April~ Biggest Loser DVDs / Challenges (New Members welcome!

Options

Replies

• chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    good morning ladies...

i see everyone is doing great.
    queenm....take it easy with the back. i hurt my back the same way years ago and to this day still have trouble with it.

i am down from 207 to 205.4. thrilled about that one.

off to the gym after i finish my coffee.

later :heart:
  • KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!!!

I am off to the zoo here soon but did not want to leave with out saying Hello :smile:

Mina- I am so sorry that you hurt your back!!! I would honestly listen to the dr and take a little time off. Just watch what you are eating closer and do the walking and the elliptical. You don't want to hurt yourself any worse and cause yourself more problems. Take care of your self!!

Have a great day ladies!

Amanda
  • CrystalOKeefe
    Options
    *pout**pout* I am crying in side ...... I am up 1.8 but on a positive note I have lost 1 inch in my waist and 2 inches in my hips WOOHOO !! No wonder my pants keep saggin in the but !! My hubby said the other day are we gonna need to go shopping cause all your pants are getting to big and I cant see your butt( He is a butt man) !!!

So this week I am on a mission (after today that is ) My body is still pretty sore from yesterday my hip is killing me everytime I walk and move .. but a bit better than yesterday so hopefully by tommorrow it will be better !!!

Emilie I am so glad your back hun we missed you !!! You sure been chatting up the http://mfphealthattack.aimoo.com/ site !! Great topics !!

Welcome again to all our new members !! WoooHooo we are growing strong !! Yay Yay !!

:drinker:
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!! I went to put in my .6 lbs of weight loss on the spreadsheet but I didn't see a spot. I'm am so technically challenged. Crystal...help??? This has been a tough week for me working out so I'm thrilled with my .6. I vow to do extra long workouts this weekend and get in at least five days next week. With The Machine in this group and can't go slacking now! :bigsmile:

Welcome to all the newbies. This is a GREAT group so much fun and great motivators! I hope everyone has a weekend full of great choices. That's what I wish for myself, weekends are a big challenge for me! :blushing:
  • CrystalOKeefe
    Options
    Hey WildKat318 !! I am not sure what you mean you put your weight in...... The colomn to the right is the area where we put the pounds lost...

Sometime if we are on at the same time I will help you ... on the page were it says crystalokeefe is viewing you would click that and instantly be able to chat...
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Crystal, hang in there girl!! You are working so very hard & it will come!! You are doing great!! Great job on those inches lost! I hope you can find your butt! If you happen to find mine while you're looking let it know I'd like to have it back! Smaller, toner, but back!! LOL!! :laugh:

Amanda, enjoy the zoo!! Are you wearing a HRM?? Would be interesting to know how many cals you end up burning!

Mina, please be careful & get yourself better! I agree that you should really concentrate on your eating well & everything will fall in line. I encourage you to take some nice, long, low impact walks.

Chipper (is it Cathy??) (I'm having a hard time keeping everyone straight - sorry) ANYWAY!! Congrats on your loss this week! You are truely an inspiration!

Welcome to the newbies!! Glo!! Christy!! & all the other girls, sorry I can't remember the names, but I'll get cha eventually!!

Have a great day & weekend!!

:drinker: Sandy
  • wildkat318
    Options
    Hey WildKat318 !! I am not sure what you mean you put your weight in...... The colomn to the right is the area where we put the pounds lost...

Sometime if we are on at the same time I will help you ... on the page were it says crystalokeefe is viewing you would click that and instantly be able to chat...

Okay, I'll look for you next time I'm on there...sorry to be such a pain. :grumble:
  • wildkat318
    Options
    Kat- With the workout that I did today I burned 1175 calories (about) I need to get a HRM.

Amanda (aka The Machine lol)

Amanda I can't believe you work out that much and don't have an HRM! I love mine and am SO glad I got it, I was cheating myself out of a lot of calores burned. Not that I need them because I want to eat more but it's really fun to watch how much more efficient I get at my workouts. It's a great tool to help me know when maybe it's time to switch it up. I'm surprised at how quickly we adapt.

Well, once again, I must bow in your presence, you are an inspiration! I plan to beat "the machine" this weekend! :laugh:
  • GoyaMommy13
    GoyaMommy13 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My work blocked out the site for the spreadsheet. :sad:

So I'll fill it in tonite I promise! You ladies are great!
  • KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Kat- Yeah I think in the next week or two I am going to order a HRM. I really would have loved to see how many calories I burned walking up steep hills pushing a double stroller with two 40lb kids in it for 2 1/2 hours lol. Then we went and played at the park. It got so hot we had to come home my oldest had an asthma attack at the park so we needed to rest. I have to work tonight waiting tables. So much for a day of rest :laugh: Oh and Good luck beating me this weekend :wink: I am glad that I can get ya to work out harder :smile: I am going away sunday, monday and tuesday but the hotel has a treadmill so I will be running my 3-5 miles at least twice while I am gone!

Great job this week ladies! Keep up the great work!!!!
  • CrystalOKeefe
    Options

Okay, I'll look for you next time I'm on there...sorry to be such a pain. :grumble:

Not a pain at all !!!!
  • CrystalOKeefe
    Options
    Congrats !!!! We have 3 people tied up for 2 pounds

Amanda 2 pounds 1.28%
    Sandy 2 Pounds 1.23%
    Mina 2 pounds 1.09%

So I will put a poll on http://mfphealthattack.aimoo.com/Polls/3-challenges-or-1-1-18217.html so we can vote to see if we should have one challenge from the Highest % lost OR 3 challenges one from each lady !!!! Dont for get to go vote so we know what our plan is !!!
  • queenmina
    queenmina Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

Thanks so much for the caring words. I did as the doc said and took three days off exercise and today I am slowly but surely getting back on track. I just finished Level 1 of Jillian's Shred. Now I'm resting a bit before I start up again. I'm going to try my Abs of Steel video next. Woohoo. Maybe some Pilates. And elliptical trainer while I'm watching The Biggest Loser season 4 marathon tonight.

I'm also gearing up to go shopping for the week. I figure lotsa veggies and protein. My food goals this week are:

1. Eat breakfast everyday
    2. No carbs at dinner
    3. Drink at least 2L of water a day

This last week, I just tried to stay of Coca-Cola (which I'm seriously addicted to) and sweetie snacks, which I was able to do. Yay! I'm trying to take small steps, not big drastic changes. Hopefully, I'll be able to stick to this Get Gorgeous Programme this time.

Can't wait to watch the BL marathon tonight. It really gets me through the week.
  • jennyeckel
    jennyeckel Posts: 209
    Options
    MINAAAA 2 pounds awesome!! It is nice taht you are feeling alittle better!!! Just try to work into it slow!!! You are already gorgeous girl!!! It is just you want to feel it!! You are going to be able to do this!!!! mmmmmm a marathon of bob..................that sounds goooooooddddd!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: AWKKKK I can't not have carbs hahaha I gotta have my bread for lunch and supper!!! But you will notice a change once you lay off the coke----I was addicted to dr pepper....ohhhh yummy....seriously drinking probalby a 2 liter bottle a day and I haven' had one in 2 years.....I don't think anyways I am pretty sure I would remember!!! I had to ease into the water by adding flavor to it...but now.....I guess I toughened up and just drink it straight hahaha:laugh:

Well yesterday girls I fell off the wagon a little. I went shopping with my sis in law (wow I got out of this podunk town for little bit) and we had....*sigh Burger King. I had a whopper junior, 4 cheese tots a small sprite (what a waste of calories) and then.....on the way home we stopped and had a reeses mcflurry....AWWWWWWW why did I do it!! Actually it was terrible about an hour after I got home I ended up getting the worst headache I have had in a long time. Hubby said that it was probably becuase of the icecream----way to much sugar for a girl whos special sweet treat is a grapefruit!!!! So after I put Saul in bed I went out and 'powerraked' for a little over an hour and burned liek 400 cals. I was movign! I still went over my cals but it worked out to be only about 160. Why do we do this to ourselves???? Will I ever learn????? grrrrr

Emilie I am so glad that you are back on!!! I love seeing your little messages on the forum!!! I think that we have two machines in our midst....Amanda and Sandy. Yep they are doing AWESOME!!! Well actually we are ALLLL doing awesome!! Crystal....that stupid scale...I think you should just look at the tape measure dearie!!!

who else I can't remember all the new girls yet but keep up the good work!!!!!! I am goign to have my breakfast and get little boy in the bath!!

:heart: :heart: jenny
  • laurajoyk
    laurajoyk Posts: 305
    Options
    Hey everyone. I am just joining you guys. I started counting calories and working out since monday this week, but had a bit of an issue yesterday. I turned to pizza and hotwings since I had a friend of mine die in an avalanche yesterday. So I ordered take out instead of buying more cigarettes which I gave up yesterday.

I'm glad I found a group of people on here. I love the biggest loser and I am slowly adding to my collection of their workout dvds.

My original starting weight was 222.5 and now I am at 214.0. I just started working at a gym as a housekeeper, so not only do I get a free membership, but I also get to workout cleaning while I work, so I'm hoping to get below 200 soon and never get above that again.
  • CrystalOKeefe
    Options
    Welcome Laura !! So glad to have you!!!! Big hugs to you (((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))) I am very sorry about your friend.:flowerforyou:

Awesome job you have! I want to go to the gym I am just trying to find the time LOL !

Ouch Pizza and Hotwings ... Better than killing your lungs though... mmmm I miss hot wings 3 mile island....
  • tabbyh25
    tabbyh25 Posts: 66
    Options
    Is it to late to join your group? I love the biggest Loser i am starting the dvds tonight. Wish me luck.
  • laurajoyk
    laurajoyk Posts: 305
    Options
    Welcome Laura !! So glad to have you!!!! Big hugs to you (((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))) I am very sorry about your friend.:flowerforyou:

Awesome job you have! I want to go to the gym I am just trying to find the time LOL !

Ouch Pizza and Hotwings ... Better than killing your lungs though... mmmm I miss hot wings 3 mile island....

I love them LOL
  • CrystalOKeefe
    Options
    Is it to late to join your group? I love the biggest Loser i am starting the dvds tonight. Wish me luck.

Hi welcome !!! So glad you want to join us !! Woohoo !! Send me your email crystalokeefe@aol.com and I will send you an invite from our spread sheet !!!
  • queenmina
    queenmina Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    MINAAAA 2 pounds awesome!! It is nice taht you are feeling alittle better!!! Just try to work into it slow!!! You are already gorgeous girl!!! It is just you want to feel it!! You are going to be able to do this!!!! mmmmmm a marathon of bob..................that sounds goooooooddddd!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: AWKKKK I can't not have carbs hahaha I gotta have my bread for lunch and supper!!! But you will notice a change once you lay off the coke----I was addicted to dr pepper....ohhhh yummy....seriously drinking probalby a 2 liter bottle a day and I haven' had one in 2 years.....I don't think anyways I am pretty sure I would remember!!! I had to ease into the water by adding flavor to it...but now.....I guess I toughened up and just drink it straight hahaha:laugh:

Well yesterday girls I fell off the wagon a little. I went shopping with my sis in law (wow I got out of this podunk town for little bit) and we had....*sigh Burger King. I had a whopper junior, 4 cheese tots a small sprite (what a waste of calories) and then.....on the way home we stopped and had a reeses mcflurry....AWWWWWWW why did I do it!! Actually it was terrible about an hour after I got home I ended up getting the worst headache I have had in a long time. Hubby said that it was probably becuase of the icecream----way to much sugar for a girl whos special sweet treat is a grapefruit!!!! So after I put Saul in bed I went out and 'powerraked' for a little over an hour and burned liek 400 cals. I was movign! I still went over my cals but it worked out to be only about 160. Why do we do this to ourselves???? Will I ever learn????? grrrrr

:heart: :heart: jenny

JENNYYYYYYY! :tongue: Don't feel guilty about your Whopper! It's a bee-yootiful specimen of a burger. No one can blame you for not resisting. Haha! Just work it off and I'm sure you'll feel better.
    I have a question for you since you're like the resident BL expert... I'm watching season 4 now, right? And that's the season where they got 50 contestants from 50 states. What I don't get is how did the two people (Adrian and Jaron) lose more weight off the ranch, than the contestants on the ranch. The ranchers were doing like 4 to 6 hours a day and were constantly watched by Bob and Kim, and yet Adrian and Jaron were still doing their full time things and had higher percentages... Help? I'm confused...:huh:

And welcome to Laura! I know you're going to love it here.:wink:

Keep working hard everyone! You are all amazing people!

Mina :smokin: