Real Women in Binkinis!

Options

Replies

• lyddsmom
    Options
    I'm a size 6 and no offense taken. I am also 5'3" so a size 6 for me is different than for someone who is 5'10". I know what she was trying to say and I agree. "Real" bodies rock no matter the size!
  • EthanJeremiahsMama
    EthanJeremiahsMama Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    To all the ladies that posted pictures:

I am in complete total and utter awe of you and your self-confidence and your BEAUTY. I only hope to gain enough confidence to wear a bikini to the beach when I hit my GW. I am nervous as heck.

Wow, all of you look absolutely AMAZING!!
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    The truth is the same for men in speedos and ladies in bikinis.
    If you're not in peak condition, you should refrain.
    Confidence is wonderful, and maybe there are better ways to exhibit fortitude than speedos or bikinis.

That's just a sight...

he's giving HIS opinion! If its not wanted or welcome don't post a public thread. You open yourself up to "both sides" when you do!
  • icewindfirex
    Options
    Bumping to do this!

You women are AWESOME<3
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Confidence is wonderful, and maybe there are better ways to exhibit fortitude than speedos or bikinis.

That's just a sight...

he's giving HIS opinion! If its not wanted or welcome don't post a public thread. You open yourself up to "both sides" when you do!

Bless your heart!
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Ok..here we go..

I actually purchased this one 2 years ago once I had gained weight...so I have less T&A now and the bottoms are a little loose...but I really like this one, might have to alter the bottom to keep wearing it.

PICT0126-1.jpg

Looking good smurf!!! Love that bikini body!!
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I need a NEW bikini... if I put my old one on now, it'd probably fall off! lol Swim suit shopping this summer... I think I'm actually excited! :happy:
  • SassyCalyGirl
    Options
    I am blessed, thank you.
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    cdea7d80-1.jpg

c5c7521c.jpg

Stop the presses!!!!! Mel, you are one bad mamajama!!
  • SassyCalyGirl
    Options
    goldengirl-you look awesome! Great muscle tone....now that's inspiring!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options

That's just a sight...

And I'm posting my opinion... and that's, "I don't care what his opinion is." :smile:

When I wear a bikini, it's primarily to soak in the pool in my own back yard. I haven't worn a bikini in "public" in over 10 years, although I did swim in a friends' pool in my bra & panties at 3am one night. Tequila was involved. I'm not saying I wouldn't wear a bikini to a public pool or beach... just the opportunity hasn't presented itself.

My secondary reason for wearing a bikini is to document progress. I take nude pictures, too, but those can't be posted on here. It motivates me, and judging by the amount of messages I get, it motivates others.

I don't wear a bikini for the entertainment and viewing pleasure of others, except my husband, and he prefers the way the bikini looks on the floor than on my body.

The approval of others is not required. I'm far from peak condition. By some standards, I'll never be peak condition. But I'm really happy with how I look in a bikini. I was happy with how I looked in a bikini when I weighed 10 pounds more than I do now. And 20 pounds more. And 30 pounds more.

Just like in the Rocky Horror Picture Show, when Frank asked Janet's opinion of Rocky. She answered, "I don't like a guy with too much muscle." Frank huffed, "I didn't make him for YOU!" If anyone here doesn't like how I look, or anyone in this thread looks, in a bikini, just remember... they didn't do it for YOU.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options

That's just a sight...

Yeah! What do you think this is, the motivation and support forum? Oh wait...
  • brettjcohen
    brettjcohen Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Congrats on putting yourself out there.
    Although I think the En Vogue lyric is "Free your mind and the rest will follow". But "Free your mind and your *kitten* will follow" works too.
  • Bysshe
    Bysshe Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Everyone here is such an inspiration! I'd love to be able to wear a bikini... or tankini... or even a one peice and feel comfortable.
    Someday... If my skin lets me.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    Options

That's just a sight...

And I'm posting my opinion... and that's, "I don't care what his opinion is." :smile:

When I wear a bikini, it's primarily to soak in the pool in my own back yard. I haven't worn a bikini in "public" in over 10 years, although I did swim in a friends' pool in my bra & panties at 3am one night. Tequila was involved. I'm not saying I wouldn't wear a bikini to a public pool or beach... just the opportunity hasn't presented itself.

My secondary reason for wearing a bikini is to document progress. I take nude pictures, too, but those can't be posted on here. It motivates me, and judging by the amount of messages I get, it motivates others.

I don't wear a bikini for the entertainment and viewing pleasure of others, except my husband, and he prefers the way the bikini looks on the floor than on my body.

The approval of others is not required. I'm far from peak condition. By some standards, I'll never be peak condition. But I'm really happy with how I look in a bikini. I was happy with how I looked in a bikini when I weighed 10 pounds more than I do now. And 20 pounds more. And 30 pounds more.

Just like in the Rocky Horror Picture Show, when Frank asked Janet's opinion of Rocky. She answered, "I don't like a guy with too much muscle." Frank huffed, "I didn't make him for YOU!" If anyone here doesn't like how I look, or anyone in this thread looks, in a bikini, just remember... they didn't do it for YOU.

love how people get so pissy-settle down. I didn't given an opinion either way-simply stating EVERYONE has the "right to theirs" whether people agree or not.
  • beckipercy
    beckipercy Posts: 160 Member
    Options

That's just a sight...
    The truth is the same for men (or women) in peak condition and men (or women) in poor condition:
    If you don't have something nice to say, keep your mouth shut or your fingers off the keyboard.

Don't want to look at these pictures? Don't click on the link to the thread.
    You're in a public forum.
    Truth is not all unicorns and rainbows.

One of the reasons America is a fat nation is this whole notion of fat acceptance.
    If all you want is an estrogen echo chamber, start a group.
    Sorry to rain on the parade, but the whole notion is absurd in the extreme.

If you can't take an opposing opinion, don't come into a public forum.

I've been waiting for your douchebaggery all day!! Look, nowhere have I said that it's okay to let our bodies go, or that everyone should exercise 'fat acceptance'... but you know what is okay? Knowing that you're a good person who is working hard to reach your goals REGARDLESS OF HOW YOUR BODY LOOKS TODAY.

I know you used to be fat and now you hate fat people because you have deemed them weak, but please keep in mind that your "tough love" comes off as hateful and pious. I'm sure you're very aware that you're not well liked by many, and I'm sure you don't care, but don't for one second think I'll let you get away with fat-bashing today, pal.

Is it okay that I'm in love with you? :love:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    love how people get so pissy-settle down. I didn't given an opinion either way-simply stating EVERYONE has the "right to theirs" whether people agree or not.

I'm not being pissy. I'm just "giving my opinion." I have a right to mine... you just said so.

Which is... GOOD FOR YOU if you have the confidence to be happy before you reach your goals. :flowerforyou:

Oh, yeah... I forgot to contribute to the thread. Here's to small boobs, bony chest, pasty white skin, not much definition in the arms, no six-pack, short torso, heavy thighs... and being damn happy. :happy:

IMG_3421.jpg
  • mskatec22
    mskatec22 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Great beach/yoga photos and I LOVE that you found that top at the Sally!!
    :bigsmile:
    Juliesummers I love your bikini!!

Thanks! :)
    I found that top at Salvation Army for $1.50 :P
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options

I'm not being pissy. I'm just "giving my opinion." I have a right to mine... you just said so.

Which is... GOOD FOR YOU if you have the confidence to be happy before you reach your goals. :flowerforyou:
    .... ESPECIALLY on the "Motivation & Support" forums. :flowerforyou: (I :heart: LorinaLynn)
  • brettjcohen
    brettjcohen Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    All I can say is Wow. GReat job!