April~ Biggest Loser DVDs / Challenges (New Members welcome!

Options
191011121315»

Replies

• sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Amanda,

I googled "spotting during weightloss" & found this information at howtodothings.com

Seems to me that with your exercise, change in diet & weightloss that a hormonal change could be the reason your having the spotting, but I'd still run it past your Dr if I were you.

((( HUGS ))):wink:

How To Learn About Mid-Cycle Spotting
    By Staff Writer
    Whether you've always had regular menstrual cycles or never had a regular menstrual cycle in your life, the sudden appearance of mid-cycle spotting can be startling. Spotting is when a small amount of blood is passed, just enough to "spot" your underwear or toilet tissue. The blood spots can be many different colors, from brown to red to pinkish, so don't be too concerned about the color of mid-cycle spotting. Fortunately, mid-cycle spotting is usually nothing to worry about. Here is some information to better understand mid-cycle spotting:

Changes in Hormonal Balance. All of the changes in a woman's menstrual cycle are due to alterations in the progesterone/estrogen balance. Changes in a woman's hormonal balance are especially common in perimenopause.
    Timing. If you have spotting that occurs around the time of ovulation (ten to fourteen days after the start of your last period), it is likely due to the increased estrogen in your system at this time. Spotting can also occur upon implantation of a fertilized egg into the uterine lining. Spotting that occurs several days to one week before one's menstrual cycle can be due to low levels of progesterone, which while not a problem in and of itself, can cause infertility or early miscarriage in the event that one is trying to become pregnant. Spotting that shows up at other times in your cycle is more likely to be abnormal spotting.
    Mittelschmerz. Mittelschmerz is German for "middle pain," and it is a word that describes the mid-cycle pain that can accompany ovulation. You will experience mittelschmerz on one side of your lower abdomen around the time of ovulation, from 10-14 days after the first day of your last period. If you experience mittelschmerz around the same time as spotting, you are almost certainly ovulating. Mittelschmerz is nothing to worry about; I see it as a convenient way of knowing exactly where I am in my cycle.
    Other Potential Influences. A woman's hormonal balance can also be affected by the following conditions:
    Weight loss or gain
    A change in diet (especially poor nutrition)
    Excessive caffeine or alcohol consumptionExcessive exercise
    Smoking or drug use
    Stress (work-related, personal, environmental)
    Illness
    Childbirth, breastfeeding, miscarriage or dilation and curettage (D&C)
    Cysts, polyps, endometriosis, fibroids or other reproductive system abnormalities
    Perimenopause
    Beginning or changing medications
    Chemotherapy
    Anorexia or bulimia
    If any of these events have occurred in your recent history, chances are that your hormones are temporarily out of balance, and mid-cycle spotting is the result.
  • KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! I am for sure going to call the dr in the AM. Thank you for the article too :wink:
  • sanifrey
    Options
    You are welcome!! :wink: I was hoping that it would set your mind at ease until you could at least talk to an expert.

Crystal, I wanted to comment on how cute Cali is out there running after that soccer ball! It sure looks like she had a great time! Sorry to here that Maeve is not well! My family is all recovering from some strange 24 hour flu! My Gabby had a fever of 104 the other night! She's fine now, as fiesty as ever!!
  • mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Well I did reach one of my goals. Today was my daughter's baptism and I did get to fit in my black preprego pants. They actually felt comfy. I have a long way to go still but this felt great. The numers drop isn't the same as fitting in a pair of pants that I I used to fit in a long time ago. Yé for me!
  • laurajoyk
    laurajoyk Posts: 305
    Options
    Well I did reach one of my goals. Today was my daughter's baptism and I did get to fit in my black preprego pants. They actually felt comfy. I have a long way to go still but this felt great. The numers drop isn't the same as fitting in a pair of pants that I I used to fit in a long time ago. Yé for me!

Thats great!! Congrats
  • laurajoyk
    Options
    I put a challenge up. Hopefully it works for you guys I wasn't really sure what to put. So I finally get to meet with my trainer for the first time tomorrow. I was so sad I had to cancel last week cause of that flu I had. And of course now I've got a sinus infection LOL Oh well, I'll just have to live through it while being sick. I'm still really excited get to do it though, it will hurt so good LOL
  • CrystalOKeefe
    CrystalOKeefe Posts: 326
    Options
    AWESOME !!! Emilie that is great !!! Feels great doesnt it !!

Thank You everyone for the nice comments about my Cali !!! We ended up going up to my Moms for the night then me and Mom went out in the woods in the morning but we found nothing !! But we had fun observing nature! There were alot of Northern Flickers I think they were doing there mating dance it was really neat how the Male would Dance for the female!
    We I am so excited that so far so good, I feel good about my self and glad that I have all you friends to chit chat with about all this !!
    ((((HUGS))))
  • KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    AWESOME challenge Laura!!!

Crystal- I am glad that you were able to still go Morale hunting, sorry you did not find any!

Ok I called the dr. They said that they think it is jut ovulation bleeding and the fact that I have dropped 38lbs, exercise like a machine (lol her words gosh maybe you are all on to somethine) and have changed my diet 180 degrees has put my hormones in a spin. They said just keep going on with my life and if it gets worse, red or continues on past thursday to call them back. But she said she did not think it would come to that.

I decided to start working out again but this week I think I am going to stick to yoga and my turbo jam ab at least until the bleeding has stopped. I can't go on any longer with out exercising. It has been since thursday and I am about to go nuts lol.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!
    Amanda
  • sanifrey
    Options

AWESOME!! You're doing great!! :drinker:
  • sanifrey
    Options
    I put a challenge up. Hopefully it works for you guys I wasn't really sure what to put. So I finally get to meet with my trainer for the first time tomorrow. I was so sad I had to cancel last week cause of that flu I had. And of course now I've got a sinus infection LOL Oh well, I'll just have to live through it while being sick. I'm still really excited get to do it though, it will hurt so good LOL

Laura, great challenge! I'm really going to get in those pushups!! I really need to get back to doing those again! I hope things go well with your trainer! ENJOY!!
  • laurajoyk
    Options
    I'm glad you guys like the challenge LOL! Well I met with my trainer, and I am definitely going to feel it tomorrow. Sadly I couldn't do as much cardio cause my allergies are in my lungs and are making me cough like crazy, so I have to take it easy on the cardio until I'm better, but she totally kicked my *kitten*!! I did like two full sheets of exercises and a few of them are pretty brutal. I did so many lunges and lunges with kickbacks that I won't be able to sit down tomorrow so I'm cleaning my apartment tonight cause I won't be able to move tomorrow. I feel great and its going to hurt so good tomorrow. Bring on the pain LOL I know if I do the routine she gave me 3 to 5 days a week I will lose my weight even faster than I have been. I can't wait. I hope you all had a good Monday. Keep up the good work ladies.:drinker:
  • laurajoyk
    Options
    I keep forgetting to ask where everyone is from. I'm from Alaska and I always notice I'm on here later than everyone else cause of the time difference LOL
  • queenmina
    queenmina Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi Girls!

Sorry I haven't been checking in a while. It's been crazy at the office. Had a big event last Friday, and this week we're closing. Deadlines are killer man. I worked out over the weekend, but my eating has been terrible. I hope to get some workouts in this week despite working late in the office. It's Fashion Week here so things are going to be MAD MAD MAD.

And Laura, great challenge! Hope I get it done soon.

Amanda, I hope you're feeling better. :)
  • CrystalOKeefe
    CrystalOKeefe Posts: 326
    Options
    Good morning all you amazing ladies !!! I hope everyone is doing well!!
    Well , Cali has a cough again to where she is coughing up phlem? She had a slight 100.5 temp yesterday. Hmmmm... this morning though she was feeling ok no temp so I sent her to school....

Yesterday up in my Moms town the got a confirmed case of Swine flu they shut the schools down.... when we went up there saturday we went straight to her house we didnt go anywhere other than the woods but we came in contact with no one... should I worry?

So I havent exercised these last couple of days Evil Tom is visitng and I feel terrible and to top it off I found out that our house insurance guy was screing us over !! I realized that we were paying 915 a year!! yeah So I called him last week and he never called me back so I went and got estimates and got more coverage than we had for 640 a year!! I even got my car insurance lowered by almost 41 a month !! Yeah so now I am saving around 65 a month than what I was paying , not much but with the economy how it is every penny counts !!

Blah Blah .. I know I chat your ears off.. Where is Jenny .. We miss you Jenny .... Oh I know how to find her
    BobHarper.jpg
    ITS BOB HARPER DAY !!!!!!

Well, today Cali has soccer practice , hopefully she feels well enough to play. Poor kid I swear my kids are always sick and I have no Idea why......

Have a wonderful day ladies ...

P.s. should we start a May page on here since this one says April?
  • sanifrey
    Options
    Good morning!!

Crystal, I'm sorry to hear that the girls are sick! Mine have been sick since the weekend! We're in snot mode right now! Sniffling, sneezing & snot! Bleuck!! No one is oinking yet, so I'm being positive! MJ has her 3yr check up today so I"m sure the DR will address her congestion then. I think she's due for an injection & I don't even want to bring it up to her yet! YIKES!! I'll never even get her into the truck! Great job on saving money on insurance! & I hope that you're feeling better soon!

Mina, you hang in there! You sound so very busy! Try to plan healthy snacks to have on hand. I like to bag pretzles, almonds, raisins & fruit to have on hand for my busy days when I can't stop to make a real meal! Sometimes the "snacks" can be a real boost to my energy as well!

Laura, oh ya - you're going to be sore!! I love it!! Let's me know it's working!! I'm from Pennsylvania! Home of the Penguins & Steelers!! Woot woot!!

Amanda, hope that you're feeling better!

Jenny, I miss you!! We all do!

I'm so looking forward to watching the BL tonight!! I was really hoping for the finale, but I saw that wasn't until next week. It'll be great to see how far everyone has come! It's amazing to watch the intro before the show starts. I forget just how heavy they were when this all started!

Have a great day people!!:drinker:
  • laurajoyk
    Options
    Well I am definitely feeling a ton of muscles that I had forgotten even existed LOL Its a great feeling to know I worked hard.

Crystal- Yeah we should start a May one. This one is getting super long now :wink: I am having the same issues with my TOM too. Not fun. I've gained some weight back, but as long as I keep sticking to what I've been doing, I should keep losing.

I hope everyone feels better soon.

Well sadly I won't be able to watch BL tonight but I'm recording it. My fiance comes home tonight and I haven't seen him in a week and a half so I will be driving 50 miles to the airport when the show is on to pick him up, but I should be able to watch it in a couple days.

Today will be a rest day for me, then back to the gym tomorrow to do my new workout on my own.