5 random/interesting facts about you

Options

Replies

• Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    1) Though I may not look like it im a huge Geek. I love anything that has to do with astrology. I watch the Science channel a lot and am hooked on knowing about formations of planets and stars.

2) I write poetry and short stories

3) I think my mind wants me to become a movie producer or writer as my dreams are constantly crazy movies and sometimes I envision the same movie more than once but to correct the story line

4) Im OCD about being on time. Doesn't matter for what it is I always have to be early or on time.

5) I will always try to make every person I meet smile and laught
  • therapyruns
    therapyruns Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I was born 10 weeks (almost three months) premature and weighed just about 2 lbs
    My left big toe nail has been "dead" for two years and keeps regrowing and then falling off again. It doesn't ever hurt.
    I could live off almond butter
    I absolutely love Elton John (he's my #1)
    I don't drink alcohol of any kind (including beer, wine, etc), but if I do it has to be on the rocks only and either gin or vodka
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    1. I can feel colours with my fingertips
    2. I once appeared in a Sci-Fi photo comic strip
    3. I can put my ankles behind my ears
    4. My friends use me as a consultant Googler as I can get more relevant information out of it faster than anyone else!
    5. My feet faced outwards and slightly backwards when I started walking. This was corrected with special boots, but I'm still always getting my feet stood on because I stand with them waaaaay out!
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    1. I broke my left index finger on my forehead while on a trampoline when I was 7. I went to do a flip and my friends brother double bounced and I went all wonky and I landed on it.

2. I walked away from a car accident that should have hurt me worse than it did. I had severe whiplash, 3 dislocated/relocated (they relocated on the door frame during the accident, which caused them all to be pushed back into the knuckles - it was painful) and a pretty sore back... as well as a nasty bruise on my forehead from my ball cap when the airbag hit it.

3. I am scared of clowns - panic attack scared, even Ronald McDonald statues scare me...no one knows why.

4. I am a fountain of ridiculous knowledge and share it at the most ridiculous times.

5. I collect pez dispensers.. and I think the one I love the most is the vintage spiderman - no feet, still in the package with the original candy.
  • furbutt
    furbutt Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    1. My husband proposed to me using a crossword puzzle in our local newspaper
    2. I love getting my teeth cleaned
    3. I could literally eat cashews dipped in peanut butter until I explode
    4. I squated and peed with all the men prior to my 3 hour chicago marathon because they line was way too long and.... who cares!!
    5. I have run in 12 countries around the world!
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    1. I am left-handed, but can only use scissors with my right hand.

I do this too!! I thought I was the only one :laugh:
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    I thought it would be fun to have a thread like this. Instead of just, where you live, how old you are, etc...try and list a few funny/random/surprising things about yourself, some things to make us have a giggle I'll start off!

1) I am a person who says what I mean and mean exactly what I say without any thing else going through my mind. I can actually clear my mind and think of absolutely nothing too. It feels amazing!
    2) I am a big nerd and I have a bachelor's in advanced mathematics and statistics.
    3) In my DVR you will find I record family guy, the simpsons, Big bang theory, the old two and a half men (new one sucks), Rob, merlin, desperate house wives, how it's made and a few stand up comedians (Carlos Mencia, Chris Rock, charlie sheen, Jeff Denham) on a regular basis.
    4) I love soft fuzzy socks!
    5) I am from Saudi Arabia and moved here when I was 19. After getting my DL I tried driving on my own to my college.
    Got off the interstate then went to the gas station for direction. He said "go back the way you came back on the interstate" so I did lol.
    I went in on the interstate in the wrong direction! went up the curb and got stuck, when the officer came over he asked what were you thinking? I said I don't know, he said to go back the same way so I did. Ha ha ha.
    He didn't give me a ticket and luckily nothing too bad happened to my car.
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    1. I have my neck pierced (along with many other piercings).

2. Spaceballs is my favorite movie.

3. My femur bones are rotated in my hip sockets (making my knees point inward).

4. I have my BS in Biology, have worked with reptiles, and can't wait to get back into that profession.

5. I am so scared of bees, that I actually blacked out in my car when I saw one about to fly in it. Curled up into the fetal position (which made me take my foot off the break) and rolled through a red light into the intersection. Luckily, no one hit me.
  • Whaleluvr
    Whaleluvr Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    1. My birthday is Halloween
    2. Once I set my mind to a goal, I go all out, and try to make it work.....
    it usually doesn't last, but 30 days in, and MFP is still going strong
    3. My left foot is screwed up (sensitive), because when I was in high school......being the smart *kitten* kid, i was, I threw a soda bottle on the ground....(Littering)...........about a week later, when we were playing tag in the same field, guess who stepped on the broken bottle, and ripped all my nerves, tendons, etc............ hasn't been the same since!!! Yup stooooopid old me!!!!
    4. Love, and collect Whales.........have 2 cabinets full..............and 1 cabinet full of hummingbirds
    5. My husband and his mom own a business.............when she passes, I will have to start running it..................And I am **** scared that I will screw everything up!!!!!
  • jens1285
    jens1285 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    1. I have 48 pairs of shoes crammed in my dorm closet
    2. all the nail polish i own is some form of pink, purple, or red
    3. I played hockey because a boy told me girls couldn't play (i proved him wrong)
    4. I get along better with guys then girls
    5. I'm not scared to say anything no matter where i am
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    1. I'm married to a German (yes, one born and raised there).
    2. I love zombie novels!
    3. I really dislike farm animals, haha :(
    4. I have developed an obsession with making and eating protein muffins.
    5. I dislike bubblegum but I like gum such as Trident. I think it's just the size of the bubblegum that throws me off, ugh!
  • LoriBarefoot
    LoriBarefoot Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    -Out of 4 years of college I attended 3 different Universities
    -I sang at Carnegie Hall in NYC
    -I make killer cheesecakes
    -At one time I was running about 9 miles a week...now I despise it
    -There is something on its way to me from Gary Sinese :o)
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I thought it would be fun to have a thread like this. Instead of just, where you live, how old you are, etc...try and list a few funny/random/surprising things about yourself, some things to make us have a giggle I'll start off!

1) I am a person who says what I mean and mean exactly what I say without any thing else going through my mind. I can actually clear my mind and think of absolutely nothing too. It feels amazing!
    2) I am a big nerd and I have a bachelor's in advanced mathematics and statistics.
    3) In my DVR you will find I record family guy, the simpsons, Big bang theory, the old two and a half men (new one sucks), Rob, merlin, desperate house wives, how it's made and a few stand up comedians (Carlos Mencia, Chris Rock, charlie sheen, Jeff Denham) on a regular basis.
    4) I love soft fuzzy socks!
    5) I am from Saudi Arabia and moved here when I was 19. After getting my DL I tried driving on my own to my college.
    Got off the interstate then went to the gas station for direction. He said "go back the way you came back on the interstate" so I did lol.
    I went in on the interstate in the wrong direction! went up the curb and got stuck, when the officer came over he asked what were you thinking? I said I don't know, he said to go back the same way so I did. Ha ha ha.
    He didn't give me a ticket and luckily nothing too bad happened to my car.

I'm sorry, lol @ the interstate story!!!!! That was too, too funny :)
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    -I am afraid of squirrels, severely.
    -I believe mayonnaise should be outlawed
    -I adore beards. If I could grow one, I would.
    -pain excites me (piercings/tattoos)
    -I am very flexible, but for some reason could never master a perfect split :-(
  • passion8soull
    Options
    1. I am evil without my (very large) cup of coffee when i wake up.
    2. I have more shoes than Amelda Marcos, and I am not joking.
    3. I had two dogs named utter pandemonium and bloody mayhem, and they thouroughly behaved like thier names.
    4. I have two tattoos, one of the sun because without it nothing grows and one of a chinese symbol meaning "faith, believe, trust"
    5. God is first in my life along with my two adorable daughters.
  • YummyTpn
    YummyTpn Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    1. I have lived in London, England, Montreal, PQ, and Chicago, IL.
    2. I am a Canadian girl through and through and living and travelling the world has made me grateful to call Canada home...And I don't imagine I will ever move away from here again (although never say never!) Canadians don't know how lucky they are to not know how lucky they are to be Canadians...Truly the Best Country in the World (although I DO love England!!)
    3. I like to eat some types of raw meat, and have since I was a child.
    4. I am an art therapist and believe that everybody has the power within them to be creative...Most of us just need to let go of the judgement that we put on ourselves and what we create. I also believe art (and music, dance, etc.) has the power to heal all ills. Everyone needs to make art everyday, just like exercise! The world would be a happier place. I also like to wear (small) art and got a tattoo long before they were "cool" (like, in 1990).
    5. I love animals almost more than people (at times) and have a knack for communicating with them...They usually respond positively to me and for this I am most grateful.
  • helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    1. I have bear tracks across the back of my eyeballs and have appeared in a text book, this also means I get free eye tests cos opticians are always fascinated with them.

2. I was born in England but spent the first four years of my life in South Africa and Holland

3. I play 5 instruments ( not all at once)

4. I once played tennis with Sir Cliff Richard

5. I have an obsession with wolves and am interested in dog training from using information from wolf pack behaviour
  • Isrn2
    Isrn2 Posts: 160
    Options
    1. I'm the oldest of 4 adopted children ... none of us related by birth, all of us half Italian.
    2. I'm the head cook of an all-women competition BBQ team (The Smokin' Hot Sistahs) ... and yes, we consistently beat the boys!!
    3. I was homeschooled from 3rd grade through high school and started college when I was 15.
    4. Spent 3 weeks in Poland and Austria on a choir tour 10 years ago. LOVED Poland!!!
    5. I have enough scrapbooking supplies in my basement to open a small store. My friends are always coming over to "shop".
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    1. Lived in a van after I got out of the Marine Corps. Supported myself by delivering newspapers while going to Travel Agent school, but never became a travel agent.

2. Had a not so successful boxing career in the 70's. 14 fights. 9 wins and 5 losses. All losses were on points. Would have lost the other 9 on points too if I hadn't knocked them out.

3. Got 3 speeding tickets on my Motorcycle in one day. One of them as I was leaving the courthouse after paying a previous speeding fine.

4. Been married 4 times. After 3 divorces you have to look at the common denominator and re-evaluate. I realized I was an @sshole.

5. I have an IQ of 155, but I never let it get in the way of my decision making.
  • andreacord
    Options
    -I'm pretty much an unofficial "pescatarian" or whatever the word is, I don't like poultry and will not eat ground beef unless it's extra lean and in spaghetti sauce. I pretty much subsist off of seafood and protein powder.

-I really hate socks! Can't explain why if I tried, I pretty much only wear them out of the house or to work out.

-I would be lost without my Magic Bullet and Keurig, I have coffee and a protein shake/smoothie daily

-I will not use papertowel if it's wet. The sound and feel of it wet makes me shudder. Don't know why to this day.

-I am a tea fanatic. There's currently 10 different types of tea living in my cupboard right now. In fact, besides oatmeal, PB and sweetener for the tea, tea is what takes up the bottom shelf.

-I read so fast it's fricken scary as I've been told. I killed 16 books this summer which is a book a week on average.

-