April~ Biggest Loser DVDs / Challenges (New Members welcome!

Options

Replies

• GoyaMommy13
    GoyaMommy13 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone on the weight loss ( OMG, Laura! :O)

I was so happy bc I dropped 2.6 lbs. so I lost the weight I gained last week and plus I lost a pound. I was so scared bc I ended up missing two days of exercise this week, but I am glad with the result. Now i can feel some of my motivation coming back.

Let's Do This!
  • KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    AWESOME Job ladies on all your weight loss!!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou:

Thank you Sandy and Kat! I am so glad that I lost inches. Hoping that means that I gain muscle this week!!!
  • KZOsMommy
    Options
    Ok ladies need some help!

I am having a hard time with my carbs. What kind of stuff do you all fill up on that is not carbs? I am addicted lol.

Thanks for the help!
  • tabbyh25
    tabbyh25 Posts: 66
    Options
    just wanted to let everyone know that I lost 2 more lbs. this week. 5 lbs in two weeks is not bad for me.
  • mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Wow I can't beleive I actually lost 2.5 pounds. I didn't workout all week because I was too busy planning my daughter's baptism. And on top of that I had quite a few licks of cake icing while I was praticing my icing techniques, I also had a few chips. I know bad me!
    I guess the only reason I lost weight is because I was standing all day long running after time. Next week should be better.

Congrats Laura for your 7.5 pounds, that's amazing!
    Congrats Kelly for your 4 pounds, that's a great start!
    And congrats everyone else you all did a wonderfull job!
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options

I am having a hard time with my carbs. What kind of stuff do you all fill up on that is not carbs? I am addicted lol.

Thanks for the help!

Ya, carbs are a tough one!! I usually have a serving of raw almonds a day! They're mostly protein & "good" fats. If I do eat carbs I try to pair it up with something else. For example I'll have whole wheat toast with peanut butter or nuts with raisins.

I'd love to hear what everyone else does as well!
  • laurajoyk
    laurajoyk Posts: 305
    Options

Thanks for the help!

For breakfast I usually have a smoothie made with protein powder and fruit and milk, I have recipes if you want some, they fill me up and keep me full till lunch time. Also protein in general is really filling, so for a snack maybe have a cheese stick or yogurt (yogurt is a pretty filling snack) or when I want carbs I have one of the 100 calorie portioned snacks, so you still get that treat you wanted, but you only get a little bit instead of an entire box or bag LOL
  • Didimsun
    Didimsun Posts: 15
    Options
    WELL DONE! everyone! Wow! What a successful bunch!
    Sandy - you must feel amazing!
    I am feeling really shaky about this weight loss thing this week as I have developed an infection in my ear and neck. I feel weak,shaky, hot and tired. I dont want to do any exercise....I dont want to do anything except crawl into bed and sleep away the pain. I have got medication and even though IM not really a carbs lover I have started craving bread with every meal (a very Turkish thing but something that I never do as Im not a bread lover)....wonder what that's all about!

Laura your breakfast ideas sound scrummy!
    Kelly
  • queenmina
    queenmina Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    HEY ALL YOU GORGEOUS WOMEN!

Sorry if I've been a little out of it. Been super busy with work. Deadline week (otherwise known as HELL week) plus we had a major event yesterday. But all's good and well. :)

So proud of everyone for losing so much weight. WAY TO GO LAURA!

You girls are so freaking fabulous it boggles the mind.

I hope to also get back on track next week. Check in with you all latah playahs! :)
  • CrystalOKeefe
    CrystalOKeefe Posts: 326
    Options
    Laura, choose this weeks challenge !!! WOOOHOOO You rock 7 pounds !!!!

Great job this week everyone !!!!
    I will b e gone most of today, Cali has her first soccer game today then we are heading up to my moms to go morel mushroom hunting!! I cant wait I havent gone in two years!! I had Maeve during the time to go (Mothers Day she was born 2007) Then the next year she was to little !! I cant wait I am so excited !!!

I will wear my hrm while I hike through the woods!!!

Check in later tonight (((HUGS))))
  • KZOsMommy
    Options
    Crystal have a great time today!

Sandy-I love nuts and peanut butter and I can't eat them my daughter is deadly allergic :ohwell: It makes eating a challenge as most of these healthy lifestyles call for eating nuts. I am going to buy some sunflower seed butter as that is safe to eat around her. I wish I could keep that stuff in the house I think that I would not have so much trouble with the carbs!

Laura- Your smoothies sound great I would love to hear the recipes! Yeah when I had those 100 calorie snacks it really did help guess I should buy some more.

Thanks for the advice ladies! Have a great day!!!

Amanda
  • jennyeckel
    jennyeckel Posts: 209
    Options
    *shakes everybody's hands* hi my name is jennny and I am a carb addict.....It all started when I was 2 years old and my grandma made bread........:bigsmile: :laugh: :laugh:

I have a big thing about the whole carbs issue. I DON"T watch them. Now I am soooooooooo not saying that that it is right to do this. BUT, for me I just cant. I have cut way back though. What I usually have is my "hay" in the morning. My hubby calls my all bran cereal hay hahaha what a farm boy! and I top it with a tsp of sugar (only 15 cals). Just a quick plug for the cereal, if anyone is having....ya know....ummmm "problems" with umm....stuff....this is sooooooooo going to cure what ails ya and it DOES help with weight loss amazingly enough! Seriously. But it isn't a cereal everybody can just eat out of the box. Everybody that I know has to make bran muffins out of it....But anyway back to the carbs.. that brings me already up to like 90 carbs.....just for the mornign!!! Lunch I usually have a big huge salad and if I don't have any protein in it like chicken or egg then i eat 2 pieces of whole wheat toast....which brings up the carb count YET again.....but it helps me feel fuller til snack...and I usually have a grapefruit or apple with it. For snack I usually have grapefruit, or a 100 cal snack, or....a piece of whole wheat toast (depending on the excersise I have done for the day) and for supper usually 1/2 my plate is veggies, portion of meat and some sort of starch for the rest of my plate....for 8:00 snack usually a grapefruit.....So you see that I am a carb addict!!!!!!!!! I am usually over between 15-35 depending.....but I made the decision when I started that I was going to have to do a lifestyle where I could live with it and be happy. Carbs make me happy. i no longer eat like 8 peices of toast in a day but I do like to have my 2 pieces with either lunch or supper hahaha. I think that we all have to remember that we have to LIVE with these choices for our whole lives if we are goign to be successful! I probalby could lose faster but I am pretty happy with where I am:happy:

With that stuff said you girls are friggin AWESOME holy weight loss batman! Bring on the challenges I am ready!!!!! seriously you are all an inspiratation for me to keep on GOING!!!!

some sad news for me....*shakes head* don't worry nothing major but just kind of shocked. most of you know I have my sis in law as an excersise buddy. She had lost like40 pounds. We were doing good...this winter we both kind of fell off the wagon....well I was more like not quite off the wagon just being dragged from behind it trying to hold on...:laugh: ...I noticed she was gaining a little and she would tell me and I would say ohhh it is ok we will work it off don't get too down.....but she kept going up.....i didn't know what to say. This feb I hopped back up on the wagon again and really tried to push....and she has kind of been "fighting'" me the whole way. Not actually fighting hahaha but you know making excuses and saying ohhh I am tired lets skip today...that type of stuff. So I would say ok and then I of course would excersise at home....so I started to lose again a pound here and there....and she was pretty quiet when I would tell her or say well don't concentrate so much on teh scale....not trying to down me or anything but at the same she was.....*sigh* I have been completely honest with her, we always told each other what our weights were for teh last like 2 years....and I KNEW we must be getting close to the same weight because she was pretty quiet....she came clean with me yesterday. She is 190. She started at 198.5 OHHHHHHH I am so sad and almost feel guilty! I know I know I shouldn't, but I do. I am almost 20 pounds lighter than her! What can I do to get her back on track!!! She is starting to look at these "miracle" pills and everything and just wants to lose fast so she can get back on track....When she is doing good she doesn't eat enough cals and then the next day she binges on something like donuts or cookies. SHE knows better!!! She got down to like 155!!!!!!! This scares me. What if I do the same thing????? Won't anybody tell me???? She was wearing size 8 in half of her clothes!!!! now she is squeezing her 12's becuase she gave all her 14s to me long time ago.....ohhhhh what a bad thing....I told her about this website but she says that "she" coudlnt do it. Well I will tell you that with this website and your motivation I am dropping! Can't she see that?"???? So anyways...that is just something that is sad to me. And I know that she brought me down a bit becuase of it. But I decided that I had to move on. I maintained my weight for more than 1/2 a year, but I am not happy there I want to get lower and healthier. I just wish she would get back on board with me!!!!

ok I need to get goign hahah enough whining!

OHHHH btw Sauls meeting went really good. The principal over the elementary tried to say that the whole mess with art was a "miscommunication" and I said that NO it wasn't . It was a case of a teacher discriminating against a child becuase she didin't want to be bothered with adapting her teaching. My Hubby might have gotten a little more heated than I hee hee good for him....hahah that is why i brought him:wink::wink: he gets things moving! I am too nice I think. anyways I started tearing up when I was talking about how I fet about the whole situation and todd had to smile becuase all the women started to cry too!!! Poor todd and the principal (the only men in the room) and a pregnant woman too boot was there as well! hahahah But we have gotten alot ironed out and they have the whole summer to deal with what needs to be done. We told them that we will give them one more year to fix the problems and if they don't we are moving him to a different school.

SOOOOOO that went good and I am glad that it is over!!!!

well goign to clean my car out quick and head into the "big city":wink: hahah going to alex and shop a bit hahah get the oil changed....*rolls eyes* sometimes I hate living 45 minutes from a decent place to go!!! but I do like the quiet!!!

loves to all and congrats to all on a great week done!!

jenny
  • constancemwj
    constancemwj Posts: 290
    Options
    Hay ladies.:wink: .
    Sorry I missed you all yesterday. It was a crazy day into a late night.

Great job everyone. I think everyone did great..... I don't have much to say, :ohwell: at least I didn't gain this week.. I think I'm at a plato I've been stuck here for the last 4 weeks....:grumble: So how do you get past a plato???????.... this is where I useally give up and go back to old ways..... But I'm determined this time to get past this.....

As for carbs. I'm not totally addicted. but I do love my carbs..... And refuse to give them up.... I agree with Jenny. I have to find a way to eat that I can live with the rest of my life.. without gaining back what I've lost. So I try to keep them to the whole grains. I like oats. And I try to stay within the aloted amonts and useally do pretty good... I also love nuts and sunflower seeds and eat them alot.. I feel for you amanda not being able to have them..... My nephew is aleragic to nuts to.. and I see what my sister-in-law goes throught to protect him form them..... I'ed try whole grains and hight fiber foods..

Well got to get busy.... the days waisting away
    :flowerforyou: So have a great day everyone......And keep up the great job.

Connie
  • sanifrey
    Options
    Mina, you're freakin' fabulous too!! :wink:

Crystal, enjoy your shroom hunting! That sounds like fun! It'll be interesting to see how many cals your burn & just how sore your hammies are going to be from all the bending! I hope Cali's soccer game goes/went well!! :drinker:

Laura, smoothies do sound like a great idea!! I used to drink whey protein shakes years back, I'll have to get back into that. It'd be a great way to fill in those extra calories left over in the evenings! :smile:

Amanda, can you do seeds?? You mentioned sunflower seeds (love 'em btw) but what about pine nuts?? They work well on salads & for snacking. So sorry about your little one's allergy. I waited like over a year before I even let MJ (3 now) have PB because I was afraid of a bad reaction! Thankful to say she's okay! But, I don't think that I've given Gabby any PB yet too (she's 14 months). I have to get on that! I'd like to be parked outside of the ER & have a dose of Benedryl at the ready!! :frown:

Connie, hang in there!! Change things up if you have to!! Work harder, longer & stronger! You are worth it! ** gives a high 5 **

Jenny, sorry to hear about your SIL's gain. It's sad isn't it! I'm going through the same thing with my hubby. He just isn't in the "mode" right now & I have to just be patient & see him through this time. It'll come, I hope & he'll decide when he's ready. It's tough though because we're all feeling so great, so healthy & we want to fix everyone!! It takes hard work & dedication - if only everyone would get with it! You'll get there Jenny & you'll be okay! You won't go back! You've worked so hard & you know what it takes to get there! We're all here for you & we won't let you slip! Let's make a deal.. you tell me if my *kitten* starts to spread & I'll tell you!! LOL!! :laugh: ((( HUGS))) Glad things went well at the principals office! Only sorry that you had to go through it.

Okay, I gotta go get some work done!! Have a great day & weekend people!
  • sanifrey
    Options
    Cone on Laura - BRING IT!!!

.. this week's challenge, that is :wink:
  • laurajoyk
    laurajoyk Posts: 305
    Options
    What do you guys normal do for challenges? I've only been around a couple weeks.
  • CrystalOKeefe
    CrystalOKeefe Posts: 326
    Options
    Soccer was CRAZY !!! The coach called in at the last moment and had her friend that was there coach..... it was a major hetic mess .... But the kids had fun !!! The score was 2 to 2 and they had fun !!! Maeve made a new friend !! Then after the game we were in line at Mcdonalds cause thats what Cali wanted .... AND Maeve projectile vomitted all over the car so we went home !!!! I ended up getting 3 fresco style hard tacos from taco bell only 150 calories each!! And they taste way better than the regular taco !! So with Maeve not feeling well we arent :cry: going to my moms to go pick mushrooms....... NEXT WEEKEND
    Here is a couple pics from today

Cali is in white cause no one told us we had to get shirts from the office !!
    IMG_0323.jpg
    IMG_0331-1.jpg
    IMG_0338.jpg
  • KZOsMommy
    Options
    Laura- we have done things like jumping jacks, sit ups, push ups, crunches. You can make the challenge anything you want. I have thought about making a food type challenge or something just to change it up. It is your week you do what challenge you want to do :smile:

Crystal- Sorry to hear that Maeve is sick! I hope that she gets to feel better! How sad that you missed your mushroom hunting, hope next week works out for ya. Cali looks like she had a lot of fun playing soccor :smile:

Well I think I am going to rest again today. I had this odd brown spotting yesterday every time I went pee. I am not pregnant as I was just supposed to ovulate on friday (I chart my cycles). Not sure if maybe I hurt myself working out on thursday I used double the weight in my workouts. I have no pain and it seems to not be happy yet this morning. So I think one more day of rest will do me good. Sadly I was nervous yesterday about what was going on with that come the end of the day I did not make great food choices. I let it get the best of me! I WILL do better today!!!!

Hope you ladies have a great day!
    Amanda
  • KZOsMommy
    Options
    ok ladies it came back :ohwell: What the hell is going on with me???? It is ONLY when I go to the bathroom, really dark brown and it seems to get really light almost not even there after I lay down for long periods of time. Anyone have this before? I really don't want something to be wrong and have to have a hystorectomy at 31 years old!!! On top of that we now have no insurance and my husband lost his job on thursday (he is waiting on a call in a couple of weeks on an interview that he did with the IRS). I have some very light cramping around my hip area and my really lower back. Other then that I feel great! HELP ME!!!! I NEED to work out lol!
  • sanifrey
    Options
    Amanda,

I'm sorry, but I have no idea what your spotting could mean. Maybe you did overdo it with your workout. I would recommend that you call your OB/GYN & talk to a nurse. Give her all your symptoms & ask her what she thinks. Maybe even mention about the insurance thing & see what they can recommend for you regarding that. I would imagine that they may want to see you, but then again, maybe they'll just have you keep an eye on it. I really don't know, but I really do think that you should take it seriously & call your Dr right away.

Please keep us updated. :smile: