, YOU GAVE ALICE GOOD ADVICE.

ALICE, REMEMBER THAT SAYING(I LOVE SAYINGS, QUOTES, LITTLE STORIES)DO YOU SEE THE GLASS HALF EMPTY OR HALF FULL. DON'T CONCENTRATE ON WHAT YOU CANNOT DO,BUT ON WHAT YOU CAN DO. I HAVE ARTHRITIS AND ENVY THOSE WHO CAN DO SO MUCH MORE THAN I DO AT AN EVEN MORE ADVANCED AGE. HOWEVER,I DO EVERYTHING I CAN AND IT PAYS OFF. ALSO, WE FEEL SO MUCH BETTER ABOUT OURSELVES WHEN WE PUSH TO DO OUR BEST UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. IT'S AMAZING HOW SMALL THINGS GIVE BIG BENEFITS. WE ARE ALL ROOTING FOR YOU, YOU CAN DO IT.

BARBIE, I JUST LOVE ALL THE STRATEGIES YOU USE TO STAY HEALTHY. THANKS FOR THE KIND WORDS TO ME.I ALWAYS HOPE THAT SOMETHING I SAY WILL CLICK AND HELP SOMEONE. WE'RE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.

HAVE A RAINBOW DAY .
    ANNE
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Kathy & Barbie, I don't understand how you manage to include everyone's names. I can't remember all the names and who said what and, if I go back, I lose my typed message. I would have to hit edit several times (I already do that on occasion).:ohwell:
    Anyway,thanks for thinking of me. I was good (maybe not good, but a lot better than I have been:laugh: ) all day until last night. After dinner, my husband had a bowl of ice cream and I just had to have some too, with butterscotch sauce. I should throw it all out (he had bought it for when the kids were visiting over the week-end), but I hate to waste the money. I just feel I should have the good sense not to eat it, especially now that menopause has set in my cholesterol is just starting to climb to the borderline area for the first time ever. I really should start looking at what foods to avoid for cholesterol. My dr. didn't say anything, but why wait til it gets worse.
    Anyway, today is another new day and I'm still motivated to do better.
    Have a great day all.:flowerforyou:
    Zaza
  • LilWaterBug
    LilWaterBug Posts: 213
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!

It's Two-Fer Tuesday for me. Gonna get in a minimum of 2 Veggies. Not enough but I've been missing the mark again and got to refocus again. I think I finally have a routine with my fruits that work so time to move on to another goal. Yesterday I drank all my water while I was at the office (weekends are usually my bad water days). I pull all my water bottles out and put them on the counter, it's a good visual for me and I find it's easier to drink at room temperature. I don't even refrigerate them at home...just pull them from the pantry as I need them - or I use this big water jug thing that I bought at Bed, Bath and Beyond. It holds a full day's worth of water and I've marked every 8 ounces with a Sharpie so I can keep track if I don't drink the whole thing.

Swiss, I think the only reason my doctor let me swim so early was because he is also a swimmer. I think he felt sorry for me :laugh:. Plus, I was healing well during the early weeks. My only instructions were to "pay attention to my body and not over do it." Do what your doctor says. Don't rush anything and heal well. :flowerforyou:

:drinker: Mnichol, Way to go on the 1 pound loss!!

Well, I better scoot. I got up early so I'd have time to get on my Beautification Machine :wink: Yesterday morning I was running late and only got in 10 minutes. This morning I got up early enough and have time to get in 20. That's all I can do in a single stretch at this point. :laugh:

Thank you all again for welcoming me to this group! I hope you all have a great day! :flowerforyou:

Julie
  • l_mahloy
    l_mahloy Posts: 118
    Options
    Good moring everyone,:flowerforyou:
    Just caught up on the weekend and Mondays posts. Didn't have time to read this weekend :ohwell: I did post my food though some days weren't very good we will see Thursday how much I have to pay for that. We went out two nights with friends and even if I eat ok I choose red wine or a cocktail that sends the calories up to high:frown: . But I agree that this site is the best and even when we mess up if we get right back on the horse so to speak we still succed. Good luck today I have training at 10:30 then I have tennis for 2 1/2 hrs burning tons of calories today.
    Lynn
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    Julie...The reason I am not allowed in water is because of the incisions. Along with my bladder infection, the incisions are also inflamed and I haven't been in water.:mad: I don't think I will ever be healthy again. I have had one complication after another.

l_mahloy I have had too many days like your weekend. I have been looking into the Abs Diet. It is said to be healthy.