April~ Biggest Loser DVDs / Challenges (New Members welcome!

Options

Replies

• CrystalOKeefe
    Options
    :flowerforyou: (((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))) JENNY !!!!!!!!!!!

Jenny what is the matter with your little man? My niece has Cp . and my Nephew is autistic.

Wooohooo AMANDA holy booty kicking challenge ....... I have to do girly oush ups cause cant do the "WOMEN" push ups yet!!!!

Today I have no motivation !!! But during TBL I will put my HRM on and move my booty ! I need a exercise bike. I saw one on seventhavenue.com that I want it is a eliptical and a bike in one !!! Some day !!!

Today was Calis first soccer practice but cause of the crappppppy weather they cancelled it ARGH then come to find out that they laid off the teacher that was in charge of the soccer stuff.... I swear budget cuts for schools is crap..... She is supposed to have a game saturday but with no practice I dont think that is gonna be happening...

Does any one watch Bones - House - Dexter - those are 3 of my favs but they took dexter off air with out even saying so I am so mad.......

Well ladies until later have a good night
  • jennyeckel
    jennyeckel Posts: 209
    Options
    thanks crystal! I am feeling better after supper and my sauly came up while I was making it and hugged my legs. Oh to be a kid again, they can just forget what a nasty sounding mama was 45 minutes earlier!!! I think that is called unconditional love there! Saul was born in Colombia and was in an orpphanage about an hour after he was born. He was born with no hip sockets, cataracts in his eyes and progressed into developmental problems as well. Poor little guy! He is showing some different signs....I have looked some things up on it and he has a few symptoms of autism and some symptoms of aspengers syndrome....we have to take him to a neuroligist this summer....grrr I hate to do it! He gets so upset! But he is doing super good now!!! He is walking with a walker and is gettign more independent every day!!! I am so happy we found him!!!! He makes us so happy!!!! Even wheni am about to snap!!!!:embarassed:

So anyways Jenny is over her little melt down....and no peanut butter or chocolate was injested while in the midst of it either!!! wooo hooo....i plan to sit down and watch my bob and have my nightly 'dessert' of a yummy grapefruit! I think it is pretty sad when I look forward to my nightly treat and it is a ....grapefruit hahahaha:bigsmile: oh what a differnce I have made!!! alright I have to log my supper in and then go watch my bobbbbb mmmmmmmmmmmmm I am already for that tongiht!!!!

loves to all
    jenny:heart:
  • jennyeckel
    Options
    PS.
    I know all about that stupid budget cutting stuff! Next year in our elementary there is goign to be no ART!!!! Can you believe it???? oh for crying out loud!!!
    HOpefully someone will do the soccer stuff for your sweetie! But don't worry, once a soccor mom always a soccer mom!!!:laugh:

jenny (again):bigsmile:
  • KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Jenny- Sorry to hear that Saul is having such a tough time. I hope that he gets better really soon!!! As for the Challenge you can do it girl :tongue:

Ok let me just say that eating out sucks bad! I don't usually eat out ever. My kids have food allergies and with me eating healthy we just don't do it. Well while we were in Indy we ate out every meal. Even though I did my best to make wise choices it was not great. Then tonight we ate at taco bell. I ate a Fresco Steak soft taco (that is all I ate there) and then ate something healthy when I got home. My stomach HURTS bad right now. I tried to work out and it hurt so bad I had to stop. Guess I will start my 6 week Cardio Max and Power sculpt tomorrow!

Hope you are all enjoying The Biggest Loser right now I know I am!
    Amanda
  • queenmina
    queenmina Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies! Just got home from vacation. Had a good time. I ate ok while I was gone but the snacking while driving was a killer for me. Going to work out like crazy for the next couple of days that is for sure!

As for my challenge this week lets go for.......25 walk out push ups (go from standing, to bending and touching your toes, walk out into push up position, do one push up and then stand back up).

Have fun ladies :drinker:

Amanda

Ohmygawd! You're hardcore Amanda! Haha! 25 walk out push ups it is!
  • queenmina
    Options
    Hi ladies! Sorry I havent been on much. I have been doing lots of work outside and had a sick little boy. Saul is feeling better today which means its now the crankies. I hate HATE the day after tehy start feeling better....becuase for at least my little boy he is a big handful of energy mixed with tired mixed with the most crabby moods ever. I am tired and I feel bad. I lost my temper with him and raised my voice and now I just feel absolutly terrible. *sigh* I love being a mom but sometimes it is sooooooooo hard! He is special needs but I do know that he does understand some of the things he does so I mean yeah I should have gotten after him but maybe not as snappy as I did. :frown: I am sorry, I am just kind of down....don't like this type of feeling i ususally am pretty upbeat if you girls hadn't noticed. Maybe I should just go and get some housework done....sometimes that helps. HUGS to you girls. Maybe my Bob will cheer me up later tonight. Mina i love your new pic!! You are sooo such a cutie!!!!!
    Talk to you all later
    jenny

HUUUUUUUUGSSSSS FOR JENNYYYYYYY!

Oh don't be sad dahling! We're here for you! And I'm so sorry to hear about Saul, but I'm sure he'll be better soon. Meanwhile, you're always going to be a FABULOUS HAWT MOMMA! And you can rake your way to Singapore anytime you want sister friend!

I have a confession to make... I had a WHOPPER yesterday. I just couldn't resist. I LOVE WHOPPERS. And I refuse to feel guilty about it because I haven't had one in a long time. Too long if you ask me. If I wasn't already married, I think I would marry a WHOPPER. Haha!

Here's a HRM dilemma... I've been using this POLAR HRM. But it doesn't seem to be accurate AT ALL. It's so annoying because I spent so much money on it. It's one of those that you wear on your wrist. And if I jog or at least propel myself forward, it seems to work. But if I'm doing an exercise video (like the 30 Day Shred or Barry's Bootcamp) and I'm just doing jumping jacks or jogging in place or on my elliptical trainer, then it barely registers any calories burned - even though I'm sweating like a pig and my heart is racing. Did I waste my money???

Keep working hard ladies!
    :heart: Mina

PS Anyone looks good with a high angle shot - you'll instantly drop 10lbs. Chin down and tilt your head towards your "good" side and you'll have a fab photo. Trust me.
  • jennyeckel
    Options
    which polar did you get mina? I have the f7 and it does well. Mine comes with the belt...??? Do they all?? I don't konw....but it should be acurate....hmmmm you might have to go to their website and check it our something....*hmmm puts thinking cap on....* ughhhhh ouch I think my cap shrunk hahahaha It osunds like something is wrong with it! I have a polar and I love it and think it is the best money spent on me in a long time!!!! i had my hubby get it all teched ready so I didnt' have to worry about messing the thing up....i do have a tendency to ruin tech type stuff.....word of caution hammers or fists do not work well with computers....they don't like them....:bigsmile:

:angry: :explode: alright I have vent right here and right now. RON you stupid lying guy!!! I was really liking you and NOW NOWWWWWWWWWw I do not at all. You LIED straight to everybody's face! *mimics rons voice* ohhhh I had no idea what mikes decision would be.....as if and what ever!!! Alright so now what>??? I wanted Kristen and Filipe to make to the finales...grrrrr:sad: :grumble: alright but I do have to say BOB look incredible tongith don't you all think hee heee...and there was LOTSSSSSSSSSS of bob. Yep, it almost made up for last week lack of him. mmmmm bob....ok droolfest is over :wink:

well must get ready for bed....and mina...I ate a whopper jr on saturday! mmmm it was good and I enjoyed everybite.....now the mcflurry I did feel bad about....550 calories for that are you kidding????

AMANDA...*hands some tums over* I know the pain. Oh yes, it is revenge of your body! On Saturday (after my stupid mistake of a mcflurry) I came home with glassed over eyes and I think headign for a sugar coma and I ended up haveig one of the worst headaches!!! I really think it ws becuase of the food that I have become sooooo unused to. My body said Ummmm girl I don't think so, and it punished me big time!!!! I guess we just ahve to live through and use it as a learnign experience! I think I decided I will just take the small icecream cone.....uh huh....no more reeses mcflurry's....:noway: Like I am ever goign to not haev one of those cups full of heavenly bliss....hahahah but I think that it won't be for awhile!!!

so everyone goodnight goodmornign and good afternoon. That should cover all timezones I think!!!:laugh: :wink:

thanks for the nice words....*sigh* I feels much better tongiht.
    loves
    jenny
  • laurajoyk
    laurajoyk Posts: 305
    Options
    Laura go for the gym!!!! Might as well right??? Can you watch BL while you work out??? That would be fun:wink:

I ended up staying after and using the elliptical so I could watch the last half of the biggest loser LOL I was going to do 35 minutes but ended up doing 47 so I could watch the rest of the show. Then since I biked to work I biked home and my legs were like jello LOL I also did some leg work on the weights before the elliptical.

Hopefully tomorrow I can do some on the elliptical and do some upper body work too.
  • laurajoyk
    laurajoyk Posts: 305
    Options
    Okay so I'm super curious to know what you guys thought about the whole Ron lying about not knowing that Mike was voting Kristen off?

I really want either MIke or Tara to win, but I really don't think she has enough to lose anymore. Who knows. I really do like Mike, but tonight's episode made me think he's getting way too cocky. But I still want him to win!
  • queenmina
    Options

I ended up staying after and using the elliptical so I could watch the last half of the biggest loser LOL I was going to do 35 minutes but ended up doing 47 so I could watch the rest of the show. Then since I biked to work I biked home and my legs were like jello LOL I also did some leg work on the weights before the elliptical.

Hopefully tomorrow I can do some on the elliptical and do some upper body work too.

YAY Laura! BL is great motivator. I always end up longer on the cardio machines when BL or American Idol is on. Haha.
  • queenmina
    Options
    which polar did you get mina? I have the f7 and it does well. Mine comes with the belt...??? Do they all?? I don't konw....but it should be acurate....hmmmm you might have to go to their website and check it our something....*hmmm puts thinking cap on....* ughhhhh ouch I think my cap shrunk hahahaha It osunds like something is wrong with it! I have a polar and I love it and think it is the best money spent on me in a long time!!!! i had my hubby get it all teched ready so I didnt' have to worry about messing the thing up....i do have a tendency to ruin tech type stuff.....word of caution hammers or fists do not work well with computers....they don't like them....:bigsmile:

thanks for the nice words....*sigh* I feels much better tongiht.
    loves
    jenny

MINE DOESN'T COME WITH A BELT! How annoying. :( I did the questionnaire where you figure out which product will work best for you and I got the FA20 Activity Computer which is one of the few that's not compatible with a transmitter. Ugh. I think it's more accurate if you use the belt thing. Oh well. I guess I'll have to buy another one...

I was interested in getting a BodyBugg like everyone on BL, but then I realised you need to subscribe to the site be able to monitor. And it's really expensive. So forget that.

I haven't worked out in two days. But I spent my lunch break looking at fitness sites and I think I'm all psyched again to workout. HA!
  • CrystalOKeefe
    Options
    Mina Sell your hrm on ebay they go fast and high.. I tried getting one on there but they were to high all the time!!!
  • CrystalOKeefe
    Options
    Yeah Jenny that was pretty rude of Ron since he is the one that told Mike to vote that way!!! JERK !!! But I guess this is a game .... But I think Mike is getting too cocky and now filipe is gonna be on a mission!!! GO FILIPE !!!

OK so today I am gonna Move ... Treadmill here I come !!!
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Good morning people!!

I've been here!! I've been posting on the spreadsheet but really haven't had much time to post as much as I'd like on this thread! But, I have been here, reading & trying to keep up with everyoone! I've been super busy with the girls & their activites!! I also have a few other threads that I need to weed out. It's nice to have a place to call home!

Jenny, I hear you on the Mommy guilt thing. My MJ just turned 3 & boy does she know how to push my buttons sometimes. I hate when I don't have the patience with her & I don't handle situations well. But, I just try to focus on the fact that she won't always be this young & she won't always want to follow me from room to room like a shadow! I try to embrace every precious moment!

Mina, you can do it!! Get your exercise in & set goals for yourself!

Laura, I was annoyed with Ron too. However, I'm not a fan of his anyway. But, what really annoyed me was that he told Kristin that he wouldn't put her name down (which he didn't) but he also said he told her Mom that he'd protect her & get her to the end (BIG FAT LIAR). I mean it would've been better just to say, I didn't write your name down, like I promised, but I have to get my son to the end foremost. That would've at least been understandable & respectable.

I loved all the Bob footage as well! He was cracking me up watching their food journaling video!! However, I had a feeling that a commercial was coming for the powdered protein! Oh well! It pays the bills I suppose!

Well girls, I gotta go get ready for step class! I'm hoping for an awesome calorie burn today! We're getting so very close to our weigh in!

TTFN!! :heart: Sandy
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Hey!! Just checkin' back in & bumpin the thread!!

I had a great step class today & burned 489!! So great!!

What's everyone's plan for their last chance workouts?? I'm thinking mine will involve something with the 30 Day Shred since I've only done the dvd 1x this week so far against my goal of 3x... So I better get to it!!
  • CrystalOKeefe
    Options
    Uh Oh youd better do it twice then LOL ...

Well I am thinking Yoga 1 & 2 , treadmill with sauna suit, if it is nice again tommorrow bike ride with Otis my doggy........ And our challenges ......

Alrighty ladies I am off to bed have a great night (((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone!

I was all set to come home tonight to do a big workout after taking last night off. :tongue: I had to have an MRI today and I have one every six months so I'm an old pro at them and I don't get worked up about them or anything but I look like a pin cushion!! :grumble:

I went in to get the IV for the contrast and the gal was chatting away, stuck me in the arm, no go. Now, I learned a long time ago that I'm fine as long as I don't watch the needles so I'm looking away. Then she says, you know I don't think that one is going to work but you've got a great vein right here, as she's patting my wrist. I'm thinking in my head...oh geez I hate IV's there but of course I don't say anything. Then she jabs me so hard and fast it brought tears to my eyes! :sad: She instantly knew that was no good either and admitted so and apologized for bruising me as she's pressing hard on my wrist to stop the pain (it didn't work). As she's holding it I'm starting to get nauseated :sick: and told her so. Anyway, 15 minutes pass while I try to recover and not pass out and someone else has to come in and stick me in the other arm. At least he was successful the first time. Then I spent an hour in the tube getting imaged and I feel like I've been run over by a truck! I just want to crawl in bed and call it a day!

Anyway, my body says no and I'm listening. I'll have to work extra hard tomorrow. At least I did do well on my calories and food choices today so I have that going for me! :drinker:

Nighty night everyone!
  • GoyaMommy13
    GoyaMommy13 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Kat- Aww...I'm so sorry you had a hard time with the IV. I know they have a hard time with me when I get blood drawn too! Good job for listening to your body though!
  • queenmina
    Options
    Mina Sell your hrm on ebay they go fast and high.. I tried getting one on there but they were to high all the time!!!

That's a brilliant idea Crystal. Why didn't I think of that!??!
  • queenmina
    Options
    Hey!! Just checkin' back in & bumpin the thread!!

I had a great step class today & burned 489!! So great!!

What's everyone's plan for their last chance workouts?? I'm thinking mine will involve something with the 30 Day Shred since I've only done the dvd 1x this week so far against my goal of 3x... So I better get to it!!

LAST CHANCE WORKOUT!

Yesterday, I did the Shred Level II for the first time! I actually was able to live through it. I did the whole thing start to finish and I couldn't believe that I could do those cardio plank moves. Holy Cow! I swear Jill really helps me get stronger.

Sandy, just to check with you... Would you ever do the Shred everyday? If you had the time, I mean... I'm on the fence as to whether I should do it everyday or not...