APRIL "No more late night snacking"

Options
zaza54
zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
Good morning and welcome to a new month and a new challenge!

Phatphanny was our winner for March with at least 28 consecutive days of no late night snacking in March. :flowerforyou: Congratulations to phatfanny!!!:drinker:

For the April challenge, please select a cut-off time after which you will not consume anything caloric. Mine is 9:30 p.m. because I don't usually go to bed before 11:30 or midnight. I allow myself a later cut-off time of 11:30 p.m. for special occasions/week-end nights out since I don't usually go out until later. You have to be reasonable and realistic for this to work. Choose what is best for you.

Then keep track of each consecutive night that you do not have anything caloric after your personal cut-off time. The person with the longest stretch of consecutive nights through April 30th wins the month of April.

Since some of us fall off the proverbial wagon by snacking past our cut-off time and have to start all over at Day 1, this challenge lends itself to newcomers at any time. So, everyone is welcome even if you start the challenge after April 1.

Good luck everyone!!! The April challenge has now officially begun.

Replies

• zaza54
    Options
    Good morning and welcome to a new month and a new challenge!

Phatphanny was our winner for March with at least 28 consecutive days of no late night snacking in March. :flowerforyou: Congratulations to phatfanny!!!:drinker:

For the April challenge, please select a cut-off time after which you will not consume anything caloric. Mine is 9:30 p.m. because I don't usually go to bed before 11:30 or midnight. I allow myself a later cut-off time of 11:30 p.m. for special occasions/week-end nights out since I don't usually go out until later. You have to be reasonable and realistic for this to work. Choose what is best for you.

Then keep track of each consecutive night that you do not have anything caloric after your personal cut-off time. The person with the longest stretch of consecutive nights through April 30th wins the month of April.

Since some of us fall off the proverbial wagon by snacking past our cut-off time and have to start all over at Day 1, this challenge lends itself to newcomers at any time. So, everyone is welcome even if you start the challenge after April 1.

Good luck everyone!!! The April challenge has now officially begun.
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    I'm in... my cut off time is 8pm.
  • aml0484
    aml0484 Posts: 425
    Options
    I'm in. My cut off is 9 pm weeknights and 10 pm weekends. Good luck everyone.
  • IAM125lbs
    IAM125lbs Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    My cut-off time is 10pm weekdays & 11pm weekends.I can do this...
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Hooray - it's a new month. Now I can focus, focus, focus on winning that BIG PRIZE at the end of the month :laugh: The prize will be that I'll have lost weight and fit into some clothes I haven't been able to for a year. Thanks zaza!

My weekday / weekend cutoff will be 9:00 p.m. I usually go to bed about the same time no matter what night, about 11:00, so that should be good no matter what day it is.

Here we go girls - the challenge has begun! :bigsmile:

Esther
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    i'll join in too- my cutoff will be 8:30 PM on weeknights, and 9:30 on weekends. no more late-night snacking! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • star139
    star139 Posts: 134
    Options
    i'm in! weekday cut off will be 9:30 and weekend cut off will be 11:00. weekends are gonna be killer! but i know i'll have to report back here so hopefully you guys will keep me on track :laugh:
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    erkruglak and shannahrose - welcome. We can do this together.
  • kerimcdonald
    Options
    I'm so in!! I did pretty good last month so I am making my new cut off time 8 instead of 9, and 9 instead of 10 on the weekends. I definitely am wishing for great weather, but the longer I rest after my surgery the better. I still can't do much actual exercise, so I am watching my calories big time this month. Didn't gain last month, but I sure didn't lose either. :explode: :grumble:

Everyone good luck. Zaza thanks again, you are a great lady for keeping us motivated, and being responsible for the thread:flowerforyou: Dewdrop and phatphanny, and plantlady, You guys are definitely the ones that keep me on my toes. Here I come night 1 WOOHOO!!!!:bigsmile:
  • kerimcdonald
    Options
    P.S. any new comers welcome!! You won't find a better thread out there, or one that will do more for your waistline!!
  • laughytaffy
    Options
    You all have motivated me sooo much!! My cut off day time with be 7PM on the weekdays and 9 on the weekends. Day 1- AGAIN for me. Yesterday went to a birthday party and on the way home from the party I ate the piece of cake that was meant for the hubby:blushing: I want to get myself under control again and that means no late night snacking!
  • gnicolecan
    gnicolecan Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I go to bed super early (830), so when should my cutoff be? After dinner?
  • csnealey
    csnealey Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Ok. Count me in. My cut off time will be 9 pm for weeknights and weekends.:smile: Thanks for the challenge.:flowerforyou:
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Cut-off is 7:30 Sunday-Thursday 9:00 on Friday and Saturday
    After that it is only water and an occasional crystal light (I know it has 5 calories, but it really helps me get down large amounts of water.
  • Jaclyn53
    Jaclyn53 Posts: 5
    Options
    :happy: Good Afternoon Everyone! I just joined today and let me tell you - I am telling EVERYONE - This is a great site!
    I am taking the April Challenge!! Sunday-Satuday - 8pm cutoff!! GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!
    ~Jaclyn
  • allie5199
    allie5199 Posts: 240
    Options
    During the week my cut off time is 8pm if I don't go to the gym, and 9:30 if I do ...
    On the weekends my cut off time is 10pm.
  • zaza54
    Options
    I'm in. I go to bed super early (830), so when should my cutoff be? After dinner?
    Hello and welcome! :flowerforyou: First, your cut-off should be whatever works best for you. I think many of us put it about 2 hours before bedtime. For you, maybe from dinner on will work best. Try it and see. We just want to avoid the unneccesary calories and breakdown of willpower that can accompany late night snacking. Been there done that.:ohwell:
    Good luck!

Also, a big welcome to all the newcomers to this challenge. :happy: It's always exciting to see so much enthusiasm. We have a great group of people here, very supportive. I wish you all good luck. Here's to Day 1.
    Zaza
  • ttoombs
    ttoombs Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    My cut-off during the week will be 8:30 and 10:00 on weekends. This may be the motivation I need to keep away from the night trips to the kitchen. :happy:
  • phatphanny
    Options
    Thanks for such a wonderful challenge...and great people who make this lifestyle change a more pleasuable experience. Ready for April's challenge...my cutoff is 8:00 pm everyday...since it has helped me so far, will stick with that time. Welcome to all the new folks in the challenge.
    157832.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Welcome all

boy I better be good this month.:bigsmile:

I agree with Esther. Yea, for April.

Week day cut off: 10:00 Week ends 11:30

:heart: Kathy