Replies

• KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    from November 5, 2011

*Pic deleted, not needed

from today, February 8, 2012

*Pic deleted, not needed

so much work to do to get back to better than November... but, I have 7 months, so I can do it.

truly not trying to start qanything but your tattoo switched sides? how'd you do that?

The one is a mirror picture, obviously...So it's going to be on the opposite side...

Bry you are always looking good even when you are not competing!

Thank you, Marc!

My Sister-in-law does competitions like that! I think she did one on the same day too.
  • Jeannie8726
    Options
    I love this post- your confidence is inspiring! I just have one question to all the posters who have said that they do not wear bikinis... where in the hell do you go on vacation? I feel like I am always the ONLY one on the beach that's NOT in a bikini!! LOL!:happy:
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I love this post- your confidence is inspiring! I just have one question to all the posters who have said that they do not wear bikinis... where in the hell do you go on vacation? I feel like I am always the ONLY one on the beach that's NOT in a bikini!! LOL!:happy:

I live in Miami. I have no issue in my one-piece suit. It's cute on me.
  • TomsGirl86
    Options
    Wow!

Fantastic incredibly motivating thread.

I haven't worn a bikini in years (but i haven't been anywhere to wear one, lol) However, i have stretch marks that i didn't use to have and was feeling a bit torn that my goal was to get back in a bikini, but i didn't want my tummy showing....not any more!

Thankyou all who posted pictures and words of support xxx

Those that posted words that were not supportive, shame on you.
  • heidiberr
    heidiberr Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I'll before and after this bikini (or tankini in the first case) this thread! Gotta be proud of your body at ALL sizes.

230 pounds--starting point:
    4780035107_7888fe7ac9.jpg

Right around 143--loose skin, stretch marks, and all:
    6549451879_4f6c1daf18.jpg
    6549454259_f69aec3382.jpg
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Yes Heidi! You have changed so much :D great job!! love that you posted here
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    from November 5, 2011

*Pic deleted, not needed

from today, February 8, 2012

*Pic deleted, not needed

so much work to do to get back to better than November... but, I have 7 months, so I can do it.

truly not trying to start qanything but your tattoo switched sides? how'd you do that?

The one is a mirror picture, obviously...So it's going to be on the opposite side...

Bry you are always looking good even when you are not competing!

Thank you, Marc!

My Sister-in-law does competitions like that! I think she did one on the same day too.

that was my 1st competition and SO much fun! The girls were so nice and helpful!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I'll before and after this bikini (or tankini in the first case) this thread! Gotta be proud of your body at ALL sizes.

Wow! GREAT job, you look fantastic!! You should be proud of yourself!
  • Corryn78
    Corryn78 Posts: 215
    Options
    I just started wearing bathing suits a couple of years ago (since I was a kid).

bathingsuit.jpg
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    The truth is the same for men in speedos and ladies in bikinis.
    If you're not in peak condition, you should refrain.
    Confidence is wonderful, and maybe there are better ways to exhibit fortitude than speedos or bikinis.

That's just a sight...
    The truth is the same for men (or women) in peak condition and men (or women) in poor condition:
    If you don't have something nice to say, keep your mouth shut or your fingers off the keyboard.

Don't want to look at these pictures? Don't click on the link to the thread.
    You're in a public forum.
    Truth is not all unicorns and rainbows.

One of the reasons America is a fat nation is this whole notion of fat acceptance.
    If all you want is an estrogen echo chamber, start a group.
    Sorry to rain on the parade, but the whole notion is absurd in the extreme.

If you can't take an opposing opinion, don't come into a public forum.

So if something were to happen and you just weren't physically able to workout, would you just kill yourself??

Yes, I believe he would.

Yes it's a public forum and sadly anyone with a keyboard is allowed to play. HOWEVER, the forum was under MOTIVATION AND SUPPORT. If you read the OP at all you would know that she is not done in her journey, she recognizes she wants more, but just b/c you aren't at your "peak performance" doesn't mean you can't be proud of who you are. I'm sad you can't see that. Very sad.
  • openskybeach
    openskybeach Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Oh, ladies .. don't mince words ... the point is that none of us will have any photoshop work, we're not supermodels, and we're not paid to 'look good' for a living... Regardless of your size, it's easy to have self image issues and be afraid to wear a bikini. Real women have insecurities.

My apologies for my fattness skewing your impression of my statements.

LMAO thanks for that!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Confidence is wonderful, and maybe there are better ways to exhibit fortitude than speedos or bikinis.

That's just a sight...
    The truth is the same for men (or women) in peak condition and men (or women) in poor condition:
    If you don't have something nice to say, keep your mouth shut or your fingers off the keyboard.

One of the reasons America is a fat nation is this whole notion of fat acceptance.

I've been waiting for your douchebaggery all day!! Look, nowhere have I said that it's okay to let our bodies go, or that everyone should exercise 'fat acceptance'... but you know what is okay? Knowing that you're a good person who is working hard to reach your goals REGARDLESS OF HOW YOUR BODY LOOKS TODAY.

I know you used to be fat and now you hate fat people because you have deemed them weak, but please keep in mind that your "tough love" comes off as hateful and pious. I'm sure you're very aware that you're not well liked by many, and I'm sure you don't care, but don't for one second think I'll let you get away with fat-bashing today, pal.
  • JLWilson27
    Options
    You ladies are such an inspiration! I just wish I had the confidence you do! There is no flippin way I would post a pic of myself in a bikini! I have one or two on FB from a couple summers ago when we went and floated the river but I was much skinnier then.

My problem now is since I have put on weight I'm worried that everyone is judging me because I'm not as little as I used to be. I hear others all the time getting the oh you lost weight you look so good. But no one is ever going to say to me wow you put on weight, you look good. So of course my confidence is shot. I sometimes wish I was bigger so I would have more to lose and people would be proud of me! Ugh it's a vicious cycle!

So props to all of you beautiful confident women! I'm jealous of you!
  • bejuled74
    bejuled74 Posts: 191 Member
    Options

That's just a sight...

I'm pretty sure that most of the people who took the time to post or even look at this thread are here to make themselves better and healthier...which is to be commended, not condemed. Life is not rainbows and unicorns, which I think anyone who has made the attempt to lose weight or get fit has figured out for themselves and they don't need you to point out the obvious. From what I have read, you have an issue with people loving themselves no matter what they weigh or how they look. I'm sure you realized when posting your absurd comment you would get some opposing opinions to what you had to say since this is a public forum.
  • TomsGirl86
    Options
    misskortney i think i love you!
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options

That's just a sight...

So if something were to happen and you just weren't physically able to workout, would you just kill yourself??

Yes, I believe he would.

Yes Max it's a public forum and sadly anyone with a keyboard is allowed to play. HOWEVER, the forum was under MOTIVATION AND SUPPORT

Nicely said.
    It's not anyone expecting unicorns and rainbows. It's about support. You came in here to cut people down.
    Let me make the fact that I don't expect fun and loving attitudes and understand that others will have other opinions on public forums VERY CLEAR.
    You were in the wrong for what you posted, not these people for feeling good about themselves.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,615 Member
    Options
    Other3.jpg

You have a ROCKIN' body! It is so proportionate and CURVALICIOUS!

genetics have blessed you, darling! :love:

This!

You ladies all rock!
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options

Wow, inspirational!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

That's just a sight...

I've been waiting for your douchebaggery all day!! Look, nowhere have I said that it's okay to let our bodies go, or that everyone should exercise 'fat acceptance'... but you know what is okay? Knowing that you're a good person who is working hard to reach your goals REGARDLESS OF HOW YOUR BODY LOOKS TODAY.

I know you used to be fat and now you hate fat people because you have deemed them weak, but please keep in mind that your "tough love" comes off as hateful and pious. I'm sure you're very aware that you're not well liked by many, and I'm sure you don't care, but don't for one second think I'll let you get away with fat-bashing today, pal.

^This!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,224 Member
    Options
    Ladies, you all look wonderful.