APRIL "No more late night snacking"

Options

Replies

• Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Welcome Rachel and Etta. This is a great group. You'll get your inspiration here. Glad you found us.
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    OK...
    Day one - done
    Day two - done

The real test will be Saturday night when my husband leaves to go play hockey. For some reason, I have a big problem with chowing down on whatever's close at hand as soon as he walks out the door! I'm hoping that knowing I'll have to confess to it will keep me out of the kitchen. Or at least out of the cookie jar and making myself some tea instead.

OMG my husband just left for work. This is the time that I would over eat also. You can do it. I am fighting it every day.

:heart: Kathy

I wonder why we do it? It's weird... I feel like some kind of squirrel or something, eating like crazy when nobody's watching. I'm done with it now though... DONE!

Day three was a success too... of course, hubby's sitting right next to me and I feel like crap so tonight's kind of easy.
  • csnealey
    csnealey Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Day 3 is a success. That makes 3 days no eating after 9 pm.:bigsmile:
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I tend to gorge after my little ones either go down for a nap or when they go to bed for the night.... I think it is because I don't want them seeing foods they cannot eat. My little guy has so many food allergies sometimes I just have to have mac and cheese (one of the foods he can't have)!!!! It is like food is an addiction and I am an addict feening (sp?) for it. When the opportunity arrises I go to town. I have been doing better with this lately, but it is like a roller coaster.

Anyway, night 3 is almost over and I haven't eaten anything since 6:00 p.m. Now I am going to get my work out in... 90 minutes of strength and then 60 minutes of cardio (at least I hope to get the cardio in).

Just did my check in and I was pleased with the inches lost, but not the 1 pound weight gain.:grumble: Oh well, I guess that is what I get for not weighing myself in the a.m.
  • Etta
    Etta Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    So, I'm up about 2 hours later than usual (I love late night tv on Fridays) and all of a sudden I'm hungry. I wandered around the kitchen looking for a decently healthy snack, but every time I picked something, I remembered that it won't actually satisfy me. My stomach will ache & I'll be disappointed in myself. SO now I'm out of the kitchen and my hunger is beginning to subside. Food is so powerful.

126046.png
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Good Morning all,

I think I am one day ahead. :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: of counting.

So this will be Day 3 that I did not have a snack after my time.:tongue::tongue:

:flowerforyou: Boy can I relate to all the comments of evening eating. I have done it unconsciously for so long. Now that I am aware of it. I really have to fight to keep those crazy hunger feels at bay. Last night was not different.

:flowerforyou: Zaza I hope you are doing OK (((((Big Hugs))))) We have not seen you:flowerforyou:

• phatphanny
    Options
    Day 3 down...I too find the cravings crazy at night...I tell myself that if I can hold off until morning that I can eat whatever I please (ice cream, chocolate, junkfood) Come morning I sure don't want any of that stuff. Going to be a long month...but OH SO WORTH IT.
    157832.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    success for day 3! still going strong! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • CampersDad
    Options
    Got through my first snack free evening :)
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Good job to all of you. Sometimes the pull is so strong and then other nights it's okay:ohwell: Go figure!

I made it through day 3 as well. It's the weekend, Kathy! Our weekend warrior. You're in my thoughts. Hang in there!

Esther
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Hi-
    Sorry I haven't checked in. I've been on the go and have had my son, his girlfriend and her brother visiting. In fact, I got so distracted that I already fell off the wagon. :ohwell: I completely lost track of time and wasn't even thinking and ate some of the cookies I baked last night. We were having lots of laughs playing Pictionary and nibbling on freshly baked cookies. Oh well. I'll be better for the rest of the month - that really was just a slip up.
    So, tonight will be my new Day 1.
    Haven't had a chance to read all the posts here and can't do it now. The kids will be leaving soon. Will try to catch up tomorrow. Hope everyone is doing better than me.:laugh:
    Zaza
  • Sunsky
    Sunsky Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Made it through my first evening of no snacking and even went to bed a bit earlier which was great since I haven't been retiring very early lately. It has been difficult not to eat while watching tv. so I am really grateful for this challenge because it will help remind me to stay on track. I think most of my calories come after dinner.

Zaza, don't worry about one slip up, glad you were having lots of fun. Have a great day tomorrow.
  • Shadowpaws
    Shadowpaws Posts: 109
    Options
    This sounds good for me to try. :happy: If I can cut diet coke... and soda period... I can do this!

Beginning tomorrow night:

Weekday cutoff: 9:00 pm
    Weekend cutoff: 10:00 pm
  • lizbeth787
    lizbeth787 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    hmmm not so good the past few nights - last night I went out with some friends so that was no good. then today i was just genuinely starving and needed more food!!!
  • ildi007
    ildi007 Posts: 107
    Options
    I will try this...This will be the hardest, as I stress eat at night! I will set my time at 8 pm.
    Lately a few of my friends told me (without knowing each other...) that they lost weight by stopping eating at 4 pm. What do you think of that?
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    yea! i survived my first saturday night out and didn't eat after 9:30- still going strong 4 days in :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • CampersDad
    Options
    Made it another night!
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    4 days down 26 to go. Last night I went out with my hubby's cousin, so my cut-off was a little later. I had a slice of "bar pizza" and finished my drink just before cut off. After that I came home and watched tv with my hubby.

by the time I went to bed it had been 5 hours since I had finished that drink and ate the pizza. I was feeling pretty good.
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Made it through Day 4. So glad.

• csnealey
    csnealey Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Day 4 was a success:bigsmile: .