Black Team Challenge Week 14

Options

Replies

• Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Marla-That's actually a good question. We always kept it in a half bath downstairs so dropping it in the toilet was probably the only worry. I don't image it would be a problem. In general I would recommend weighint yourself on a hard surface.....hmmm perhaps you can store is away from the steam and drag it into the bathroom to weight yourself lol. Sorry it has a 5 pounds heavier, but at least you have made it just as far you were just 5 pounds heavier at the start. I hope it gives you good numbers and happy momments. lol

Just tired to take Riley (The two year old) to his first movie. Yah, it wasnt a disaster but about 10 mins in he was saying "hey daddy, I wanna get out of here. I wanna go to your car." So I brought him back home. Wife and the big one are still at the movies so I will be picked them up in a little bit. Wasnt too bad for a first attempt. He just got bored once he ate his fill of pop-corn.

lol

Have a great day all! :drinker:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Today I beat my personal best on the treadmill. I ran my 5k in 35 minutes at a 1 incline. I proceeded to walk at a 4mph and did my crazy incline routine for another 1.150 miles. all together 55minutes 653 calories burned! Exhausted today and have a huge migraine. I think it's from not eating enough protien today. I think I might make myself a protien shake after dinner.

Amanda I hope you are feeling better.

Marla why is it always you that gets picked on?:wink::wink: :wink:

Sara I hope everything is going ok for you and your family.

Roni you can BEAT HIM!! GIRL POWER ALL THE WAY!!

Spyguy,Andy,Andrew whatever you liked to be called :wink: :wink: Be nice to Marla!! :laugh: and what movie did you try to see? We haven't tried the movies with M yet I don't think she could handle it unless it was a princess movie!:grumble:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Today I beat my personal best on the treadmill. I ran my 5k in 35 minutes at a 1 incline. I proceeded to walk at a 4mph and did my crazy incline routine for another 1.150 miles. all together 55minutes 653 calories burned! Exhausted today and have a huge migraine. I think it's from not eating enough protien today. I think I might make myself a protien shake after dinner.

Spyguy,Andy,Andrew whatever you liked to be called :wink: :wink: Be nice to Marla!! :laugh: and what movie did you try to see? We haven't tried the movies with M yet I don't think she could handle it unless it was a princess movie!:grumble:

sam, say hi to me:sad: :sad:

:laugh:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

Ehhh-- it's 'cause he digs me. :laugh:

Either that or everyone's jealous that I have more kids?
  • Girlmom282109
    Options

JEANNIE!!!!! HI HI HI HI HI HI HI I am so SORRY I MISSED YOU!!!!!! How is the weather down there. Cloudy and 70 something here.
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    Either that or everyone's jealous that I have more kids?

I know what it is like to have 9 kids but I get to give them back after 4hours and I tell ya if they all were like they were yesterday I will stick with my 2. :noway: they were so bad but you have to tell the parents that they were good and when I told dad that he said WOW that is surprising!!:grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Thanks Sam:happy: Must beat Andrew...Must beat Andrew:laugh: We girls gotta stick together:wink:

Well yesterday it was cold and rainy here and it was Sunday (which I normally take as my day "off" from any real exercise) but I grabbed up my 14 yr old son (who has went from a size 40 waist to a 36:happy: ) and we went for a power walk/jog in the 30 something degree temps and a bit more than a drizzle, but less than a "rain" falling on us:ohwell: We only went for 40 mins but because we added alot of intervals of jogging into it, it was effective!:drinker: Then, I get up this morning and we have another 2 1/2 inches of snow on the ground:grumble: CANT try to jog in that:noway: I am naturally sooo clumsy I KNOW I would break something lol. I guess I will be breaking the DVD's back out today to get my workout in.

Well, its early and I still need to log my food and do a little reading of threads (lurking lol), talk to ya later on gang, have a great morning!:flowerforyou:

~Roni
  • arewethereyet
    Options

JEANNIE!!!!! HI HI HI HI HI HI HI I am so SORRY I MISSED YOU!!!!!! How is the weather down there. Cloudy and 70 something here.

:happy: It was a beautiful perfect day here! Went to the beach, got a sunburn, and just relaxed! Cheaper than a massage!

Have a great week Bamalam Sam!
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday everybody!!!!! :smile:
  • Marla64
    Options
    That's right, Ladies-- GIRRRL POWERRRRR!!!! maiforssj3fd0.gif

Take that Batman--
    biff.jpg

And that--
    kapow.jpg

Awwww-- now don't pout, we still love you--
    Batman.jpg

• Marla64
    Options
    Happy Monday everybody!!!!! :smile:

Happy to see you back, Amanda!!

Friends, it was a joyful weekend with our visiting friend, Dave-- I gabbed about it on the proud thread so I won't belabor it here. Suffice to say that it was therapeutic and joyful and I haven't laughed that much in a long, long time. My heart is light.:smile::happy: :tongue:

Started out each day eating well, then succumbed to night nibbles, so I'm a bit behind the curve this morning on that front. But, started off again this morning with a low-cal parfait. Since I'm running, have the eating back under control (past two evenings notwithstanding) I changed my goals for a couple weeks back to 1200 calories to get this moving. Now that I have a trustworthy scale (thank you, thank you, thank you) I want to get some loss going again.

I also changed my official goal back to 50 pounds loss-- I know I can do it. I truly won't be satisfied if I stop short of that--

So off we go-- my weigh in days will be Sunday mornings, so I'll let you know next week how it's going.

Off to work-- still trying to catch up.

Black team hugs to all-- make this a good week, people--
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    I don't think I will be doing ANY exercising today. I got a really bad stomach ache at about 9:30 so I went to bed and woke up an hour later with the worst stoch cramps I have ever had. Kinda felt like I had a kidney stone again. A woke up sick at 11:30pm and we were all up minus M until 3:30am. woke up at 8 still sick. called out went back to bed at 9am and slept until noon. Do I feel better NOPE not really! :noway: :grumble: :grumble: I have ate today oatmeal chicken broth toast stuff to sop up the mess that is my stomach so I'm not starving it.

if I feel better later I will be back.
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Supposedly my net will be back online tomorrow. I've done terribly at calorie counting without the net. :frown:

Had a very bad experience at the gym the other day and am considering canceling membership and just working out at home/outside since it's summer now anyway.

And, I can't stick around to read, sorry guys. ): I feel bad.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Supposedly my net will be back online tomorrow. I've done terribly at calorie counting without the net. :frown:

Had a very bad experience at the gym the other day and am considering canceling membership and just working out at home/outside since it's summer now anyway.

And, I can't stick around to read, sorry guys. ): I feel bad.

Hey! You get back here, young lady-- you can't just leave an ominous message like that and leave us hanging-- what happened at the gym? Were you hurt? Are you okay? WTH?

Fill us in when you can, woman!
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Haha. Good thing I checked before leaving work today.

I phoned the gym in morning to see what time they close and was told 10PM. So I went at 9:15pm to workout and the guy at the desk cursed at me and accused me of being a moron because: The f-ing sign on the -fing door says we close at f-ing 9:30!

So I apologized and quietly left and he was swearing at me even as I left and then watched me through the window as I walked to my car. I was extremely mortified by the experience. :frown:

I've never seen him before, not in the morning when I usually go but if I do see him again I'm pretty much done there. I don't do confrontation and I really don't do being sworn at.
  • Marla64
    Options

I phoned the gym in morning to see what time they close and was told 10PM. So I went at 9:15pm to workout and the guy at the desk cursed at me and accused me of being a moron because: The f-ing sign on the -fing door says we close at f-ing 9:30!

So I apologized and quietly left and he was swearing at me even as I left and then watched me through the window as I walked to my car. I was extremely mortified by the experience. :frown:

I've never seen him before, not in the morning when I usually go but if I do see him again I'm pretty much done there. I don't do confrontation and I really don't do being sworn at.

Oh, for the love of Pete-- well, bless you-- you have a sweet soul to be apologetic and to leave so sweetly. Me? I'm mouthy and would have had something to say-- :angry: :grumble: :mad: :noway:

I hope you report this f-ing person for his f-ing behavior-- if he's this f-ing rude to you, you know he's f-ing rude to others and has no business behind the f-ing desk. :wink:

(I do believe that's the most times I've used f-ing in one sentence in my life-- ha!)
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options

Oh girl! I'm so sorry you had to deal with that *kitten*. You're much stronger than I am to leave so quietly and calmly...I usually don't do confrontation either, but that outright disrespect would have made me lose all of my home training. I do hope you report him. If he would do that to you, he's probably done it to plenty of others.
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    That's right, Ladies-- GIRRRL POWERRRRR!!!! maiforssj3fd0.gif

Take that Batman--
    biff.jpg

And that--
    kapow.jpg

Awwww-- now don't pout, we still love you--
    Batman.jpg

Ouch!
    I give! I give! Uncle! Uncle!
    Lol
  • Tri_Dad
    Options

Good golly! You are a kind soul!
    If it had been me, I probably would have gotten plenty of cardio beating him viciously about the chest, neck and head. Then plenty of strength training doing pull ups in my cell. Sheesh. So sorry you had such a bad experience. I would definitely report that one.
  • arewethereyet
    Options

Nicky-You should not take this lying down. It is imparative you call the GM of this gym and discuss this. That employee was more than just eyerolling rude, he was out and out crude and should be FIRED.

This is a good time to get a free year at that gym...........or some PT sessions. Man, I wish I was there I would go straight to the top. That kind of stuff burns me like no other:mad: :mad: