50+ Women for the Month of April

Options

Replies

• plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Well, I made it through Friday. I had a spinach salad with shrimp. Stayed within my calories. I usually would have Fried Clams, with lots of tarter sauce and French fires. I am so happy.

But, I just knew all you ladies are counting on me to be the Weekend Weight Loss Warrior. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I am going to drink the rest of my water now.

Thank you so much for all your support.

:heart: Kathy
  • FITFORLIFE1944
    Options
    KATHY, OR SHOULD I SAY WEEKEND WEIGHT LOSS WARRIOR,

WAY TO GO. HANG IN THERE. YOU HAVE A BIG ROOTING SECTION.

ANNE
  • plantlady99
    Options
    Thank You. I can rest now. I have too. Saturday is approching:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • beetlebug2001
    Options
    I am up for the challenge. Prior to joining MFP on Monday I had lost 15 pounds. My water areobic teacher told me about this site. This is an awesome site and it is free. Not much you can get for free these days. My ultimate goal is 50 pounds, maybe more. My first goal is 10% of my current weight. I am shooting for 8 pounds a month. My April goals are:

1. Lose 8 pounds
    2. Water aerobics 3X week
    3. No late night snacking
    4. Be true to myself

Am looking forward to this month and the months to come.

179754.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    beetlebug...your goals sound great. You can do this.

Kathy...do you have big plans for tomorrow? That is besides eating healthy?

Anne....wow 100 pounds !!! You can be our inspiration. I am finding it harder to lose as I get older. I usually am very active and still I stay at the same weight.
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies for the lovely welcome!:drinker: I am so inspired!
  • plantlady99
    Options
    Good Morning all you fantastic ladies:drinker:

Welcome, :flowerforyou: Alice, :flowerforyou: Gillian & :flowerforyou: beetlebug I hope I did not forget anyone. If I did Welcome:flowerforyou: . Nice to have more support.

:flowerforyou: Alice I love using MFP Calorie journal.

:flowerforyou: Fitforlife. Love your picture

:flowerforyou: Beetlebug check in often and your goals will be met.

:flowerforyou: Barbie I can believe you did so well while you were one a holiday. WOW. I so have to follow your lead.

:flowerforyou: Esther We can do it!!!!!!

:flowerforyou: Sue your garden sounds fantastic and very thoughtful

:flowerforyou: Swiss how did you do with those sweet temptations.

And to all:flowerforyou: the others I may have missed, and are just able to read. Keep up the fight.

Today is the Big Day. The Birthday celebration. I will do very well. My family will notice and I will be very proud of myself. One of my daughter in laws suggested making paper mache easter eggs with the kids. I thought that was a great idea to keep me busy. A little messy but I think the kids will like it.

I have to get ready for the day and fit the gym in. Thank God it is not till later this afternoon, and its cloudy:sad: :sad: :sad: Oh well.

I will check in later and let you know how I am doing.

• Swissmiss
    Options
    Good morning everyone. I am sitting here eating my cereal and fruit. No bacon and eggs for me today. Hope the rest of the weekend goes as well as it has so far. My son's girlfriend is indeed here. They ate very late last night---grilled chicken salads !!! I was surprised. I didn't join them because I had already eaten. What I wasn't surprised about is all the dishes they left for me to do.:mad:
  • FITFORLIFE1944
    Options
    GOOD MORNING ALL,

I WANT TO SAY THAT THIS BOARD IS SUCH A BLESSING. IT MAKES US ACCOUNTABLE TO EACH OTHER. WE WANT TO INSPIRE OTHERS AND HOW CAN WE IF WE FAIL OURSELVES. SO, WE DO WORK HARDER TO SUCCEED. AGAIN, THANKS TO ESTHER (GRAMMYMAX) WE ALL OWE YOU A DEPT OF GRATITUDE.

BEETLEBUG,

LOSING 15LBS IS WONDERFUL. YOU ARE GOING ABOUT THIS THE RIGHT WAY BY HAVING SEVERAL GOALS. 10% OF YOUR CURRENT WEIGHT IS THE WAY TO GO. WISH YOU SUCCESS.

BECKY,

I WAS VERY SEDENTARY WHEN I STARTED TO LOSE WEIGHT. THOUGHT SINCE I COULD DO SO LITTLE EXERCISE,I WOULD NOT SUCCEED. I WAS WRONG. I DID WHAT I COULD AND NOW I STILL AM NO ATHLETE,BUT I WALK, DO SOME STRENGTH TRAINING AND STRETCH EXERCISE. WHILE THE EXERCISE IS OF COURSE IMPORTANT NOT ONLY FOR WEIGHT LOSS,BUT FOR GOOD HEALTH,IT IS FOOD INTAKE THAT SEEMS TO COUNT MUCH MORE. IF YOU WATCH THE CALORIES YOU CAN'T FAIL. YOU CAN DO THIS, KEEP ON KEEPING ON.

KATHY,

HERE IS A STORY FOR YOU.
    MY FRIEND WOULD ALWAYS WANT THE BREAD BASKET WHEN SHE ATE OUT. SHE FINALLY DECIDED THAT IF SHE TOLD EVERYONE AT THE TABLE THAT SHE WOULD NOT BE EATING ANY BREAD,SHE WOULD BE TOO EMBARRASSED TO THEN TAKE SOME. SHE DID THAT AND IT WORKED. DON'T WAIT FOR THE FAMILY AND FRIENDS TO NOTICE ANYTHING. ANNOUNCE IT OUT LOUD. IT MAY HELP YOU BE JUST A LITTLE MORE ACCOUNTABLE. I DO IT WHEN I EAT WITH ONE COUSIN. SHE LOVES TO OFFER SOME OF HER APPETIZERS AND ASK IF YOU WANT ALCOHOLIC
    BEVERAGES. SHE MEANS WELL, BUT AHEAD OF ORDERING,I ANNOUNCE I WILL NOT BE HAVING ANY OF THAT,I NEED TO STAY HEALTHY AND GET EVEN HEALTHIER. HOW CAN SHE THEN PUSH IT ON ME. SHE WOULD BE RUINING MY HEALTH. LOL I JUST KNOW WHATEVER YOU DO, YOU ARE GOING TO MAKE IT THIS TIME. WEEKEND WEIGHT LOSS WARRIOR, GO GET EM!!!

HOPE WE ALL HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND AND WE ALL MAKE GOOD CHOICES.
    ANNE
  • elli
    elli Posts: 593
    Options
    Good morning ladies - brrrrrrrrrr - it's freezing cold, snowing and blowing. I got up at 6:00 and went and plugged the pick up in 'cause i have to do that fundraiser in town (about 30 minutes away) with the high school girls........i wish it had been better weather!

Go Weekend Weight Loss Warrior!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so proud of you!!!!!! You're going to do so great this weekend and inspire all of us!

Becky - good job so far with the girlfriend - and darn it, get those kids to wash their own dishes! I hope she doesn't tempt you too much during the rest of the weekend! Yesterday i was in the appliance store looking at stuff for my new kitchen and of COURSE they had fresh baked cookies. it was thinking about all of YOU that gave me the willpower to resist!!!!!!:wink: Thank you all so much!:heart:

Anne - OMG you've lost a lot of weight!!!!! What an amazing thing you've done for your health! I'm like you - i've battled weight my whole life and i have 2 grown sons who are so dang "normal". I'm SO happy and feel so blessed that they don't have the worries that i've always had! They're both pretty active too whereas i don't think it was 'till my 30s that i started getting more active!

Hi Beetle! Hi Alice! Hope i didn't forget anyone!!!!!!!!

Well, i better get ready for this day........i hope everyone else is enjoying warmer weather than i am right now! Have a great weekend. I'll try and check back in tonight or tomorrow morning! :heart: elli
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Hi, I started back to journaling my calories (yesterday) and just found this website. I was so happy to see a 50+ group. It is so much harder for me to lose weight than it used to be. I am an accountant and work in front of a computer all day--not great excercise.

My son and his family including twin granddaughters age 2, are coming to visit the middle of May. I would like to feel better about myself, and my goal for April is to start losing and stop gaining.
    I would like to lose at least 5 pounds this month. Using a calorie journal seems to be the only thing that works for me now.

I also have, off an on, used the Strength Training Excercises in the Strong Women Stay Young book, and I am going to do that 3 times a week, and walk with friend an hour a day as many days as the weather permits.

Great to be here!

183267.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
    Welcome - those are good goals. With the plans you have made you will surely reach your goal. Hang in there.
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Today is the Big Day. The Birthday celebration. I will do very well. My family will notice and I will be very proud of myself. One of my daughter in laws suggested making paper mache easter eggs with the kids. I thought that was a great idea to keep me busy. A little messy but I think the kids will like it.

Kathy: You can do it. That's a great plan - keep your hands busy with other than food! I'm going to go out and plant some plants in hanging baskets. I'm ready for some fresh new color in my yard.

Hope you all have a great day. It is sunshining here in Oregon. We need it. The rain has been here and will be back but this is a nice break.

I'll be thinking of all of you as I stay on track - I will stay on track - I will stay on track......:laugh:

Get your water bottles filled! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Esther
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    I have done pretty good today until my son's girlfriend made breakfast pizza. I had a very small piece and then check the calories. I am still within my allowed amount.

Anne...I love the idea of announcing my intentions. Especially when it comes to the bread basket. I am going to do this from now on.

I shamefully have come to the realization that I am using my health and surgery to eat bad. I am feeling sorry for myself. I need a new mindset.
  • mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    Options
    I have done pretty good today until my son's girlfriend made breakfast pizza. I had a very small piece and then check the calories. I am still within my allowed amount.

Anne...I love the idea of announcing my intentions. Especially when it comes to the bread basket. I am going to do this from now on.

I shamefully have come to the realization that I am using my health and surgery to eat bad. I am feeling sorry for myself. I need a new mindset.

Hang in there Swiss....I know how you feel. Just try to remember eating well will make you strong again quicker!! When I start feeling sorry for myself, I sometimes get jolted back to the big picture, (I work in a hospital and see how bad some people have it, young people as well) and I remind myself at least I don't have that cross to bear. Try to be strong, you will get better. :flowerforyou:
  • beetlebug2001
    Options
    Worked my butt off in the garden today, 7 hours worth. WHEW!!! Feels good to stand back and admire the hard work. More to do but I will probably pay the price tomorrow when my muscles are aching. Earned a lot of extra calories for the exercise. That is always good. Hope everyone is doing well. Thanks for all the wonderful advice........Bye for now.
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Swiss, yes Yorkies are great! I have more than one, they keep me laughing with their antics.

Anne what an inspiration! My mom exercised til she was 90 and even then although her mobility was limited, she traded the stationary bike for a little model on the floor she didn't have to climb onto, and used it on the table to exercise her arms as well.

Weekend Weight Loss Warrior think of yourself as a Valkyrie put your armor on and your horned hat.
    You can fight off any temptation. Valkyries are unstoppable.

I am envious of anyone who is planting their garden. I am going out to put winter coats on the foolhardy dafodils that are up before the snow arrives.

All my freinds are LOSERS!

Alice
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    Hi Alice...I only have one Yorkie but I love him. He is so spoiled. He broke his leg last October and had to have surgery. I have got a fortune in him. But, he is worth it.

I just talked to my cousin (I never see her as she lives about 1000 miles from me). She is a personal trainer so we had a wonderful talk. I got a lot of information from her. I am so lucky to have her in my family.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,992 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    Becky, here's the story about me and water
    I don't love to drink water, it has been hard work to get to the point of drinking almost enough.
    There's a story about a woman who went into a bar and ordered Scotch with one drop of water. After she had done this over several days, someone finally asked her about it. She told them that at her age she had figured out how to hold her liquor, but she still didn't know how to hold her water.

I have always been far less concerned about getting dehydrated than I have been about drinking a ton of water and not finding an available rest room.

I started out by giving up coffee
    it took two weeks of gradual detox, a little less every day until I drank no coffee at all. Now I drink only herb tea and water. I had to detox from artificial sweetener in my tea by putting a little less in every day until I put none in at all.

I found out quite by accident that I can drink more water at room temperature than cold or with ice, so now I have a glass of water on the counter in the kitchen all the time and drink some whenever I go by or get up to do anything.

that's the long answer----the short answer is like the answer to how do you eat an elephant? "one bite at a time":drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Barbie:bigsmile:
  • plantlady99
    Options
    Hello Ladies.

Well, its 12:15 a.m. and all is quiet here. Everyone was gone buy 11:30. I had a wonderful time. I am so proud of myself. I stayed well within my calories. I did have one hot dog and bun. I ate a salad and a baked potato with a very small about of "I can't believe its not butter. NO Sour cream. :bigsmile: 1/2 cup of beans and a fruit cup that I made, and a bite of Angle food cake. But, I burned 550 calories at the gym and struggled to get down 1400 for the day. I was very busy serving everyone else. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: The weather was cold and damp. My husband grilled outside but we at in the house.

After dinner I cleared the table and the kids made paper mache easter eggs. They had a ball making a mess. Maybe tomorrow they will come over to paint them. Don't know.

For my big treat I had a medium cup of dunkin donuts coffee that my husband brought me when he came home this morning. I really like my coffee black so I saved it and had it on ice in the evening. Way back when I use to drink at least 2 large ice coffees with cream every day. That's when I sat at a computer for 8 hours a day. I don't do that now. I know :flowerforyou: Barbie you are so good at not drinking coffee but I'm not there yet. :drinker: :tongue: Maybe someday. :heart:

All I can say is THANK YOU so much for all the support I have received from all of you great ladies. It is such a pleasure getting to know all of you.

Well, I will check in again tomorrow. I do believe I will have no problem tomorrow. God knows I have plenty of salad left. I so want to lose some pounds this month.

Night Night.
  • FITFORLIFE1944
    Options
    KATHY,

NEVER DOUBTED YOU COULD DO IT. TODAY WILL BE THE SAME ,A SUCCESSFUL, HEALTHY DAY.
    YIPPEE!!!!

I HAVE READ A LOT ABOUT DRINKING COFFEE,BUT FIND TWO SEPARATE OPINIONS. BOBBIE GAVE IT UP AND YOU SEEM TO WANT TO. CAN YOU TELL ME WHY. I DO LOVE MY COFFEE IN THE MORNING AND DURING THE DAY I HAVE A CUP TOO. I USE DAIRY CREAMER 10 CALORIES PER TEASPOON AND NO SUGAR OR SWEETENER.

ONE OF MY GOALS FOR APRIL IS TO DRINK MORE PLAIN WATER. SO FAR I HAVE NOT DONE WELL WITH IT. I CAN HARDLY GET IT DOWN. IS THERE A NEGATIVE TO PUTTING AN OUNCE OF LIME OR SOMETHING ELSE IN IT. THAT WORKS FOR ME BUT MOST SAY PLAIN WATER IS BETTER. TO BE HONEST, LOSING THE WEIGHT WAS DONE WITHOUT PLAIN WATER. I JUST NEVER GOT TO THE POINT WHERE I COULD DRINK IT. ALWAYS HAD FLAVORED WATER AND LIGHT TEA.

ANNE